• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

MrBig

CyReN said:
TWO PART QUESTION: 1) What year did I. redivivus enter our galaxy? 2) name five versions of it that did NOT appear in any of the games.

Really...
Fancy name for the flood. I answered 16 seconds after the first guy.

CyReN said:
TWO PART QUESTION: 1) What year did I. redivivus enter our galaxy? 2) name five versions of it that did NOT appear in any of the games.

Really...

Gah I assumed that the question wasn't going to go up till 10PM. Rage at stupid websites getting timezones wrong.

CyReN

bobs99 ... said:
Gah I assumed that the question wasn't going to go up till 10PM. Rage at stupid websites getting timezones wrong.

Question was tough anyway, I assume only people who read Halo cryptum would know?

Answers in top post.

Doesn't look like he's giving out anymore. I'm going to be unfollowing so many people tomorrow after the maps come out..

zlatko

Banned
CyReN said:
Answers in top post.

Doesn't look like he's giving out anymore.

The weird thing is he mentioned he was giving out CODES plural. >_>

Edit: 1 more tomorrow? I think I just got trolled by a Halo artist. Touche. :(

CyReN said:
Answers in top post.

Doesn't look like he's giving out anymore. I'm going to be unfollowing so many people tomorrow after the maps come out..

That totally sucks, I would have googled Inferi redivivus and probably got the answer stupidly quick. I really hate that one website that told me 2PM PST was 10PM GMT.

GhaleonEB said:
Unfortunately, those photos have the mother of all NDA's attached to them.

Does this mean Frankie has candid
incriminating
photos of you?
Or does it mean Frankie will tell your mother if you break the NDA?

:p

neoism

Barrow Roll said:
:lol

Didn't Halo CE have invincible vehicles? Anyways, what I meant was something along the lines of vehicle health being tied to player health instead of just getting ass raped. So in a sense they would be invincible until the player died.

Perhaps my memory is poor but I seem to recall my Warthog looking like a burning turd but still chuggin along in H2 as long as I wasn't dead.
yes It also had the BEST warthog.... ever.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Account Attempt #4 said:
Sorry to ask again, but am I to assume that the Defiant content in file shares won't be available until the maps hit the marketplace? Does anyone have a line on this?

Still embargoed today. On sale tomorrow. So...

I'd say it's safe to assume unless told otherwise.

neoism

Pennybags said:
I already know I'm going to love Highlands, so how do you feel about Condemned's low-G section? Is it conducive to the overall map flow like Anchor 9's outside area, or does it feel closer to Zealot's separated space (shudder)?
Same with me... Highlands will be my favorite map for sure. I'm worried about Condemned though, that it my play like Anchor 9. I really fill indifferent to that map. I've never had a good game on it. I dislike the low-gav part of the map too. I hate how the bottom isn't as wide as the middle were the rockets spawn.. I die so much from that. :/

neoism said:
Same with me... Highlands will be my favorite map for sure. I'm worried about Condemned though, that it my play like Anchor 9. I really fill indifferent to that map. I've never had a good game on it. I dislike the low-gav part of the map too. I hate how the bottom isn't as wide as the middle were the rockets spawn.. I die so much from that. :/

I played a handful of games on Condemned in the Reach tournament at Pax yesterday... I really think that it's the first map to get the low-grav section right for competive play.

1. You don't have to go in there if you don't want to. My team actually tried our best to stay out of that deathtrap and move around the edges (usually settling on the room with the large window and glass balcony).

2. It's a gamble going in, but there is the reward of grabbing the rockets as well as moving across the map faster.

3. Most importantly, the low-grav area won't turn into a hiding/camping spot like it is in Zealot. The lack of true shield doors really helps this.

Striker

The zero-grav area in Anchor 9 doesn't hurt it one bit. It's an excellent CTF map. Haven't got Slayer it on much yet, nor Assault. But so far what I've played in actual Team Objective it's really good. Not sure why there's a select few here acting like it's bad.

Ramirez

Striker said:
The zero-grav area in Anchor 9 doesn't hurt it one bit. It's an excellent CTF map. Haven't got Slayer it on much yet, nor Assault. But so far what I've played in actual Team Objective it's really good. Not sure why there's a select few here acting like it's bad.

It's playable, but I wish the other side was just a mirror of the inside, zero g doesn't really add anything to the gameplay. I do love spawning on the outside bridge, taking a step and falling off though, usually happens twice a game, heh.

Karl2177

oddworld18 said:
since no one answered my query:

First person to QUOTE ME and add a REPLY IN HAIKU form (5-7-5) wins a DEFIANT CODE

no twitter required :)
Haikus are easy.
But sometimes they don't make sense.
Refridgerator.

EDIT:Damn, slow.
EDIT2: Super damn, I read that as post a haiku.

MrBig

oddworld18 said:
since no one answered my query:

First person to QUOTE ME and add a REPLY IN HAIKU form (5-7-5) wins a DEFIANT CODE

no twitter required :)
Hey dont be alarmed
just keep calm and armorlock
your way to winning

Dax wins, I guess. I'm a little hesitant since he already had one, but he was honest about it at least :p

PM incoming, courtesy of the classy chaps (and dames) at 343i

just want to add: MrBig's haiku is awesome

Hey You

Dax01 said:
I love you a lot.
Give me a Defiant code.
This is for a friend.
Now people are taking chances from other Gaffers for friends? That's lame.

If they aren't on Gaf, then they should be outta luck.

Dax01 said:
Oh, he is on GAF. He just lurks a lot and is at school at the moment. Mr M33.

not really in the spirit of the competition, but i didn't specify otherwise, so it's yours. i hope you pay that one forward in the future, though, for karma's sake.

oddworld18 said:
not really in the spirit of the competition, but i didn't specify otherwise, so it's yours. i hope you pay that one forward in the future, though, for karma's sake.
Nah dude. I was wrong for doing that. Give it to Karl, he deserves it.

Edit: My apologies to everyone. This one friend in particular is my life-long friend and he kind of makes me feel guilty that I get codes and he doesn't. My mistake. Again, I apologize.

Pennybags

It's been an hour, I give up on the pelican game.

I was nearly finished with level 4, but I accidentally touched the scrollpad of this laptop and sabotaged myself.

Hrmph.

Dax01 said:

Edit: My apologies to everyone. This one friend in particular is my life-long friend and he kind of makes me feel guilty that I get codes and he doesn't. My mistake. Again, I apologize.

Dax: growing up before halogaf's eyes, one day at a time :D

Hey You

Dax01 said:

Thank you for your honestly and doing the right thing Dax.

neoism

Pennybags said:
It's been an hour, I give up on the pelican game.

I was nearly finished with level 4, but I accidentally touched the scrollpad of this laptop and sabotaged myself.

Hrmph.
Damn, an hour, don't feel bad, I quit after about 5 minutes lol :p
Also good goin Dax...:p if any codes are givin away in the thread,they should stay in the thread.

Ramirez

Well, the defiant download stalls at 99% every time and tells me it can't download it. What gives?

Some things are not meant to be it would seem, lol.

neoism said:
Damn, an hour, don't feel bad, I quit after about 5 minutes lol :p
Also good goin Dax...:p if any codes are givin away in the thread,they should stay in the thread.

Try two! I finally hit the top score though :)

My Halogaf introduction:

Lurked this thread for a long time, since the release of the second part of the mythic map pack when people were posting sandbox forgemaps causing me to salivate...yea.

the (belated) junior quiz:

BR/DMR
Fav Halo 2 map: sanctuary
Halo 3 map: Construct
Highest Halo 3 rank: 50 in snipes

Finally, It's taken the best part of a year to get approved so it feels an absolute privilege to post (though I won't be posting much at the moment as my dissertation is due).

Also, much love to Tashi and his stream!

thee henery said:
Try two! I finally hit the top score though :)

My Halogaf introduction:

Lurked this thread for a long time, since the release of the second part of the mythic map pack when people were posting sandbox forgemaps causing me to salivate...yea.

the (belated) junior quiz:

BR/DMR
Fav Halo 2 map: sanctuary
Halo 3 map: Construct
Highest Halo 3 rank: 50 in snipes

Finally, It's taken the best part of a year to get approved so it feels an absolute privilege to post (though I won't be posting much at the moment as my dissertation is due).

Also, much love to Tashi and his stream!

All hail Tashi's glorious stream!

goldenshower.gif
lol

Repgnar

The top scores for the flash game are like ebay bids. I have top three in two different levels but I don't want to stop in case someone squeezes out that one more point. Little over 20 minutes to go right?

Top Bottom