• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

blamite said:
Something odd I noticed while flying around Condemned in Forge:
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i72/GANNONSMASH/reach_15155306_Medium.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i72/GANNONSMASH/reach_15155308_Medium.jpg[/IMG
What appears to be the same moon of Reach, visible from two separate locations, on opposite of the station.
Wha?[/QUOTE]
The only way you could've have seen that extra moon is if you used pan-cam and got out of the map. The extra moon is there for some technical reason probably. You were suppose to see it from any point on the actual map.

GhaleonEB

Gui_PT said:
No. Was I supposed to do that?
Yup. Oddly, the maps are the same between the two versions, no idea why the new one is larger. But replacing it with the new version is recommended.
Mojo said:
"The second one includes redundant files to ensure consistent experience across all releases."

According to alisonst
Thanks.

HiredN00bs said:
There it is again. The perfect opportunity to say there is no armour in the game outside of the DLC, in the next year or even ever again in the lifespan of Reah... and yet... they say so little.

It's lke that ole advertising technique where one product is shown but the accessories are sold seperately. Now, say Defiant is our product and this armor or whatever is an accessory. 343i have only ever stated you do not get armour with the product.

I don't even like armour all that much :p I am just open minded. Wasn't there a time when Frankie was very tight lipped about some Halo related hapenings. What's to say that isn't the case now? :p

Dax01 said:
The only way you could've have seen that extra moon is if you used pan-cam and got out of the map. The extra moon is there for some technical reason probably. You were suppose to see it from any point on the actual map.
I can't believe I missed it when I pan-cammed out of the map. I was too busy taking dozens of pictures of Reach's burning husk. :p

Oh, if you want another weird technical glitch on Condemned, go into the central vacuum room, and look down. You should see the "blue wall"-effect that the game uses to cover up very distant parts of the world (pan-cammers will know what I'm talking about).

Also, about the 'newer version' of the maps: I couldn't even start a game with another Defiant owner when I first tried it with the older ones. The new and old versions appear to be incompatible.

feel

But why is he (and many others) being allowed into matchmaking (and specifically this playlist) with the ~400Mb version where he then inadvertently ruins it for everyone he's being matched with?

blamite

Dax01 said:
It's definitely visible without pan-cam. All you need to do is walk over to the window in the back of the generator room and look up. My random (and probably incorrect) guess is that at some point, the moon was actually supposed to be over there, but it got moved to where it is now and someone forgot to delete the old one. I dunno. I thought it was interesting, whatever the reason is.

zlatko

Banned
So I'm really excited for my copy to show up either today or tomorrow. How does playing with GAF occur? Gamertag I need to add? Certain night everyone plays together? I'm decent, but with so many months away odds are I will be sluggish for a while.

Kibbles

So Highlands =
fkbEe.png
?

blamite said:
It's definitely visible without pan-cam. All you need to do is walk over to the window in the back of the generator room and look up. My random (and probably incorrect) guess is that at some point, the moon was actually supposed to be over there, but it got moved to where it is now and someone forgot to delete the old one. I dunno. I thought it was interesting, whatever the reason is.
I stand corrected. Also, on the moon that's suppose to be there, you can see through it and the stars in the background. Somebody goofed.

Dug

Banned
zlatko said:
So I'm really excited for my copy to show up either today or tomorrow. How does playing with GAF occur? Gamertag I need to add? Certain night everyone plays together? I'm decent, but with so many months away odds are I will be sluggish for a while.
Certain Nights? Saturdays at 8 PM EST

Dax01 said:
I stand corrected. Also, on the moon that's suppose to be there, you can see through it and the stars in the background. Somebody goofed.
lw2145i.jpg

They fooled the Covenant by creating a massive fake Reach + orbiting moons! The Covenant fell for it! Even glassing all of the fake inhabi.... Oh :(

neclas

GhaleonEB said:
Right. That's why I recommended it.
lol. But in all seriousness, I was reading this thread (and threads on other sites) where everyone kept recommending to get the new version. Since I didn't see the word "require", I didn't realize they would fail to load (just figured I might have trouble with my fileshare). Ended up getting stuck playing Tempest for my first matchmade game (which made me and everyone I was playing with mad). So, I was just trying to keep things as clear as possible to hopefully avoid
getting matched with somebody that would cause
loading problems.

Account Attempt #4 said:
I kind of do, too TBH. Perhaps I'll change it back, I was messing around on Bnet and saw my old security helmet <3. I missed it and thought I'd throw it on for a while.
I'm sticking with the badass Nord. Haven't had any complaints so far, and I like it. :p

vhfive

Account Attempt #4 said:
I kind of do, too TBH. Perhaps I'll change it back, I was messing around on Bnet and saw my old security helmet <3. I missed it and thought I'd throw it on for a while.
security in Halo 3 was the shit. It's not nearly as good in Reach :(

Havok

I'm a little disappointed in the resolution of the skyboxes and background art in general. The first thing I loaded up was Highlands and instead of the crisp matte I was hoping for there was some very blurry smoke and the low LOD trees very very close to the player. After the glory of Anchor 9, the actual quality of the assets, no matter how amazing the action is, was a bit lackluster.

vhfive said:
security in Halo 3 was the shit. It's not nearly as good in Reach :(
It's not even the same helmet, lol. How can they try to pass that thing off as Security?
@ Blue Ninja, I think you're pretty much set with that Nord you're rockin. I'm in the market for one of those fancy-shmancy animated gif avvys,
although I'm not aware who started the whole animated avatar movement.
I like them.

So, I put off trying to get a code free due to wanting to actually spend money on this pack (I feel the CA and 343 guys really deserve it) and I failed to include the maps in my spending plan. :/ So I'm stuck here without the maps and all of my buds are having a good time playing them......

Haha FML, FML.

Flipyap

Didn't get to play Unearthed today. Major sadface... not that I'm surprised.
In related news, I'm starting to wonder if Glacier is a real map, or did I just imagine it.

Spasm

A27 Tawpgun said:
So.

8 v 8 Classic BTB Flag Highlands.

When is this sexiness happening?
The way Bungle manages their playlists... never.

Edit: They'll eventually make their way into BTB, but you'll hardly ever see em cause it takes only one turd not having them. If by some miracle they do show up in the vote-list, it'll be Crazy King or Head Hunter.

MrBig

Defiant customs tonight? I'm whipping up a special something on Highlands that I haven't played since Halo 3, since it hasn't been possible.

Hey You

Crap, I come back from 6 hours of hanging with Friends to 120 tweets and missed multiple code giveaways.

Looks like I missed Dominos too :/

Might just buy it off Ebay or something and let my bank account go negative for a couple of days.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Hop on Defiant playlist. Load Error. Load Error. Noble Map. Half of each team quits in protest.

Feck. =/

2 v 4 One Flag Breakpoint and feck it I quit out. So bad.

Crucio

Dani said:
Hop on Defiant playlist. Load Error. Load Error. Noble Map. Half of each team quits in protest.

Feck. =/

Wth? I wonder if its because of the early versions.

Dani said:

Feck. =/

That was happening to me earlier today, but since then I've had several full games without any hiccups. (Besides some people TK'ing me for Snipers or Rockets anyway.)

Lazslo

Condemned and Highlands are seriously great. The fill some gaps that needed attention in Matchmaking. 343i and Certain Affinity really nailed it with these two multiplayer maps; Maybe they're just new, but they both feel very polished and well-thought out, every weapon seems to be located exactly it should be. On a side-note: It's kinda strange and funny that people had to Re-download DLC that Certain Affinity produced because I remember there being issues with the Blastacular DLC for Halo-2 in which a re-download had to be pushed out. It's no knock on CA, it wasn't their fault- It's just ironic and interesting.

Blueblur1

Dani said:

Feck. =/
This just happened to me. :mad:

If the maps load fine in the Custom game menu, then I'm not the problematic one, right?

Oozer3993

Blueblur1 said:

If the maps load fine in the Custom game menu, then I'm not the problematic one, right?

Not necessarily. Quit to the dashboard and check the size of the map pack. If it's 438MB (or thereabouts), you need to delete it and redownload. If it's 693MB (or thereabouts), you're fine and it IS some one else.

Is there anyway to guarantee that a ghost will spawn in Firefight? I'm trying to come up with a Firefight gametype for Unearthed with as many vehicles as possible.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Blueblur1 said:

What Oozer said. =)

Managed to play a decent Highlands game afterwards and soothed the soul.

Tawpgun

Bungie.net said:
5000cR Awarded
L.D. Spear

Complete Tip of the Spear, without dying, on Legendary with Mythic, Thunderstorm, Tilt, and Tough Luck on.

Challenge Completed

Good god. Even with save and quit method, jesus.

Lingitiz

Is it worth getting back into this game for the new maps? Want to start playing again but don't want to drop 800 points on the pack and quit in frustration a day or two later. Felt a bit of buyers remorse with the noble pack cause everyone just votes breakpoint invasion almost everytime.

GhaleonEB

Oozer3993 said:
Is there anyway to guarantee that a ghost will spawn in Firefight? I'm trying to come up with a Firefight gametype for Unearthed with as many vehicles as possible.
No. When Hazards are enabled, it means certain elements will appear at random each wave. Drop pods, vehicles (Wraiths and Ghosts) and Jackal snipers are the Hazards on Unearthed. It's luck of the draw what you get when.

Oozer3993

GhaleonEB said:
No. When Hazards are enabled, it means certain elements will appear at random each wave. Drop pods, vehicles (Wraiths and Ghosts) and Jackal snipers are the Hazards on Unearthed. It's luck of the draw what you get when.

Oozer am sad :( I wonder if there's any way to add some refinement of the hazards option in a title update *cough cough*

A27 Tawpgun said:
Good god. Even with save and quit method, jesus.

Tell me about it. The part at the second AA gun with two Wraiths, a Hunter pair, and assorted cannon fodder was ridiculous. It just ain't fittin' when a jackal can take 3 direct shots from a Revenant and still sneer back at me.

Lingitiz said:
Is it worth getting back into this game for the new maps? Want to start playing again but don't want to drop 800 points on the pack and quit in frustration a day or two later. Felt a bit of buyers remorse with the noble pack cause everyone just votes breakpoint invasion almost everytime.
No invasion maps in this one :p

Lingitiz

Hydranockz said:
No invasion maps in this one :p
Well I actually love invasion it just got really repetitive to be playing the same thing over and over. BTB slayer on breakpoint was terrible with the banshees as well. Will there be a dedicated playlist for unearthed?

Top Bottom