• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

NOKYARD

Devin Olsen said:
I don't get it?
I didn't either.

A 25 digit code, that is.

Not that it matters.
I have been lucky to have gotten in early for everything since they started giving away early access so missing one is no big deal. Besides, i have to get caught up on some forging, and Cody's been on my back about important upgrades for HSH.
Early Defiant would only prove to be an excellent source of procrastination.

Kibbles

Mizzou Gaming said:
Waypoint appears to be Tweeting Defiant Codes just in case someone is interested. Not sure if anymore are coming though.
I'm F5ing the crap out of it right now. Gonna go to bed in like 10min though.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Mizzou Gaming said:
Waypoint appears to be Tweeting Defiant Codes just in case someone is interested. Not sure if anymore are coming though.
Of course they would when I'm not mashing F5. :[

Nutter

Dug said:
Have those even been revealed yet?

Yes they have.

Candy from a baby - 75g
Crackin Skulls - 45g
Return to Sender - 30g

And they are not tied to Defiant either, meaning you can get them in any matchmade game.

GhaleonEB

Unearthed is a heck of a map. Though, there are some rough technical edges, one of which is similar to one that required an update to the last maps CA made in a Halo game.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GhaleonEB said:
Unearthed is a heck of a map. Though, there are some rough technical edges, one of which is similar to one that required an update to the last maps CA made in a Halo game.

I've had the most Hog fun I've ever had with Reach on that map tonight. So good.

Had an awesome moment on Tempest yesterday where I detonated an opponents grenade mere miliseconds after he threw it, killing him in spectacular fashion. The feeling of awe as it happened and reviewing it with much scrutiny in Theater afterwards is a fantastic Halo feeling.

On Breakpoint a while later we were getting bombarded by Banshees all the time. I made my way down to the sniper and managed to one shot a banshee after the dude took off. Thanks to Theater I discovered he spent the entire time, along with a few teammates, literally camping the banshee spawn areas. Rather hilariously they started trying to betray each other so only one would be there when it spawned and as it happened, just before my sniper shot, the dude took an encouraging slap on the back by his 'mate' before he got in to pilot it... with no shields... and 1 bar of health... :p

I love Theater... and yet... max party: 1 :(

Havok

Dani said:
About 8 hours of Halo today. I'm pooped.
I spent close to that amount forging just now, and it about killed me (also, the game not being able to access the local copy of the map about gave me a literal heart attack). Gotta be honest, seeing the very positive tone of all the posters that have played the maps is really reassuring. Can't wait for more detailed impressions.

Havok said:
Gotta be honest, seeing the very positive tone of all the posters is really reassuring.
Just tweaked that for this thread for the last few days for me. I especially have enjoyed the critiques regarding the Classic playlist. No rage yet :p Just some serious gameplay discussions.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I seriously feel that Evade for Spartans is broken easily exploitable and cheap.

edit: This guessing game for the map codes on Waypoint is challenging.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hydranockz said:
How does it differ to evade for elites? They move faster so doesn't evade propel them greater distances?
Can't really say since Elites' only presence is either Elite Slayer in Multiteam(not sure if that is still there) and Invasion. So since it's not in other playlist it's not as prevalent or noticeable, also I should note that Invasion maps are large, open and wide where as Spartans evading around a bunch of tight corners is an entirely different situation.
Blue Ninja said:
I bet it's already gone.
Yeah I'm not even going to bother anymore.

Flipyap

Plywood said:
edit: This guessing game for the map codes on Waypoint is challenging.
The Redeem Code page on xbox.com isn't even loading for me. Not that it changes anything, because those codes always get used freakishly fast.

EDIT: I can't read. Haven't even noticed that these codes have MULTIPLE question marks. Wow.

That's the worst way to give away codes. Huge waste of time for the unlucky majority.

darthbob

GhaleonEB said:

The weird invisible walls on Tombstone?

Flipyap said:
The Redeem Code page on xbox.com isn't even loading for me. Not that it changes anything, because those codes always get used freakishly fast.

EDIT: I can't read. Haven't even noticed that these codes have MULTIPLE question marks. Wow.

That's the worst way to give away codes. Huge waste of time for the unlucky majority.
You made that cute Halo pic? Why don't you send it to BS Angel? It is sooo cuuuuttteeeee. You're the mind behind NerdForceOne. You're the creative source of twitter-

Plywood said:
I seriously feel that Evade for Spartans is broken easily exploitable and cheap.
Yeah, I don't like it. I don't mind it as an Elite specific ability, but seeing a Spartan perform the same animation looks wrong to me. I don't know if it's the animation itself - the extended nature of which looks kind of ridiculous - but it's a hassle to deal with and I wouldn't object if it was dropped from the next game. Then again, I could say that about a lot of armour abilities.

Flipyap

Hypertrooper said:
You made that cute Halo pic? Why don't you send it to BS Angel? It is sooo cuuuuttteeeee. You're the mind behind NerdForceOne. You're the creative source of twitter-
Are you hitting on me? ;) Besides, I've caused worse memes in my time.

And yeah, that was mine:
7Jwh7.jpg

I've got a copy of Batman Arkham Asylum(360) or GTA Episodes from Liberty City(360) or Burnout Paradise(PS3) for anyone that has an extra code. I'm going to be out of town the next two weeks so I'm desperately trying to secure a code. I don't have shit to do today or tomorrow either which makes me even more desperate. Thanks either way.

Gui_PT

Will you guys get some Defiant customs going on today?

Sorry, I'm totally out of the loop. Can't long into Gaf on my work computer.

MrBig

Blue Ninja said:
That, and there's just so much hit-and miss involved with getting three digits right. Even if you get one of them right, you won't know it.
I got it right on my first try (the combination is more obvious than you think) but it was taken since I wasn't F5ing for it. 7 minutes late.

O D I N

MrBig said:
I got it right on my first try (the combination is more obvious than you think) but it was taken since I wasn't F5ing for it. 7 minutes late.

ARGH! I'm full of failure. :< I keep failing. After 8 tries, I gave up on one code, F5, try another. Rinse and repeat. @__@

Gui_PT said:
Will you guys get some Defiant customs going on today?

Sorry, I'm totally out of the loop. Can't long into Gaf on my work computer.
I hope so. Didn't get any games in with anyone yesterday. Filled up too quickly.

Dax01 said:
I hope so. Didn't get any games in with anyone yesterday. Filled up too quickly.
I hope so too!

@Odin: Change your avatar ;) The sizes arent right. Wow shit. I meant the Defy The Covie ava. :) Stupid avatar changes

wwm0nkey

Damn that Halo: Faith movie is getting Steve Downs (Master Chief) and Anthony Ingruber (made props and ect for AVATAR)

EDIT: Oh and if any of you want to make a poster for them they are having a contest on their Facebook page

MrBig said:

I assumed it would be 343, when I get code invalid I gave up. I dont have enough time to try every combination of 3 random letters and numbers. :eek:

What was the code out of interest?

O D I N

Hypertrooper said:
I hope so too!

@Odin: Change your avatar ;) The sizes arent right. Wow shit. I meant the Defy The Covie ava. :) Stupid avatar changes

Thought the page/site resizes automatically? :-/

I'll go back and resize them so they work.

MrBig

bobs99 ... said:
I assumed it would be 343, when I get code invalid I gave up. I dont have enough time to try every combination of 3 random letters and numbers. :eek:

What was the code out of interest?
Well the one for the one I tried just happened to be 343. They're not all like that. I waited for the next one to show, copy pasta the second after it did (it shows up automatically if you're logged in) and couldn't figure out, then gave up knowing for a fact that someone would have some automatic system set up to grab it and enter in combinations.

O D I N said:
Thought the page/site resizes automatically? :-/

I'll go back and resize them so they work.
They resize it to 90px wide automatically, which results in bad stretching if it isn't made to be 90px. If it's over 120px in height it won't resize and you'll get in trouble.

O D I N

MrBig said:
Well the one for the one I tried just happened to be 343. They're not all like that. I waited for the next one to show, copy pasta the second after it did (it shows up automatically if you're logged in) and couldn't figure out, then gave up knowing for a fact that someone would have some automatic system set up to grab it and enter in combinations.

They resize it to 90px wide automatically, which results in bad stretching if it isn't made to be 90px. If it's over 120px in height it won't resize and you'll get in trouble.

Got it. Thank you sir.

Went back and edited them. Thanks for the heads up.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The codes are actually multiple numbers? Man, I thought they were all the same number or something - no wonder I never got the latest two by just going through all of the possible letters and numbers.

Damn that sucks, I just happened to get on my laptop right as the latest one popped up too,and spent all that time on them... :(

EDIT: And now that I only now just learned this, I found the first of the latest code, and it was already used - ugh.

Tawpgun

Whats the time these are being tweeted at. Twitter only tells me "about an hour ago" Is it every new hour? Or #:43?

EDIT: Wait, so the question marks are confirmed numbers only? And its not just one number for all of them?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
xxjuicesxx said:
Both already used within seconds. Fuck I've been trying for the last 3 hours!

Tell me about it - I put the first one in right away, missed the first guess, got it right the second time, second code was gone on the first guess - shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Everyone's caught on now, wish I did earlier.

Top Bottom