• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

wwm0nkey said:
You know I just started thinking, with a new console gen coming in 2013, wonder if they should just put filler/ spin off Halo titles in and release the big continuation of Halo 3 for the new Xbox launch.

Microsoft's plan (at least what they have publicly stated) is for a new xbox in 2015, so there is still considerable time before a new console.

Gui_PT

Sorry guys, wasn't home all day. Just got on to do the dailies and in about an hour I'll start sending invites to whoever wants to join for the Falcon screenshot dealio.

wwm0nkey

Steelyuhas said:
Microsoft's plan (at least what they have publicly stated) is for a new xbox in 2015, so there is still considerable time before a new console.
I doubt they will wait that long, also the new job listings pretty much proved we will see the new console in 2013 since they are starting stuff up right now.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
wwm0nkey said:
I doubt they will wait that long, also the new job listings pretty much proved we will see the new console in 2013 since they are starting stuff up right now.

It takes longer than two years to build a console.

343's first major Halo title will definitely be on the 360. Corrinne Yu's been working on a new engine (along with Reach engine stuff) for the 360 since she was hired.

wwm0nkey

Domino Theory said:
It takes longer than two years to build a console.

343's first major Halo title will definitely be on the 360. Corrinne Yu's been working on a new engine (along with Reach engine stuff) for the 360 since she was hired.
Oh I know she has and I know the new major title will be a 360 title, was just doing a little bit of hoping on my end :lol

Really can't wait to see what Corrinne Yu's engine is, last time I talked to her about it she said it was doing things no console engine has done before. That put a HUGE smile on my face.

Crucio

Yeah I can see a Halo title being released within 1-2 years.

Also I don't think it would be a good idea for Marty and Co to be working with 343i, I'd rather that each party focus on their own future.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Man that ViDoc was fuckin sexy. Well done. It definitely increased my hype for the maps a little but I just don't play BTB or anything other than MLG really.

wwm0nkey said:

They have stated many times that the 360 will be a 10 year console (released in 2005). Takes much longer to create a console than two years, Microsoft started working the 360 right after the original Xbox was released, and the 360 was released four years later. Right now they are ramping up hiring for their next console, and in four years it will be 2015. I really think that 2015 is pretty much a given.

There is definitely still potential in this generation for developers to create bigger and better games (seen BF3? It looks insane!)

Tashi0106 said:
Man that ViDoc was fuckin sexy. Well done. It definitely increased my hype for the maps a little but I just don't play BTB or anything other than MLG really.

The ViDoc got me excited for the maps, but that excitement is muted somewhat because I know that I won't see them outside of a special DLC playlist.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
If you guys haven't already, you should listen to an interview Tina Wood had with Corrinne Yu. Very informative if you like tech-talk and want to get some insight into what she thinks of graphics, stability, engine work, etc. I listened to the whole thing a few days ago via MP3.

It's 2 years old, by the way. The interview happened towards the end of 2009.

http://channel9.msdn.com/shows/Insi...incipal-Engine-Architect-Halo-Team-Microsoft/

The one thing I really smiled on was when she said that a stable framerate is crucial, but one of the major issues she wants to tackle the most is latency (for both online and input). :)

wwm0nkey

Domino Theory said:
If you guys haven't already, you should listen to an interview Tina Wood had with Corrinne Yu. Very informative if you like tech-talk and want to get some insight into what she thinks of graphics, stability, engine work, etc. I listened to the whole thing a few days ago via MP3.

It's 2 years old, by the way. The interview happened towards the end of 2009.

http://channel9.msdn.com/shows/Insi...incipal-Engine-Architect-Halo-Team-Microsoft/
She will melt your brain if you ever talk to her, started talking to her waiting for the doors to open for the exhibit halls in E3 and she is incredibly smart and a very cool person.

darthbob

Domino Theory said:
The one thing I really smiled on was when she said that a stable framerate is crucial, but one of the major issues she wants to tackle the most is latency (for both online and input). :)

If only her input was heard by Bungie.

Looking at you Glacier/Package.

Hey You

JonCha said:
Why aren't Big M doing this already? It would be the ultimate cash cow.
Doubtful.

Which do you think Millions would rather buy, a Remake or a completely new Halo game?

New Halo Game would probably sell in the millions.
Remake probably wouldn't even break 500,000.

Domino Theory said:
She's got the right priorities :)

Even when I have fun playing matches in other big online shooters, the lag ends up killing the whole experience for me. Reach is as solid as it comes in the peer to peer console world, but it can always be improved.

(And I can't stop daydreaming about where Bungie and 343 are going to take their respective engines next. From looking at some of the stuff done in ODST and Reach I've got some interesting ideas. Can't wait to hear more down the line.)

Crucio

Hey You said:
Doubtful.

Which do you think Millions would rather buy, a Remake or a completely new Halo game?

New Halo Game would probably sell in the millions.
Remake probably wouldn't even break 500,000.

I agree, as much as any Halo fan would want awesome Remakes, it does not seem logical or probable.

neclas

darthbob said:
If only her input was heard by Bungie.

Looking at you Glacier/Package.
This made me laugh, but it also frustrates the heck out of me; especially on any forged map with a sniper rifle on it (specifically, Asylum).

GhaleonEB

Score Attack 2X and Fiesta Attack (same settings, random weapons) are a lot of fun, especially for playing my own little meta games during them. Seeing how big of a multi kill I can get with a single clip of the AR (Killimanjaro, seven), using up every drop of ammo from my starting weapons in Fiesta before switching, that sort of thing.

One of my rituals is what I call Elite popcorn: pile up most of the Elites from the Elite boss wave in one spot, and then detonate the last squad to roll through with the accumulated plasma grenades. This was the first entry, which gave me the idea, and this was one from a few days ago. It's a fun way to end the match with a bang, or a dozen.

The one I had just now was unusually spectacular by any measure.

darthbob

Decom said:
This made me laugh, but it also frustrates the heck out of me; especially on any forged map with a sniper rifle on it (specifically, Asylum).

Why do you think MLG made their own version of Sanctuary/Asylum lol.

Gui_PT

Blue Ninja said:
Don't have access to my Xbox atm, otherwise I would've joined you. :(

Nvm, can't depend on HaloGaf for anything

Max players was set to 8, when I backed to lobby to change that, people started quitting

Tashi0106 said:
Yeah it was; just watched it on my tv. Those maps look gorgeous. Please take my baconspacemoney.

Gui_PT said:

Max players was set to 8, when I backed to lobby to change that, people started quitting

HaloGAF all bitching and no playing. I don't even get how they can talk about the game they never even play it.

Gui_PT said:
Any reason you chose to quote my post for that? :p I'd have loved to help you, but my Xbox is on the other side of town. I'd explain my domestic situation, but nobody would care. :lol

Gui_PT

Blue Ninja said:
Any reason you chose to quote my post for that? :p I'd have loved to help you, but my Xbox is on the other side of town. I'd explain my domestic situation, but nobody would care. :lol

Naw man, not directed at you at all

And as always, juices is right

Gui_PT said:
Naw man, not directed at you at all

And as always, juices is right
All right then. Next time you see me online, don't hesitate to send me an invite. I should join you, unless I'm playing Dragon Age II. :)

wwm0nkey said:
Man couldnt get one decent picture of a falcon with all the GAF shenanigans going on :(
I just decided to hijack the Falcon on Winter Contingency and perch it up on a tree. "The Falcon in its natural habitat", and all that. I think my e-mail got screwed up, though, so my chances of winning are slim to none.

Tawpgun

Well to be fair, we went into it without a plan. Only to make a plan here. We had a few ideas.

-Falcons waiting for Armor Lock
-Falcon with spartan army on top vs Banshee
-Flying Warthog vs Grounded Falcon
-Falcon Squad chasing after running, weaponless elite. (like that one Chopper screenshot from H3

And one idea from me I just though of...

Take a hemmorage or Paradiso, and replace the players with Falcons. You'd put weapons in their hands and make it look like they're fighting. Perhaps have blown up ones in the battle too.

Willeth

Devin Olsen said:
Right now, who is down to get on with Gui to take this screen-shot?

I am if others get on.
I can jump in on this. I might have to drill through a few folks' lists to get to you guys but I'm in if you're in.

Gui_PT

Devin Olsen said:
Right now, who is down to get on with Gui to take this screen-shot?

I am if others get on.

Schedule a time for tomorrow and decide on an idea or you won't get anything done.

GhaleonEB

Got my beta email as well, filled it out. Hype!

Crazy that we're signing up to beta test Bungie's Next Thing, and we don't even know what that is yet. Soon. (TM)

QxKR8.gif

Yay! :p
EDIT: "Fully registered", sounds so official. I wonder if I'll actually get to play anything, lol.

Speaking of Falcons, I was reminded of an awesome video Bry over at HBO made last November. He got a group of HBO'ers together for an epic excercise in formation flying. I was one of the pilots, the one lagging behind all the others around 4:20 or flying up top in the first formation. Those were some amazingly good times, right there.

In other news, still no e-mail. Bungie, I am disappoint.

Top Bottom