• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Hey You

wwm0nkey said:
Thanks.

I wonder how much of those voice-overs are still in Reach and can be added when new gametypes are created. I would imagine Fiesta will be brought back for Action Sack, so it could be used for that gametype.

Its also possible Bungie just threw a bunch of random stuff in there to throw people off since they knew people would be poking around in the beta files.

wwm0nkey said:
Well there was also 'Golf' and 'Soccer'

Urk what where or are these gametypes?

Bumper Cars aswell. Also Action Sack

Im guessing if we see Action Sack being used when the Action Sack playlist comes out then that confirms that maybe some more of these may be used at a later time. Although I really dont know why the announcer would announce a playlist name.

Hey You

bobs99 ... said:
Bumper Cars aswell. Also Action Sack

Im guessing if we see Action Sack being used when the Action Sack playlist comes out then that confirms that maybe some more of these may be used at a later time. Although I really dont know why the announcer would announce a playlist name.
Yeah, its possible Bungie got Jeff to record a Bungie of different stuff just in case they wanted to use them in the future so they wouldn't have to bring him in and record new stuff. Saves money.

I hope 343i continues to use him for the multiplayer voice in future halo games.

It would be pretty cool if we could use the lines in custom games. Like Bumper cars for the bumper cars gametype.

ChrisD84

Tashi0106 said:
I think some of you might be sleeping on the MLG playlist. Don't be scared, it's not all MLG Pros in there lol. Also the gametypes are the best Reach matchmaking has to offer. Well, v2 has some bogus filler nonsense like 1 flag and Reflection but other than that, it's gold. V3 also only makes it better. We have to wait for that though.

It certainly isn't, i've been playing in there a fair bit recently! :p

Most of the people who play in it are clearly better than me, but i've had a lot of fun matches there due to the gametypes, it's nice to be able to play flag and bomb gametypes on a regular basis.

I'm looking forward to the Classic Playlist too, that will probably be the playlist that i'll stick to once it releases, along with MLG for the objective gametypes, and maybe a bit of Community BTB :)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Louis Wu said:
That was the first time I'd ever played Ghostbusters; I had no idea there were 'rules' about what could (and could not) be done until I heard you complaining in the postgame lobby. :(

(I wasn't on the rocks themselves - but I didn't really see how they were a problem. I killed several people on those rocks, as a Zombie - they had much less mobility up there. I DID hang around near the BASE of the rocks, but I'm assuming you're not griping about that.)

(I was outplayed most of the evening, but I still had a pretty good time. Except for that Condemned SWAT Headhunters game. That was lame.)

bobs99 ... said:
As far as I know there are no real 'honour' rules or anything of the sort, but every time I have played Ghostbusters in the past everyone has sort of got into the spirit of the game and played in the field. Its a lot more fun that way, with something like Ghostbusters its more about having fun dodging the big green projectiles coming at you and less about actually getting kills. (From what I have seen at least), so to see people really go for it and stay alive as long as possible while missing out on what makes that gametype fun, literally made me facepalm. I mean its understandable if its the first time you have played it, you would assume that staying alive is the main objective, and it is, but in a weird sort of way Ghostbusters works best when people are a little reckless.

Ghostbusters is just a silly gametype and and everyone that plays it for the time has usually just picked up the rules as they went along. It's not the first time someone was a bit initially confused.

It's suppose to be a break from the more serious games, 10 minutes of fun and stupidity.

That's why I was surprised to see some folks abuse the rock cliffs. Normally folks do gather around the back area in every game but last night folks were hiding behind rocks and climbing up to areas were they weren't suppose to be. It unbalanced the game severely. Zombies are always suppose to win. There's always meant to be a last man standing - so it was surprising to see that not happen so often.

I guess it was naive of me not to expect players to exploit some well known camping spots on Hemo. Nobody was at fault except me, I guess.

I'll telegraph the point of the game more clearly in future and a few extra soft kill areas on the exploitable areas just in case. It was just so weird seeing the game go so different to expectations for the first time.

GloveSlap

I just had an idea for Armor abilities that would make me like them a lot more. You should only be able to use them when you have a full shield. That way you wouldn't be able to just sprint away when you are getting hit. The jet pack would be used to get to certain areas, but if you get shot before you make it then you go plummeting to the ground. Armor Lock, Camo, and Evade should just be removed but even they would greatly benefit from it.

What do you guys thinnk? Good idea?

wwm0nkey

Dani said:
Ghostbusters is just a silly gametype and and everyone that plays it for the time has usually just picked up the rules as they went along. It's not the first time someone was a bit initially confused.

It's suppose to be a break from the more serious games, 10 minutes of fun and stupidity.

That's why I was surprised to see some folks abuse the rock cliffs. Normally folks do gather around the back area in every game but last night folks were hiding behind rocks and climbing up to areas were they weren't suppose to be. It unbalanced the game severely. Zombies are always suppose to win. There's always meant to be a last man standing - so it was surprising to see that not happen so often.

I guess it was naive of me not to expect players to exploit some well known camping spots on Hemo. Nobody was at fault except me, I guess.

I'll telegraph the point of the game more clearly in future and a few extra soft kill areas on the exploitable areas just in case. It was just so weird seeing the game go so different to expectations for the first time.
First rule of video games, if there is an exploit people will use it :lol

wwm0nkey

Dani said:
I know. =/

And apologies for earlier today. Wrong side of the bed + headache = arse. =/
Its cool man hell the only reason I think I posted the "confirmed" comment was because im on all these pills from all 4 of my wisdom teeth getting pulled XD

GloveSlap said:
I just had an idea for Armor abilities that would make me like them a lot more. You should only be able to use them when you have a full shield. That way you wouldn't be able to just sprint away when you are getting hit. The jet pack would be used to get to certain areas, but if you get shot before you make it then you go plummeting to the ground. Armor Lock, Camo, and Evade should just be removed but even they would greatly benefit from it.

What do you guys thinnk? Good idea?
First thing I thought of was someone Jet-packing, getting shot once then falling to their doom.

GloveSlap

Barrow Roll said:
First thing I thought of was someone Jet-packing, getting shot once then falling to their doom.

I thought of that too, they would need to turn have to adjust fall damage or turn it off completely.

Crucio

wwm0nkey said:
Its cool man hell the only reason I think I posted the "confirmed" comment was because im on all these pills from all 4 of my wisdom teeth getting pulled XD
Why the fuck do you need pills for that? Pff.

wwm0nkey

A27_StarWolf said:
I don't understand the complaint when it comes to cammo.
The radar jammer part gives you away and if you slightly move you are no longer in cammo.

Still need to find the gametype that fixed the cammo power up though.

Good games Tunavi, Tawpgun, Sai Kun, Hitmonchan... And whoever else was playing.

That 1 Flag CTF Spire game was pretty awesome (I like how everyone was intentionally betraying each other lol)- the game on Hemmorage wasn't fun at all though.. So much lag.

Crucio

Dani said:
I remember getting four needles into my gums followed by wearing an oxygen mask on my nose that got me stupid high. But no pills for me either.
I think he got ripped off. You don't need pain killers for that man, it heals really really fast.
Especially if you have to pay for the pills, that's even worse then the fact that you become intoxicated by them.

wwm0nkey

Crucio said:
I think he got ripped off. You don't need pain killers for that man, it heals really really fast.
Yeah i know but it helps with the annoyingness of it atleast. Like I said though should be off it tomorrow.

They gave me like a month supply of pills though :/

Sai-kun

Banned
7echnicolor said:
Good games Tunavi, Tawpgun, Sai Kun, Hitmonchan... And whoever else was playing.

That 1 Flag CTF Spire game was pretty awesome (I like how everyone was intentionally betraying each other lol)- the game on Hemmorage wasn't fun at all though.. So much lag.

go back to your other gaga avatar imo :)

Also yeah, that CTF Spire match was fucking hilarious. I need to take screenshots and videos from that.

I do have this pretty rad clip of me tying up a game of team snipers as the game ends :)

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=15382494&player=Sai kun

Toddler

Dani said:

Well it was mostly us Blue Teamers who gathered in the rocks cause we were tired of getting spanked in almost every round.

Amirite Louis Wu?

Tawpgun

A27_StarWolf said:
I really don't see the issue :p

Jammer is balanced... I guess... it's just crazy annoying.

Problem is camo snipers. The fact that Camo was a power ability people fought for over in all the other Halo's and how its now one button away is kind of lame as well.

All AA's have their problems
Sprint = OP with Sword/Hammer/Shotty. In addition to melee rushing and people running away.
Evade = SUPER quick escapes, OP with CQB weapons.
Camo = Jammer occasionaly jams friendlies (glitch) Camo snipers. No way to fight them.
Drop Shield = Same slow down as a bubble shield in H3, but its terrible in flag modes.
Jetpack = Map breaking, ruins map flow and power areas due to MEGA MANUEVERABILITY.
Hologram = Well.... this one is still hilarious and I don't mind it at all.
Armor Lock = Not even going to start.

feel

Toddler said:
Well it was mostly us Blue Teamers who gathered in the rocks cause we were tired of getting spanked in almost every round.

Amirite Louis Wu?
Don't ask, but for some reason that at the time made sense, I spent that whole last round circling the wall inside the base shooting the floor with that microwave gun. Things got trippy inside my head after about 2 minutes of looking at that visual sequence.

Toddler

Well, what seemed to be a fan favorite (Ghostbusters), was probably my least favorite gametype of the night... and one of the ones I liked best was the least favorite by most (SWAT Headhunters).

I've always wanted to have Objective-based gametypes that cater to Slayer-minded people.

I think Speedpile and Speedflag are two gametypes that fill the bill.

If these turn out as well as I hope they will, I'd love a playlist that catered to this style of gameplay.

On this topic, can you guys think of more gametypes like this?

I mentioned this one a few pages back, and maybe you guys hated it. I was thinking of a Stockpile type game where you get the majority of your points from flag caps, but you still earn a small number of points from kills.

The idea is kind of like Quidditch, where catching the Golden Snitch will be the fastest way to end the game, but getting Quaffle scores will sway the game.
Except instead of one huge Snitch-like score, it's several smaller scores.

Kuroyume

Banned
Hitmonchan107 said:
I've always wanted to have Objective-based gametypes that cater to Slayer-minded people.

I've never understood this. You know you can play objective gametypes and still kill people while trying to do the objective right?

Tunavi

Banned
Kuroyume said:
I've never understood this. You know you can play objective gametypes and still kill people while trying to do the objective right?
Yeah but lots of players just ignore the objective competely

Tunavi said:
Yeah but lots of players just ignore the objective competely

Exactly. I want a gametype where the game doesn't stand in a stalemate because people resort to straight Slayer, but it still creates a hefty incentive for completing objectives.

Hey You

Hitmonchan107 said:
Exactly. I want a gametype where the game doesn't stand in a stalemate because people resort to straight Slayer, but it still creates a hefty incentive for completing objectives.
Meh, people would still most of the time, go for kills rather than the objective.

wwm0nkey

I kind of want a tier objective game, like Invasion but actually good.

Phase 1- Get 25 kills and to get a bomb
Phase 2- Arm bomb at base to reveal enemy flag
Phase 3- Capture Flag which limits enemy lives to 1
Phase 4- Kill them all.

wwm0nkey said:

Phase 4- Kill them all.

That actually sounds pretty awesome. Is Phase 3 actually possible?

wwm0nkey said:
With the tools they have? Probably.

Oh, I was thinking more like being able to do it with the Custom settings available to us. I'm not too familiar with Invasion, but couldn't there be a 4th Phase where you could have the option to "kill them all"?

wwm0nkey said:

Phase 4- Kill them all.

Sounds cool. I actually think that Invasion is a good gametype, but its maps hold it back (think its awesome on Breakpoint, gave me a new respect for Invasion).

Tashi0106 said:
LOL. How about a tie against THAT competition though? :p
Snipedown and Destin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSG-jRCRn5U

Best game I've probably ever played on Host. I usually can't get finishing headshots on my host. It's a little different.

Oh haha didn't even look at the gamertags to see who you were playing. Impressive sir

wwm0nkey

-Yeti said:
Oh, I was thinking more like being able to do it with the Custom settings available to us. I'm not too familiar with Invasion, but couldn't there be a 4th Phase where you could have the option to "kill them all"?
Well I mean after they all get killed at Phase 4 the round is over.

Also no with the settings we have we would not be able to make something like this, at least I don't believe.

Karl2177

Steelyuhas said:
Sounds cool. I actually think that Invasion is a good gametype, but its maps hold it back (think its awesome on Breakpoint, gave me a new respect for Invasion).
Call me crazy, but I like the Invasion maps for the most part. If there were a few small tweaks, I'd be inclined to play it more often.

While, I'm on the Invasion talk, I finally got "Totally Worth It" tonight. The name is a lie. I sacrificed winning a game so I could throw a grenade near my feet to grab a double while the objective timer was at 1.

Top Bottom