• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

zumphry

Banned
urk said:
If all goes as planned, you'll be playing many maps. Many, many maps. And you will love them all.

Is there going to be another contest to get Forge creations into Matchmaking soon, or is the last one it for awhile?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
ZayneH said:
Is there going to be another contest to get Forge creations into Matchmaking soon, or is the last one it for awhile?
I don't know about soon, but depending on how well received the initial offerings are, I'm down for more. Gasca and Jeremiah are onboard, too. (No promises.)

GhaleonEB

urk said:
I don't know about soon, but depending on how well received the initial offerings are, I'm down for more. Gasca and Jeremiah are onboard, too. (No promises.)
Sweet.

I probably shouldn't ask, but any update on the b.net stuff to review content? (Not sure how to describe it.) You know what I mean - alluded to in the first Incompetent Cartographer article.

zumphry

Banned
urk said:

Hooray for hoping. Hopefully by then, I can stop procrastinating and get maps done :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Urk, were you talking about this post on the MLG forums?

Cherno said:
Reach's multiplayer is so bad, NeoGaf's Halo people love the MLG playlist. That's like a slap in the face to Bungie. That's rock bottom right there.

One dude said he'd rather get beaten all day because he sucks rather than lose to an Armor Locker. That encapsulates the population loss overall quite nicely.

I could see why he would have grabbed that nugget of wisdom, because it's true!

urk said:

So long as you keep adding MLG maps as they make them, I'm happy.

That is unless you guys make some tweaks to the overall game play in the base playlists, then I'll be happy as hell to dive into all the other maps.

feel

Alienshogun said:
Urk, were you talking about this post on the MLG forums?

Cherno said:
Reach's multiplayer is so bad, NeoGaf's Halo people love the MLG playlist. That's like a slap in the face to Bungie. That's rock bottom right there.

One dude said he'd rather get beaten all day because he sucks rather than lose to an Armor Locker. That encapsulates the population loss overall quite nicely.
My comment got used in someone's argument at the mlgpro forums, my mom is so proud.

So urk, were you at the helm for the podcast?

Joe Staten, mancannon, lukems, Marty, urk and Paul Bertone are voices I would love to listen to discussing Reach, post-launch.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Hydranockz said:
So urk, were you at the helm for the podcast?

Joe Staten, mancannon, lukems, Marty, urk and Paul Bertone are voices I would love to listen to discussing Reach, post-launch.
Yeah, I "hosted." Marcus, Joe Tung, Carney, and Lee Wilson rocked the mics. Bodies were exhumed.

urk said:
Yeah, I "hosted." Marcus, Joe Tung, Carney, and Lee Wilson rocked the mics. Bodies were exhumed.
Too late to edit my post to include thse names too? I blame my 4am posting.

I can't wait to hear what they prefer on their pizzas!!!

Kuroyume

Banned
I just played my first (and last) game of MLG and got demolished. That just played like ass to me. Rockets on Countdown? Really? :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Letters said:
My comment got used in someone's argument at the mlgpro forums, my mom is so proud.

:lol :lol

I wasn't being all happy someone used my comment, Urk brought it up, I'm just curious if that's what he was talking about.

Kuroyume said:
I just played my first (and last) game of MLG and got demolished. That just played like ass to me. Rockets on Countdown? Really? :lol

I know you hear this a lot, but do you ever not complain? What's wrong with rockets on countdown? How did it play like ass?

Perhaps you just don't like it because you got shit on, like I said earlier, I don't mind getting my ass kicked so long as I know it's my own skill and not stupid game mechanics that got me killed.

I think the MLG playlist is actually making me play better. I went into BTB with Miguel and Zayne and we wrecked shop. :lol

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Hydranockz said:
Too late to edit my post to include thse names too? I blame my 4am posting.

I can't wait to hear what they prefer on their pizzas!!!
This time I asked them for wardrobe advice.

feel

Marty wasn't cornered, I'm disappoint.

Alienshogun said:

I wasn't being all happy someone used my comment, Urk brought it up, I'm just curious if that's what he was talking about.
I wasn't saying it as you (or mocking you), I think I made that armor lock comment he was referring to. :lol

Kuroyume

Banned
Alienshogun said:
I know you hear this a lot, but do you ever not complain? What's wrong with rockets on countdown? How did it play like ass?

Perhaps you just don't like it because you got shit on, like I said earlier, I don't mind getting my ass kicked so long as I know it's my own skill and not stupid game mechanics that got me killed.

I think the MLG playlist is actually making me play better. I went into BTB with Miguel and Zayne and we wrecked shop. :lol

What's your point? I've gotten trashed in the previous two games too.

urk said:
This time I asked them for wardrobe advice.

Any chance you guys might talk about gameplay changes that could be seen through a title update? Or would you say you folks at Bungie "are more locked" into the way things are now?

I haven't played any MLG but the idea of increased movement/jump height and just the sliver of a chance that the melee system could be turned into something sensible has my interest piqued. I'm starting to get very tired of the sprint, punch, punch CQC. In fact I may just start calling Reach's CQC "S.P.P."

Now I'm going to pour one out for all the frames that I lost while trying to scope in on people on Atom. Sigh.

Still my most played game. Still having fun. Just sad knowing that I could be having more fun.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Letters said:
Marty wasn't cornered, I'm disappoint.

I wasn't saying it as you (or mocking you), I think I made that armor lock comment he was referring to. :lol

Yeah, we both did. :lol http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24808279&postcount=1405

I just seriously tried out the needle rifle for the first time, holy crap, is this thing supposed to be THAT much better than the DMR?

Kuroyume said:
What's your point? I've gotten trashed in the previous two games too.

It took me something like 6 straight ass kickings before I started going positive.

pakkit said:
I'd give any map playlist more than one chance before judging it on the interwebs.

Balance-wise, I'd rather have rockets on Countdown than shotgun.

This man knows a thing or two.

pakkit

Banned
I'd give any map playlist more than one chance before judging it on the interwebs.

Balance-wise, I'd rather have rockets on Countdown than shotgun.

zumphry

Banned
Alienshogun said:

You call out Ghosts trying to take my tank, I shoot my teammates, with my tank.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
ZayneH said:
You call out Ghosts trying to take my tank, I shoot my teammates, with my tank.

I wish I had MLG games with guys who would call out. I end up on a team of randoms vs a team of people working together, oh well, it's still fun.

Zel3

Kuroyume said:
Anyone else like to ignore the objectives in Multi Team and just play it like Slayer? :lol
I always feel bad when I do but then I see 62 kills and +50 and don't care. :p

Striker

Kuroyume said:
Anyone else like to ignore the objectives in Multi Team and just play it like Slayer? :lol
It's a game of improving their precious k/d rather than play the objective of the game. King and Oddball on The Cage was putrid.

Long are the days of Multi-team fun in Halo 2 with Neutral Bomb on Warlock and Foundation.

Dirtbag

Enjoying the MLG playlist so far. Much needed refresher, though it's a bit vanilla for me overall.
I really miss the shotgun and the needler, and my totally overpowered sword/hammer.

Must say that the weaker melee really puts the focus back onto shooting and that makes a huge difference in the experience. I think I prefer the MLG sanctuary better (and definitely prefer MLG Zealot), though again I miss my shotgun and sword power weapons. Just having the movement based abilities on the map and cool down at spawn changes it soo much, and thank god no armor lock. The movement speed and jumping feels sooo much better, though it puts even more stress on timing out your bloom better.

I've done really well in the playlist overall so far, having some really good games. Finding the DMR to be my primary, where as in basic Reach I prefer the nerfle. A better experience, but I don't know if this is enough to save Reach for me.. as I was never a big MLG guy.

Countdown spawns are kind of goofy for me. The start of the game showdown is always a hoot.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kuroyume said:
Oh so your the asshole.

Or no, wait, I'm the only asshole evading my way towards the hill. Thanks for playing, guys.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Plywood said:
So MLG oddity, why is the plasma pistol so powerful? Two regular shots and a beatdown = death? Wow.

You sure he didn't hit you with a regular shot and a semi charged shot then beat down?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Alienshogun said:
You sure he didn't hit you with a regular shot and a semi charged shot then beat down?
No this happened on several different occasions at least six times, shoot like 2-3 times, beat me down, if he didn't get to he'd just shoot me to death.(5+) Just seems like the PP is a powerful weapon w/ MLG settings.

I am still loving MLG though, the settings just feel so much more accessible and open for map movement, where as Vanilla Reach can feel restricted at times.

Ramirez

Plywood said:
No this happened on several different occasions at least six times, shoot like 2-3 times, beat me down, if he didn't get to he'd just shoot me to death. Just seems like the PP is a powerful weapon w/ MLG settings.

It's super powerful in regular MM as well, doesn't take no time to pulse someone's shields down...

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ramirez said:
It's super powerful in regular MM as well, doesn't take no time to pulse someone's shields down...
This guy was embarrassing me with it. :lol The thing is a power weapon in its own now, not that it wasn't before but 2 shot beat down is insane.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Plywood said:
No this happened on several different occasions at least six times, shoot like 2-3 times, beat me down, if he didn't get to he'd just shoot me to death.(5+) Just seems like the PP is a powerful weapon w/ MLG settings.

I am still loving MLG though, the settings just feel so much more accessible and open for map movement, where as Vanilla Reach can feel restricted at times.

I don't think they altered it. I remember watching the Noble map pack videos and it was effective.

Yeah, like Ram said, it's really strong in Reach in general. Once the shield is down you're a 1 melee death anyway I do believe. (in MLG too)

Raide

urk said:

I might have to go undercover as a US Operative and submit some maps this time. Might be the only way to get in. :lol

Zennshi

Neo Member
One Spartan Army – 2000cR
Kill 400 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

Supporting Role - 1100cR
Earn 20 assists in Firefight Matchmaking.

Points, Points - 2500cR
Score 20,000 points in a Firefight Matchmaking game.

That Pink Mist - 1650cR
Kill 20 enemies with a Supercombine from the Needler or Needle Rifle in Firefight Matchmaking.

7250 Easy Credits :D

zumphry

Banned
Zeouterlimits said:
I really miss the 2 hour epics getting the FF achievements in ODST.

I hope the next map pack has an achievement like Endure, but with the guideline of a 4 player custom game with default Firefight Classic options only.

Or if you want, sometime this weekend we can try to gather up two other people and play some classic.

Gui_PT

Who wants to get those assists?!

Edit: Did anyone get any information popping up when you got in the game? I skipped it by accident so I don't know what it said.

Alienshogun said:
I just seriously tried out the needle rifle for the first time, holy crap, is this thing supposed to be THAT much better than the DMR?

I was actually wondering about this last night. What reason is there to start with the NR instead of the DMR? The DMR breaks shields quicker with less shots and the any decent 'precision' battle ends with a headshot so the 3-shot supercombine doesn't come into effect.

Miggytronz

The only highlight of last night.........................Getting the invasion achievement :lol :lol :lol :lol

no lie we played some terrible games.

Firefight Challenges huh.....i just might do that tonight.

ShinAmano

Mikasangelos said:
The only highlight of last night.........................Getting the invasion achievement :lol :lol :lol :lol

no lie we played some terrible games.

Firefight Challenges huh.....i just might do that tonight.
Yeah the Hero and his General brigade pretty much bent us over. :lol

BlueScrote said:
I was actually wondering about this last night. What reason is there to start with the NR instead of the DMR? The DMR breaks shields quicker with less shots and the any decent 'precision' battle ends with a headshot so the 3-shot supercombine doesn't come into effect.

Heh, you guys are saying opposite things :lol

(I like the DMR better, feels stronger to me ;) )

Top Bottom