• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Dani said:
It's nice to see the ban hammer in action. Delicious.

You are aware the banhammer didn't catch him? Thats what he SHOWED on B.net. He was banned because hes an idiot who posted himself cheating...

Banhammer sucks, it can't even get idlers outta FF.

Crucio

xxjuicesxx said:
You are aware the banhammer didn't catch him? Thats what he SHOWED on B.net. He was banned because hes an idiot who posted himself cheating...

Banhammer sucks, it can't even get idlers outta FF.

I regularly send videos of Idling spots to Achronos, just to make sure SOMEONE knows about it. Some hiding spots are just stupid, and should not be accessible.

I feel so left out. ='( I wish we could get some pics or teases. Haha have fun guys.

Oh, btw off-topic, but I just got back from seeing Battle LA. Fun movie. The tone it sets at times really reminded me of the bigger picture in Halo. I really hope future titles can capture that desperation.

Crucio said:
I regularly send videos of Idling spots to Achronos, just to make sure SOMEONE knows about it. Some hiding spots are just stupid, and should not be accessible.

I agree. Furthermore, this game has been become complex enough where there should be a physical person actually deciding whether or not cheating is going on, fixing map barriers, and forcing certain settings in certain gametypes. Dealing out a reasonable punishment. A sort of internet Jerome.

I don't know how much they made making the damn game but I'm sure they can spot that. 40 hours a week and a public forum players know to post suspicious behavior is enough to blast out most cheaters after a month or so. Hell you really wouldn't even need a banhammer.

All this talk about wanting/getting free codes is pretty fun to read through. Call me crazy, but I'm actually knid of excited to spend my money on the first map pack from CA/343, because it looks soooo goooood.

Crucio

xxjuicesxx said:
I agree. Furthermore, this game has been become complex enough where there should be a physical person actually deciding whether or not cheating is going on, fixing map barriers, and forcing certain settings in certain gametypes. Dealing out a reasonable punishment. A sort of internet Jerome.

I don't know how much they made making the damn game but I'm sure they can spot that. 40 hours a week and a public forum players know to post suspicious behavior is enough to blast out most cheaters after a month or so. Hell you really wouldn't even need a banhammer.
Yeah! Like mystery shoppers. If you play with him and you clearly use an exploit or repeatedly idle or cheat then BAM! Report the guy and have HIGHCOM audit it.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Demoncarnotaur said:
I feel so left out. ='( I wish we could get some pics or teases. Haha have fun guys.

Oh, btw off-topic, but I just got back from seeing Battle LA. Fun movie. The tone it sets at times really reminded me of the bigger picture in Halo. I really hope future titles can capture that desperation.

Awesome, did you thoroughly enjoy it? I'm going to see it this Saturday. I'm hoping the movie is just as epic and serious as the trailers.

-Yeti said:
Is it possible to at least name your guy's favorite maps? I just want to see which map you guys prefer. :p

I said this when I got back from the SF GDC party and it still holds up now that I have the maps in hand: Condemned, although I'm still waiting to get some 6v6 or 8v8 Highlands games in.

FourDoor

Wow, that was a lot of code begging in the past few pages.

How evil would it be to PM everyone just to say HI!?!?!?

i keeed. I'd never do that to Juniors.

Well maybe any excemption to Letters with a Motel address and room number to meet. ;)

Kuroyume

Banned
I hope all this stuff about FF and idlers sends a message to 343 that most eople only play FF to get cR. Probably would be a good idea to focus on multiplayer. Haven't seen much idling in multiplayer like in the past games.

Kuroyume said:
I hope all this stuff about FF and idlers sends a message to 343 that most eople only play FF to get cR. Probably would be a good idea to focus on multiplayer. Haven't seen much idling in multiplayer like in the past games.

Alotta people play FF for fun, I like to do the challenges and try any new modes.

They just need to not reward game time and reward performance. Sorry if you're bad, you can either get better or play more...its like EXP in 3 you only got a point if you won...If that would have bought armor like in Reach it would have been a pretty damn good system. You can't idle to win.

Thats my patchfix.

Ramirez

I've been out of town the past couple days having fun, try to join this custom lobby when I log on, and I fail to load content. Check the map, "unknown"...

*foreveralone.jpg*

ElRenoRaven

FourDoor said:
Wow, that was a lot of code begging in the past few pages.

How evil would it be to PM everyone just to say HI!?!?!?

i keeed. I'd never do that to Juniors.

Well maybe any excemption to Letters with a Motel address and room number to meet. ;)

If you ask me the massive amounts of code begging is kind of sad really.

feel

Ramirez said:
I've been out of town the past couple days having fun, try to join this custom lobby when I log on, and I fail to load content. Check the map, "unknown"...

*foreveralone.jpg*
210kqgy.jpg

someone get this man a code

Flipyap

Kuroyume said:
That doesn't seem to be the case in Europe (either that, or I've been really lucky). I only got into games with idlers on the first day, when the current Firefight Limited playlist popped up, and ran into my first suicider only yesterday.

Still, releasing a mixed mode map pack was a bad move. I rarely play multiplayer, so to me it might as well be 800 points for one map.

GhaleonEB

xxjuicesxx said:
Alotta people play FF for fun, I like to do the challenges and try any new modes.

They just need to not reward game time and reward performance. Sorry if you're bad, you can either get better or play more...its like EXP in 3 you only got a point if you won...If that would have bought armor like in Reach it would have been a pretty damn good system. You can't idle to win.

Thats my patchfix.
I agree. I've always thought the 'game complete' versus 'performance bonus' were flipped. You don't want to reward people for just finishing, you want reward them fro playing. As is, a very large bulk of cR - usually most - are earned just for finishing the game, including the slot machine. While a winning team will get like a 10% topper. I'd rather 'performance' be a measure of how much you did. And add a smaller bonus for finishing. In Firefight, it should be flipped even further, so as to discourage idlers.

I know they can adjust these kinds of things; the game complete bonus is 25% normal in Score Attack compared to regular Firefight and MP. And that was an adjustment made after the first month or two, because Gruntpocalypse was rewarding too many cR. Now most of the credits come from killing the little guys.

Domino Theory said:
Awesome, did you thoroughly enjoy it? I'm going to see it this Saturday. I'm hoping the movie is just as epic and serious as the trailers.

I, and my whole group liked it. And the theater clapped. Honestly, it was a lot better than I expected. It had its moments, but it was a lot of fun.

Ramirez

Demoncarnotaur said:
I, and my whole group liked it. And the theater clapped. Honestly, it was a lot better than I expected. It had its moments, but it was a lot of fun.

I've never been to a movie where the audience clapped...seems so strange to me.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
I've never been to a movie where the audience clapped...seems so strange to me.

The theater clapped for Samuel L Jackson. "I've had it with these motha fuckin snakes on this motha fuckin plane!!!" Pretty funny lol

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Devin Olsen said:
Thirteen Shot Killa

Loving the feel of the classic gametypes, really brings back the flow of Halo: CE

Edit: lol Dani that's what you get. ;)

I set the damage to 50% instead of 110% by mistake. Hah!

Dani said:
Anyone got a spare 48 hour LIVE code? My Live just ranout and I'm a few hours away from the shops opening. =/
Just renew through the dash?

GG's tonight guys... Classic Settings make the game a blast! I cannot wait for the classic playlist.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Good games guys. Maps are definitely fun but I started to get REAAAAAAL bored at the end there. LOL. Good stuff though.

Plywood said:
I've got one, pming you now.

GG to Ram and Juices, fun games.

Yea, I can't believe we lost one! good thing we got revenge the next game though. I think I need two more days in the Arena, you and shadow gotta help me, maybe youll get moved up GOLD

Top Bottom