• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

More codes, eh. Everyone's going to have the mappack already, rate they're throwing them out of the door.

If I managed to snag one, I'd probably throw up some panorama's tomorrow. The way things are going now, it seems like I'll have to wait a while.

This method of code distribution is sort of wacky. I'm a big Halo fan, but I'm in classes and at work so I can't sit on Twitter and F5 all day. Life isn't fair, but still, wish there was a different way to pass out these freebies.

CyReN

Genesis Knight said:
This method of code distribution is sort of wacky. I'm a big Halo fan, but I'm in classes and at work so I can't sit on Twitter and F5 all day. Life isn't fair, but still, wish there was a different way to pass out these freebies.

Someone last page posted a site that was giving out for posting your gt and twitter. I did that in Halo 3 and got a map pack. Had to post a story about halo with you in it. I did one where cops showed up to a lan I was holding with friends.

Plywood said:
Yeah, fuck. :|

Sorry.

Miggytronz

*F5*......

vander-crying.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Karl2177 said:
Try using a different browser, I wonder if it's tied to your cookies.
Just tried, it seems it's tied to either the IP or the account. I'm gonna make a new account to see if that's the case.

Ive been F5ing that page for the last 16 minuites. (congrats by the way Oozer) This sucks because I wont have access to a computer till the evening and I bet ill miss out on the giveaways. :(

I miss the days when competitions weren't all twitter based.

Alright, I'm trying that StickSkills giveaway. I feel I have better luck with that than with other Twitter giveaways.

I have no problem with waiting for tomorrow for the maps. My only deal is that I can't really afford them right now :lol

Alright lets try and set up Defiant Customs right now, if not we can just do regular MM or Customs

Add me if you have the Defiant Maps (Lurkers welcome, just mention your from GAF)

GT - Devin Olsen

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
bobs99 ... said:
I miss the days when everyone had to wait until release day.

Fixed.

Also, 17 MP games is a lot of Halo for one day. Is there any chance they can combine the games played challenges to include FF since it's listed under matchmaking? I never understood why they were separated like that. Of course there are numerous issues that I don't understand in Reach anyway.

Urk - You still haven't detailed how Rocket Hog Race came to be. I was forced to play my 2nd game of RHR ever, and I spent half of the game trying to figure out what the hell was going on because of all of the flipping and super slow walking to a hog that is rolling away from me 5x faster than I can run to it. It's bad enough that it uses rocket hogs, but the mines take it from "could have been fun" to "I want to slit my wrists." Is Bungie changing the formula from 30 seconds of fun over and over to 15 minutes of boredom now that JG is gone?

JonCha

Devin Olsen said:
Alright lets try and set up Defiant Customs right now, if not we can just do regular MM or Customs

Add me if you have the Defiant Maps (Lurkers welcome, just mention your from GAF)

GT - Devin Olsen

Will be joining if you open it up to regular customs.

GhaleonEB

Just finished writing a review of sorts of Unearthed. I'll post it tonight when I can hopefully add the clips and pictures from b.net it needs to be fleshed out.

Bottom line: best vehicle map for Firefight, and also the best infantry map for Fireifight. At the same time. It slices, and dices, even though there are a few rough edges.

CyReN said:
Someone last page posted a site that was giving out for posting your gt and twitter. I did that in Halo 3 and got a map pack. Had to post a story about halo with you in it. I did one where cops showed up to a lan I was holding with friends.

Sorry.

Did you post that on MLGpro w/pics? I think I remember that.

I'm going to go ahead and support MS, Bungie and all by paying my 800 MSP. I honestly think spare codes should go to those who can't even afford the map packs and have to scrounge around and save up just to buy a video game in the first place (i.e. college kids).

It's not me on my soap box, just an FYI for those who are desperate for codes when you have 4000MSP sitting in your XBL account.

For all of you who aren't getting gifted by friends in high places, for those who are stressing out on the F5 key like myself, here's a good song to keep calm.

Major Williams said:
I'm going to go ahead and support MS, Bungie and all by paying my 800 MSP. I honestly think spare codes should go to those who can't even afford the map packs and have to scrounge around and save up just to buy a video game in the first place (i.e. college kids).

It's not me on my soap box, just an FYI for those who are desperate for codes when you have 4000MSP sitting in your XBL account.

College kid, right here. :^) But I'll still pay for it if I don't get a code.

Major Williams said:

While there's truth in this, I have exactly 780 MSP sitting in my account and I made a new year's resolution not to buy any games in 2011, so I'm now having to debate whether purchasing a points card counts as buying a 'game'. :p

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Man, nothing was worse than when I was SURE that I actually was on time for the Halo Waypoint Twitter giveaway, entered it on Xbox.com and everything loaded up except for the message that it was already used, refreshed again and then it turned out that it was - it ridiculous how fast the codes went, damnit.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Shake Appeal said:
While there's truth in this, I have exactly 780 MSP sitting in my account and I made a new year's resolution not to buy any games in 2011, so I'm now having to debate whether purchasing a points card counts as buying a 'game'. :p

Isn't there MS Rewards where you can get 20 MSP for doing a survey?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Major Williams said:
I have 120MSP. So I'm short 680 and tight on money anyway, I'll likely buy if I absolutely have to though.

Dani said:
Isn't there MS Rewards where you can get 20 MSP for doing a survey?
I don't think MS Rewards is available in Ireland, but I'd be happy if someone proved me wrong.

Otherwise I'll probably just go back to writing my novel. :D

Shake Appeal said:

Is there a way to transfer MS points?

Louis Wu said:
If you're tired of F5'ing Twitter, swing by HBO - we've got a bunch of codes we're giving away to folks who score high on an old Flash game.

http://halo.bungie.org/misc/flash_pelican/

You've got about 4 and a half hours until we close the entries, and pick the winners.

Edit: lol Dani

I know you don't know me, and I honestly don't really know you.

But right now, I feel an honest connection. Something real. Tangible.

lol

Shake Appeal said:
I don't think MS Rewards is available in Ireland, but I'd be happy if someone proved me wrong.

Otherwise I'll probably just go back to writing my novel. :D
That's something I need to start working on, too. I'm a college student, too, and I'm already thinking about writing a novel. Heck, I even have an entire universe planned out. I'm such a nerd. :lol

Been thinking about 'greasing my wheels' by writing something Halo-related first, though. I even have a pretty cool story in mind.

Shake Appeal said:
"Got It. Now Give Us about 36 Hours to Set Up Your Rewards Account."

<3 u, Microsoft

I have tried that rewards scheme and filled out a few surveys, they say they will deposit 60 MS points into my account, but its said that for a while. (maybe even about 3 months). I also haven't received the points I should have got for using Sky player. So while its worth trying the rewards scheme, don't rely on it! It would be good if it works out for you though, 20MS points being the difference is annoying.

Top Bottom