• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
HiredN00bs said:
Does no one find it suspicious that the file size for the Defiant Map Pack so dramatically increased? When you consider that the 3 maps were less than 500 MB before yesterday and now they're almost 700 MB, that's enough space for an additional map (or perhaps a .map file that contains new armory items).

It's either boring file saving configurations with the final build of the Map Pack, adding a small size to each map that leads to a rather chunky additional bump compared with the previous, non-final build size or last minutes fixing of minor bugs and glitches with compatibility or some other boring, snorefest thingiemajig.

Or Frankie sneaking in rainbow armour.

Or they like to funk with people on severe bandwidth-restricted connections. Like Australians. Nobody likes them.

Hmm.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
ElzarTheBam said:
A kitten punching MMO? you sick bastard : )

Pushing boundaries, carving out a niche and grabbing tabloid headlines all at the same time. It's a rich and dynamic fusion of development and marketing.

I call it markevelopment.

HiredN00bs said:
Does no one find it suspicious that the file size for the Defiant Map Pack so dramatically increased? When you consider that the 3 maps were less than 500 MB before yesterday and now they're almost 700 MB, that's enough space for an additional map (or perhaps a .map file that contains new armory items).
There were some errors. (example: Some person were only able to play the new maps, if they deleted the Noble, Legendary or the pre-order items) I'm very happy, that 343i fixed that problem before the playlist is up.

Pennybags

Today is going to drag on...

At least 5 and a half hours until I can even download them, and the world is most certainly not my oyster right now.

More like a disgusting, useless clam.

squidhands said:
Oyster punching is where it's at, I'm cornering the market.

It's probably a hell of a lot more profitable, too.

Ordered the Onza Razer controller today after I found out about my ridiculous tax return coming. Apparently demand is higher than all the preorders so they are filling orders at Amazon by date. It says a 2-3 week wait at the moment but I suspects it will be a month or so.

Anyone looking to get one might want to go ahead and order it now.

Dani said:
It's either boring file saving configurations with the final build of the Map Pack, adding a small size to each map that leads to a rather chunky additional bump compared with the previous, non-final build size or last minutes fixing of minor bugs and glitches with compatibility or some other boring, snorefest thingiemajig.

Or Frankie sneaking in rainbow armour.

Or they like to funk with people on severe bandwidth-restricted connections. Like Australians. Nobody likes them.

Hmm.
I think they are just trying to get people like me to upgrade their 20gb hard drives. :/

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
JonCha said:
So was the armour bogus? Screenshots looked pretty conclusive.

The 343i folks denied it. It's confirmed not in Defiant. Bnet kids still believe.

Game2Death said:
I think they are just trying to get people like me to upgrade their 20gb hard drives. :/

And me, brother. Fight the good fight. Resist until the end.

Pennybags

Game2Death said:

Yeah, the storage-balancing act is quite entertaining, isn't it? Delete something to make space, and you always regret it soon afterward.

CyReN

xxjuicesxx said:
Ordered the Onza Razer controller today after I found out about my ridiculous tax return coming. Apparently demand is higher than all the preorders so they are filling orders at Amazon by date. It says a 2-3 week wait at the moment but I suspects it will be a month or so.

Anyone looking to get one might want to go ahead and order it now.

Good luck, I ordered 5 minutes after pre-orders going up on Razer site and haven't received mine, I am beyond disappointed with them. I've been talking to people that live around me about it, they've ordered hours after me with the same shipping method and got theirs last week. I emailed Razer about it and they say they don't do it in a random order. From the Amazon comments I'm hearing you can order SE now, not sure about TE.

ps: I ordered the TE btw.

Pennybags said:
Yeah, the storage-balancing act is quite entertaining, isn't it? Delete something to make space, and you always regret it soon afterward.
It sucks, I always have the game I play the most installed, then all the map packs from goty editions, and bc2 came with 1943 and I have no videos anymore. Blah.

Pennybags

Game2Death said:
It sucks, I always have the game I play the most installed, then all the map packs from goty editions, and bc2 came with 1943 and I have no videos anymore. Blah.

Look into USB storage if you haven't already. Two sticks of 16gb should do the trick. I don't have any flash drives that large, but my 4gb and 2gb sticks keep me going.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
JonCha said:
Frankie messing his word up?

He sounded tongue-tied in "that" interview. Pretty sure he was media handling all day. I'd be dribbling on the floor after such a a busy and hectic day.

Imagine answering the same questions over and over for hours on end and having to smile and be nice and polite and patient and happy. Urgh, poor dude.

feel

Wow, glad I checked gaf before I left for work. Map packs take some time to download for me and it would've sucked to be all excited to play defiant MM/customs later and fail to load the maps. Redownloading. Those map guide pics from waypoint are pretty nice and helpful too, I still don't know where most weapons are in a ton of other Reach maps, specially on the "BTB" ones.

OuterWorldVoice said:
That would be the noble thing to do.
6gbdyu.jpg

Went to turn on my xbox to download the maps and to delete the old ones only to find out that I had the latest version already downloaded. Strange. I don't remember downloading that.

Anyway, looking forward to when the playlist finally goes live.

O D I N

Is there a saved gametype somewhere for 'Classic ODST Firefight' settings?

I went back about 30 pages and failed at finding it. :-/ I thought Ghal posted something.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
O D I N said:
Is there a saved gametype somewhere for 'Classic ODST Firefight' settings?

I went back about 30 pages and failed at finding it. :-/ I thought Ghal posted something.

Reach doesn't support ODST-style Firefight, sorry. =/

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so, when the playlist goes live this morning, will we have a DLC playlist for both noble and defiant DLCs?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Sai-kun said:
I thought they were going to put it all into a DLC playlist.

and only pick the dlc maps based on who you are paired with? that should work for now, but will be interesting to see how that system will work with 1 or 2 more dlc packs available.

dc89

Hang on a moment.

I downloaded the maps like 4 hours ago or so. I come home to play them, and they don't appear in the DLC list. I went to create a custom game, using maps stored to my HDD and none of the new maps appear there either. I then read this:

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=57792396&postRepeater1-p=2

TLDR: Problem with maps, delete Bungie Pro ( I don't have it ) and re-download.

Are you actually telling me the maps are not live yet. I am getting mixed messages.

Hey You

Bungie usually updates their playlists between 9am-Noon PST.

If any of you gaffers come along some giveaways on your travels on the internetz
What are you doing on the computer, play dem haloz
I would appreciate if you posted them here.

I won't be able to get enough money till Friday to get the maps, so hopefully more places are getting codes to give out today.

Are you actually telling me the maps are not live yet. I am getting mixed messages.
They are available to download. I don't think you need to delete Bungie Pro or anything else for it to work, just re-download the maps.

I believe that problem was for the early codes.

Hey You

Imperial Hot said:
Where is the playlist?
As I stated above your post, Bungie usually adds playlists sometime between 9am and Noon. Expect it to show up in the next couple hours.

Edit: Also Halo Reach is now available on Games on Demand.

Falagard

dc89 said:
Well I deleted the maps and downloaded them again. Still not in my map list.

Guess I will have to wait this out.

This won't make you feel any better, but I bought the maps this morning, downloaded them, and was able to see them in my map list under custom games.

dc89

Hypertrooper said:
Are you bungie pro member? Delete that file.

No I'm not. I know that's the worrying thing! People on bungie.net can see the maps and I can't! What the he'll is going on!

Karl2177

dc89 said:
No I'm not. I know that's the worrying thing! People on bungie.net can see the maps and I can't! What the he'll is going on!
Either move/delete some of your other content(Noble/Legendary/Limited content)

Toddler

What's up with people still having to move/delete stuff?

I DL'd the maps in about a minute this morning and took a quick stroll around the 2 MP maps without a hitch.

dc89

This sucks.

Deleted the Noble Maps and it's made no difference. Booted the Xbox again and still no joy. I'm 800MS points later and I have nothing to show for it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
O D I N said:
I still need to see this movie. I only caught the end,
and was severely disturbed and confused.

If I were to watch that movie. I would imagine that guy saying everything in Frankie's voice. It's immediately and forever ruined for me. Or will that make it better? lol

JonCha

Devin Olsen said:
What in the holy hell... The Daily is insane.

Am I able to complete the level with deaths, and then do the revert trick to get the challenge?

You can't die. Period. If you do you have to go back to the lobby and then start the mission over again - apparently it's bugged (or perhaps not).

Me and three friends spent about a couple of hours trying to do the first section ALONE. After trying to hind behind rocks / trees for most of that time spamming ARs, we decided one person would continue to run in and destroy the turrets (which deal the most damage). That worked out well, and we got to the falcon section with no problem. Thing is, you will get destroyed at that bit. The machine guns do nothing, and if you don't kill all of the enemies the falcons decide to stop conveniently in front of all the enemies.

So yeah, not worth it. Just play a couple of Firefight games if you really want 5000 credits.

JonCha said:
You can't die. Period. If you do you have to go back to the lobby and then start the mission over again - apparently it's bugged (or perhaps not).

Me and three friends spent about a couple of hours trying to do the first section ALONE. After trying to hind behind rocks / trees for most of that time spamming ARs, we decided one person would continue to run in and destroy the turrets (which deal the most damage). That worked out well, and we got to the falcon section with no problem. Thing is, you will get destroyed at that bit. The machine guns do nothing, and if you don't kill all of the enemies the falcons decide to stop conveniently in front of all the enemies.

So yeah, not worth it. Just play a couple of Firefight games if you really want 5000 credits.
I just played through the entire level (dying and all) and then saved & quit at the last checkpoint... and then finished the game from that point without dying, and got the Daily.

JonCha

Devin Olsen said:
I just played through the entire level (dying and all) and then saved & quit at the last checkpoint... and then finished the game from that point without dying, and got the Daily.

Don't know how you managed to get the final area. Absolutely solid.

"A: Turns out that there's currently a technical issue tied to the number of Marketplace Content items you can have active for Halo: Reach at any one given time (this does not include Saved Games, Screenshots, or Saved Films). Right now, you can only have a total of three content items simultaneously active. Items that fit the bill include pre-order bonus or retailer exclusive armor, map packs, or your Bungie Pro confirmation."

Sounds like we need a title update.

Detox

The Real Napsta said:
"A: Turns out that there's currently a technical issue tied to the number of Marketplace Content items you can have active for Halo: Reach at any one given time (this does not include Saved Games, Screenshots, or Saved Films). Right now, you can only have a total of three content items simultaneously active. Items that fit the bill include pre-order bonus or retailer exclusive armor, map packs, or your Bungie Pro confirmation."

Nice one Bungle. 343 while you're at it patch out bloom or gives us the option to turn it off in custom games.

Tashi I wanted to ask you or anyone who knows, do you play in HD and cap in SD? If so how?

The Real Napsta said:

Damn. That's pretty bad.

JonCha said:

For the beginning, head to the leftmost side of the map, over the guard rail. You can keep out of range of the turrets and nail them easily with the Grenade Launcher. Just be wary of the Elite with the Concussion Rifle; if he sees you he can knock you off the edge of the cliff with a couple of shots.

But as Devin pointed out, you can do all of these 'no death' missions by just going through as normal, and save/quit at the last checkpoint.

I really wish Bungie would set up temporary challenges in the co-op Campaign playlist. I know it would be a lot of work to maintain a playlist with an extremely low population, but I can dream. I do love me that playlist.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Detox said:
Tashii I wanted to ask you or anyone who knows, do you play in HD and cap in SD? If so how?

Yes I play in HD and capture/stream in SD. You'd like to know my setup? Here, I'll break it down for you...

I'm playing on a 1680x1050 22inch Acer Monitor. It is connected to my Xbox through VGA. The VGA cable goes into a VGA converter that I purchased (~25$ on Monoprice) The VGA converter is pretty awesome except for one problem, I'll get to that problem later. It takes in the VGA signal from the Xbox and puts out another VGA signal(to my monitor) and either an S-video or RCA video (I use S-Video) which goes directly to my capture card. My capture card is a Dazzle 90 (<3 Juices) and at the time only worked on XP machines but I believe the drivers have been updated to support Vista. I'm not 100% sure. So, the one problem with the VGA converter is that it doesn't support the output resolution for my monitor(1680x1050) I have to play at a lower resolution. I'm forgetting it right now but I believe it's around 1280X720. I could be wrong. I haven't checked/changed it in a while.

I don't think I've missed anything. Hope that helped.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
dc89 said:
This sucks.

Deleted the Noble Maps and it's made no difference. Booted the Xbox again and still no joy. I'm 800MS points later and I have nothing to show for it.

Do they appear in the Forge or Custom Games lobbies?

Top Bottom