• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Hey You said:
Nope, I'm in the same boat.
You have extra room in your boat? My life-jacket is pretty waterlogged.

I'd try my luck on HBO, but my crappy-ass work computer doesn't have flash. :-/
Tomorrow can't come soon enough

I have a serious technical problem with Halo Reach. I am constantly unable to party up with my only two real-life friends that play this game. I can jump into the party with anyone else on my friends list, but not these two guys. When I select their names, Join Party and Party Details are grayed out. It says they must be experiencing a network disturbance. They have no problems playing with each other.

I've tried resetting my modem, and all of our connections are good with NAT open and everything. This has been a problem for months and it's really bumming me out. I just want to play Halo with my friends :(

Can anyone help?

O D I N

Willeth said:
Man, I've been gorging on Rooster Teeth media for the last month or so. I always kind of knew them as 'those dudes who did RvB and that achievement thing.' Turns out they make consistently great things in addition to that!

I completely agree. I loved their mini series with FEAR.

They have some good stuff, like Achievement HORSE, that series where they test 'real life to video game' scenarios, etc. The comics on their website's not too bad either.

Louis Wu

Mojo said:
Hmm, the Flash game isn't loading for me, I think I have the latest Flash. Doubt I'd get in the top 100 anyway lol
I don't think it's a 'latest' thing - that game was written in 2002. :)

My guess is, you've got internet restrictions on or something.

A27_StarWolf said:
Do we have to be a member on HBO.
Nope. Anyone can play. Just be sure to use a name on the final screen, and give us an email address and gamertag when prompted. (If you're not prompted, it's because you didn't use a name on the final screen. :) )

Kujo

Louis Wu said:
I don't think it's a 'latest' thing - that game was written in 2002. :)

My guess is, you've got internet restrictions on or something.
Actually had Flash 10, updated it to 10.2 and it worked, looks like that .2 made a difference. Doesn't matter because I can't even seem to finish the first level lol

Louis Wu

Plywood said:
Just got through the entirety of Level 1 and only scored 1860 yet the highest score has 1863.

Wat.
So the deal is, you get points for how long you've been flying. Let's say there's a straight segment that's long enough to give you 100 points, flying straight through the middle. If you fly in a serpentine manner, top to bottom, you might get 110 points for the same segment.

We maintained a high score list when this game was first released, but had to remove it because the server that was hosting HBO couldn't keep up with the database entries (it kept crashing). I've got 3500 entries or so saved, though, and so I went back and looked at the scores folks were getting then. The LOWEST high score on any level was 1865. The highest (on Level 1) was 1881. So you can do better than 1860. :)

Not sure who that group was that was running those Defiant Customs, but my oh my were they bad.

AR start, 16 player, Armor Lock on Condemned.

3u2L8.jpg

Alright. The gauntlet is being thrown down. I am 90% sure nothing will come up tonight for me, so I'll be hosting Defiant customs tonight. I should be on any time after 7.

Be there or be square.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Louis Wu said:
So the deal is, you get points for how long you've been flying. Let's say there's a straight segment that's long enough to give you 100 points, flying straight through the middle. If you fly in a serpentine manner, top to bottom, you might get 110 points for the same segment.

We maintained a high score list when this game was first released, but had to remove it because the server that was hosting HBO couldn't keep up with the database entries (it kept crashing). I've got 3500 entries or so saved, though, and so I went back and looked at the scores folks were getting then. The LOWEST high score on any level was 1865. The highest (on Level 1) was 1881. So you can do better than 1860. :)
Wow that seems, uhm... really hard. I'm gonna give it a go every now and then, maybe win a code for another Gaffer.

Also just some more reminders:

http://twitter.com/VeroHime will be giving out codes, hasn't the past hour however Oozer did win the first one.

StickSkills is giving out 5 codes, you just have to tweet a message and post on there forums your GT and twitter.

Once again thank you to the person who gave me a code, you blessed bald person you.

edit: Hitmonchan is beasting it on the leaderboards, jeez wow.

I'll be down for some Defiant customs tonight, I can get on around 7pm EST.
I'd also be up for some Classic testing, been wanting to try that one out.

Had a blast at Pax, I'll probably do a detailed writeup, but the TLDR version:
- 343i people are amazingly friendly.
- I had some of the best Halo conversations ever... and in person!

Oozer3993

Devin Olsen said:
Not sure who that group was that was running those Defiant Customs, but my oh my were they bad.

AR start, 16 player, Armor Lock on Condemned.

3u2L8.jpg

Yeah, that was not fun. So much Armor Lock.

Dax01 said:
Alright. The gauntlet is being thrown down. I am 90% sure nothing will come up tonight for me, so I'll be hosting Defiant customs tonight. I should be on any time after 7.

Be there or be square.

I'm so there.

Louis Wu

Hitmonchan107 said:
I'll only post my score if gets higher than what I have now. Sorry.
I added some clarification at the top of the scores page to explain how winners will be chosen. Hitmonchan107 might be dominating the VIEWABLE high-score list... but when it's time to pick winners, all but his highest score will be tossed - so two other people will also win, even though they can't see how they're doing right now.

Louis Wu said:
I added some clarification at the top of the scores page to explain how winners will be chosen. Hitmonchan107 might be dominating the VIEWABLE high-score list... but when it's time to pick winners, all but his highest score will be tossed - so two other people will also win, even though they can't see how they're doing right now.

Is there anyway you can delete my non-top scores?

Hey You said:
I think he gave his last one to oozer.

Thanks for the Heads up. Lets hope its truly random and a newbie on their forums has a chance :p
She tweeted earlier, that she have a bag of codes. Have patience. :) I hope she will ask question about the fiction again.

Hey guys! Sounds like the weekend held some great Defiant games. I had to slip in Score attack games on Unearthed between hanging with my family. Greatest ever. Is there any chance of getting access to Defiant Fileshare content before tomorrow?

Havok

Being in the middle of midterm hell prepping for med school has its advantages; namely, zero motivation to try for codes!

Hey You

Hypertrooper said:
She tweeted earlier, that she have a bag of codes. Have patience. :) I hope she will ask question about the fiction again.
Oops, some reason I mixed "First" with "Last". I r stoopid.

I hope most of these sites saying they have the codes, actually do.

The Lamonster said:
I have a serious technical problem with Halo Reach. I am constantly unable to party up with my only two real-life friends that play this game. I can jump into the party with anyone else on my friends list, but not these two guys. When I select their names, Join Party and Party Details are grayed out. It says they must be experiencing a network disturbance. They have no problems playing with each other.

I've tried resetting my modem, and all of our connections are good with NAT open and everything. This has been a problem for months and it's really bumming me out. I just want to play Halo with my friends :(

Can anyone help?
Damn, every time I post about this it gets ignored! I can't find anything on the internet about this specific issue either. Yet there's a huge thread in Gaming about how a kid was banned from the Dragon Age 2 forums and now he can't play the game. I didn't even do anything to get banned and I still can't play my favorite console game with my friends and no one can help. FML.

Top Bottom