• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

CyReN

Hey You said:
*Crosses fingers so hard that they start to bleed*

If I don't win this it will be the worse birthday since I got lost at Chuck E. Cheese's when I was 8. Good luck to you also.

edit: I lost.

Butane123

To anyone who got a Defiant code, did anyone else have problems downloading the map pack? I've tried 3 times (was told that deleting legendary stuff and noble pack fixed this), and every time, it gets to 99%, pauses, and then tells me I can't download it. I know several other people who are having this problem, and was wondering if anyone knew of a way to fix it.

Repgnar

Butane123 said:
To anyone who got a Defiant code, did anyone else have problems downloading the map pack? I've tried 3 times (was told that deleting legendary stuff and noble pack fixed this), and every time, it gets to 99%, pauses, and then tells me I can't download it. I know several other people who are having this problem, and was wondering if anyone knew of a way to fix it.

I just got one from the HBO contest and i'm going through the same thing. First download stopped at 99% and said I couldn't download it. I've deleted it and currently redownloading it, this time it's going much slower but I don't think that's going to fix it. Looking at the 343 forums, some people brought up the Noble map pack and legendary content being part of the problem.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Tashi0106 said:
I'm about to watch the Heat vs Spurs. I'll get on after.

d347U.jpg

Karl2177

Butane123 said:
I'm getting this too.

Ramirez said:
Coco told me they were doing some last minute updates for the release tomorrow, so that might be why we can't d/l them right now.
Any info on when it'll be remedied?

Dax01 said:
Welp, can't say I didn't try. Thanks to Merguson and Oozer for that one game on Condemned. Lol. If anyone has better luck, I'm up for any games.

Heh, my download is at 96%

Anxiously waiting to see if it passes 99%

EDIT:
Fail! "Can't download this item."
I have the Noble pack, but not the Legendary content. Guess I can try deleting Noble and re-downloading...

Oozer3993

A27 Tawpgun said:
So, does everyone have to delete Noble to make Defiant work? Or is it just some weird bug or something?+

They are sitting beside each other is wondrous harmony for me. It's like Ebony and Ivory in my map list.

A27 Tawpgun said:
So, does everyone have to delete Noble to make Defiant work? Or is it just some weird bug or something?+
If you have Bungie Pro, delete the "Bungie Pro Confirmation" instead of the Noble map pack. It doesn't do anything.

Stinkles

A27 Tawpgun said:

You don't have to delete Noble to make Defiant work. The easiest and safest thing to do is to delete your Bungie Pro confirmation (it won't affect your Bungie Pro stuff, it's just a graphical receipt) and it should work. This ONLY affects folks who got the early codes and have Bungie Pro subscriptions. The normal map pack will go out at 2am PST without any such shenanigans.

If, for some reason you want to redownload in the wee small hours, your free code will still work.

Also, if for some reason you are trying to re-download Defiant, but you already downloaded it, you're going to have to wait until 2am PST, same as everyone else. Apologies to the folks caught in this brief, yet erotic interlude.

Stackboy

Went on last night, thinking the new map pack had been released whilst I was away on a long weekend. Found out it's not out till Thursday here in Australia. Boo-uuurns.

I could make armour lock jokes, but I think I hate Twitter so much more at the moment. Someone needs to bring out a classic internet playlist where competitions are run the old school way. HBO is one of the only places that actually had a competition which wasnt twitter based.

I dont know if you you guys are aware, I started the whole twitter competition movement.

Tawpgun

OuterWorldVoice said:
You don't have to delete Noble to make Defiant work. The easiest and safest thing to do is to delete your Bungie Pro confirmation (it won't affect your Bungie Pro stuff, it's just a graphical receipt) and it should work. This ONLY affects folks who got the early codes and have Bungie Pro subscriptions. The normal map pack will go out at 2am PST without any such shenanigans.

If, for some reason you want to redownload in the wee small hours, your free code will still work.

Also, if for some reason you are trying to re-download Defiant, but you already downloaded it, you're going to have to wait until 2am PST, same as everyone else. Apologies to the folks caught in this brief, yet erotic interlude.
Well, good to know I probably won't have to deal with these shenanigans...

OuterWorldVoice said:

So those of us who have a Defiant code early, yet aren't subscribers to Bungie Pro have to wait until 2 a.m. PST to re-download the maps?

Tawpgun

It would seemingly take less effort (no need to type code down) to put a picture of the code up instead.

56k users get punished for lagging up haloz, scripters can't do anything.

Karl2177

theAntagonist said:
So those of us who have a Defiant code early, yet aren't subscribers to Bungie Pro have to wait until 2 a.m. PST to re-download the maps?
And are we going to have to redownload the first 99% again?

Stinkles

theAntagonist said:

You don't have to redownload them to use them today, if you already downloaded.

Toddler

A27 Tawpgun said:
It would seemingly take less effort (no need to type code down) to put a picture of the code up instead.

56k users get punished for lagging up haloz, scripters can't do anything.
I've seen a few people do that. Thought it as a good idea.

OuterWorldVoice said:

Hmm, didn't think I had Bungie Pro... unless you count that window where it was free.

The closest thing I found in my Reach saves was "Bonus Marketplace Content". But since I already tried downloading Defiant and it failed I guess I'm stuck until 2am?

I can live with that.

Gui_PT

Well, since I barely have time to play anymore, I decided to stop trying to get all the dailies.

It was going to happen sooner or later, but it's nice quitting and knowing I got all challenges since the game came out. A streak of 714 challenges isn't too shabby, if I may say so myself :lol

Gui_PT said:
Well, since I barely have time to play anymore, I decided to stop trying to get all the dailies.

It was going to happen sooner or later, but it's nice quitting and knowing I got all challenges since the game came out. A streak of 714 challenges isn't too shabby, if I may say so myself :lol
<3

You have been a warrior sir, seeing you post as you got them or ask for assistance (mostly offer it), should be damn proud.

MrBig

I'm going to dl the maps when I wake up tomorrow so I don't have to deal with terrible download times when I get home. Theres a setting for the xbox to turn off after it finishes dling stuff right?

Pennybags

Gui_PT said:

Holy cow! Did you do them all yourself, or did you ever let someone fill in while you were out on business, etc.?

Gui_PT

Zeouterlimits said:
<3

You have been a warrior sir, seeing you post as you got them or ask for assistance (mostly offer it), should be damn proud.

Many thanks, good sir! And thank you to everyone who helped me.

Surely, the ladies will love that I was able to accomplish such a task, no?

Btw, why we no party up no more?(I am aware of how poorly written this sentence is)

Pennybags said:
Holy cow! Did you do them all yourself, or did you ever let someone fill in while you were out on business, etc.?

I got them all myself, legit.
Sometimes a few of us GAFfers would party up, which helped a lot.

Kujo

Gui_PT said:

Nice going, I lasted for about 350.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Gui_PT said:

You everyday since release:

YNdud.jpg

vhfive

MrBig said:
I'm going to dl the maps when I wake up tomorrow so I don't have to deal with terrible download times when I get home. Theres a setting for the xbox to turn off after it finishes dling stuff right?
yup I downloaded the maps while I was sleeping last night.

OuterWorldVoice said:
You don't have to redownload them to use them today, if you already downloaded.
I'm stuck at 99%. Does that mean it's already downloaded and I have to wait until tomorrow? I can't find any bungie pro digital receipt to delete, so now I'm all old and confused.

Top Bottom