• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
343's own David Ellis will guest appear on Weekend Confirmed this week. It comes out tomorrow.

GREAT podcast. Brian Leahy who is also on the podcast is a big Halo fan and knows his shit so hopefully we'll get some solid Halo talk.

Hey You

A little late to respond, but in regards to the Community team willing to do another contest. I would rather them focus on getting a system for maps to get in matchmaking so everyone has a change than running contests for US Residents only.

electricpirate said:
I've got no issue with the armour lock discussion, Just do it through the right channels. Don't add it to an unrelated (and yes it is unrelated as per JonnyO's initial description, and his following posts as to what he could accomplish.), thread that is actually helping to fix other issues. It's just going to make it harder for the Gametype team to go through and fix other legitimate isues.

It's like Port
pot
begging, it's a distraction from the main event.

I wasn't referring to it being unrelated as I see that this is not really a gameplay problem when we are looking strictly at gametype problems that need to be addressed. Just that it does need fixing sooner or later. Now drop shield for Invasion, now that one is questionable as a team of Elites can just sit on top of the Core and spam those things until the sun goes down.

Make a separate thread titled Halo: Reach |OT1| The Great Armor Lock Debate. :p

Possibility to pass this thread in numbers by middle of next year. :lol

GhaleonEB said:
Yeah that's weird. I saw the 400 and was like, 4,000 cR, woo! But it's worth less than yesterday's which was 150 kills fewer.

Still, Firefight Challenges means I get lots of cR today. Colonel Ghaleon has a nice ring to it. :D

I spent my epic haul of riches on a shoulder pad. (I would link to my b.net profile here, but um....)
All I'm saving for now is the gold visor (I wonder why we didn't get Jorge's visor color as an option?). After that, I'll just be buying stuff just to buy it. There's not much else I want dress up as, with the possible exception of the Security helmet. I'm sure that'll be a pretty penny, and a long way off from where I am now.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Tashi0106 said:
343's own David Ellis will guest appear on Weekend Confirmed this week. It comes out tomorrow.

GREAT podcast. Brian Leahy who is also on the podcast is a big Halo fan and knows his shit so hopefully we'll get some solid Halo talk.

Leahy and Eliis? Win.

Alienshogun said:
Yeah, I may have (probably did) misunderstand what he really wanted, so because I see AL as a gameplay issue in those playlists (just like dropshield) it will lead to information he didn't want, and like I said, he will just ignore it or forward it to where it needs to go.

Mountain out of a mole hill and such.

Is there a forum in which to address the issue? Because I have not seen one.

Go nuts and vent all you want here.

aesop

CrazedArabMan said:
Make a separate thread titled Halo: Reach |OT1| The Great Armor Lock Debate. :p

Possibility to pass this thread in numbers by middle of next year. :lol

Probably by next month.

Alienshogun said:
How is it being annoying?
morelikealienshutup.jpg

Stop whining about Armor Lock, we get it. And especially stop doing it in the wrong place at the wrong time when Bungie employees are actually checking in to see what they can do to improve other aspects of the game.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Alienshogun said:
Already did, and I doubt anyone from Bungie actually reads the main forum since it's full of idiotic kids.

Surely you jest?

For awhile now I've been reading the forums on this website and I agree with the people who say that they spent there own hard earned cash to buy Reach and they get to such and such rank and get banned and or credit reset and then there's all that time of there life spent weather or not they are cheating is flushed down the drain I will be completely honest I've done the target locater boosting and I've joined up with friends and plugged in all of our extra controllers and played the crap out of rumble pit matchmaking and I'm dang well proud of it just really angry at the fact that you get banned for bungies mess ups the really don't need to take it out on the loving fans of the game because the are to lazy to fix the problem that they feel the need to banned people who are simply having fun which video games were intended to do in the first place when man first created video games it was for the better enjoyment of the player and to pass time or just simply have fun with family and friends now today we have online play which was intended for the same thing but for far away family or friends to still have fun and enjoy there time spent with you online or not now we have people like bungie that want to be a complete buzz kill to all players that don't have all the time in the world to play but would very much like the high ranks why don't you let us do what we do and add more ranks and also the reason why you have so many cheaters is because you make it takes so much dang time to level up and there we are not messing with the hardware nor the software we are simply using what programs we where given by the designer and using it to its fullest cheating or not bungie needs to take a look in the mirror before they go pointing fingers at the gamers that are just using bungies programming to its full potential and i can care less for the people who say we are cry babies you anuses need to get a life instead of living with your mother and playing video games all day i have a job and my own place and its truly discouraging to come home and relax and play a game you've been playing for a week and still be in low ranks and now i am a colonel grade 2 almost grade 3 and they go and do this bull i always say if its in the game then it should be able to be played but not with bungie and that's how there going to loose fans money and 343 work people are gonna be so fed up with the BS there not going to buy the next game i know if they don't cut the crap i will sell the game and never ever buy halo again its ridiculous the -blam!- they punish us for when it was there fault it the first place its like your mother steals a cookie that she made from the cookie jar and you get slapped for it i know that i hate bungie because of this they wasted the wrong persons time so if it don't see changes i'm going to stop playing and buying halo and tell every person i know to never buy a game made by bungie again if 343 gets halo in there hands if people are still playing it by then hopefully they'll do a much better job than bungie my gamer tag is "Sp*****er B****y"
:lol

My god, the language of the stupid is mind-breaking. I feel like I lost brain cells just by attempting to read that.

edit: holy crap at the post count. 0_o

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dani said:
Surely you jest?

:lol

Case and point. :lol

Shake Appeal said:
Stop whining about Armor Lock, we get it. And especially stop doing it in the wrong place at the wrong time when Bungie employees are actually checking in to see what they can do to improve other aspects of the game.

If you can't see why I posted what I did, where I did, then I don't know what to tell you. I even admitted I probably made a mistake.

I'm not just whining about armor lock, whining would be bitching without giving alternatives to fix it, which I did a page or two ago.

If you have something better to discuss, I'm all ears.

Shake Appeal said:
morelikealienshutup.jpg

Stop posting so much, Tashi.

Azar

If everyone else stops posting, will there eventually be a page of alienshogun talking to himself about armor lock? So I ponder.

Dani said:
Surely you jest?

And this is why I joined NeoGAF.

Trying to talk about Halo on Bungie's boards becomes heart-breakingly stupid as soon as someone replies to you. I'm going to guess the crux of that guy's argument is that, because Bungie cannot remove the desire to cheat from every single human's mind it is "there" fault that people abuse the game/matchmaking and therefore Bungie has no right to take any sort of punitive action.

Awesome.

Edited for @Alienshogun: there's no way anybody here could think that you could write something like that. No way.

I'm a lurker when I have only 30post right? RIGHT? Except AL I really like the Halo: Reach MP. I haven't really to complaint about the maps(except The Cage sometimes).

Bregmann Roche said:
And this is why I joined NeoGAF.

Trying to talk about Halo on Bungie's boards becomes heart-breakingly stupid as soon as someone replies to you. I'm going to guess the crux of that guy's argument is that, because Bungie cannot remove the desire to cheat from every single human's mind it is "there" fault that people abuse the game/matchmaking and therefore Bungie has no right to take any sort of punitive action.

Awesome.
I luagh hard everytime when I'm reading the ingame-message: Join our really mature board.(or something smiliar).

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Dani said:
Leahy and Eliis? Win.

Unfortunately Brian's actually took a sick...errr Cataclys...yeah sick day. So no Leahy for you. Though I'm more than happy to go in-depth with the titanic donging I handed him during the Noble Map Pack media day. :D

I was on Bungie.net around the release of Halo 2, I just couldn't last long in there. I heard some of the most amazingly stupid stuff there. I think my favorite was a huge thread all about how bungie had coded Halo 2 to make you suck on alternating days, in order to make it artificially addictive.

My second favorite was the extended, painful metaphor about Halo:CE and Halo 2 as nightclubs. Including the lipsot drink that would get you drunk in three shots at the Halo CE nightclub. Just amazing stuff now that I think about it.

Miggytronz

Devolution said:
Challenges, like achievements, also encourage people to play like assholes just to get them. Granted some people play like assholes regardless, but god I really hate how some achievements/challenges don't really help matters.

Calm down.

Willeth

Dax01 said:
I wonder if Bungie can fix the scoreboard glitch without a title update. You know the one I'm talking about: it says you have more/less kills than you actually have.
I've pointed this out before, but everyone's been talking about other stuff and maybe missed it. The extra kills you get on that screen are the occupied vehicles you've destroyed.

In ODST, when you'd kill an occupied Wraith, you'd get a triple kill, and a double for a Banshee. Doesn't happen in Reach, but there's something in the bnet code or the game code that still counts it as a kill afterward, even though it doesn't in-game.

feel

electricpirate said:
I think my favorite was a huge thread all about how bungie had coded Halo 2 to make you suck on alternating days, in order to make it artificially addictive.
Interesting theory, I usually suck less at halo every other day indeed. I wonder if those posters are still alive? If the buninjas got to them, they might have been on to something.

Hypertrooper said:
I luagh hard everytime when I'm reading the ingame-message: Join our really mature board.(or something smiliar).
To be fair though, there really is a thread every once in awhile that is very interesting and fun to read about either the fiction or gameplay.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
lybertyboy said:
Unfortunately Brian's actually took a sick...errr Cataclys...yeah sick day. So no Leahy for you. Though I'm more than happy to go in-depth with the titanic donging I handed him during the Noble Map Pack media day. :D

I'm all ears (and legs).

monsterpicture.JPG

WJD

Major Williams said:
The more I play them, the more I enjoy them, so yeah.

The achievements are fun and frustrating to get. (See DMR achievement....)

Lovely. Another couple of map packs to filter out the rubbish and Reach will be my go-to multiplayer game again.

WJD said:
Lovely. Another couple of map packs to filter out the rubbish and Reach will be my go-to multiplayer game again.
Yep. None of my buddies I usually play with were online last night so I threw in BLOPS first. I did well, but it was just.... boring, iono.

I threw in Reach on the Noble Map Pack playlist and had twice as much fun.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
lybertyboy said:

Oh that's a bummer. Garnett and Jeff aren't Halo multiplayer guys.

Striker

The only thing I think would work fine for AL is just only allowing two uses/pulses per slot. Then make it cool-down. You don't need to completely nerf it by removing the turnaround function, allowing Sword and bullets to pierce, and whatever else. What would the point in using it if it's worthless?

vatstep said:
And if not Rocketfight, it's Sniperfight (AKA fuelrodfight). I can't remember the last time I played vanilla FF in MM.
That's why I dislike going into Firefight MM by myself. I know I am stepping into Sniperfight, which, like you said, turns into a Fuel Rod Zone, or Rocketfight. People are scared of getting challenged in games anymore. Pick the easiest gametype and go. Thing is, the last time I did play was Sniperfight at Beachhead, and they died at least a dozen times a piece. I know I died about twice, and I actually went into the battlefield. Would love it if Bungie could somehow allow 2 or 3 person parties to enter a Firefight MM game with no randoms.

Major Williams said:
The more I play them, the more I enjoy them, so yeah.

The achievements are fun and frustrating to get. (See DMR achievement....)

I thought DMR might be a pain but turns out it's a joke, just do SWAT on Boardwalk and shoot someone from one side to the other (which always happens at the start of the match) and bloop! Wish I knew that when I was going for it (got mine at Hem. shooting out of a cave across the map) but I was playing SWAT last night with a buddy and he got it right at the start of our match. Color me surprised.

The only two I think will be a pain are Rocket Race (no one ever votes for it) and the double from the grave (would be easy with Elite slayer if people couldn't choose armor lock). Anyone have a reliable strategy for the latter?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Striker said:
The only thing I think would work fine for AL is just only allowing two uses/pulses per slot. Then make it cool-down. You don't need to completely nerf it by removing the turnaround function, allowing Sword and bullets to pierce, and whatever else. What would the point in using it if it's worthless?

Stopping vehicles, grenades, and rockets would hardly make it worthless, especially in BTB, which is my main point.

It shouldn't be a "time out" ability where nothing can kill you, it completely breaks infantry combat and as I said before, the more people who use it, the worse the effect is.

Self Induced said:
I just don't understand why these pictures exist.

Wtf?!?

I only need to get the Breakpoint achievement and I've have all of 'em again. Does your team need to set off the bomb or does it have to be you specifically?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

zumphry

Banned
ShinAmano said:
Yeah the Hero and his General brigade pretty much bent us over. :lol

Ugh. Don't remind me.

At least the excuse we had was kinda appropriate "We only lost 'cause we were awed by the beauty of the map." :lol

Self Induced said:
I just don't understand why these pictures exist.

halo-master-chief_full.jpg

At first I was like "Oh cool, Soulblighter is knifing the Chief." Then I noticed the TMZ mark and the high heels. O_O

Lothars

Alienshogun said:
It's definitely more accurate, the circle on the inside is tighter, and it blooms much less.

It's not unrelated, it's an issue with those game types. Armor lock breaks infantry combat, which is a part of all of those game types.

I will say it again Armor lock doesn't break infantry combat, some fixes would make sense but it's not breaking the game.

Edit: and the bullets affect it, I think would actually make armor lock fairly useless if not completely useless.

Top Bottom