• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Letters said:
True. Halo is something very different to different groups of people, so that can't possibly ever be correct, but you guys knew what I meant.
I think Halo Elitists is a better term than Halo Purists, but yeah I have a bit of a problem with that group in general.

Can't wait to get live back so I can stop complaining in this thread and start playing again :lol

MrBig

They're just listed as DLC_1, DLC_2, and DLC_3. Not as individual maps. I'm not going to link a source, but if you really want to find it you can. You won't find any other information though.
This also doesn't have to mean they will be limited to three, just that there are three planned.

GhaleonEB said:
I'm looking forward to that a great deal. From the the last BWU, it sounds like more than one from each category will work its way in. That would go a long ways. I think some great BTB maps might come out of it.

I can't wait until BTB gets the love it deserves. Hopefully the BTB map they pick is amazing.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Thank god I got the invasion achievement right off today, fuck armorlock in infantry fights. MLG playlist is my safe haven, I'd rather get beat because I'm bad, not because some dbag decided to armor lock and wait for help.

Alienshogun said:
Thank god I got the invasion achievement right off today, fuck armorlock in infantry fights. MLG playlist is my safe haven, I'd rather get beat because I'm bad, not because some dbag decided to armor lock and wait for help.

I'm wondering if I'll ever get that stupid Rocket Race achievement, NO ONE votes for it. Probably most of the people in Multi Team don't even have the maps yet. Why would they create an achievement for an incredibly niche gametype that most don't like to play?

So the decision to pull Halo Wars stats tracking has been overturned. Bravo 343 as a Halo fan thats great news, I was sort of fearful my Halo 3 stats would go the same way - I was also fearful that you guys wouldnt really put the fans first. I change my mind!

Cocopjojo/ Frankie and everyone else, nice one!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Christ these kids in the MLG playlist are good, it doesn't help a lot of them have 1200 games played and I'm sitting at 600 though.

bobs99 ... said:
So the decision to pull Halo Wars stats tracking has been overturned. Bravo 343 as a Halo fan thats great news, I was sort of fearful my Halo 3 stats would go the same way - I was also fearful that you guys wouldnt really put the fans first. I change my mind!

Does that mean that Halowars.com is staying around then? :eek:

rObit

Banned
After a long break from Halo I broke down and bought the Noble pack, I have to say I really like all the maps a lot, it's definitely good to get a larger mix of environments into the MP, I was really getting tired of the Forge World pallet. First run through Tempest and this happens: "Don't go towards the dark water"

After that break stuff like this just really shows me how unique Halo is, and how I came to love it in the first place. You'll never find such random hilarious shit happening in other games.

bobs99 ... said:

Wow. That's ..surprising. In a good way.

Alienshogun said:

Yeah I got the Invasion and the 2x Kill from the Grave ones today. Thought it would take forever to get the latter.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I had a moment in Firefight yesterday where Nutter betrayed me. He lasered a Banshee and the debris found a home on my skull.

<3 Halo

The best way to fix Armor Lock has always been to give it a fixed charge. You hit the button, you slam into the lock for five seconds, that's all she wrote. You can't move, you can't do shit, you can't pulse it; you are there for a set five seconds that everyone in the vicinity can count and time their grenades to. You use it to smash small vehicles and bail out of insta-death situations, but you do not use it to shrug off multiple grenades and grief CQC situations.

This would be even better if the assist window were the length of a shield recharge (i.e. longer than 5 seconds of AL).

Looking forward to playing some (gravity-fixed) MLG at some stage, but it's sad that it's cannibalizing the Arena playlist rather than one of the many shittier ones.

Gui_PT

ZayneH said:
brb, hakin ur account

bastard

It's k. We party up and I'll carry you to victory everytime. That's how good I am.
I am not good

neoism said:
damn sir... I envy you.. I haven't slept that long in ever..

I didn't sleep the night before, so I guess that evens things out.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Holy shit! MLG finally placed me in a good match! I went positive! :lol

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=360005562&player=AlienShogun

MLG playlist is most definitely the most fun playlist at the moment, even when I'm getting completely shit on it's better than the other lists.

Grimm Fandango said:
Yeah I got the Invasion and the 2x Kill from the Grave ones today. Thought it would take forever to get the latter.

:lol

I boosted for the 2x from the grave one, but would have gotten both (the ones you mentioned) in my game today.

neoism said:
damn mlg is fun when your team doesn't suck... I'm not that good, but it's fun nonetheless.

I tried to join you, but you ignored me!

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
GhaleonEB said:
I'm looking forward to that a great deal. From the the last BWU, it sounds like more than one from each category will work its way in. That would go a long ways. I think some great BTB maps might come out of it.

If all goes as planned, you'll be playing many maps. Many, many maps. And you will love them all.

Hey You said:
Well the forums are going to Halo Waypoints forums still.
So halowars.com will essentialy only be a stat tracking site, with the main bulk of discussion about the game taking place in the centralised home of Waypoint?

urk said:
If all goes as planned, you'll be playing many maps. Many, many maps. And you will love them all.

2jcy5p1.jpg

Is there anywere where I can get sound clips of the Super Intendent? I have one of the virgil ones that was released in a BWU but I want to try some stuff...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
urk said:

Well the plan is broken, since many of the maps suck!

Here's hoping for better maps down the road, eh?

MrBig

Alienshogun said:

I think the problem was all the maps being multi-purpose and not designed for any specific purpose (slayer, bomb, etc.)

Hey You

Hydranockz said:
So halowars.com will essentialy only be a stat tracking site, with the main bulk of discussion about the game taking place in the centralised home of Waypoint?
That's what I'm getting from the post.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
MrBig said:
I think the problem was all the maps being multi-purpose and not designed for any specific purpose (slayer, bomb, etc.)

Whatever caused it, there are definitely some turds in the batch. That said, the game is awesome, and even better now that MLG fixed it.

Here's hoping Bungie makes some changes in the first major update, if not, MLG will be where a lot of people stay just not to get frustrated by dumb game mechanics.

Plywood said:
I want to take the time out to thank Bungie Trueskill™ for matching me up with this guy who wasn't moving: http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=360020692&player=DevilZod z

and this guy who decided to move only to kill the rocket guy, teabag him then lose the rockets, then go back to not moving: http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=360038432&player=Yeldarb26

At least you didn't kill the rocket guy, and score a double kill with one of the taken rockets, only to get showed with grenades as a token of your team's gratitude!

Check them tweets, another podcast by the end of the week.

bungietweets said:
Podcast, canned. Lopez is editing like the wind. Hopefully, it'll be up on Bungie.net and iTunes by the end of the week. Adults only.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Alienshogun said:
At least you didn't kill the rocket guy, and score a double kill with one of the taken rockets, only to get showed with grenades as a token of your team's gratitude!
It's just upsetting knowing that these games happened one after the other. :U

Also in the Countdown 1 flag game one of our teammates had quit, so it was basically two of us, for half of their round and all of our round.

Hydranockz said:
Check them tweets, another podcast by the end of the week.

They're closing in on their goal of 12 per year! Go Urk Go! We Beliiiiiiieeevvveeee!

On the DLC front: It would make sense that Bungie and Microsoft would have a plan for one year after launch. Beyond that year I'm sure things like player population and sales of all DLC would determine their plans for additional maps/ODST2:Romeo's Revenge.

neoism

Alienshogun said:
Holy shit! MLG finally placed me in a good match! I went positive! :lol

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=360005562&player=AlienShogun

MLG playlist is most definitely the most fun playlist at the moment, even when I'm getting completely shit on it's better than the other lists.

:lol

I boosted for the 2x from the grave one, but would have gotten both (the ones you mentioned) in my game today.

I tried to join you, but you ignored me!
sorry sir... I wasn't at my box.. <3

GhaleonEB

Plywood said:
It's just upsetting knowing that these games happened one after the other. :U

Also in the Countdown 1 flag game one of our teammates had quit, so it was basically two of us, for half of their round and all of our round.
Eh. Jerks are everywhere.

They're in Firefight too, but with team killing turned off, the best they can do is annoy.

I had a game this weekend - here - where I said "Regular Firefight, please," when the voting began. One of the three other guys resopnded with, "Who the fuck are you to tell us what to vote for, you fucking faggot?"

Ah, communicaiton on Xbox Live. I said I didn't need to hear their drivel and muted everyone. Shockingly, two of the three voted for regular Firefight. And then all three started shooting me when the game started. I ignored them and just plugged away, and had topped all their scores combined before they gave up and quit, one after the other. Played the rest of the game solo. Kicked booty, got thousands of credits, was happy.

It's one of the reasons I have team mate chat only enabled when I roll through multiplayer.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Alienshogun said:

You haven't even played them yet! (By the way, some cranky dude over in the MLG forums is stalking you. You're e-famous. I'd leave your porch light on before you go to bed tonight.)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
urk said:
You haven't even played them yet! (By the way, some cranky dude over in the MLG forums is stalking you. You're e-famous. I'd leave your porch light on before you go to bed tonight.)

Oh, you mean new maps, I thought you meant maps in general. :D

Wait, what? Stalking me?!? I'm crap, unless he's bagging on my skill, in which I will join him in talking shit about myself. Link?!?

P.S I was E-famous before, back when Naughty Dog was doing promos for uncharted 2 my screen name ended up in some pre release screen shots. I'm even in some non speaking websites. My inbox exploded. :lol

Seriously, just google Alienshogun Uncharted 2.

One example

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Alienshogun said:
Oh, you mean new maps, I thought you meant maps in general. :D

Community maps. Each block was carefully placed for your enjoyment by a comrade in arms. Soon, the war cry will echo throughout the land. Veto for Colonnade!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
urk said:
Community maps. Each block was carefully placed for your enjoyment by a comrade in arms. Soon, the war cry will echo throughout the land. Veto for Colonnade!

Sweet, but alas, the moment I get c blocked by an Armor lock I'll be right back to the 4 map MLG rotation. :lol

Got a link to that thread?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
urk said:
Awesome! I can't wait to play more great community maps! Now how about removing Cliffhanger and Atom permanently? :p

GhaleonEB said:
Eh. Jerks are everywhere.

It's one of the reasons I have team mate chat only enabled when I roll through multiplayer.

That's what I have it set at as well. The other team almost never has anything constructive to say anyways so I'm not missing out on much.

Top Bottom