• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Pennybags

A27_StarWolf said:
I don't understand why the regular shade turrets suck SO HARD in forge -_-, why not that one :p?

Reminds me...

There's a really neat Invasion map/gametype made by Bluerunner over at HBO inspired by Apocalypse Now. It's quite enjoyable.

Shade turrets are in place to attack multiple Falcons attacking a village. They have close to no effect at all (Plasma Launchers serve that purpose), but I'll be damned if it doesn't look spectacular.

I believe the Falcons are set as spawn zones somehow, but I may be wrong.

Karl2177

Debating if I want to get on now. Don't have Defiant, and especially don't want to run into another team of AL jackasses.

Tuesday or Classic Playlist better get here soon...

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dax01 said:
Are customs over? Dang man. Didn't even get piece of the pie.

It went on for like 45 minutes. Some people left to play Firefight, most followed. :/

I did get 2 nice triple kills though.

Pathetic Post Time:

I used to play Halo with a solid group but a month after Reach came out, they went to other games/responsibilities, so I either play with alone or with a buddy of mine. I need to find a consistent group that plays about 5 days a week from 7pmMST on. If anyone wants to include me in their group, add me. I'm on right now

GT: The Coo1dude

Devin Olsen said:
Lets make our own Defiant Customs again? That seemed to work well last night.

Joinnnnnn me
I'm going to take a rest for an hour. Maybe I'll be back online ;)

About the playlist change: Why don't they put some other maps into that playlist? 4maps? I'm going to be bored after a time. Give us a DLC only playlist with the maps that shipped with the game!

GhaleonEB

I wonder, will the matchmaking algorithm try and lump players who have the map pack together and present them with one of the maps to pick from? Or is it purely luck?

I thought it did, but Unearthed is in Score Attack, and it's pure luck to get it; there are nine maps with 10 game types on each (90 total options) and you get eight voting rounds (24 options). I get it about 1/2 of the time in one of the eight rounds. And I'm pretty sure everyone in my party has the map pack. :p

<3 Unearthed

Striker

wwm0nkey said:
You know even though its not exactly like it, the DMR with the new settings kind of feel like the BR in Halo 2.
Yeah, but with more range.

Pistol works magnificently, as well. Previous Halos could have used this as a starting weapon.

Ramirez

Trasher said:
You don't have a code? That's too bad, sir. Mine is sitting here rotting until I get back to my Xbox to activate it. :( Hopefully you have one by then, bruh!

Just give me yours, you dont need it.

Hmm.. that's weird. I was looking through my PMs for a Defiant code, but I couldn't seem to find one. Can a Bungie employee please send me another one?

Hey, I tried. :p

Karl2177

Rage at 40% needed to get an assist. Needs to be similar blops system where you get +20, 40, 60, or 80 percent of the damage done, and get rewarded for it.

CyReN

Cleaning up my partially flooded basement I came across some of my older gaming magazines from back in the day.

n1z51c.jpg

Reading it again now.

MrBig

CyReN said:
Cleaning up my partially flooded basement I came across some of my older gaming magazines from back in the day.

http://i52.tinypic.com/n1z51c.jpg[IMG]

Reading it again now.[/QUOTE]
Ugh, they could have done so much more with H2 and taken the series in a whole new direction. Reading about exploring rooftops and and the inside of buildings is my fondest memory from the previews. Still the best in the series IMO.

Oozer3993

GhaleonEB said:
I wonder, will the matchmaking algorithm try and lump players who have the map pack together and present them with one of the maps to pick from? Or is it purely luck?

I thought it did, but Unearthed is in Score Attack, and it's pure luck to get it; there are nine maps with 10 game types on each (90 total options) and you get eight voting rounds (24 options). I get it about 1/2 of the time in one of the eight rounds. And I'm pretty sure everyone in my party has the map pack. :p

<3 Unearthed

For me at least, the Noble maps have seemed to have the same chance of coming up as any other, which would lead me to believe that matchmaking does prioritize whether you have the maps or not. I'd imagine it will be the same with the Defiant maps.

CyReN said:

n1z51c.jpg

Reading it again now.

I have an EGM magazine with a Halo 2 blowout from November of 2002. It describes a bunch of awesome stuff, almost none of which ended up in the game (destroyable lights, sprinting, an atv, etc.)

Top Bottom