• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

O D I N

Prophet Steve said:
The question marks, what the fuck. That's 1296 possibilities if I am correct.

EDIT: There are hints or something?

Whenever I saw that .gif, for whatever reason, I always thought Marty was caressing a giant fish he caught.

JonCha

Just checked out some of the YouTube video videos of the Classic playlist in action. Looks 99% identical to Halo 2 / 3 (especially 2).

MrBig

JonCha said:
Just checked out some of the YouTube video videos of the Classic playlist in action. Looks 99% identical to Halo 2 / 3 (especially 2).
Links?

And there's absolutely no AAs, correct? Keep that shit out.

wwm0nkey

JonCha said:
well its a bit in line with Halo 2 but still

Halo 2 > Classic Settings.

Still though the Classic settings are AMAZING compared to default Reach.

wwm0nkey

If anyone wants to play some classic right now send me a message (GT= wm0nkey with teh 0 as a zero)

Also if you have any remake maps that would be great.

MrBig

xxjuicesxx said:
Damn that is a nice remake. I've got the classic slayer gametypes, but where can I find classic objectives and maps?
I've already got the beaver, tombstone, prisoner, rat race, and some other.

Just got around to reading the BWU

I loved this part

As always, until these go live they are subject to change. I’m pressing hard for 300% Speed and unlimited Armor Lock, but Jeremiah hasn’t been returning my emails or my phone calls. I wonder if he's okay.

Love the writing style in these. I wish more devs had the community outreach that bungie does.

Striker

Blueblur1

A27 Tawpgun said:
Both codes been used up baaah
Following the Waypoint Twitter? It's incredibly difficult to claim a code off of it or their Facebook account since you're competing with people who are probably sitting at their computers all day long.

JonCha

MrBig said:
Damn that is a nice remake. I've got the classic slayer gametypes, but where can I find classic objectives and maps?
I've already got the beaver, tombstone, prisoner, rat race, and some other.

Check the first post of the official thread on the Bungie forums (Optimatch forums). First post has all the details.

Also going to pop online now if anyone is up for some Classic games. Will send friend requests out, but hit me up at Pari4h if you want.

wwm0nkey

Concept art from Halo: Faith

200057_198427310180887_181345861889032_638485_7276533_n.jpg

Hey You

Yeah, multiple missing letters/numbers for the codes means not even gonna try.

I usually play the Noble Playlist all the time, so when the Defiant one goes up I don't even think I'm going to leave it :)

Classic is really good. Playing on those remakes too, I was having flashbacks of the good old days.

Midship FFA playlist for a week or two!

I'm getting on now.

BTW - Played doubles all last night with a friend, we had a pretty awesome setup going on.

eL3Gil.jpg

Note the Astro's daisy chained together too

feel

Prophet Steve said:
How can people already play Classic slayer, is it available as a custom game or something? People that are just copying the options?
Copying the settings. The current slayer settings Bungie testers (and the community) are using for playtesting are really good, someone posted them in one of the last few pages. The ones posted in the BWU are outdated now and kinda bad.

I'd really like to play some Classic customs with gaf tonight, maybe a 500kills game of Condemned (or Highlands if there's a big group) to really get to know the place.

CyReN

Devin Olsen said:
I'm getting on now.

BTW - Played doubles all last night with a friend, we had a pretty awesome setup going on.

eL3Gil.jpg

Note the Astro's daisy chained together too

Legit setup, do you use the a40s with it? I opted out of them and got the Sennheiser PC350.

---
wwm0nkey and crew sorry I had to get off one game. Had to run a errand.

CyReN said:
Legit setup, do you use the a40s with it? I opted out of them and got the Sennheiser PC350.

---
Yeah we both have A40's hooked up together. Incredible quality, I recommend them to everyone I know.

GhaleonEB

Flipyap said:
That Grunt is freaking adorable! ...but I have no idea what they were going for with the Elites.

Man, Grunts are the best.
They look angry and constipated.

Not sure why I never noticed before, but FRG Attack in the Score Attack playlist has Needler secondary, with unlimited ammo. You can get 100 supercombines for the daily Challenge in one game, two max. I was just messing around yesterday with it and got 80. If I'd noticed that before I'd have played a lot more of it. :lol

So I've been trouble shooting a map load bug with the map pack , may have found a solution on the waypoint forum. Hopefully I can get some games in today/night. Also, some interesting info on 343's ???? in the codes. Apparently in the first batch they were replaced by the same two digits everytime. No telling if it's the same for the new codes. -___-
Edit: old news is old, catching up on thread now from iPhone :/

Blueblur1

wwmonkey or anyone else that has Halo 2 Vista, is there a way to install it to a difference drive? Like, besides the main HDD that has Widows on it.

Ugh, im not going to bother trying to crack or copy paste codes. Im way too slow for that. =P

I can't wait til tuesday. I know, embargo, embargo, but those who have the maps.. Should I be excited?

Demoncarnotaur said:
Ugh, im not going to bother trying to crack or copy paste codes. Im way too slow for that. =P

I can't wait til tuesday. I know, embargo, embargo, but those who have the maps.. Should I be excited?

All signs point to yes. (I do not have the maps)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
CyReN said:

---
Ohhhhh I want the PC350's sooooo bad.

Flipyap

GhaleonEB said:
They look angry and constipated.

Not sure why I never noticed before, but FRG Attack in the Score Attack playlist has Needler secondary, with unlimited ammo. You can get 100 supercombines for the daily Challenge in one game, two max. I was just messing around yesterday with it and got 80. If I'd noticed that before I'd have played a lot more of it. :lol
That's what I was doing before, but today I did that challenge in regular Firefight Limited and it was waaaaay more fun. Made me wish for a Covie Firefight variant. It felt good not to circle around ammo crates in Limited, I wish they'd at least move around the map as the set progresses.

CyReN

Tashi0106 said:
Ohhhhh I want the PC350's sooooo bad.

I actually got them modded (to open ear). They are a lot better then the a40's (they are still good). If you have the money check them out.

Here's some pictures.

---
Can't make it to customs tonight, but I'll be on tonight around 11/12am est if anybody wants to plays. Gt - Cyren CE

This game is all kinds of silly.

I can't upload content with the name Assault in the description... And I also cannot upload content that has suicide in the name.

-_-

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
CyReN said:
I actually got them modded (to open ear). They are a lot better then the a40's (they are still good). If you have the money check them out.

Here's some pictures.

---
Can't make it to customs tonight, but I'll be on tonight around 11/12am est if anybody wants to plays. Gt - Cyren CE
Oh nice. Yea I was planning on an Astro Mixamp and the PC 350's. I've heard such great things and already own some Sennie headphones so I'm going to pull the trigger on those when I can.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Devin Olsen said:
This game is all kinds of silly.

I can't upload content with the name Assault in the description... And I also cannot upload content that has suicide in the name.

-_-
That's not the game, it's LIVE UGC filtering.

CyReN said:

Here's some pictures.

---

Wow, that looks sweet. I use Sennheiser HD 201s lol

wwm0nkey

Was discussed earlier in customs but I demand ideas on how to troll Frankie at E3 if I happen to run into him or if he will even be there.

Halo 2 XBLA is obviously going to be mentioned :lol

JonCha

Classic settings. Enough said.

wwm0nkey said:
Was discussed earlier in customs but I demand ideas on how to troll Frankie at E3 if I happen to run into him or if he will even be there.

Halo 2 XBLA is obviously going to be mentioned :lol

The armour lock idea was hilarious.

MrBig

urk said:
That's not the game, it's LIVE UGC filtering.
Urk we just got done playing ~10 remakes on the new classic settings, both slayer and objective. Would NoF want the films?

That was honestly the most fun I've had in Reach in a long time. Great games guys.

wwm0nkey

Really do love the classic settings, game keeps a great pace with out the AA's.

Also really great games, was a blast playing with you all.

Classic map playlist customs where awesome. Are all of those maps going to be in the playlist? Im assuming the BTB ones we played arent which is a shame, they were really good. Hopefully they get added into the BTB rotation?

Im still not sure the damage settings are 100% right - and the power ups are flat out broken, but other than that the feel of the playlist is awesome. Playing some of those maps brought back nostalgia - I had a few awesome moments on them and loved the fact that I could jump and ninja and stuff :p - roll on the playlist!

Its a shame I cant make it to regular GAF customs though - they are way to late. Hopefully more of these classic customs happen :p

Top Bottom