• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Lazslo

Gui_PT said:
Thanks. And thanks to everyone else.

I'll try to take pics of my desk tomorrow.
What job did you get? I just got a new job too; so lucky in this Job-climate. Today I networked at the water cooler for the first time, epic.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Lazslo said:
What job did you get? I just got a new job too; so lucky in this Job-climate. Today I networked at the water cooler for the first time, epic.
Hahaha, awesome. Congrats man.

Also, plywood, it was a joke you noob. :p

Untracked

Just watched the 343 Defiant Video, it convinced me to give this game another shot. Amazing stuff, truly beautiful maps! It reminded me of the Halo I fell in love with.
It's such a shame my absolute love for Halo is overshadowed by AA Rage, I've tried so hard to enjoy Reach multiplayer but it just doesn't seem to happen :(
After watching the video I have total faith that 343 can turn Halo (4?) multiplayer into something I can enjoy playing again.

I'll pick up these maps for Firefight asap.
Hats off to everyone involved, awesome work!

Would you guys hate me if I said that trolling with Armor Lock is actually kinda fun? I know it's super cheap and all that, but just once and a while I like to use Armor Lock to just make some dudes pissed.

Oh and for the record, I will never use Armor Lock in GAF Customs, but I imagine it was banned long ago. :lol

KevinRo

-Yeti said:
Would you guys hate me if I said that trolling with Armor Lock is actually kinda fun? I know it's super cheap and all that, but just once and a while I like to use Armor Lock to just make some dudes pissed.

Oh and for the record, I will never use Armor Lock in GAF Customs, but I'd imagine it was banned long ago. :lol

Not with Juices, he's an armourlockhero

Crucio

Decom said:
Interestingly, if you play multi-team, it always counts as a win on the website, even when you lose.

Unfortunately that "Win" doesn't apply in stats such as Halowaypoint. Only a full blue bar on Bnet truly counts as a win.

-Yeti said:

Oh and for the record, I will never use Armor Lock in GAF Customs, but I imagine it was banned long ago. :lol
If I'm tired and I want to play ez mode sometimes I'll roll with Armor Lock. Being part of the problem is fun sometimes.

Surprisingly, GAF customs seem to almost always consist of default loadouts. It's pretty confusing.

-Yeti said:

I say: It's in the game, might as well use it. :lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
Hahaha, awesome. Congrats man.

Also, plywood, it was a joke you noob. :p
Ah okay. x=X
Decom said:
Interestingly, if you play multi-team, it always counts as a win on the website, even when you lose.
Except none of those games were multi-team though.

My code must have been lost in transit. PM delivery is a complex system. Anyways I got some running around to do but in an hour or so I'll be on all night, get at me HaloGAF.

Blue Ninja said:
I say: It's in the game, might as well use it. :lol

That's pretty much how I see it, but of course if I'm playing Customs and the guys there don't like it, I won't use it.

I remember playing some GAF Customs a little after Reach was released and someone had replaced the AA loadout with this ridiculous loadout with a jetpack, gravity hammer, and I think a plasma pistol as secondary. :lol I forgot what it was called though.

xxjuicesxx said:
My code must have been lost in transit. PM delivery is a complex system.
Blasted lazy mailmen. I actually got my hopes up when I saw I'd gotten a PM, but it was Hypertrooper inadvertedly trolling me. :lol

Also, it's slightly disturbing seeing Frankie sign a dude's chest every time I open up the page.

Willeth

I was going to nose around for a code, but then I remembered I was one of the lucky ones for Noble and decided I should probably just buy it, heh.

Amazed that these are going out so early, though.

LosDaddie

Banned
I'll be in about 30min for whatever....customs, regular MM or firefight...until about 11pm EDT. Send me an invite/message if you want to join or post here. I'll check the thread before hopping online.

GhaleonEB said:
I'm down for custom Firefight on Unearthed tonight after 8:00 PST.

oh that's real funny....

MrBig

LosDaddie said:
oh that's real funny....
Hulk_walkfoward.gif

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
Wanna see if we can get a Highlands CTF game going tonight if you're interested.
Maybe. Haven't been in a MP frame of mind lately but I might be up for some BTB to mess around. First dude to armor lock or snipe me and I'm out though.
Just kidding. Partly.

Glad to see HaloGaf happy again.

I had the joy of playing Reach with Zeouterlimits for th first time in too long tonight. Played Invasion Skirmish on Boardwalk and I bagged myself a broseidon too (do they display the actual number of times people spawned on you?)!

Nice to see some rain. Plenty of deserving folks are happy. Me and my bro are probably going to have to buy it each. We normally buy the one cuz we play splitscreen but me living 200km hinders that slightly. I'll happily fork over some monies over the weekend and get the Noble and Defiant packs for my slim. Look forward to joining you all Monday evening.

Gui, srsly, awesome news!

Something something Friday something feel good something.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
GhaleonEB said:
Maybe. Haven't been in a MP frame of mind lately but I might be up for some BTB to mess around. First dude to armor lock or snipe me and I'm out though.
Just kidding. Partly.
Well let me get the sniper then, I wanna see how fast I can make you quit out. :p

A27 Tawpgun said:
They need to start making DLC mandatory on some playlists. The only people playing Halo anymore are the fans so...

I believe they said they won't be doing that for Reach (at least for the core playlists) because they felt that was wrong to shut people out in H3. That's why they introduced a matchmaking algorithm that was going to match you up with people that had the same DLC as you do. Unfortunately, that algorithm does not work, and so people are sadly not rewarded for buying DLC.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Steelyuhas said:
I believe they said they won't be doing that for Reach (at least for the core playlists) because they felt that was wrong to shut people out in H3. That's why they introduced a matchmaking algorithm that was going to match you up with people that had the same DLC as you do. Unfortunately, that algorithm does not work, and so people are sadly not rewarded for buying DLC.
It definitely works better for smaller playlist than for larger, because I have Anchor 09 pop up often in Doubles and every now and then in Team Slayer for example.

GhaleonEB said:
I'm down for custom Firefight on Unearthed tonight after 8:00 PST.

I'd so be down for that if I had the maps. I hope Unearthed is like that one FF map in ODST. I forget what it was called but it was huuuuge and full of vehicles. During the first week of ODST, some buddies of mine played that one stage on legendary for 4 hours straight. We literally had a blast.

Havok

Plywood said:
It definitely works better for smaller playlist than for larger, because I have Anchor 09 pop up often in Doubles and every now and then in Team Slayer for example.
Same experience here in my limited Doubles sessions. I guess when you think about it, matching up 8-16 people who are currently looking for matches, and are in your skill range, and have purchased the maps, it makes sense that its difficult to make that line up very often. In the same way that thinking about how network code must look behind the scenes, its really daunting to try and figure out how complex that stuff is.

Tom Achronos
Bungie.net Overlord
blog: http://www.achronos.net
twitter: http://twitter.com/Achronos

"I have no words that would do justice to the atrocities you commit to the English language, as well as your continued assaults on the concepts of basic literacy and logical reasoning."

I don't know about that. Looks like the banhammer got you just fine.

Posted by: supers0ak
Again, not true *sigh*. I don't see why you have so much faith in the banhammer. It's not as good as you think XD. You'll never get the satisfaction of seeing me banned.

[Edited on 03.10.2011 1:04 PM PST]

This post made my day on the BNET forums.

Glad to see the new maps are looking good!

I'll have to try and see if I can get some cash together for some Microsoft points to pick these up next week.

BTW, Is anyone from Bungie going to PAX? I'd bring my copy of Reach to get it signed if Bungie peeps are going to be there.

Karl2177

I'm getting on for a a little while. Too bad you guys are too defiant for me... Bad pun intended.

GT: Karl2177

EDIT: Not quite the worst time to get RRoD, but close to.

Crucio

That guy taunted the banhammer and got owned. He did full party boosting with guests.
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=57596626&postRepeater1-p=2#57605017 Unbelievably he posted his OWN game with cheating in it to show that he was invincible. Funny stuff.
A27_StarWolf said:
This post made my day on the BNET forums.
It was definitely epic.

Here's another great one from today:

Posted by: urk

Posted by: Stealth Fox74
bungie will NEVER read their forums. dont see y ppl even try to post this crap. just look at the reach forum. they didnt change anything.

FACT

Top Bottom