• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

MrBig

A27_StarWolf said:
why not me :(

Can someone please tell me why I might not have gotten it? Or if something is incorrect? I know my email is validated.
My post was in reply to the falcon screenshot, but I haven't gotten the beta sign up and I subscribed to it before it was publicly announced

CyReN

Tashi0106 said:
Just got my Bungie Beta Program email. HYPE!

I just got it a little while too, just finished it now.

If you guys are still doing customs/games I'll be on tonight around 11est.

Arnie

I'm a fully registered Bungie Beta Tester it seems.

Wahoo.

I suspect all you who haven't got the email will get it in due course, they'll just be rolling the things out in frequent waves. If I got in then you guys will, there's nothing extraordinary about me.

I like this because I know I'll try my damned hardest to give some kickass feedback and help them make the best game possible, whereas if they just open the floodgates to Joe Public on Xbox Live then it becomes a glorified demo.

Willeth

So, beta survey: "Do you work in the games industry?"

Is this supposed to indicate development specifically for non-compete, or what? I'm a freelance writer/reviewer/"journalist" and not sure what I should be selecting. I would say no, but I'm wondering what the spirit and reasoning of the question is.

FourDoor

Whoo hooo!!! I got my Bungie Beta survey email too!

Who should I send an invite out for the HaloGAF Falcon challenge? I feel like playing for a little bit after getting that email.

Lazslo

I got one of those as well. Cool bro. That was the first online survey I filled out honestly, be honored Bungie.

MrBig

cuevas said:
I've been on bungie.net since Halo 2...
I wonder if that has anything to do with it. My original account is from way way back during Halo 1 I believe, before they introduced the live accounts, but I had to make a new Live ID back in 08 or 09.

e: nevermind, just showed up in my inbox now

Willeth

NullPointer said:
I honestly have no idea what the title even means. I guess I have been around for a while though, if that's it.
I got Exalted around the time I was in Favourites, but I'm fairly sure that's a coincidence. There's a thread on bnet about what each thing means - pretty sure that Exalted is for time, and Heroic is for post frequency, though.

blamite

wwm0nkey said:
Still no beta email D:

Guessing it is a pick a name from the hat system :(
Same here. >.> Man, i really hope I can get in this thing, especially considering there likely won't be any Crackdown 3 method to let me buy my way in. >.>

Urk, are there any more waves coming? Should I still have hope?

Willeth said:
I got Exalted around the time I was in Favourites, but I'm fairly sure that's a coincidence. There's a thread on bnet about what each thing means - pretty sure that Exalted is for time, and Heroic is for post frequency, though.
Post frequency? On Bungie.net? Can't be. I may have all of five posts, if that.

I'm just going to pretend its for all my solo legendary stuff (except for Halo 3, damn you Cortana level!)

I never got the invite but then again I think I've stopped caring....

I can play hours of the beta write a 25 page analysis and nothing gets done. Final product still has the same problems...

If you want to have a real beta do it back when you still have time to actually go way back in and rebuild the shit to desire. The Beta Reach was basically a fucking load handling test. Nothing got fixed. Some headshot bug that never really even felt different.

Plus I want to make that shi.

blamite

blamite said:
Same here. >.> Man, i really hope I can get in this thing, especially considering there likely won't be any Crackdown 3 method to let me buy my way in. >.>

Urk, are there any more waves coming? Should I still have hope?
And just minutes after posting this, I get my email! :D Thanks Bungie!

Anyone else happen to notice that the ViDoc had some original music? Like, not opinion-wise, as in some stuff that literally hasn't appeared in a Halo game before. There were only two tracks as far as I can tell, and both were orchestral reprises (albeit of already orchestral tracks), but you should be able to hear them if you listen close enough.

blamite

Zee-V70 said:
Anyone else happen to notice that the ViDoc had some original music? Like, not opinion-wise, as in some stuff that literally hasn't appeared in a Halo game before. There were only two tracks as far as I can tell, and both were orchestral reprises (albeit of already orchestral tracks), but you should be able to hear them if you listen close enough.
I'm almost positive they were from the Halo Legends OST. I don't know the names of the tracks, but they definitely sounded familiar.
Amazon Link

Willeth

xxjuicesxx said:
I never got the invite but then again I think I've stopped caring....

I can play hours of the beta write a 25 page analysis and nothing gets done. Final product still has the same problems...

If you want to have a real beta do it back when you still have time to actually go way back in and rebuild the shit to desire. The Beta Reach was basically a fucking load handling test. Nothing got fixed. Some headshot bug that never really even felt different.

Plus I want to make that shi.
Nothing I mentioned got changed, therefore nothing got changed!

blamite said:
I'm almost positive they were from the Halo Legends OST. I don't know the names of the tracks, but they definitely sounded familiar.
Amazon Link

No, I know that some of them were. An opening portion of Sacred Icon Suite 2 (also used in the initial Defiant trailer) was one in particular. There were at least two tracks that weren't a part of it.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Devin Olsen said:
Nothing the COMMUNITY mentioned got changed.

except jump height

If I recall, they said they tweaked the jump height, base movement speed and grenade damage amount and or splash damage radius.

They also nerfed the recoil on the Pistol and added a few more shots per round on the DMR based on feedback from the Beta.

Havok

Congrats to the new beta-ers, I signed up late so I doubt I'll get one. It's very strange to think that the Defiant pack is only a week away, it seems like a short time between announcement and ship, although it's likely in line with previous DLC. Very excited for new Firefight space!

Tunavi

Banned
Account Attempt #4 said:
QxKR8.gif

Yay! :p
EDIT: "Fully registered", sounds so official. I wonder if I'll actually get to play anything, lol.

:(
I feel like I'm waiting to get into NeoGAF all over again

Willeth

Dani said:
If I recall, they said they tweaked the jump height, base movement speed and grenade damage amount and or splash damage radius.

They also nerfed the recoil on the Pistol and added a few more shots per round on the DMR based on feedback from the Beta.
Yeah. Nothing the community mentioned got changed, except everything they changed based on the results of the beta that they put out to get feedback and metrics from the community.

A bit jealous but congrats to everyone who received their emails. Have fun discovering those glitches for that upcoming MMO
one can still dream lol ;-)

Willeth said:
Yeah. Nothing the community mentioned got changed, except everything they changed based on the results of the beta that they put out to get feedback and metrics from the community.

Nah not really. You don't KNOW thats what they set out to get information on thats just what people vocalized the most. I however vocalized 25 pages worth of shit and nothing really worth fixing got fixed. In fact I loved a lot of the things they fixed (nade damage and radius blast made the game very tactical compared to what it is now) But cmon...assists still broke as shit, that ain't getting fixed ever. So much stuff. Did you read my thinger?

Anyways I have a new thinger coming out soon. Itsa good one.

xxjuicesxx said:
Nah not really. You don't KNOW thats what they set out to get information on thats just what people vocalized the most. I however vocalized 25 pages worth of shit and nothing really worth fixing got fixed. In fact I loved a lot of the things they fixed (nade damage and radius blast made the game very tactical compared to what it is now) But cmon...assists still broke as shit, that ain't getting fixed ever. So much stuff. Did you read my thinger?

how are assists broken

So in the Behind the Scenes vid, they mention that the downed Pelican was carrying Spartan IIs... I wonder if there will be any eggs like the radios talking about Red Team.

Willeth

xxjuicesxx said:

Assists are still broken, sure. So is that weird camo bug, sometimes - I know they said they fixed it in a podcast but I've had it happen to me since (although I think only in Invasion Slayer with a guest).

But there are far more things that are just as legitimate fixes that came from the beta that no-one was vocal about. The placement of the sniper on Sword Base, for example, and the switching of the plasma launcher to the concussion rifle. Placement of hills. Few people mentioned it, but from the amount of stats that Bungie pulled, they can see heatmaps and usage metrics that supersede "Armor Lock is bullshit." It's more "this is how people are dying unusually often and how. This means we need to fix this and that."

EDIT: The thing is, you think nothing of worth was fixed because it's not an issue any more. It's not like every fix was trivial. If grenades were still the same, you'd still be complaining.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
A27_StarWolf said:
how are assists broken
Any damage done to an opponent should be considered an Assist if you and another teammate were shooting the same opponent, one should get the kill the other should get the assist regardless of damage done because both teammates aided each other. Instead it is only if you do damage greater than or equal to 40%, that you get an assist.

Top Bottom