• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

To anyone wanting to play the Defiant Map Pack between 5 a.m. and 7 a.m. Tuesday morning (this morning? later?), send me a PM with your gamertag. I'll invite you when I wake up.

Karl2177 said:
To anyone who has re-downloaded their 691.43 MB file, did you have to re-download all 691M or did you only have to re-DL the stuff that wasn't in the original 400MB package?

It's redownloading the entire thing for me.

PNut

Banned
After the last 20 pages you'd think a new game or a beta invite was being released tomorrow.

Why are there only 3 achievements with this new map pack?

zlatko

Banned
Devin Olsen said:
I need to ask, because it terrifies me each time I see it.

What in the hell is your avatar of? Did you really used to have that much hair?

Same question. What the hell is YOUR avatar of? It looks like the kind of guy who'd drive around an elementary school in an ice cream truck with a mattress in the back.

GhaleonEB

Cocopjojo said:
It means you need to re-download the current package. Sorry, some code stuffs changed or something.
So I need to re-download the maps in order to put films in my file share? If I do that, will I be able to watch films from the current version? I can play on them, watch the films, but not put them in file share?

I ask because I finally got my first legit, non-Target Locator Killionaire in Score Attack matchmaking (all DMR rounds). And I wanted to save that for posterity. You're saying I can't save it or render it on b.net at all?

*sob*

Lazslo

The Universe does not want me to download these maps tonight. Thanks to everyone who tried to help- I will see you battlebros tomorrow though with a bunch of Victory Crotch™.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Well I've uploaded the entire 1 hour 10 second Classic settings Multi Flag affair to my fileshare if anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=15136410&player=Xenolock
Devin Olsen said:
I got on and literally watched players drop from 16 to 2 :(

Perhaps I will catch some Defiant Customs tomorrow.
I had to bail after playing straight with no break in between that, also I wanted to upload the film. GG to everyone there.

That was seriously some of the most fun I've had on Reach. I love classic settings and Highland plays great.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
We just played an hour long match on Highlands. The settings were a little off but it was pretty fucking insane. LOL

edit: Also, good games to everyone that played. Also thanks to those who were watching in the stream.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I was going to make the game time unlimited but the 60 minute limit made for a hell of a good time, despite some minor tweaks needed to both the gametype and map settings - both of which are primed and ready for the next, probably more public outing.

Karl2177

Damn, just got on even. I'll wait until tomorrow. Hopefully someone will be doing Classic customs on the Defiant maps. I'm eager to see how the settings play on default maps.

Sai-kun

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
Who are you again?

Dayum. Tunavi on suicide watch.

zIgGe.gif

So say I lost all sense of value and shelled out 800 space bucks just to get one new firefight map (thats all I want). What are my chances of getting some games going on that level?

I think I'd lose my mind entirely if I saw the level pop up only to be outvoted by matchmaking mouthbreathers. Dogs would be kicked.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Would a kind soul render this: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=15137274&player=Xenolock

As you'll see at the end of the clip I was faced with minor regret after the realization of what I had just done to my own teammate I had paused to reflect on the moment. My selfish desire to kill the opposing team had outweighed his very existence. I apologized on the mic shortly after to receive no reply from Merguson, the damage had already been done.

GhaleonEB

NullPointer said:
So say I lost all sense of value and shelled out 800 space bucks just to get one new firefight map (thats all I want). What are my chances of getting some games going on that level?

I think I'd lose my mind entirely if I saw the level pop up only to be outvoted by matchmaking mouthbreathers. Dogs would be kicked.
I'm a bit nervous on that front. Unearthed is in Score Attack right now, but it's just tossed into the mix of the other maps - you get eight voting rounds to choose from nine maps with 10 game types on each. And about 1/4 of the time, Unearthed comes up as one of those eight. I'm really hoping it's not a sign for how the map is integrated into the other Firefight playlists, purely happenstance. Because in Score Attack, I'm certain that everyone in my party has the map pack.

(That said, Unearthed is freaking amazing.)

Circle T

Plywood said:
Would a kind soul render this: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=15137274&player=Xenolock

As you'll see at the end of the clip I was faced with minor regret after the realization of what I had just done to my own teammate I had paused to reflect on the moment. My selfish desire to kill the opposing team had outweighed his very existence. I apologized on the mic shortly after to receive no reply from Merguson, the damage had already been done.
Rendering (*Edit* It says Defiant video rendering is delayed. I have it queued though.)

I have 101 minutes left, so like I said last page, if anyone has anything needing rendered, let me know. I got the minutes to burn.

Demoncarnotaur said:
Am I like the only guy here without the maps? =P

If anyone is up for some non-defiant customs, Im up for a few games. Send me an invite if so, GT my name here. As in demoncarnotaur. Not "my name here". But yeah, if anyone wants to play, haha.

I haven't got them either. There were enough giveaways I just had shitty timing. :p Im going to
have to
wait a few weeks and see what the internet says, ill probably pick them up then though, the spartan training map looks too good.

Map pack is up. Go to the Dashboard and then go to:

Featured -> Add-Ons For Your Games -> Game Add-Ons -> Halo: Reach -> ONLY UNDER NEWEST

Don't know when it will be available any other way.

EDIT: It may give you an error code. Some people on the B.net forums are having problems.

Nutter

That custom Highlands game was good, but as tashi already said, some of the gametype settings need to be fixed, and the respawn time for the weapons needs to be fixed as well.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Raide said:
Bungie, any chance we can get the Forge objects that are in the DLC maps, added to the Forgeworld Palette?

I ain't authority but I can answer that; hell no.

Tashi0106 said:
That hour long match brought me back to Halo 2. Infinite sudden deaths.

Hah! That option was actually enabled. =)

wwm0nkey

Raide said:
Bungie, any chance we can get the Forge objects that are in the DLC maps, added to the Forgeworld Palette?
To do that we would need to re-download Forgeworld.

Might as well just make a new/better forge world.

Just did a flythrough of both Highlands and Condemned.

First thought on both: OMG SKYBOXES

Both seem like they would be really fun. I can't wait to play some real matches on them!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
-Yeti said:
Just did a flythrough of both Highlands and Condemned.

First thought on both: OMG SKYBOXES

Both seem like they would be really fun. I can't wait to play some real matches on them!

Enable Pam-Cam and prepare to poop pants.

Top Bottom