• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Oozer3993

I'm all signed up and official like as a Bungie Beta Tester. It feels good.

Dani said:
If I recall, they said they tweaked the jump height, base movement speed and grenade damage amount and or splash damage radius.

They also nerfed the recoil on the Pistol and added a few more shots per round on the DMR based on feedback from the Beta.

Armor Lock was changed from having up to 12 uses per recharge to 3 uses max.

wwm0nkey

Am I the only one who hates they tried to replace Active Camo and Over Shields with AA's? Then the on map versions of them are just balls....seriously.

160px-Overshield.png
150px-Active_Camoflage.jpg

KevinRo

Plywood said:
Any damage done to an opponent should be considered an Assist if you and another teammate were shooting the same opponent, one should get the kill the other should get the assist regardless of damage done because both teammates aided each other. Instead it is only if you do damage greater than or equal to 40%, that you get an assist.

not to mention, if you did take down their entire shields and after a couple seconds someone kills them you might not even get an assist because it 'took too long'

smh

Willeth

wwm0nkey said:
Am I the only one who hates they tried to replace Active Camo and Over Shields with AA's? Then the on map versions of them are just balls....seriously.

160px-Overshield.png
Those aren't balls, that's a cube and a pyramid. The ones in Halo 3 were actually balls, though, which is why you might be getting confused.

EDIT: srs post: If you want them to look like the Halo 3 ones, the custom powerups are spherical and you can just tweak them to have the same attributes.

wwm0nkey

Willeth said:
Those aren't balls, that's a cube and a pyramid. The ones in Halo 3 were actually balls, though, which is why you might be getting confused.
Thats what I mean I hate the stupid balls. Miss my cube :(

Blueblur1

wwm0nkey said:

160px-Overshield.png
I miss those old designs. Much more unique that two energy spheres. Well, there is one thing I don't like and that is the color makeover they gave the Overshield in Halo 2. It looked much more impressive with the red tone(s) it wore in Halo 1.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
wwm0nkey said:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100820210941/halo/images/thumb/1/1b/Overshield.png/160px-Overshield.png[IMG][IMG]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070309053121/halo/images/thumb/d/dd/Active_Camoflage.jpg/150px-Active_Camoflage.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

You are on a serious Halo 2 dick sucking campaign lol

So I got to the part in the Beta Tester Survey about which types of games I play, I hit next and now I get this:

You have already taken the survey Bungie Beta Tester Signup Survey v2 and cannot take it again.

:(

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
wwm0nkey said:
Hey they where in Halo 1. You can't even say you like what they did with the power ups in Halo 3 and Reach lol

True but you can't deny you've been posting constantly about how you think Halo 2 is better than every other Halo game. But I do agree, I like those better than the Halo 3 and Reach look.

Seems like it was first first served

"Well, you certainly did your worst! We had to kill the survey for the time being. Don't worry, we'll be back and you'll get another chance."

That's the new updated message

feel

Oh wtf Bungie!! Got the email, but only noticed right now and it's already late?? Why don't you send an amount of emails equal to the number of people that you are planning to let in instead of teasing so many others unnecessarily??

Toddler

Letters said:
Oh wtf Bungie!! Got the email, but only noticed right now and it's already late?? Why don't you send an amount of emails equal to the number of people that you are planning to let in instead of teasing so many others??
They're using emails with b.net profiles, some may have been abandoned, deleted, or in case some of those people don't check their inbox regularly.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So I got the beta tester email and then went to fill it out and get an error that says "you certainly did your worst.... youll get a chance to try again later."

Is it just an error, or are Bungie being total fucktards and not letting me fill it out because I waited too long. [33 minutes]

I see I'm not the only one. Dick move, Bungie. If you're going to spam my personal email, my "my cellphone goes off when you email this" account don't pull the link a half hour later. I finished dinner and immediately ran to my laptop and it was already over.

feel

Decided to click again and it's now working. But taking foreeeeeever to load each question, I have a feeling this will go offline again before I'm done.

edit- aaaaaand it's dead after a couple questions.. sigh

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Letters said:
Decided to click again and it's now working. But taking foreeeeeever to load each question, I have a feeling this will go offline again before I'm done.

edit- aaaaaand it's dead after a couple questions.. sigh
So it giving us this error because it is being hammered or because there are a limited number of slots. For some reason I care.

Jtwo said:
So it giving us this error because it is being hammered or because there are a limited number of slots. For some reason I care.

I assume because of error.

I opened the email and link as soon as I got the email and it already didn't work.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Oh ok. It was making me really angry thinking that they sent out 10,000 emails when there were only 1,000 slots available.

Tawpgun

It's because of an overload error. The new error message basically says we broke the servers or something. And theirs gonna be another chance sometime soon.

Whatever, as long as the email still works and such. Hopefully they address it in the news feed tommorow.

feel

I really need to go to bed now but...

f5f5f5f5

changing the number at the end of the url takes you to different pages for each type of error

Hi, I'm new! I've been following these Halo Reach threads since the very beginning, I just got accepted here. I've been a Bungie fan since Marathon first came out. I love Halo and I suck but I enjoy playing :)

Lazslo

Letters said:

f5f5f5f5

changing the number at the end of the url takes you to different pages for each type of error
What are waiting for? The Beta testing thing?

Tawpgun

<3 Bungie and all.

But when is the 343 beta testing email come out. Eh?

I want in early for the next Halo beta. They need to extend it to a month or over. Or have a beta period one month, and then another beta period after.

Kibbles

Steelyuhas said:
Just got a Bungie beta survey email. :)

When I clicked on the link I got this. :(
bungiebeta.png

Edit: ^^looks like other people are having the same issue.
Same here. I sent a very intimidating email to the listed email address. =p

Letters said:

f5f5f5f5

Um, I don't think they're going to be sending out Beta codes tonight...

Just wait until tomorrow when the servers aren't getting hammered. Relax.

Edit:
urk said:
The Bungie Beta Tester Survey is apparently in Pre-Alpha.
So you're confirming that the next game is not an MMO, but actually a browser-based surveying game? And we're already stress testing it?

*reviews GDC slides for joke references to surveys*

Top Bottom