• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
GhaleonEB said:
Eh. Jerks are everywhere.

It's one of the reasons I have team mate chat only enabled when I roll through multiplayer.
Since the moment I had discovered that feature I have not let go of it. I do not miss the voices of random live players.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Plywood said:
Since the moment I had discovered that feature I have not let go of it. I do not miss the voices of random live players.

I keep it turned on so I can hear proximity chat; it's saved my ass countless times.

zumphry

Banned
Plywood said:

I seriously get a kick of hearing my teammates randomly yelling at silence.

And yelling out what seem to be the same sludge of comments to the other team, just to stop mid sentence to say "Hi."

Other team probably wants to report me under the reason of "Lost his goddamned Marbles".:lol

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
since we are on the topic of voice chat... what setting do i need to change so that if i am in a party i dont hear everyone else too? i'm not sure what happened to start this, but midway through my career of halo 3 it switched. i've checked the xbox system settings, and halo's settings, but they dont seem to address my issue.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Plywood said:

Is that only in game or is it for pre game and post game as well?

For the MLG playlist I like to hear all players before and after the game but I don't want to mute them and then unmute so I don't hear them in the middle of the game. I don't want anyone to hear the callouts but I still want to trash talk :p

Gui_PT

ZayneH said:
I seriously get a kick of hearing my teammates randomly yelling at silence.

And yelling out what seem to be the same sludge of comments to the other team, just to stop mid sentence to say "Hi."

Other team probably wants to report me under the reason of "Lost his goddamned Marbles".:lol

I'd love to try that out. Could you tell me where to enable the option?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Alienshogun said:
I keep it turned on so I can hear proximity chat; it's saved my ass countless times.
From my Halo 3 experience people mostly used it to shit talk and I don't care for people's shit talking. So muted they go. Hasn't steered me wrong.
op_ivy said:
since we are on the topic of voice chat... what setting do i need to change so that if i am in a party i dont hear everyone else too? i'm not sure what happened to start this, but midway through my career of halo 3 it switched. i've checked the xbox system settings, and halo's settings, but they dont seem to address my issue.
IIRC, there is only team mate chat, not friend chat, which will include people in your party and people on your team.
Tashi0106 said:
Is that only in game or is it for pre game and post game as well?

For the MLG playlist I like to hear all players before and after the game but I don't want to mute them and then unmute so I don't hear them in the middle of the game. I don't want anyone to hear the callouts but I still want to trash talk :p
It's everywhere game. So you'd have to switch it back and forth if you really wanted to go through the hassle.

op_ivy

Plywood said:
IIRC, there is only team mate chat, not friend chat, which will include people in your party and people on your team.

my understanding of party chat is that when its active, it overrides everything else. when i do party chat with friends i STILL hear people not in our party. its VERY annoying and i cant seem to fix it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
op_ivy said:
my understanding of party chat is that when its active, it overrides everything else. when i do party chat with friends i STILL hear people not in our party. its VERY annoying and i cant seem to fix it.

You talking about in game?

If so, turn off proximity chat. (I think there is an option for that)

Proximity chat works different than chat, it makes the enemy voices play over the game sound.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
That's a bummer. Oh well, I'll just deal with it I guess.

Also, my youtube account has been enabled for videos longer than 15 minutes! So awesome. I wish I had this around when I was still playing Halo 3. That would have been sooooooo useful. It will really come in handy when running MLG customs and matches go for like 30 minutes lol.

What's great now is that I can upload like an entire series against a team all in 1 video.

op_ivy

Alienshogun said:
You talking about in game?

If so, turn off proximity chat. (I think there is an option for that)

Proximity chat works different than chat, it makes the enemy voices play over the game sound.

in game, in lobby, everywhere. i dont mind hearing people (team, proximity, lobby, etc), but if i'm in a chat party with friends (with the little chat bubble icon next to my name in lobbies) i should only hear them. thats how it used to work, thats how it works in other games, and thats how it seems to work for everyone else. not sure what changed on my end. :(

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
op_ivy said:
in game, in lobby, everywhere. i dont mind hearing people (team, proximity, lobby, etc), but if i'm in a chat party with friends (with the little chat bubble icon next to my name in lobbies) i should only hear them. thats how it used to work, thats how it works in other games, and thats how it seems to work for everyone else. not sure what changed on my end. :(

I think you have chat enabled through speakers and headset, check for that. Otherwise, I have no clue bud.

Louis Wu said:
As I said on HBO, that's one of the most seriously twisted things I've seen related to Halo... ever.
Not for me, I remember some of the fanfiction posted in the HBO irc channel back in the pre-Halo 3 days.

Louis Wu said:
As I said on HBO, that's one of the most seriously twisted things I've seen related to Halo... ever.

This is how Bungie treats their VIP fans. AJ obviously went into his Halo: Reach VIP Edition Armory menu and equipped the "Jack Daniels" and "naked female chohort" armor effects.

Expect Bungie to make these available to the general public as a reward for completing a series of Vid Masters.

Arnie

Tashi0106 said:
What's great now is that I can upload like an entire series against a team all in 1 video.
Nice. When the first tournament comes around you should record it all in HD for us all to watch on your Youtube account.

Meh, not a fan of the Needle Rifle, it seems like an admission that you can't hit all of your shots, because if you could you would clearly prefer the DMR. It's not about firing fast, it's about firing well. Protip.

Might hop on for some MLG or DLC action, as much as I want to play the new maps because they are strictly awesome, I don't know if I can revert back to the old gameplay settings. I hope MLG adopts Anchor 9 for V3.0 or whichever one comes soonest.

zumphry

Banned
Bregmann Roche said:
Expect Bungie to make these available to the general public as a reward for completing a series of Vid Masters.

Bungie makes (made) people go through hell for Vidmasters, but I'm pretty sure Bungie isn't that sadistic.

Dug

Banned
Shake Appeal said:
zg4tR.jpg

Blue Ninja said:
It took me longer to actually realize I'd gotten approved than to actually get approved. Go figure.

Yeah I signed up like 3 years ago, forgot I did, came back to see if my account was still alive and voila had posting privileges. Go figure.

Top Bottom