• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Karl2177

Blue Ninja said:
Anybody have a render minute (or two) to spare? Was playing through "The Pillar of Autumn", and tried taking a shortcut during the Scarab section. Next thing I know, I'm being catapulted through the air because that Scarab apparently Force-pushed me out of the way. :lol
Rendering now. Also, if someone has another 2 minute video, I can render that when I get back home again. My render minutes expire soon, and I don't want to waste them.

What time tonight, Dani?

O D I N

Dax01 said:
Plus as many pro pipes at each base as possible with full ammo and instantaneous respawn.

Oh gods, yes please.

Speaking of the Pro-Pipe, there should be a gametype in Action Sack of nothing but Pro-Pipe action.

Karl2177 said:
Rendering now. Also, if someone has another 2 minute video, I can render that when I get back home again. My render minutes expire soon, and I don't want to waste them.

What time tonight, Dani?
Thanks, I appreciate it. :)

MrBig

O D I N said:
Oh gods, yes please.

Speaking of the Pro-Pipe, there should be a gametype in Action Sack of nothing but Pro-Pipe action.
It would be a good replacement for that dodgeball game they had in Halo 3's action sack actually.

O D I N said:
Oh gods, yes please.

OH MY GOD YES!!!!!

Urk, contact whomever you must. Get that Pro Pipe gametype into action sack!

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Tunavi said:
So has anyone made a more balanced version of Headlands for customs tonight? Hitmon and I might go into forge and make one
Dani has one.

O D I N

Welcome to Yeti Highlands. A training facility located in the Highland Mountains, where Yetis are born.

This is my version of Highlands, and here is what I have done:

- Removed Snipers from bases and replaced them with DMRs.
- Removed the Spartan Laser and Plasma Launcher and replaced them with Snipers
- Removed Ghosts and replaced them with Revenants.
- Removed Rockets completely and replaced them with Grenade Launchers with 3 spare clips.
- Replaced Grenade Launcher with Concussion Rifle.
- Moved Shotguns to under the bridges at each base and replaced them with DMRs.
- Placed Spartan Laser on the island in the middle of the map.

I'm iffy about having Revenants on the map, but who knows? They could be magical.

Sorry to be such a noob but what exactly goes down in these custom sessions? How do you guys pick what and how you're going to play?

Edit- I was also curious about quitting Score Attack sessions. Is it treated like quitting regular matchmaking games? I figured it didn't hurt because it doesn't warn you when you pull up the quit game.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Mizzou Gaming said:
Sorry to be such a noob but what exactly goes down in these custom sessions? How do you guys pick what and how you're going to play?

Much win. Some more win and then we follow that through with a side of win.

I host it and usually tailor it to suit party size and general consensus. Classic setting are rather popular these days as is solid maps, remakes and Defiant.

O D I N

Dani said:

I host it and usually tailor it to suit party size and general consensus. Classic setting are rather popular these days as is solid maps, remakes and Defiant.

If you guys run late, I'll be on after work.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
One hour from now. Be Defiant.

GAFCUSTOMSMAR3.jpg

Willeth

Shake Appeal said:
Would play.

Endlessly.
I've been thinking about a variation of Icarus that uses the GL, but I've no idea how I'd set up the map. Probably a circuit with the zombies shooting outwards at a Banshee.

MrBig

Dani said:
Two hours from now. Be Defiant.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/iamnotevilness/GAFCUSTOMSMAR3.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
At 10? I'll probably play like crap that late but I'll be there.

Dani said:

And how does one get involved, I kinda wanna try this out. You don't earn Cr in customs right?

Mizzou Gaming said:
And how does one get involved, I kinda wanna try this out. You don't earn Cr in customs right?

You can earn some, and it depends on your rank but it's pretty negligible. I think I get something like 130 at Brig 1.

O D I N

Mizzou Gaming said:

You do, but not as much as MM. If it's a challenge like, kill 100 enemies in any game modes, those count.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Hey You

Willeth said:
Arrgh. Three flags returned, two of them decided to reset just before the meter went down.

ARGH.
Do it in Custom Games with the MM gametypes (Just don't modify any settings with a second controller or a friend.

Willeth

Hey You said:
Do it in Custom Games with the MM gametypes (Just don't modify any settings with a second controller or a friend.
Nah, f that. I want to actually do these things, I don't just want the points.

Besides, it's pretty clear that the customs method isn't working as intended. The achievements state 'matchmade'.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
HaloGAF Customs starting now

If you want to join, send a message to GT: Slightly Live and I'll reply with an invite. First come, first serve. If we fill up, a waiting list will be made.

GAFCUSTOMSMAR3.jpg

Top Bottom