• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

wwm0nkey

bobs99 ... said:
Classic map playlist customs where awesome. Are all of those maps going to be in the playlist? Im assuming the BTB ones we played arent which is a shame, they were really good. Hopefully they get added into the BTB rotation?

Im still not sure the damage settings are 100% right - and the power ups are flat out broken, but other than that the feel of the playlist is awesome. Playing some of those maps brought back nostalgia - I had a few awesome moments on them and loved the fact that I could jump and ninja and stuff :p - roll on the playlist!

Its a shame I cant make it to regular GAF customs though - they are way to late. Hopefully more of these classic customs happen :p
Maybe we should do different time of day customs. Morning, Mid-day, and late night customs.

Striker

bobs99 ... said:
Classic map playlist customs where awesome. Are all of those maps going to be in the playlist? Im assuming the BTB ones we played arent which is a shame, they were really good. Hopefully they get added into the BTB rotation?
What Jeremiah is going to need to do is, and I know it'll happen due to the appraisal that the Classic settings have gotten, add objective games into the Classic playlist and mix around Classic Slayer, Classic Slayer DMRs, Classic CTF, Classic Assault, Classic Neutral Assault, etc.

The playlist will begin itself as a slayer only fix, and he mentioned adding other gametypes like flag if the population stays steady.

I would love for a BTB portion as well, and I know that Coagulation map will fill in nicely. They will need others, though.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is how to use a sniper.

Clickity

I literally set the controller down and said "Well, looks like I am done here" after that first double kill.

lol

Edit: How sad... Looks like my Defiant Montage is dead in the water. I don't have my capture card set up, and I can't exactly upload the clips to my file share and render them from there... Kind of unfortunate that I figured this part out AFTER I went through all the games and gathered clips.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
MrBig said:
Urk we just got done playing ~10 remakes on the new classic settings, both slayer and objective. Would NoF want the films?

Nah. We've been playing some of the same maps in the labs. :)

J10

Banned
Sup folks. I'm new here. Reach is my favorite Halo game, Armor Lock is the greatest thing to ever happen to Halo and MLG gametypes are boring. My KD/R with the DMR in competitive multiplayer is 1.85. Firefight and Forge are my favorite game modes. I hope that's enough to make a judgment.

Gamertag: Joony Joon

I hope I can play with some of you some time.

J10 said:
Sup folks. I'm new here. Reach is my favorite Halo game, Armor Lock is the greatest thing to ever happen to Halo and MLG gametypes are boring. My KD/R with the DMR in competitive multiplayer is 1.85. Firefight and Forge are my favorite game modes. I hope that's enough to make a judgment.

Welcome! Each to their own... prepare to use that AL soon :p

Dani, much hearts. Now quickly, make Classic Ghostbusters.

J10 said:

Proves my point that with Reach, the guys who play the cheapest do the best. :D

wwm0nkey

J10 said:

And here I thought all the new members where cool :(

Blueblur1 said:
wwmonkey or anyone else that has Halo 2 Vista, is there a way to install it to a difference drive? Like, besides the main HDD that has Widows on it.
Yeah all you have to do is click browse and chose your installation path. Here is a picture (Just in case you need it) :)

5253534453.png

I'm deeply sorry for the huge picture.

J10

Banned
bobs99 ... said:
Proves my point that with Reach, the guys who play the cheapest do the best. :D

I know it's crazy, but I even seem to do well against other Armor Lock users, of which there are many.

If it's any consolation I almost never use Banshees.

O D I N

urk said:
What time do you play?

I was about to ask the same question.

I would also like to second the early, mid-day, late night customs group.

Work schedule depending, I can usually make the late night games.

Dug

Banned
O D I N said:
I was about to ask the same question.

I would also like to second the early, mid-day, late night customs group.

Work schedule depending, I can usually make the late night games.
Doesn't it start at 8 PM EST?

wwm0nkey said:
Might start some Classic customs back up here in about 15 minutes. Search for some remake maps guys :)

Argh I just have to head somewhere otherwise I would join in a heartbeat. If customs are going to be classic map based and start before 3am tonight ill just attend those lol.

bobs99 ... said:
Argh I just have to head somewhere otherwise I would join in a heartbeat. If customs are going to be classic map based and start before 3am tonight ill just attend those lol.
This usually is the case for sure anyway. I haven't played Halo with you in aaaages!

O D I N

Dug said:
Doesn't it start at 8 PM EST?

Even if that's the case, if I work my normal evening schedule, I work 4pm Est-12am est. :-/

But I'd be available up until 3pm est.

Lately, I've been work the morning shift (8a-4p Est.), but then have work early the next morning.

/useless rant

JonCha

wwm0nkey said:
Might start some Classic customs back up here in about 15 minutes. Search for some remake maps guys :)

Will join whenever you're ready. I downloaded pretty much all of the maps from Jeremiah's file share so can put some up if you want.

Karl2177 said:
If you're using Windows 7, I just came across 2 Reach Windows 7 themes. Now IMO the only thing that's really cool about them is the sounds have been altered. Example being that when you empty your Recycle Bin, it's the Plasma Grenade explosion.

If you want to check them out:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/halo-reach

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/halo-reach-art-inspiration
Oh wow! Those are nice, downloading. Thanks :)

Raide

I am hoping the next set of maps give us another Forge space to play with. I don't have the spare cash currently, so hopefully I can pick them up later this month. Currently I am still having fun Forging on Forgeworld and Tempest.

Top Bottom