• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

CyReN said:
Yea, I'm that Cyren.

There's going to be a huge lan in Michigan in a few weeks, I'm going to be setting up a H1 station there and hopefully have a stream. Walshy going to be there, hope I can get some matches in with him.
Is this the gamers for giving lan? I've never been to it but I have a friend that goes. Sounds fun.

CyReN

wwm0nkey said:
If 343 gets a separate studio to just port the MP over with 1080p and 60FPS it can happen this year :D

I REALLY wish Frankie would just come out with the H1 one. I know that would be successful and Halo 2 would follow. It's getting really annoying setting up XBC now.

One can dream..

SolidEyeSystem said:
Is this the gamers for giving lan? I've never been to it but I have a friend that goes. Sounds fun.

Yea, that's it. There's going to be one in June I believe in Lansing. I'll be again, always great to support a great cause while gaming.

wwm0nkey

CyReN said:
I REALLY wish Frankie would just come out with the H1 one. I know that would be successful and Halo 2 would follow. It's getting really annoying setting up XBC now.

One can dream..
Frankie actually show down the rumors of the remake of CE.

Still though I have faith that Halo 2 XBLA will eventually happen :)

CyReN

wwm0nkey said:

I may have read something wrong/probably dreaming. I swear Frankie did say they aren't working on a H1 remake but another studio may be doing it. I wouldn't mind it as long as they treated it like 4J Studios did with Rare games to the XBLA.

E3, please come quicker.

wwm0nkey

CyReN said:
I may have read something wrong/probably dreaming. I swear Frankie did say they aren't working on a H1 remake but another studio may be doing it. I wouldn't mind it as long as they treated it like 4J Studios did with Rare games to the XBLA.

E3, please come quicker.
No the Saber rumors where shot down :(

For Halo 1 I would like it to get the full HD super treatment but for Halo 2 I think it should get the 4J treatment. Achievements, 1080p and 60FPS

Oh also since I am having a little birthday party (more of a hang out thing) today me and my friends are going to play some Halo 2 split screen. Screen peaking will be fun as always! lol

NOKYARD

Blueblur1 said:
Fucking shit. I wake up and the gamertag I wanted was deleted from my friends list which is a good sign that Microsoft has freed it up. But some asshole already registered it. It's only been like 3 hours from 5am which is when they free them up. I feel like I got sniped on an eBay auction. I can't believe this. I'm so mad.
I have been wanting to change my gamertag from runNOKYARDrun back to the original NOKYARD for several years. It wasn't released in the last unlock and still seems to be locked up since i can see it on xbox.com.

Major Nelson says they will be reviving Gamertags daily, does anyone know how long i should keep trying?

Will the name change be reflected on my file share maps?

wwm0nkey

NOKYARD said:
I have been wanting to change my gamertag from runNOKYARDrun back to the original NOKYARD for several years. It wasn't released in the last unlock and still seems to be locked up since i can see it on xbox.com.

Major Nelson says they will be reviving Gamertags daily, does anyone know how long i should keep trying?

Will the name change be reflected on my file share maps?
Every night around 2am pacific/5am eastern the new batch gets deleted.

Blueblur1

I'm really looking forward to that Classic playlist. Is it set to debut next month? I literally have no idea as to what the plans are for the hoppers next month. I really don't pay too much attention to that anymore. :p

MrBig

CyReN said:

One can dream..
I've never bothered with XBC, is it worth setting up just to play H1/2?

Hey You

Blueblur1 said:
I'm really looking forward to that Classic playlist. Is it set to debut next month? I literally have no idea as to what the plans are for the hoppers next month. I really don't pay too much attention to that anymore. :p
It could happen late this month, but it looks like Next Month.

CyReN

wwm0nkey said:

I've been hearing mixed things about that, some of my friends have gotten them throughout the day. Best thing to do is run a Macro.

MrBig said:
I've never bothered with XBC, is it worth setting up just to play H1/2?

If you got a HUGE urge to play it isn't bad, maybe 5-10 minutes, and you are next to a computer. It's pretty hard to get some decent h1 matches, h2 it's a lot easier.

GhaleonEB

wwm0nkey said:

To be clear, he shot down the notion that such a large project would be outsourced to another studio. The didn't say no such project exists.

#####

Couple random Firefight notes.

First, a rant. In the past week, I've probably met two players who were of decent skill in Firefight Limited. As in, didn't chew through lots of lives, actually had an idea how to play it. I play a lot of it so I don't expect to meet peers that often, but I've never seen a population of players who were so thoroughly bad before. (And this is excluding the idlers/griefers, which comprise about 25% of the population). I'm to the point where I can tell how the entire game is going to go within one or two minutes. I might diagram it.

I like explosions, and this video has many. I was startled at how the chain started up again after it stopped when the door closed.

I'd really love to learn the origin of the phantom Plasma Rifle spawns that occur during the boss wave of Score Attack 2X. For those unfamiliar, squadrons of four Plasma Rifles spawn in all over the map. I think they are on the spawn points that enemies normally use, but since the Elites come via drop ship, they spawn the rifles instead. It's just an amusing, really weird bug.

Also, I've often wondered what happens if you hop off the back of a Wraith while the Wraith has its back against a wall. I inadvertently discovered this yesterday: you die. Now you know.

Tunavi

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
Fucking warthog on top of my rockets. I guess that's what I get for destroying a perfectly good hog.

Man, it's stuff like that MAKES Halo. No other game I've played has those funny WTF amazing moments.
Yeah that was a great moment lol Cant wait for next weeks customs!

Ghaleon, how did you get the All-Star label?

wwm0nkey said:
This is very false information...

I was checking throughout the day all day, and then around 5:00 Mountain Time Devin Olsen was suddenly available.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Devin Olsen said:
Perhaps there should be a GAF Customs on at a different time that is geared more to the serious crowd? Tashi, Fhive (lalw), juices, etc... What do you guys think?

I don't really play HaloGAF Customs to play serious though. If I do play those it's to do stupid shit like go no scoping in the passenger seat of a warthog. If I wanna play serious I'll just run some MLG customs or hit up the MLG playlist.

edit: Running some MLG Playlist

http://www.justin.tv/tashiii

feel

Devin Olsen said:

I was checking throughout the day all day, and then around 5:00 Mountain Time Devin Olsen was suddenly available.
Were you checking xbox.com/waiting for a FR to the tag to disappear or were you trying to actually change it on the xbox dash multiple times throughout the day? I'm trying to figure out if you are right, or if there's a delay from deletion to availability.

I really want to grab the clean version of my first name.

Devin Olsen said:

Man, the lack of your Sage avatar is really throwing me off, Devin.

Also, I'm experimenting with some more action-packed panoramas:

Clicky for really big images.

Gui_PT

Blue Ninja said:
Man, the lack of your Sage avatar is really throwing me off, Devin.

Also, I'm experimenting with some more action-packed panoramas:

Clicky for really big images.

Really love what you're doing. Any chance I could ever help you?

Gui_PT said:
Really love what you're doing. Any chance I could ever help you?
Absolutely. I've been thinking about adding some community-made stuff to Views from the Edge (more specifically I said so in this post), so if you have any awesome screenshots, be sure to send 'em in.

If you're feeling like tackling panorama's, but don't know how, I can help you with that, too. And if you just want to see your virtual self immortalized on a huge picture, we can always play together sometime. I've got you on my Friends List, but haven't had a lot of time for playing online the last few months.

Letters said:
Were you checking xbox.com/waiting for a FR to the tag to disappear or were you trying to actually change it on the xbox dash multiple times throughout the day? I'm trying to figure out if you are right, or if there's a delay from deletion to availability.

I really want to grab the clean version of my first name.
I had the xbox.com page for the GT I wanted set as my home page... So I would say 20+ times throughout the day I loaded the page and saw that it was still in use.

I never actually tried changing it until it said "Whoops!" on the xbox.com page itself.

Blue Ninja said:
Man, the lack of your Sage avatar is really throwing me off, Devin
Yeah :\ I like the idea behind my new avatar (Darkman owns) but the Sage one was growing on me... I would change it back but a) not a fan of Sage's work and b) only have the xmas version on the avatar now.

Gui_PT

Blue Ninja said:
Absolutely. I've been thinking about adding some community-made stuff to Views from the Edge (more specifically I said so in this post), so if you have any awesome screenshots, be sure to send 'em in.

If you're feeling like tackling panorama's, but don't know how, I can help you with that, too. And if you just want to see your virtual self immortalized on a huge picture, we can always play together sometime. I've got you on my Friends List, but haven't had a lot of time for playing online the last few months.

It's not about showing up, I've been seeing these gorgeous shots since H2 and always wanted to work on something like that.

I'll take a look into the panoramas. Any time you want to do something, let me know <3

Gui_PT said:
It's not about showing up, I've been seeing these gorgeous shots since H2 and always wanted to work on something like that.

I'll take a look into the panoramas. Any time you want to do something, let me know <3
I could always use another editor for Views from the Edge, if you're feeling confident. ;)

Send me a PM if you've got any question's about panorama'ing. Which is not a real verb.

feel

Devin Olsen said:
I had the xbox.com page for the GT I wanted set as my home page... So I would say 20+ times throughout the day I loaded the page and saw that it was still in use.

I never actually tried changing it until it said "Whoops!" on the xbox.com page itself.
Thanks. I'll setup a check4change on the page and will have it running constantly on the laptop while I'm at home.

MrBig

Blue Ninja said:
I could always use another editor for Views from the Edge, if you're feeling confident. ;)

Send me a PM if you've got any question's about panorama'ing. Which is not a real verb.
If you take submissions I can make some more sometime.

Gui_PT

Blue Ninja said:

I appreciate it but you should never offer me any task that requires any amount of responsability =P (I am sad to write such a sentence about myself=( )

MrBig said:
If you take submissions I can make some more sometime.
I do. Check this post for details. :)

You can always PM 'em to me here, too.

Gui_PT said:
I appreciate it but you should never offer me any task that requires any amount of responsability =P (I am sad to write such a sentence about myself=( )
I'm the same way. I figure two irresponsible d00dz can do more awesomeness than one. :p

So being a Reach fan, but not super hardcore, I'm tempted to get into Arena.

Do people take it seriously and does it work as advertised? It sounds really cool in theory.

MrBig

For the last week reach has been saying I have sub-optimal upload conditions, while I have a 25/25 FiOS connection that is working correctly, and I have actually been getting upload speeds above 3mbs. What's up?

e: Ghal invite me if you ever need someone for FF limited. Played it for the first time and I now know what you have been experiencing.

PNut

Banned
CartridgeBlower said:
So being a Reach fan, but not super hardcore, I'm tempted to get into Arena.

Do people take it seriously and does it work as advertised? It sounds really cool in theory.

I find the Arena to be an enjoyable experience. Even when searching by myself I find that there are a lot less quiters and more people using mics. The recent changes to Arena place more emphasis on winning rather than your individual performance. This is a great thing.

I'd say give it a go. Here's a nice FAQ about The Arena...... http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=57414074&postRepeater1-p=1

Gui_PT

Blue Ninja said:
I tried to come up with something witty, but I couldn't. I failed. :(

Let's not rush into anything, though. If you've made some panorama's, let me know.

I'll definitely get into that.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
MrBig said:
For the last week reach has been saying I have sub-optimal upload conditions, while I have a 25/25 FiOS connection that is working correctly, and I have actually been getting upload speeds above 3mbs. What's up?

e: Ghal invite me if you ever need someone for FF limited. Played it for the first time and I now know what you have been experiencing.

I'm in the same boat. For my upload it says WARNING. Our FiOs is too strong for Reach lol

PNut said:
I find the Arena to be an enjoyable experience. Even when searching by myself I find that there are a lot less quiters and more people using mics. The recent changes to Arena place more emphasis on winning rather than your individual performance. This is a great thing.

I'd say give it a go. Here's a nice FAQ about The Arena...... http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=57414074&postRepeater1-p=1

Gracias! Will definitely comb through that and try to gather what I can. Are most people happy with the changes?

Crazy that if you don't win you don't get your points. But I like it. It's ballsy.

First game of FF Limited = huge success.

Full stats won't load, but I went +153 on Outpost.

I likey.

Edit: Still won't load. Sad. :'^(

I was working the crossmap DMR on the wrecked gun while my partner grabbed the ordinance.

The only non-DMR kill I had was on a Brute Chieftain who tried to sass me.

Hitmonchan107 said:
First game of FF Limited = huge success.

Full stats won't load, but I went +153 on Outpost.

I likey.

Edit: Still won't load. Sad. :'^(

I was working the crossmap DMR on the wrecked gun while my partner grabbed the ordinance.

The only non-DMR kill I had was on a Brute Chieftain who tried to sass me.

Individual game stats page hasn't been working all day. Not sure whats up.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
I'm in the same boat. For my upload it says WARNING. Our FiOs is too strong for Reach lol
Yeah this is weird, I've had Comcast for a couple months now and when I first started using it on Reach it said Excellent in Upload and now it alternates between Average and Warning.

neoism

Plywood said:
Yeah this is weird, I've had Comcast for a couple months now and when I first started using it on Reach it said Excellent in Upload and now it alternates between Average and Warning.
same

Blueblur1

Plywood said:
I've got Comcast as well and after 2 weeks it turned into Warning and hasn't changed since then. *shrug*

Tunavi

Banned
Hitmonchan107 said:
I'm going to be playing Firefight Limited at 10 p.m. EST.

You know you want to.
I'd love to but I've got a paper I have to write by tomorrow, maybe another time so I'll add you

Kibbles

GhaleonEB said:
To be clear, he shot down the notion that such a large project would be outsourced to another studio. The didn't say no such project exists.
That is great to hear, if it exists of course.

Steelyuhas said:
Yeah agreed. If there is indeed a Halo CE remake in the works, I hope 343i is the development team working on it.
Just what kind of development team do you think 343 is? They made a website, and an app for 360 and WP7.

MrBig

HiredN00bs said:
Just what kind of development team do you think 343 is? They made a website, and an app for 360 and WP7.
Do you even know any of the people working there? They have an amazing wealth of talent for a studio that hasn't even made a game yet.

MrBig said:
Do you even know any of the people working there? They have an amazing wealth of talent for a studio that hasn't even made a game yet.
I haven't really kept up with their staffing (is it publicly listed and updated?). I know they hired talented and accomplished producers right off the bat.

I mean their publicly-stated mission was to control Halo-related content. I never interpreted that as internal game development. Why contract Certain Affinity to make maps?

Top Bottom