• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Toddler

Gui_PT said:
You know, guys, that dude can quite possibly be bullshitting everyone.
Likely.. but just as likely as someone who's willing to pay $3,000 to be the 3rd highest rank in Reach.

Edit:

Put yo hands where my eyes can see!

If you're not a paw paw and rockin' page 343!

Crucio

LunaticPuma said:
343i needs to drop the Rocket Hog from anything and everything Halo. Classic Hog for MP and Gauss Hog for any campaign sections that need a bit more oomph.

Puma.. You need to play Rocket Hog Race before you start dissing the Rocket Hog. Its awesome!!!!

OH yes! Happy 343!

Hypertrooper said:
ha. Junior are using 50post per page. You should use 100post per page, then you would become a member. :p
Considering how we won't reach (!) page 343 no the 100 posts per page format (we'll get to 20,000 posts before then), this may as well be page 343.

Whoo page 343.

GhaleonEB said:
Like the first iteration of Highlands, Unearthed is a good core design that is really held back by implementation. Beachhead has a Rocket Hog, Mongoose and Ghost on it for players to use. Unearthed, a map specifically built for vehicular mayhem, has a lone Rocket Hog. That means it's very limited in how Score Attack plays out - can't use a vehicle solo - and the Rocket Hog is a very un-fun vehicle to use. I have had a video cooking for 48 hours on b.net that won't render which makes this point for me which I'll post when it hopefully gets done.

Even then, because the Hog is the only vehicle on the map, brawls break out on every Limited game on Unearthed over it. This should have been foreseen.

Just as the power weapon and timers need tweaking on Highlands for it to play better, so too does Unearthed need tweaking. But the sad thing is, it won't (and apparently, can't). I like the map design a great deal, but I don't understand the decision making that led to the anemic vehicle load out on it. It undercuts the intent of the map a great deal.

I agree fully, that map is a lot of fun to vehicle around on, so its a shame that vehicles are so under supported. Another hog next to the rocket hog would be nice, a ghost somewhere would be awesome aswell. Currently the map plays like every other infantry map. We still havent got a 'Lost Platoon' type map in Reach. "Whine Whine Moan Moan" is probably what anyone is thinking, but this is something that people have been asking for since launch, and its crazy that even though in the vidoc 343 acknowledged that people wanted more vehicle maps that they dropped the ball there. I just dont understand it.

On a sidenote Im still hoping for a map that has Banshee spawns on it. :p It would be unbalanced as hell but would be a huge amount of fun.

Tawpgun

Blue Ninja said:
Speaking Noble Team, HBO's Leviathan put up three more pages from his amazing "A Fistful of Arrows"-comic. That final panel is amazing. So amazing, even, I made an avatar of it. If anyone wants to use it, be my guest.

iXhsx.jpg
More. More now. 343, hire this man for concept art. Maybe even for storyboarding.

Does he have a regular interval he posts these in?

O D I N

ncsuDuncan said:
Eh, I like 50. Makes it easier to read on my phone, loading less images.

That's a good point. I have yet to find a phone that handles good net surfing.

I however, made the jump to 100. >.>

Crucio

O D I N said:
That's a good point. I have yet to find a phone that handles good net surfing.

I however, made the jump to 100. >.>

Hmm I wasn't aware of the 50 >100 thing. Honestly though I think I'd rather keep it this way for better loading times.

A27 Tawpgun said:
More. More now. 343, hire this man for concept art. Maybe even for storyboarding.

Does he have a regular interval he posts these in?
No, he posts some when he's done. His next batch will apparently have a few more images.

Sibylus

Banned
Deputy Moonman said:
For one, it's just not Halo.
Something is always "Not Halo" until devs/players find they don't want to do without it.

See: Elites in multiplayer, Firefight, Jetpacks (believe!), etc.

wwm0nkey said:
30if4b9.jpg

So anyone want to guess when they will announce Halo 3 PC? Really do hope they get a good devloper this time around and make it a GOOD port unlike Halo 2 Vista which requires you to use a controller because KB+M support sucks. Oh also custom resolution and more than 8x AA and actually have AF support as well.
Call me cynical, but if it does come out, I'm half-expecting the trend to continue: a Halo Editing Kit with less exposed features and functionality, and more aggravating ways to gimp the online experience. Okay, so MS kinda learned on that last point, but I can't help but wonder if they'll goof just as bad with a H3 port.

O D I N

Blue Ninja said:
No, he posts some when he's done. His next batch will apparently have a few more images.

Just got done reading that.

If someone told me that was a Bungie or 343i employee who made that, I'd believe you. That's pretty damn good.

Bitch Bitch Moan Moan Time:

Its really currently too easy on Highlands for people to just camp they're base waiting for the action to come to them. These bases are so blocked off that you literally need to walk into the snipers lines of sights to get any combat. The big rock formation on the red ream base and the big green tower on the blue team base really act like big barriers, which you have to pass to meet people a lot of the time. Doing so usually puts you up against like 5 people who are all able to see you as soon as you enter the area.

This is pretty frustrating because the centre of the map would be a great area for combat, hell even both sides of the map provide a lot of fun when people use them, but right now theres a real lack of action going on. Going through the teleporters to either side is a gamble becaue its unlikely anyone will be around there and you will be stuck 'in the middle of nowhere' The same problem occurs on Hemmorage to an extent and it sucks that to get any action you have to do suicide runs across such a big map.

On Halo 3 it was a lot easier to flush out campers and spot snipers - people turtled and the maps wernt perfect but you could overcome it, but with Reach this turtling really hurts the gameplay. :(

Tunavi

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
Operation Chastity is having a Halo: reach tournament that will end on the release of the trailer for Operation Chastity on June 18th

Anyone wanna get a team for this? I'd be down to start a team of juniors members with Tawpgun, Hitmonchan, and Tashi.

Tunavi said:
Anyone wanna get a team for this? I'd be down to start a team of juniors members with Tawpgun, Hitmonchan, and Tashi.

OH SHIT

Edit: I'm bored and frustrated about my car troubles. If anybody wants to play some matchmaking send me a message on XBL.

wwm0nkey

Really can't wait to see that Operation Chastity trailer they have been working on it for a long time, then we get that Halo: Faith trailer in April.

Oh also here are the classic playlist maps (taken from a b.net thread)

Noble Creek - Battle/Beaver Creek - The Blaze jp (edited by DWeight)
Dreadnaught - Derelict - Dragull
High Noon - Hang 'Em High - Decadence Night
Hydra XXIII - Damnation - I Frightmare I
Magus - Wizard - Empyrean Legacy
Prolonged - Elongation - Silv3r Sk3eter
Prophet - Midship - Mac xL
Rat Trap - Rat Race - Vincent Torre

wwm0nkey said:
Really can't wait to see that Operation Chastity trailer they have been working on it for a long time, then we get that Halo: Faith trailer in April.

Rat Race is the best remake out of all of those, in my opinion.

MrBig

wwm0nkey said:
I was looking through these just before and they are all pretty good. I'm revising the midship remake right now because it has some very weird weapon placements and has quite a few things missing. Maybe we can play it in customs next week.

Lazslo

Someone should create a comic strip or machinama about 'Spartan-420'- The Stoney spartan that always somehow saves the day with his weedy antics. Boom, million dollar idea.

MrBig

Lazslo said:
Someone should create a comic strip or machinama about 'Spartan-420'- The Stoney spartan that always somehow saves the day with his weedy antics. Boom, million dollar idea.
Are you ever sober?

wwm0nkey

MrBig said:
I was looking through these just before and they are all pretty good. I'm revising the midship remake right now because it has some very weird weapon placements and has quite a few things missing. Maybe we can play it in customs next week.
They said they will be editing the weapon layouts on the maps.

Falagard

GhaleonEB said:
Like the first iteration of Highlands, Unearthed is a good core design that is really held back by implementation. Beachhead has a Rocket Hog, Mongoose and Ghost on it for players to use. Unearthed, a map specifically built for vehicular mayhem, has a lone Rocket Hog. That means it's very limited in how Score Attack plays out - can't use a vehicle solo - and the Rocket Hog is a very un-fun vehicle to use.

Seriously what's up with using a rocket hog 3fail3? Who thought that was a good idea? Frankie was that you?

wwm0nkey

You know after watching those audio swaps from the beta that had the announcer saying game types. I wonder if 'Dogfight' was the space battle game type.

Also that should be in the next DLC!

Tunavi

Banned
Hydranockz said:
Too difficult for Al to shoot down. Same reason you can't board the banshee on Holdout.
Meh, plasma pistols, stickies, and fuel rods would be able to take them down.
Man it would be fun though

Would it be possible to take the announcers sound clips and make an app? I'd love to make a simple countdown timer with the way he says things like "10 seconds remaining".

Hey You

wwm0nkey said:
You know after watching those audio swaps from the beta that had the announcer saying game types. I wonder if 'Dogfight' was the space battle game type.

Also that should be in the next DLC!
Do you have a link to that video?

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Crucio said:
Puma.. You need to play Rocket Hog Race before you start dissing the Rocket Hog. Its awesome!!!!

OH yes! Happy 343!
I've played it 2x. I hope I never play it again. I also absolutely love driving a hog in normal MP games.

Top Bottom