• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Trying to win codes has me frusturated to say the least. I feel bad for anyone following me on twitter because it has been filled with endless retweets in an effort to win codes. Nothing is worse on twitter than a bunch of retweets that you don't care about.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
cool_dude_2049 said:
I beat the 2nd level of the Pelican game twice and I got 1855 both times.

Why are the high scores 10+ more points than that?
Score is based on how long your flying, so there are ways to fly up and down longer to increase the score.
Louis Wu said:
So the deal is, you get points for how long you've been flying. Let's say there's a straight segment that's long enough to give you 100 points, flying straight through the middle. If you fly in a serpentine manner, top to bottom, you might get 110 points for the same segment.

And checking the scores again, Hitmonchan is just too godly.

Striker

Ramirez said:
It's playable, but I wish the other side was just a mirror of the inside, zero g doesn't really add anything to the gameplay. I do love spawning on the outside bridge, taking a step and falling off though, usually happens twice a game, heh.
Well, that's Bungle being Bungle. :p

I haven't had any bad problems with the shield doors, which is surprising considering the awfulness we endured for it in Halo 3.

Screw that. I kept getting distracted by others while I was playing anyone. I'm too frustrated from days of not winning codes and other things to play that game over and over. Not like it matters anymore since the deadline is over.

Dax01 said:
Alright. It's 7 PMish. Time to get some customs going. I'm online and ready to roll with anyone willing and able.

Downloading the maps right now (slowly), I'll send you a message when it's done.

GT: xx DD xx

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
ncsuDuncan said:
Downloading the maps right now (slowly), I'll send you a message when it's done.

LOL, they downloaded surprisingly fast before the PAX East tournament yesterday. Good job in that by the way. You guys made it pretty darn far.

Miggytronz

Kibbles said:
Just got home, any code giveaways anywhere?
memes-you-write-bitch-haiku-show-her-you-have-writing-skills-bitches-love-haikus.jpg

Kujo

Gave up with the Pelican flash game, always was just a few points away. On the plus side, my Pelican driving skills improved substantialy

Willeth

Striker said:
Well, that's Bungle being Bungle. :p

I haven't had any bad problems with the shield doors, which is surprising considering the awfulness we endured for it in Halo 3.
Well, Halo 3's doors were designed for the 'hold the territory' style gameplay, right? It devolved into shotgun/sword baiting on both Epitaph and Snowbound, but they still worked really well for that on-the-fly strategic ducking and diving that Halo works so well with. On Anchor 9, that's what they're used for again, but it's wide open enough to prevent the shotgunner being able to sit and protect his entire team. On Condemned, they're entirely aesthetic.

Basically, removing them entirely from Epitaph and Snowbound was a bit of a kludge. It was reacting to an unforeseen problem, and it fixed it, but at the cost of removing something awesome, too. Luckily there were no shield doors that were expressly designed to restrict sniper LOS, otherwise there would have been problems removing them without breaking the map further. When designing Reach maps, you can clearly see that learning has been put into action - emphasising the good points of shield doors and minimising the problems.

Willeth

If anyone's rolling Defiant customs in an hour or so fire me an invite. I'd love to play some before I have to go away on a top-secret mission tomorrow.

Willeth said:
If anyone's rolling Defiant customs in an hour or so fire me an invite. I'd love to play some before I have to go away on a top-secret mission tomorrow.
Send me a message and I'll invite you. GT's same as my username.

Oozer3993

Dax01 said:
Does anyone have a download link for the classic settings? Or a post link?

These are the latest I've seen:

Dani said:
The Classic we're all talking about exists only as a Custom Gametype for the moment. These are the settings;

Player Speed 120%
Jump Height 125%
Player Gravity 150%
Damage Modifier 110%
Melee Modifier 75%
Damage Resistance 100%
Shield Recharge Rate 110%
Health Recharge Rate 110%

NOF posted them as the settings to be used in a Classic playlist that should be coming next month but the exact settings are subject to change. Right now we're giving them a try, last HaloGAF Customs for example used only these settings and tried some Classic Slayer, Bomb and Flag on some community made remakes we found.

So I checked in a bunch of places but got different answers at each, how many hours do I have till its 7pm EST? I must get 8 more points to get on the top of the table lol.

@oozer: thanks
bobs99 ... said:
So I checked in a bunch of places but got different answers at each, how many hours do I have till its 7pm EST? I must get 8 more points to get on the top of the table lol.
It's about a half hour past 7pm EST. :p

So the "Classified Content" I put in my file share this morning has been removed... I didn't realize the embargo was still up for such media even though the YT videos and such are making the rounds. I'll try again tomorrow with screens and clips I guess. Hopefully it didn't offend anyone at Bnet. I seriously just wanted to procrastinate at work and watch back some Unearthed carnage. Sorry don't hurt me!

lybertyboy said:
LOL, they downloaded surprisingly fast before the PAX East tournament yesterday. Good job in that by the way. You guys made it pretty darn far.

Heh, thanks. That was the most fun I've had playing Reach in a while. Nothing compares to a good, close match in a friendly competitive atmosphere.

Wish I could have stuck around longer for more Boston shenanigans, but I had to go hop on a plane (and lean my seat back as far as possible).

halo.bungie.org said:
Fly to Win Winners
Our winners from the Fly to Win contest have been notified, with their codes - congrats to:

Level 1: Hitmonchan107, dCon V, ANUBIS x MT
Level 2: SPECLAFRYRICE, Shuntup, theUnjust
Level 3: chris101b, windupharlequin, Pfhrogblast
Level 4: TacoPizzaHunter, Dmorr07, tinytim3501
Level 5: the henery, NartFOpc, Swiftsure

Thanks, Wu! I'm addicted to that game, yet I never want to play it again. lol

Willeth

Dax01 said:
Send me a message and I'll invite you. GT's same as my username.
Thanks dude. Having said that, I might not turn up - need to be in bed in the next hour and a half and I'm still working. Have fun though.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Thanks, Wu! I'm addicted to that game, yet I never want to play it again. lol

I too was able to snag myself a code from the Fly to Win contest. Thank you Wu for giving out these codes. I'm downloading the maps now! Can't wait to take these maps for a spin.

I may try to join you all in some Custom games a little later on.

I need to download the maps, but if you guys are still playing when it's done I'll join for a few rounds.

I'm off to get groceries. My refrigerator looks like I just bought it from the store. Cheers!

Devin Olsen said:
Not sure who that group was that was running those Defiant Customs, but my oh my were they bad.

AR start, 16 player, Armor Lock on Condemned.

I agree, whoever it was, they sure were a shitty host, and why fuck did it take him 10 years to start the game? also after you left he did infection on highlands, thats when i left.

For anyone downloading the maps right now – What's the file size of your download? I ask because I'm trying to hook up with another dude who downloaded the maps just a couple of seconds ago, and whenever we try to play together, the game will tell one of us "player failed to load content."

Repgnar

Dax01 said:
For anyone downloading the maps right now – What's the file size of your download? I ask because I'm trying to hook up with another dude who downloaded the maps just a couple of seconds ago, and whenever we try to play together, the game will tell one of us "player failed to load content."

Says 437.87 MB for me.

It took quite a bit of time at 99% then said it can't download the map pack. Not able to use the code until tomorrow?

Hey You

'Grats fellow gaffers.

Now that means less competition for codes on the interwebz

Edit: Alot of the Avatars from that one Bungie All Stars contest are now available for use on BNet.

I haven't had XBL Gold in months, so I was never able to participate in Firefight Arcade. Since I'm stuck with "offline" firefight mode, I was wondering if it were possible to download Firefight Arcade settings from Bungie.net or somewhere?

I just can't seem to find a preprogrammed Firefight mode that I really enjoy. I just want to fight a mix of enemy units at the same time, but Score Attack has waves of identical unit types and classic Firefight is way too long. I just want something that lasts as long as Score Attack but has a mix of enemies. Any modes that I should try out? Or is there any way to download Arcade settings and play them?

Thanks.

Dmorr07 said:
Says 437.87 MB for me.

It took quite a bit of time at 99% then said it can't download the map pack. Not able to use the code until tomorrow?
Ram was having the same problem. The dude I'm trying to get in custom games said he had to download a file size that was 692 MB.

Dmorr07 said:
Says 437.87 MB for me.

My download also struggled at 99% and then failed to download. Not sure why it's happening, or what we can do to fix this.

Dax01 said:
@oozer: thanks

It's about a half hour past 7pm EST. :p

Oh lawl, me and a friend are still stressing out over it an hour later. I just needed 8 more points! If I started playing a few hours ago im sure I would have done it. Darn.

Congrats to the winners, that game was amazingly fun.

Ramirez

Coco told me they were doing some last minute updates for the release tomorrow, so that might be why we can't d/l them right now.

Top Bottom