• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Falagard

GhaleonEB said:
I load the maps just fine, I re-downloaded them this morning and then played a custom game on Unearthed.

In the third game in the Defiant playlist where someone has a map load failure.

Game 1: BTB Snipers on Tempest

Game 2: Elite Slayer on Breakpoint

Game 3: I'm ejected from the party after four rounds of map load failures. Game starts without me.

Just to be clear, the solution for load failure is to delete the map pack from a USB storage device and only have it on the hard drive? I want to be able to scream instructions at people when the load failure occurs.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
BTB Slayer on Highlands with 2 quitters on my team, 1 on theirs, and a dude on my team who went 1-22 and had a betrayal for 0 points. Every game. Every fucking game. Ugh.

blamite

Is it just me, or is the Defiant playlist giving out unusually high Game Completion credits? I've gotten like 3000 cR from it for a few games in a row.

GhaleonEB said:
I load the maps just fine, I re-downloaded them this morning and then played a custom game on Unearthed.

In the third game in the Defiant playlist where someone has a map load failure.

Game 1: BTB Snipers on Tempest

Game 2: Elite Slayer on Breakpoint

Game 3: I'm ejected from the party after four rounds of map load failures. Game starts without me.
Well then...if it's because some people have downloaded the 400 MB version, the word needs to be put out that people need to have the 600 MB version.

krakov

Got a perfection on my first Highlands game in Matchmaking, so I give it a thumbs up. Really though, what's up with the weapon respawns? I'm guessing the map allows for at least 4 snipes and rockets each? seems a bit much.

So has anyone here done a gamertag name change? I'm thinking I'll spend the 800 msp I saved by getting a Defiant code on that.

"xx DD xx" -> "ncsuDuncan"

This doesn't mess up your Service Record on B.net or anything, right? I don't care about what gamertag is listed on my old File Share stuff.

EDIT: Also, it looks like @DavidEllis will be graciously giving out another Defiant code on Twitter. Get to it, GAF!

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
Well then...if it's because some people have downloaded the 400 MB version, the word needs to be put out that people need to have the 600 MB version.
Yeah this is just weird. I went back into memory and checked, and I had both versions downloaded, even though I'd deleted the 400 meg version. Very curious why 200 megs were added to the download even though no content changed.

Got a game going on Highlands now, matched against a full clan that's rocking us. I'm hiding under some stairs.

Also, to everyone who was talking about how 343i was going to come along and address all of the map configuration and playlist problems they had with Bungie's arrangements, the Spartan Laser on Highland says 'hi'. I just can't wrap my head around that one. (Or the map, for that matter, but I'll save that for later.)

Kujo

ncsuDuncan said:
This doesn't mess up your Service Record on B.net or anything, right? I don't care about what gamertag is listed on my old File Share stuff.
Should be fine I'd say. But I'd also tell you to buy a good 800msp arcade title instead :p

GhaleonEB said:
Yeah this is just weird. I went back into memory and checked, and I had both versions downloaded, even though I'd deleted the 400 meg version. Very curious why 200 megs were added to the download even though no content changed.

Got a game going on Highlands now, matched against a full clan that's rocking us.
I'm hiding under some stairs.

Also, to everyone who was talking about how 343i was going to come along and address all of the map configuration and playlist problems they had with Bungie's arrangements, the Spartan Laser on Highland says 'hi'. I just can't wrap my head around that one. (Or the map, for that matter, but I'll save that for later.)
:lol

From the games I played of Highlands in custom, and the one game in matchmaking I played, the laser wasn't that much a problem. It's not just highlands.

Mojo said:
Should be fine I'd say. But I'd also tell you to buy a good 800msp arcade title instead :p

Well I've been wanting to change it for years. I just previously wanted something with "DD" in the name since that was what I used to destroy my friends in Halo CE LAN parties. (DD = my initials)

I was young and foolish, and the "xx" border caught me at a vulnerable time.

Now that I can set my Service Tag to "DD" I'd like to have my gamertag match my NeoGAF name (as well as my Gmail account and my "Duncan" name on HBO).

As for the 800 msp, I can part with it more easily having gotten Defiant for free. And I don't need an Arcade game if all I play is Halo! (Unless there were *cough* a Halo XBLA game *cough*)

blamite

krakov said:
Got a perfection on my first Highlands game in Matchmaking, so I give it a thumbs up. Really though, what's up with the weapon respawns? I'm guessing the map allows for at least 4 snipes and rockets each? seems a bit much.
At one point I saw two lasers out at the same time. :/

Kujo

ncsuDuncan said:
I was young and foolish, and the "xx" border caught me at a vulnerable time.
Anyone who uses 'xx' should have to keep it as a mark of shame :p

Otherwise I don't believe you'll have any problems with B.net service record.

I wonder how many times I can F5 twitter before they stop me..

Mojo said:
Anyone who uses 'xx' should have to keep it as a mark of shame :p

Otherwise I don't believe you'll have any problems with B.net service record.

I wonder how many times I can F5 twitter before they stop me..

OOOH - who should I be following on twitter? :p

By the way be careful when changing gamertag, I heard it causes you to lose your Halo 2 Bnet stats. (although you probably wont care about those now anyway)

Kibbles

Is GameStop going to have a Defiant Map Pack code you can buy for $10, like the Noble codes? I'd rather not spend $20 on points to get this... although I do need the Noble Map Pack still, but I don't got the money to throw around and I'd rather have the Defiant Map Pack.

bobs99 ... said:
OOOH - who should I be following on twitter? :p

By the way be careful when changing gamertag, I heard it causes you to lose your Halo 2 Bnet stats. (although you probably wont care about those now anyway)

Hmmm, now THAT is something to consider. I don't care about the actual stats, but I hope it doesn't clear my history with the game (e.g. my Reach nameplate). I don't want Bungie to forget that I've been with them since H2!

btw, it looks like @VeroHime will be giving a code away in 10 minutes. (as in 5:00 EST)

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Kibbles said:
Is GameStop going to have like a Defiant Map Pack code you can buy for $10? I'd rather not spend $20 on points to get this... although I do need the Noble Map Pack still, but I don't got the money to throw around and I'd rather have the Defiant Map Pack.

Yeah they do. I just bought 10 to give out
in addition to Homefront.

;)

My suggestion to improve Highlands is to switch the Rocket Launchers at each base with Grenade Launchers, and to place a Rocket Launcher in the downed Pelican. That way you would still have anti-vehicle measures inside the bases, but I think the 'turtling' would be greatly reduced with only one Rocket Launcher and it being in the middle of the map. Other than that, I think the map works pretty well. The Laser is questionable, but I think it's impact is lessened since it only has four shots and each team has access to Sniper Rifles.

Crucio

I don't think it changes your satus for Halo 2, I changed my GT recently I'm sure nothing was erased.
However does Bnet even have Halo 2 stats anymore?

Domino, you're so generous. Good man!

theAntagonist said:
My suggestion to improve Highlands is to switch the Rocket Launchers at each base with Grenade Launchers, and to place a Rocket Launcher in the downed Pelican. That way you would still have anti-vehicle measures inside the bases, but I think the 'turtling' would be greatly reduced with only one Rocket Launcher and it being in the middle of the map. Other than that, I think the map works pretty well. The Laser is questionable, but I think it's impact is lessened since it only has four shots and each team has access to Sniper Rifles.
I don't think having more than one Pro Pipe™ on the map would bode well for vehicle combat.

neclas

Kibbles said:
Is GameStop going to have a Defiant Map Pack code you can buy for $10, like the Noble codes? I'd rather not spend $20 on points to get this...
You can buy points on xbox.com in packages of 400 and 800....

(edit: unless the credit card thing is a problem, though you didn't mention that.)

Dug

Banned
Mojo said:
Oh gosh I think Twitter blocked me out trying to get a code
I've been trying to get a code and I've been f5ing a lot, but I never got locked out. Maybe you kept on reloading a little too much?

witness

Great maps, great. Really well designed. Though I couldn't get into a game on the new FF map =( Do you just find it in any of the firefight playlists?

Dax01 said:
I don't think having more than one Pro Pipe™ on the map would bode well for vehicle combat.

Haha yeah, but the Rockets are pretty powerful, especially against attacking teams in CTF and Assault, and seem to always be present. I don't know... maybe just have one clip of ammo in the Rockets and increase their respawn time? As it stands, there are seven anti-vehicle weapons on the map if you count the Snipers. Maybe having two Grenade Launchers would be somewhat detrimental to vehicular combat, but I think it'd help attacking infantry push into the bases, yet still give defenders a (somewhat) potent Area of Effect anti-vehicle weapon.

Domino Theory said:
PMz. Same goes to Cuban Legend.
Ok, you are officially a whole next level of awesome. I was expecting to have to solve a trivia question or be put into a random drawing or something.

You need a high five BROMANGO! /internethighfive

Toddler

rockrock.gif
Domino
rockrock.gif

Kibbles

ncsuDuncan said:
btw, it looks like @VeroHime will be giving a code away in 10 minutes. (as in 5:00 EST)
"Next question in 15 minutes!"
Tweeted: "40 minutes ago". No new tweets. =\

I'm going to stick around for a while see if I can win a code from one of the 343 people tweeting out codes. I'll watch everyone else gobble up codes from Oprah Domino :p I don't feel right considering I don't play enough Reach to justify asking for a code from someone who bought it. I'd rather see them go to people who play a ton.

There are too many power weapons on Highland. Or that the weapon at every base. Take the spartan laser and plasma launcher out, put a RocketLauncher at the Propipe spawn. And I do not know what Bungie/343i should do with the sniper.

Nuborn

Map load faliures made the game go from BTB slayer in highlands to Multi CTF on the same map, with it being 6v3. The other team have held their base quite well until I managed to get their warthog.

Also, 16 players stockpile on condemned? Are you having a laugh?

Kibbles said:
"Next question in 15 minutes!"
Tweeted: "40 minutes ago". No new tweets. =\

I'm going to stick around for a while see if I can win a code from one of the 343 people tweeting out codes. I'll watch everyone else gobble up codes from Oprah Domino :p I don't feel right considering I don't play enough Reach to justify asking for a code from someone who bought it. I'd rather see them go to people who play a ton.

You may want to also try your hand at writing Haikus - @thevowel is giving a code to the best Halo haiku submitted before 3PM (Seattle time?).

Also looks like @VeroHime JUST posted a trivia question from the comics.

zlatko

Banned
I still need a code if anyone has one. :( Would even be willing to trade some codes for other games I have like MvC3 character DLC codes and Dragon Age 2 Isaac Clarke armor codes. :)

Top Bottom