• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
I'll just leave this here...

http://imgur.com/OaZ9t.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I have to fix this injustice.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qLRy1.jpg

Better.

Also armor lock sucks but it's not in MLG so I ain't even mad.

So i just realized my subscription to the usual Reach thread was dead due to OT2... and couldn't find my OT3 sub till a few days later thanks to moving into 'Online' ...and this is what I find?

:[

GhaleonEB

Mah Firefight gravy train is coming to an end.

Nomoargravy.jpg

Once those bottom two max out, Firefight will pretty much be the Game Complete bonus. :(

Level progress will drop about 30% or so. I wish there wasn't a cap.

One request for Bungie.net: I'd like to see how many it took to get to "MAX". Was that 12,000? 20,000? I have no idea. But I'd like that to be part of the record.

GhaleonEB said:

Nomoargravy.jpg

Once those bottom two max out, Firefight will pretty much be the Game Complete bonus. :(

One request for Bungie.net: I'd like to see how many it took to get to "MAX". Was that 12,000? 20,000? I have no idea. But I'd like that to be part of the record.
I noticed that you had surpassed me nearly. And I asked myself how :D

Todays Firefight challenges were dope. So quick and so many credits. Normally getting assists in FF is such a pain in the ass for me but apparently Sniper Fight + Fuel Rod makes that super easy. Even got the Sidekick medal in one game. :lol

Normally FF input lag is balls but in both my games today the connection seemed on par with a regular multiplayer game. Probably because I only had 3 people in each but Sniper fight where you can actually snipe is so much fun.

New Challenges

Shootin' and Lootin' - 2500cR
Kill 250 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

Helping Hand - 1600cR
Earn 10 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Inclement Weather - 1500cR
Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic or harder with the Thunderstorm Skull on.

A Solid Outing - 3000cR
Earn at least 15 kills in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

GhaleonEB said:

I feel your pain. I really wish there were a time bonus on Score Attack. It's gotten to the point for me where I can finish a game in close to 10 mins, but I won't get nearly as many Credits as I would if I hang back and take the match to the bitter end. I am getting close to 4000Cr in a regular FF game, so at least I'll still rank up at a decent rate.

Or maybe I should play more multiplayer.

chapel

Banned
I am going to try MLG again and hopefully I won't be so rage filled this time. It has been a few days, so I should be calmer.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
chapel said:
I am going to try MLG again and hopefully I won't be so rage filled this time. It has been a few days, so I should be calmer.

Just know that every time you get your ass kicked, the next time SHOULD be better. :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
xxjuicesxx said:
If you lose watch the game in theater and take notes on what you did wrong.

I do that too, usually I notice that I'm moving without watching other avenues of approach, or I'm being overly aggressive.

Zeouterlimits said:
Go in with a team. On-your-own'ing it is unfun slaughter.

Eh, if you go in on your own you will get truskilled, if you go in with a team, I'm pretty sure it works off of the party leaders truskill.

That's why I try to get some solo games in too.

The games where I get donged on seem to follow a pretty set course. Once I start getting killed a few times in a row in frustrating ways (which in this context means losing a DMR battle I should have won, rockets, sniper, etc) my gaming skill goes in the dumps. I start running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

The games where I do well on the other hand I generally stick with my team as much as possible.

BlueScrote said:
The games where I get donged on seem to follow a pretty set course. Once I start getting killed a few times in a row in frustrating ways (which in this context means losing a DMR battle I should have won, rockets, sniper, etc) my gaming skill goes in the dumps. I start running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

The games where I do well on the other hand I generally stick with my team as much as possible.

I do the same thing. I need to figure out how to regroup after I start raging.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
BlueScrote said:

Yeah, one thing about halo, if your team is good it will help, if your team is terrible, expect to go negative too. At least this is the way it seems to work for me.

GhaleonEB

Louis Wu said:
http://www.halopedian.com/Commendations#Commendations

(I could think of a more convenient way to display those - but I've wanted that same information, and this is the easiest place (currently) to find it.)
Thanks. Right after I posted and crawled into bed, I remembered I have the Legendary Guide sitting on the shelf behind me, which has those details as well. Still, it would be nice to see it as part of the Service Record.
squidhands said:
I feel your pain. I really wish there were a time bonus on Score Attack. It's gotten to the point for me where I can finish a game in close to 10 mins, but I won't get nearly as many Credits as I would if I hang back and take the match to the bitter end. I am getting close to 4000Cr in a regular FF game, so at least I'll still rank up at a decent rate.
I knew the Game Complete bonus was time based, but it wasn't until yesterday that I tried letting that last Elite in Score Attack chase me around for four minutes. The result was a couple hundred extra credits. That does seem backward. :\

squidhands said:
Or maybe I should play more multiplayer.
Okay, calm down. Let's not talk crazy.

Miggytronz

Stockpile Chiev is fairly simple. Anchor 9 is best to doit on.

Once the game starts collect as much as you can but dont put them inthe circle unless you have all 4 in possession! If you have 3 let the timer run out while you have the flags outside the capture area, next round throw them all inthe circle and go get the other flag. bring it. defend it. score it. done.

GhaleonEB said:
I knew the Game Complete bonus was time based, but it wasn't until yesterday that I tried letting that last Elite in Score Attack chase me around for four minutes. The result was a couple hundred extra credits. That does seem backward. :\
It is kind of fun to play hide and seek with the last guy. I never really knew how enormous Waterfront was until I was able to run around on it for the last five minutes of the game.

Okay, calm down. Let's not talk crazy.
:lol

Mikasangelos said:
i need the rocket race one only i think.
Heh, Grimm and I got it last night, pretty great game actually.

The 2 matches of Rocket Race I've played have been a great laugh, much respect Bungie for keeping with the gametype.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
BladedExpert said:
Not played any Pros in MLG yet but I have played a few Eurpean Semi pros (lol). I thought I held my own! I should go (semi) pro!! :D

edit: Also; MLG Overkill
Wow, nice one. I'm waiting to get my overkill in the playlist. Also, :lol :lol at the tight little t bag on the last guy you killed lol...Well done!

Willeth

GhaleonEB said:
Play Firefight for commendations every now and again. I love doing stuff like loading up a game on Beachhead and seeing how many Ghost splatters I can get before I die, or surviving a full Gruntpocalypse using only the pistol.

Zeouterlimits said:
Heh, Grimm and I got it last night, pretty great game actually.

The 2 matches of Rocket Race I've played have been a great laugh, much respect Bungie for keeping with the gametype.

I have nothing against the gametype per se. I do have something against the notion that it should be mixed in with Multi Team, or any other playlist for that matter. Give it its own playlist please or put it in Grab Bag once in a while.

Willeth said:
Play Firefight for commendations every now and again. I love doing stuff like loading up a game on Beachhead and seeing how many Ghost splatters I can get before I die, or surviving a full Gruntpocalypse using only the pistol.
Beachhead has become my second favorite FF map because of the Ghost. I'm addicted to seeing how many splatters I can get before it gets destroyed; haven't been able to top 55 yet.

edit: :-( @ not being able to view bnet videos at work. :-(

Zennshi said:
Just had a FF Game with a General who shots 1 Grunt and than hides 29 Minutes behind a Rock =/
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=361889388&player=Zennshi

Bungie really has to ban/cR Reset these Dudes !

Here is a short Vid of this Game.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=10959525&player=Zennshi

Yeah looks like he self boosts (sounds so dirty).

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/playergamehistory.aspx?player=VETO 4 ARs MWMW&vc=3

Magni

I love the MLG gametypes.

I hate the players in the MLG playlist.

FUCK EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU TEAMMATES AND ENEMIES ALIKE. How hard is it to be a fucking decent human being? Wow..

edit: GT SAE Magni for some MLG, all that I ask is that you use your mike. That's it.

edit2: Nevermind I'm done, I'm too pissed off. Playing Halo makes me lose faith in humanity every single fucking time, probably why I play less and less.

chapel

Banned
Thanks for the input guys. Yeah, it mostly boils down to being against an organized team, and having dipshits that don't know anything and don't listen. If the other team is setup well enough, they will just spawn camp and you can't push out alone.

I think it also boils down to more competitive people playing in the MLG playlist, so the chances of getting a good opposing team are much greater.

Oh and I could do without the humping every fucking death/kill. Seriously, why not just play the damn game. It would be nice if you could play people that are respectful.

Top Bottom