• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

MrBig said:
Ugh, they could have done so much more with H2 and taken the series in a whole new direction. Reading about exploring rooftops and and the inside of buildings is my fondest memory from the previews. Still the best in the series IMO.

Cmon Sniper Alley was awesome. That whole level was sex.

Cairo Station was sick too! probably the greatest internal level only Crows Nest competes at a level like that.

Crows Nest encounters were supreme. Good mission design there.

MrBig said:
Ugh, they could have done so much more with H2 and taken the series in a whole new direction. Reading about exploring rooftops and and the inside of buildings is my fondest memory from the previews. Still the best in the series IMO.

I can think of many levels where I explored rooftops and insides of buildings that you weren't supposed to reach through standard playthroughs. Grenades+ crouch jumps were my best friend. There was actually some stuff to find. Anyone remember the scarab gun, soccer ball, and water wall?

I remember those days.. Ah, I miss the feel of Halo 2 sort of. And I really loved the scope of its campaign. It just pushed more surprises IMO.

I would love some Reach multiplayer maps that are based off Halo 2 localities. Seeing some of the areas updated would be awesome.

MrBig

Barrel Cannon said:
I can think of many levels where I explored rooftops and insides of buildings that you weren't supposed to reach through standard playthroughs. Grenades+ crouch jumps were my best friend. There was actually some stuff to find. Anyone remember the scarab gun, soccer ball, and water wall?
Oh yes there was that but they entirely cut out New Mombasa, which was what I was referring to. Large, sprawling, interesting areas, not condensed, boring, brown buildings with no detail.

O D I N

Ramirez said:
Sorry bout that guys, my son was having a night terror. At least I didn't have to leave mid game. :p

Man, those suck. Is he all right?

I don't have any kids, but according to my wife, I have them constantly, so I can relate.

Reflection still sucks and needs to be removed from Arena. Its just so situational. Lets see who can nade the top better! Fuckin terrible map.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
So apparently you can't have fixed drop-capture areas for Headhunter in Custom games. I tried to set up a variant with two fixed areas and instead the game engine activates all the areas on the map at once. This is true for all the maps, disc and both DLC.

Suppose the only way to fix this would be to modify the areas using Forge.

Although I think it worked out for the best with an experimental Headhunter variant, SWAT Headhunter Pro Xtreme.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
HiredN00bs said:
Hey guys, did you know that the Defiant Map Pack is the final map pack for Halo: Reach? I read it on the internet:

http://www.platformnation.com/2011/03/09/a-behind-the-scenes-look-at-final-halo-reach-map-pack/

Author: Daniel Horowitz (HavenDan)
Daniel Horowitz is currently a Writing/Film student at Sarah Lawrence College despite having little technical knowledge. In fact, he is still trying to learn how to work the copy machine. Daniel likes to think of himself as a weird combination of Captain America and Hunter S Thompson.

Lulz

Lazslo

HiredN00bs said:
Hey guys, did you know that the Defiant Map Pack is the final map pack for Halo: Reach? I read it on the internet:

http://www.platformnation.com/2011/03/09/a-behind-the-scenes-look-at-final-halo-reach-map-pack/
Hmmm- I'm sure they will pump out one more unless a new tile within the Halo IP is being released next fall. I doubt this will be the last DLC because if it would they would of spread it this map pack out a little bit more to the summer (Never forgot the Mythic DLC, seeing Purple Rain a year before it came out) However things aren't the same as they were for Halo 2 and 3 so it's very possible this is true.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Lazslo said:
Hmmm- I'm sure they will pump out one more unless a new tile within the Halo IP is being released next fall. I doubt this will be the last DLC because if it would they would of spread it this map pack out a little bit more to the summer (Never forgot the Mythic DLC, seeing Purple Rain a year before it came out) However things aren't the same as they were for Halo 2 and 3 so it's very possible this is true.

Whilst it possible for Defiant to be the last DLC for Reach, it hasn't be confirmed by Bungie, 343i or Microsoft in any form or fashion. That article is simply misreporting very simple facts. Doubt the reporter was paying any attention when he busy copying and pasting Youtube comments.

Hey You

That dude hasn't even read the thing properly.

Bungie is still managing the playlists and will be having contests.
343i will eventually take over Reach and the Franchise.

How hard is that to understand?

Ramirez

Dani said:
Wow, really quiet for a Friday night even with new maps.

Well, even on Halo 3 when people would get the maps early, everyone usually wanted to play them in MM after the first night or two of customs, heh.

Dani said:

Theres only like a few people with the new maps. they didn't give them to everyone. N theres only 2 maps that are MP ones just FF.

WTF I've been zombie 7 rounds in arow!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Ramirez said:
Well, even on Halo 3 when people would get the maps early, everyone usually wanted to play them in MM after the first night or two of customs, heh.

Understandable. However I'm not looking forward to seeing the maps tainted with Armour Lock and Jet Packing, heh. =s

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
To be fair, we can't really say anything about them as yet. I have a lot of stuff I'd like to say about Unearthed, but that time hasn't yet come. It is gud, though. Some deceptive, smart design decisions in there.

And oh how I wish it had a normal Warthog on it. But I knew that before playing it.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GhaleonEB said:
To be fair, we can't really say anything about them as yet. I have a lot of stuff I'd like to say about Unearthed, but that time hasn't yet come. It is gud, though. Some deceptive, smart design decisions in there.

And oh how I wish it had a normal Warthog on it. But I knew that before playing it.

My comment wasn't specifically regarding map activity, just activity in general. I received quite a few Halo 3 invites today too. Very odd day really. And that Headhunter bug is still annoying me. I want to give that gametype some love but it just hates itself too much.

Also, Sunday can't come soon enough.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
My comment wasn't specifically regarding map activity, just activity in general. I received quite a few Halo 3 invites today too. Very odd day really. And that Headhunter bug is still annoying me. I want to give that gametype some love but it just hates itself too much.

Also, Sunday can't come soon enough.
The calm before the storm. Or something.

I'm going to rework a Grifball court into something (hopefully) interesting for customs. With apologies in advance to Nokyard.

NOKYARD

GhaleonEB said:
The calm before the storm. Or something.

I'm going to rework a Grifball court into something (hopefully) interesting for customs. With apologies in advance to Nokyard.
Go ahead. Which one?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I would play some Defiant right now but honestly I've played a bunch today and I'm pretty sleep lol. Hmmmmm if a large enough Defiant party forms maybe I'll hop on so I can try to get that Overkill I want for the Montage.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
nIfgq.png

he mad

KevinRo

Dani said:
I have found a trick to make co-op LASO runs on Nightfall a piece of cake.

Yeah, you can literally run by everyone. If you jump up on the rocks in the ravine and read that information log the AI will get stuck in a spot and you can run by the entire map without any enemies. Good stuff.

Hey You

Kuroyume

Banned
So the classic playlist isn't up yet because I turned on the 360 and couldn't find it anywhere. Played some BTB, objective, and Multi Team and could only sit through one game. Not sure what happened but I've gone from liking the game to hating it. =/ Seriously want the classic playlist to come not that it will help with bloom.

wwm0nkey

Kuroyume said:
So the classic playlist isn't up yet because I turned on the 360 and couldn't find it anywhere. Played some BTB, objective, and Multi Team and could only sit through one game. Not sure what happened but I've gone from liking the game to hating it. =/ Seriously want the classic playlist to come not that it will help with bloom.
Actually classic settings make it less annoying.

Plywood said:

He does have a point with he gamertag though haha.

No assault on Highlands :(

Bungie seems to have an odd idea of what gametypes are fun in Big Team.

Urk, what is this "Uplink" variant of Condemned??

Top Bottom