• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Gui_PT said:
Well, since I barely have time to play anymore, I decided to stop trying to get all the dailies.

It was going to happen sooner or later, but it's nice quitting and knowing I got all challenges since the game came out. A streak of 714 challenges isn't too shabby, if I may say so myself :lol
This new Gui isn't the man I knew. Do not like.

Gui_PT

Plywood said:
You everyday since release:

YNdud.jpg

:lol Exactly

Sometimes I'd be in tears by the end of the day. But totally worth it.

Barrow Roll said:
This new Gui isn't the man I knew. Do not like.

It's k. I'll still be a whore on weekends

Karl2177

squidhands said:
I'm stuck at 99%. Does that mean it's already downloaded and I have to wait until tomorrow? I can't find any bungie pro digital receipt to delete, so now I'm all old and confused.
I'm in the same boat. I'm not entirely sure, but I think we'll have to re-download them anytime after 2AM PST. Whether or not we have to re-download 1% or 100% is unknown.

Please only be 1%. *crosses fingers*

Dug

Banned
Well I didn't win lybertyboys(thank you for the chance to win though!) contest so I guess I am SOL on code giveaways. :lol

Pennybags

A27 Tawpgun said:
Anyone want to stomp matchmaking or classic customs?

I'm feeling worn out from all the code shenanigans.

I'm up for it, and I feel the same way.

Gui: Wow, utterly amazing. I definitely do not have the fortitude for that sort of thing. Was it something you set out to do, or did you just kind of went along with for kicks?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I wanna do a Defiant stream extravaganza tonight. I tried to win a code so I could give it away in my stream. I failed :(

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
squidhands said:
I'm stuck at 99%. Does that mean it's already downloaded and I have to wait until tomorrow? I can't find any bungie pro digital receipt to delete, so now I'm all old and confused.

Two different issues. You only need to delete a content item if you successfully download Defiant and can't see the maps in the in-game menu.

Oh, and Bungie.net stats are now mobile. :)

Karl2177 said:
I'm in the same boat. I'm not entirely sure, but I think we'll have to re-download them anytime after 2AM PST. Whether or not we have to re-download 1% or 100% is unknown.

Please only be 1%. *crosses fingers*
Oh well, thanks again to Wu for setting me up. Guess I'll be forging tonight.

urk said:
Two different issues. You only need to delete a content item if you successfully download Defiant and can't see the maps in the in-game menu.

Oh, and Bungie.net stats are now mobile. :)
Gotcha. I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Tawpgun

Pennybags said:

Gui: Wow, utterly amazing. I definitely do not have the fortitude for that sort of thing. Was it something you set out to do, or did you just kind of went along with for kicks?
Meh, I'm playing NFS now. Got shafted in some matchmaking games. It hurts even more after being exposed to the glory of Classic.

Kujo

Dug said:
Well I didn't win lybertyboys(thank you for the chance to win though!) contest so I guess I am SOL on code giveaways. :lol
Have all the giveaways dried up? I sucked at all the Twitter stuff

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Im_So_Pringles said:
Tashi, It says your stream was blocked! Or did you start a new one that I have to re-bookmark?
Yesss I have a new stream. I streamed the Spike VGA awards for GAF and it got too many viewers and was shut down. So, I started a new one. Justin.tv/tashiii

There's the new one. I'll let you guys know when the stream is active.

feel

lmao @ scumbag steve armor lock

Damn gui, I knew you liked your challenges, but never realized you had been getting every single one since launch :O

What's the official size of the DLC? My bro is deleting so much stuff in attempts to have enough space on our humble 20 gig hard drive... Even though it's really 15 gigs... and a lot less when you like Rock Band :lol

Also, Xbox Rewards works for me in Dublin but not my bro back in Limerick. Oh Ireland :p

Karl2177

Hydranockz said:
What's the official size of the DLC? My bro is deleting so much stuff in attempts to have enough space on our humble 20 gig hard drive... Even though it's really 15 gigs... and a lot less when you like Rock Band :lol

Also, Xbox Rewards works for me in Dublin but not my bro back in Limerick. Oh Ireland :p
438MB

Gui_PT

Barrow Roll said:
I look forward to whoring it up Defiantly and Classicly these coming weekends.

Your aid will not be forgotten my good Kanadah friend.

Pennybags said:

I didn't plan on it. But everytime I saw the challenges, it was like the game would kick me out of the room if I didn't get them.(I had no life)

Letters said:
Damn gui, I knew you liked your challenges, but never realized you had been getting every single one since launch :O

Steven_Tyler_Interracial_highfive.gif

Pennybags

It's a looong shot, but thanks for the link, Hitmonchan. Bought points already, but I'm more interested in giving a friend who only plays "that other game" these days a bit of an incentive, anyways.

Gui_PT said:
I didn't plan on it. But everytime I saw the challenges, it was like the game would kick me out of the room if I didn't get them.(I had no life)

Life is doing what you enjoy, even if it kills you.

Gui_PT said:
Your aid will not be forgotten my good Kanadah friend.

Steven_Tyler_Interracial_highfive.gif
You are a god. I was trying to keep with getting every challenge for a while. Then I tried to go for every weekly challenge when that wasn't happening. Now I'm just glad if I get a single challenge per week because of my school work. I got to get more organized :(.

Toddler

Question:

If I share an Xbox with another Live account, and he DL's the maps tomorrow, do we both get to use them? Or do we both have to DL the maps?

Toddler said:
Question:

If I share an Xbox with another Live account, and he DL's the maps tomorrow, do we both get to use them? Or do we both have to DL the maps?
Yes, but if his tag ever leaves that console, then no.

Toddler said:
Question:

I believe you get to use them, as long as he's signed in.

I used to sign in my roommate's profile with the maps (NMP), sign myself in and then sign him out.
That worked.

MrBig

Everyone on the original xbox it is downloaded to gets to play it. You only have to have him sign in if it is downloaded to another xbox or he transfers his account.

Pennybags

Hitmonchan107 said:

I used to sign in my roommate's profile with the maps (NMP), sign myself in and then sign him out.
That worked.

DLC on the console that originally downloaded it usually works for all accounts.

Hitmonchan107 said:

That worked.
You don't need to do that anymore afaik. The content should be available to all users on a console where the owner's tag is currently active. Once he redeems that somewhere else, you won't have access.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Toddler said:
Question:

The DLC gets tied to the Xbox which downloaded it(thus any GT on the Xbox at time of download can use it) but the DLC can be downloaded and used by the gamertag which actually downloaded the DLC in the first place on any Xbox.

Pennybags said:
DLC on the console that originally downloaded it usually works for all accounts.

Edit: Oh, wait. What if I had transferred my GT to my roommate's console, and my tag wasn't on it when he downloaded them. Would that be it?

blamite

Toddler said:
Question:

afaik, DLC works for any profile on the xbox it was downloaded on, and the profile that downloaded it can use it on any xbox if it's signed in.

neoism

Gui_PT said:
Well, since I barely have time to play anymore, I decided to stop trying to get all the dailies.

It was going to happen sooner or later, but it's nice quitting and knowing I got all challenges since the game came out. A streak of 714 challenges isn't too shabby, if I may say so myself :lol
crazy hardcore.
:O

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hitmonchan107 said:
Edit: Oh, wait. What if I had transferred my GT to my roommate's console, and my tag wasn't on it when he downloaded them. Would that be it?
Yes, in this case he'd have to be signed in as fair as I know. Try and see if it works.

Lazslo

Tashi0106 said:
Oooh that is sexyyy
If your talking about the Bnet mobil picture- That's Tashi level of Sniper kills bro, I should try out for Team Jesus, I hear they are looking for new dongers.

GhaleonEB

So bungie.net is updating screenshots taken from Unearthed now, so I assume that content is okay to post.

The odd thing is, the two film clips I put in file share were not there just now. So I go into the game, and upload the clips again, and I get an "transfer failed" message, followed by a message that "this content is can not be used with the current version of the game".

What does that mean? I'm able to pull the videos up in the Theater and view them okay.

Top Bottom