• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Sorry I couldn't play long (I was Salmonella lolz).

The Classic settings might bring me back to matchmaking -- real talk.

But that Guardian remake we played on was the most bobo thing ever. The hammer room felt so awkwardly cramped.

I might harp on 343's Twitter, but I've already broken my spring break rule: No video games. I should probably go back out into the sunlight.

wwm0nkey

Since all of you asked me to post this

2en3twm.jpg

wwm0nkey said:

2en3twm.jpg

It looks like he just wants to join in BUT how can he truly think he started the 'classic' movement. People on Gaf were mentioning the fact that classic maps should be in matchmaking since before the game was even out. Im pretty sure if you look at the thread for the forgeworld vidoc people were calling for that the remakes in that vid to be in matchmaking from the getgo lol.

Hey You

wwm0nkey said:

2en3twm.jpg
Bungie was planning to make a classic playlist way before he created his thread and aren't even using his gametypes/maps.

I don't think he understands that.

GhaleonEB

Hey You said:
Bungie was planning to make a classic playlist way before he created his thread and aren't even using his gametypes/maps.

I don't think he understands that.
NoF has told him that repeatedly, but he actually argues against it, saying it was all his idea. Dude's ego is a big as a Buick.

Willeth said:
Try installing it to your hard drive.

Yeah I just tried that, but it went to like 59% and then it stopped to tell me to clean the disc. I looked and there's a scratch that goes all the way around the disc. :(

Kujo

The Real Napsta said:
Damn it, put them both in right in the first 40 seconds and both were taken.
The first one was gone within 5 seconds even. No way I'm going to get a code from this, unless I invent time travel

GhaleonEB

Devin Olsen said:
Well I played customs a couple days ago with a bunch of GAF'ers and it wasn't this.

Gauss Hog should NOT be in MP... It ruins maps.
I have yet to play a custom map on GAF customs (the regular Saturday event) that had the Gauss Hog on it. And the maps played scale to the number of people there. The majority are non or light vehicles only.

We test the odd ForgeGAF map that is loaded with bad stuff, but those are the rare exceptions.

wwm0nkey said:
Best lockout remake

URK please for the love of all that is good, put this in matchmaking for classic settings!

This is spot on and the gorgeous Tempest aesthetics, despite being in direct contrast to both Lockout and Blackout, just seem to fit right in with overall design. Between this, the Middy remake and the prospect of other potential remakes down the road (Prisoner FTW) it looks like the Classic playlist may be my new permanent home in MM.

GhaleonEB said:
I have yet to play a custom map on GAF customs (the regular Saturday event) that had the Gauss Hog on it. And the maps played scale to the number of people there. The majority are non or light vehicles only.

We test the odd ForgeGAF map that is loaded with bad stuff, but those are the rare exceptions.
We literally just played a map with two Gauss hogs on it.

I think what happened is we played two (bad) ForeGAF maps in a row, and I just got a little frustrated.

GhaleonEB said:

It was someone's remake of Headlong, and yes, the Gauss was RIDICULOUS.

wwm0nkey

xxxstylzxxx said:
This is spot on and the gorgeous Tempest aesthetics, despite being in direct contrast to both Lockout and Blackout, just seem to fit right in with overall design. Between this, the Middy remake and the prospect of other potential remakes down the road (Prisoner FTW) it looks like the Classic playlist may be my new permanent home in MM.
We where just talking about this in customs but this map NEEDS to be put in but also have a version for those without Tempest. This map still needs to be put in for those who do though.

Gui_PT

Devin Olsen said:

I think what happened is we played two (bad) ForeGAF maps in a row, and I just got a little frustrated.

Yeah, we started getting some crappy maps there at the end.

You just got on at the wrong time =\

Holy Moley Me Oh My!

This capture card is now the apple of my eye.

I got it working, Defiant Montage is back on track.

Edit: Dani your pic needs more filters added.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Devin Olsen said:

ForgeGAF Customs =/= regular HaloGAF Customs

Speaking of which

Starts in about 3 hours 15 mins from now.

GAFCUSTOMSMAR2.jpg

wwm0nkey

Devin Olsen said:

yeah you got in at the wrong time.

MrBig

Dani said:

Speaking of which
We aren't playing any forgegaf maps, we are doing more classic maps. Speaking of which, we found a citadel remake much better than the one you've had for the last few customs Dani. I'll try to find the link.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Devin Olsen said:
Holy Moley Me Oh My!

This capture card is now the apple of my eye.

I got it working, Defiant Montage is back on track.

Edit: Dani your pic needs more filters added.
Impossible huh? Lol

How did you get it to work?

zlatko

Banned
CyReN said:
Only been on twitter through @halowaypoint from what I've seen.

I just saw their twitter and wow they have been putting up a lot. Is it just a complete guessing game for what the ? mark should be or did they say it's always numbers? If it's letters and numbers god damn some of these might still be available.

JonCha

Honestly, it's not like most of us we were endorsing the Gauss Hog being used. We know it's overpowered. It's not going to be in matchmaking.

No need to plaster an image on the forum of the event. A sentence would do. Some may see it as a little arrogant.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
zlatko said:
I just saw their twitter and wow they have been putting up a lot. Is it just a complete guessing game for what the ? mark should be or did they say it's always numbers? If it's letters and numbers god damn some of these might still be available.
Every ? was either a 4 or a 3.

I was up at about 2 AM trying to figure some of them out, but i was drunk off my ass and raged fairly quickly

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
MrBig said:
We aren't playing any forgegaf maps, we are doing more classic maps. Speaking of which, we found a citadel remake much better than the one you've had for the last few customs Dani. I'll try to find the link.

Hmm? I went on a hunt for the best Citadel remakes, I hope you've found a gem I've overlooked.

Funny thing, I have been on the hunt for classic maps since the first few weeks. I've popped them in Customs occasionally with The Pit, Narrows, Construct, Long Shore, Guadian, heck even Rat's Nest.

I'm really happy to see this Classic playlist help push the quality remakes to the top.

JonCha said:
No need to plaster an image on the forum of the event. A sentence would do. Some may see it as a little arrogant.

Have you missed the images used for the past two weeks? What about the tons of images used for Halo 3 HaloGAF Customs?

Besides, my two minutes photoshit jobs are masterpieces.

GAFCUSTOMSMAR.jpg

GAFCUSTOMSFEB.jpg

CYCLE.gif

ELITE.gif

spnkr.gif

thehalogafgame.png

qq.gif

RTR.png

trial.png

Or not. =P

Tashi0106 said:
Impossible huh? Lol

How did you get it to work?
I'll try and break it down so everyone can follow.

It's a USB capture card, so I plugged the USB into my laptop and it auto-installed the drivers.

the end.

lol

USUALLY because this capture card is a few years old and somewhat sketchy, I have had to downgrade my version of windows xp (I think I had to re-install it entirely if I remember) to Service Pack 2. For some insane crazy reason I could never install drivers on a newly updated machine. So I always left my desktop un-updated so I could use it with my capture card... I think that's how it all went down.

But for fun I just tried to plug it into my laptop now to see what would happen, and it installed without a hitch.

Perhaps it was user error in the past.

Edit: That video of the modded warthog turret looks almost as overpowered as a Gauss Hog.

Dani said:

Speaking of which

Starts in about 3 hours 15 mins from now.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/iamnotevilness/GAFCUSTOMSMAR2.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
We gonna be playing on the new maps?

zlatko

Banned
dmg04 said:
Every ? was either a 4 or a 3.

I was up at about 2 AM trying to figure some of them out, but i was drunk off my ass and raged fairly quickly

I figured it was something like that. Thanks for clearing that up. F5ing Twitter for the rest of the day now. :p

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Dax01 said:

To be fair on those that don't have them yet (most folks) no.

That doesn't preclude the notion of playing the new maps afterwards or later or whatever. We'll have a Defiant party next weekend for sure.

Dax01 said:
I'd imagine they aren't... But we should get something going on the new maps.

Tashi, Dax, Myself, goatrope (friend of mine with the maps)... Anyone else?

*ahem*

DEFIANT MAP PACK CUSTOMS - LET ME KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PLAY TONIGHT

Apologies for the all caps

Top Bottom