• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Anyone on? Too lazy to check bungie.net but I want to play Reach with some folks.

I hate playing MM alone. My trueskill is lulzy and I hate talking on mic with randoms since I'm a woman.

Anyway for those who don't have my tag it's: "i devolution i".

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tashi0106 said:
I just hit the jackpot! Wooohooooooo!!!

I wish it was real :/

It is real, SPACEBUCKS HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Devolution said:
Anyone on? Too lazy to check bungie.net but I want to play Reach with some folks.

I hate playing MM alone. My trueskill is lulzy and I hate talking on mic with randoms since I'm a woman.

Anyway for those who don't have my tag it's: "i devolution i".

FR sent, I'll be on in a little bit.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Devolution said:
Seriously when someone has feedback/echo issues and I hear myself, I cringe.

Eh, if you want we can just do party chat. Don't worry, I'm not a creeper, I'm 30 and married with a kid, I feel bad for women on XBL because of what you just said, and because people instantly turn creepy when they find out a woman is in game.

Zayne you getting on?

Alienshogun said:
Eh, if you want we can just do party chat. Don't worry, I'm not a creeper, I'm 30 and married with a kid, I feel bad for women on XBL because of what you just said, and because people instantly turn creepy when they find out a woman is in game.

Zayne you getting on?

Team and Party was literally the best thing to ever happen for me, use that shit all of the time now.

Yeah I've gotten the creepers, the misogynists, and little kids who actually use the "c" word at me. It's ridiculous.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Devolution said:
Team and Party was literally the best thing to ever happen for me, use that shit all of the time now.

Yeah I've gotten the creepers, the misogynists, and little kids who actually use the "c" word at me. It's ridiculous.

Not surprising at all, gimme about 10 minutes and I'll get on till my wife kicks me off. :lol

Sai-kun

Banned
Shake Appeal said:
On the subject of NSFW Halo, y'all are forgetting this gem...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11034400&postcount=50617

wowpng.jpg

Shake Appeal said:

shypng.jpg

zumphry

Banned
Alienshogun said:

Zayne you getting on?

I'm always creepy. It's part of my "charm".

And no, probably not getting on.

goldenpp72

Hey guys, what is the general (if any) trend for halo and map pack pricing? Do they go free or go on sale routinely? I want the noble map pack but don't want to drop 10 bucks on 3 maps -_-

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
God damn I hate losing. Match against Pros, APG and Soldier 187 go negative and fucking Tizoxic goes fucking positive 18. We lost by 3. RAAAAAAAAGE

Tashi0106 said:
God damn I hate losing. Match against Pros, APG and Soldier 187 go negative and fucking Tizoxic goes fucking positive 18. We lost by 3. RAAAAAAAAGE

Heard that.

I don't play alone cause I'll go up against a coordinated pro group, and my random team mates will try to use ARs no matter what range it is.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
goldenpp72 said:
Hey guys, what is the general (if any) trend for halo and map pack pricing? Do they go free or go on sale routinely? I want the noble map pack but don't want to drop 10 bucks on 3 maps -_-

Map packs continue to sell months and years after release, so despite the Halo 2 maps and the first Halo 3 DLC going free, that trend has stopped. Special sales are unlikely this year or the next.

What might happen; the map pack may get a discount of a few hundred points.... in a year or two's time. It is also possible that we'll see a disc at retail with multiple (all?) potential future and current DLC on it. That disc, if it happens, won't be free.

In short, pay now or pay later. Otherwise you'll be waiting years to get them at a slightly lower price. If you buy them now, you'll get more use out of them for a longer period of time, thus increasing the potential "value" (playtime) you get from your purchase.

Dani said:
Map packs continue to sell months and years after release, so despite the Halo 2 maps and the first Halo 3 DLC going free, that trend has stopped. Special sales are unlikely this year or the next.

What might happen; the map pack may get a discount of a few hundred points.... in a year or two's time. It is also possible that we'll see a disc at retail with multiple (all?) potential future and current DLC on it. That disc, if it happens, won't be free.

In short, pay now or pay later. Otherwise you'll be waiting years to get them at a slightly lower price. If you buy them now, you'll get more use out of them for a longer period of time, thus increasing the potential "value" (playtime) you get from your purchase.

The less map packs you buy, at least with past Halos, the more you get locked out of games as well from what I recall, won't feel bad I'm totally wrong about this. Eventually the "dlc" now becomes integrated into the normal playlists. Might as well get them now and play them while the population of the game is high too.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Devolution said:
The less map packs you buy, at least with past Halos, the more you get locked out of games as well from what I recall, won't feel bad I'm totally wrong about this. Eventually the "dlc" now becomes integrated into the normal playlists. Might as well get them now and play them while the population of the game is high too.
turk645longnightofsolac.jpg

Kuroyume

Banned
Dani said:

Years? More like in a few months...

Hey You

Devolution said:
The maps are already integrated into the normal playlists....

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Devolution said:
Heard that.

I don't play alone cause I'll go up against a coordinated pro group, and my random team mates will try to use ARs no matter what range it is.

I mean, I like going in with a party of 4 and matching a party of 4. The competition is the best like that. If I could run 4's and match a party of 4 everytime, I would.

Hey You said:
The maps are already integrated into the normal playlists....

What I meant was when I played in h2, if you didn't have the maps, you weren't even allowed in the playlist. I guess in Reach they aren't being that mean about it.

Striker

Devolution said:
What I meant was when I played in h2, if you didn't have the maps, you weren't even allowed in the playlist. I guess in Reach they aren't being that mean about it.
Halo 2 maps went free so there was no reason you couldn't have them.

Reach isn't forcing players to have them in order to play, which they did for Halo 3.

Striker said:
Halo 2 maps went free so there was no reason you couldn't have them.

No they weren't. Not at first. If you didn't get them right away you were locked out of playlists. So my point was, he should get them while there are tons of people currently playing. But Reach is a bit different, like Breakpoint is in invasion but everyone, even those without DLC, can get in that playlist.

Devolution said:
I hate how live makes it sound like I'm a 12 yr old boy ;_;.

You honestly don't sound like a 12 year old boy :lol I could tell instantly that you were a woman at least.

But yeah, I always figured party chat was a godsend to females on Halo. Was almost impossible to find a decent group on H2 when playing with a mic'd female. Damn anonymous punks.

timetokill said:
But yeah, I always figured party chat was a godsend to females on Halo. Was almost impossible to find a decent group on H2 when playing with a mic'd female. Damn anonymous punks.

My favorite is still "GO MAKE ME A SANDWICH."

My name is unisex for that very reason though. I used to be in an all girl's gaming clan so my name had the clan tag in it but I just wanted to play Halo, not be involved in drama. Drama found me anyway though, funny how that happens. I said "f that" and left. This was years ago though.

Top Bottom