• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Ramirez said:
He bought the game, he's entitled to complain and play as much as he wants.
As much as I can agree with the rest of your post, I just need to tell you that this is the worst card to play. So if he didn't pay for the game his opinion would be moot? Or what about everyone that got DLC for free? Are they not entitled to play or complain as much as they want? All that negative posting must be clouding your brain Ram :p

I don't play Reach thinking that if I play it enough, someone will listen to my complaints more. Bungie will surely remove Armour Lock if I play for weks on end and posting how much I hate it. It doesn't work like that.

Hydranockz said:
You have to take at least one break before you can say this.
I did take a break from 9/27/10 to 3/7/11. You can check my history and that's quite a break imo, almost a solid 6 months. In frustration, I really wanted to burn my disc. Not to just burn it, but to make a video of it and post it on youtube and then post links in this thread. But that was me being stupid per usual. After some time to cool down I came to my senses. Burning games is not the answer to anything, and then I would have been out of one less thing to do. I know it would have made some people happy to see me end my Halo days, but I couldn't do it. Don't lose hope though! It could still happen in the future ;-)

Hydranockz said:
I don't play Reach thinking that if I play it enough, someone will listen to my complaints more. Bungie will surely remove Armour Lock if I play for weeks on end and posting how much I hate it. It doesn't work like that.
It's more of a playing the game, because I'm a glutton for punishment (as Ghal mentioned already). The posts usually come after exceptionally horrible games where everything that I dislike about the game aligns with the sun and I get strung up by the balls. I guess I don't actually expect people to agree with me, and most especially not because I've been playing a bunch lately. My posting is just a personal problem. I've got a voice, and even if it's not in agreement with the majority, I still like to use it.

Mojo said:
The ach's are incredibly easy to get anyway

Well I got the oddball and CTF ones easy, but I hate stockpile with a passion. Anyway it doesn't seem to be working for me with a guest on the second controller. Doing stockpile on Asylum; put two flags in and then run them to my capture point in 60 seconds. No achievement; doing something wrong?

EDIT: Had to use the Stockpile gametype file used in MM; worked. (Thanks Barrow)

Genesis Knight said:
Well I got the oddball and CTF ones easy, but I hate stockpile with a passion. Anyway it doesn't seem to be working for me with a guest on the second controller. Doing stockpile on Asylum; put two flags in and then run them to my capture point in 60 seconds. No achievement; doing something wrong?
You have to play a game of Stockpile in Matchmaking then go to your temporary files and select the gametype from there.

Kujo

Genesis Knight said:
Well I got the oddball and CTF ones easy, but I hate stockpile with a passion.
Can be done pretty quickly in stockpile on Swordbase in TO. Got it in like my 2nd go. But otherwise just try and get one flag at a time per 60 seconds (and do what Barrow Roll said if you haven't yet)

Ramirez

Hydranockz said:
As much as I can agree with the rest of your post, I just need to tell you that this is the worst card to play. So if he didn't pay for the game his opinion would be moot? Or what about everyone that got DLC for free? Are they not entitled to play or complain as much as they want? All that negative posting must be clouding your brain Ram :p

I don't play Reach thinking that if I play it enough, someone will listen to my complaints more. Bungie will surely remove Armour Lock if I play for weks on end and posting how much I hate it. It doesn't work like that.

No, the point is that anyone is entitled to play and enjoy, or play and hate the game as much as they want. You can't go on a witch hunt tracking how many games the guy has played lately to invalidate his opinion. Simply do what I do, ignore it.

Nutter

Ramirez said:
He bought the game, he's entitled to complain and play as much as he wants. I play the game nightly here lately, probably play it more than 90% of the people in this thread, yet I get labeled as some kind of miserable pile of secrets, but whatever. The sad fact of it is, there simply isn't anything else to play that is similar in style to Halo, I'm hoping Gears 3 actually pulls through this go around, I won't hold my breath though.

You're so good with it that you've taken away one of the bullets needed to kill someone.
Oh ram, stop being angry.

You are arguing with people who clearly do not get it. The issues are there and if they are blind to see them then leave them be.

Ramirez

Nutter said:
Oh ram, stop being angry.

You are arguing with people who clearly do not get it. The issues are there and if they are blind to see them then leave them be.

You guys quit way too early tonight, BTB slays another night of Halo I see.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Deputy Moonman said:
I did take a break from 9/27/10 to 3/7/11. You can check my history and that's quite a break imo, almost a solid 6 months. In frustration, I really wanted to burn my disc. Not to just burn it, but to make a video of it and post it on youtube and then post links in this thread. But that was me being stupid per usual. After some time to cool down I came to my senses. Burning games is not the answer to anything, and then I would have been out of one less thing to do. I know it would have made some people happy to see me end my Halo days, but I couldn't do it. Don't lose hope though! It could still happen in the future ;-)

Normally when folks threaten to do something as childish as burn a disc and post a video, other folks remember it and whether or not the threat is carried out.

You have a right to complain, just as much as others have the right to use the ignore function if they don't want to read it.

If you do burn Reach, do it privately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXndEusHOPo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYUYoa4NxgM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SPUMb7MjrY

Unless you want to look like a plonker.

Trasher

Lake Minnetonka said:
Ive been reading this forum and I see you complaining all the time. maybe you'd like me better if all I did was complain about this or that:

oh poor me, the bloom is so bad I'm going to make fun at bungie

I hate the maps I wish i was playing halo 2 so that the maps would be better why can't bungie make good maps

armor lock and jetpack break the flow of the map, it makes game play like poop

well you're probably wrong because I play a lot of the multiplayer and i mean its definitly not good but i see on your profile that you barely play any firefight. no wonder your'r so grumpy all the time. i mean you no disrespect but you could use some firefight in your life
lololololololololololololololol Joke poster of the week?

Yeah man, I love playing the laggy mess that is Firefight. REALLY lets me release all that anger inside of me! el oh el

If anything, Firefight CAUSES anger when you have to friggin lead enemies by a mile just to hit them.

Edit: Omg there's more.

Lake Minnetonka said:
you laugh but its really true. i think i made people angry but thats not what I wanted to do. just if you really want to stick with multiplayer, play a round of firefight whenever you get mad. like if the games got you so angry and your like bungie why did you put this in its so stupid then just play a round of firefight and you;ll be like, oh, ok, now I understand why its in the game because it works so perfect in firefight.

feel like i made a bad impression maybe because i went too fast with you guys but ill let you guys alone for now and only disturb if your already talking about firefight. I hope at the very least this will get one of you guys to try to play firefight more often because then it will be worse it

i don't play a lot of firefight online because its really laggy but if you guys fast really fast internet maybe it wont be that bad so send me a friend request my name is lakeminatonka and if you look nice ill accept and we can play.

ps- someone took the name i wanted it to be Lake Minnetonka so if you see him send him a message, haha jk

Dude, you need to spend more time on forming sentences properly and using proper grammar. My god. How am I supposed to respect any of your posts when you sound like an eight year old. "HOW IS BABBY FORMED." That's how your posts read. "BUT IF YOU GUYS FAST REALLY FAST INTERNET." What a mess. Please try to make posts that we can read and follow otherwise you won't get much respect. Makes you come off as a joke.

Also, the game wasn't made to be balanced solely around Firefight gameplay.

Sai-kun

Banned
Hahaha, my friend did this tonight. We were laughing our asses off after it. He's the red guy.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=15698032&player=chaos nul

Also, I probably say this too often, but fuck every stupid fucking kid who thinks they can say whatever the fuck they want because "HERP DERP INTERNET ANONYMITY LULZ". FUCK YOU, PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET.

I was raging so hard an entire game because this team would not shut the fuck up in the lobby. Even after I muted them, I was pissed. God dammit. I wish people weren't so hateful. It honestly made me feel bad.

Sai-kun said:
Also, I probably say this too often, but fuck every stupid fucking kid who thinks they can say whatever the fuck they want because "HERP DERP INTERNET ANONYMITY LULZ". FUCK YOU, PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET.

I was raging so hard an entire game because this team would not shut the fuck up in the lobby. Even after I muted them, I was pissed. God dammit. I wish people weren't so hateful. It honestly made me feel bad.
Homophobic stuff? At least you'll always have GAF bro.

Dani said:
Normally when folks threaten to do something as childish as burn a disc and post a video, other folks remember it and whether or not the threat is carried out.

You have a right to complain, just as much as others have the right to use the ignore function if they don't want to read it.

If you do burn Reach, do it privately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXndEusHOPo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYUYoa4NxgM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SPUMb7MjrY

Unless you want to look like a plonker.
Haha those just made me laugh. But the guys burning the controller appeared to be doing it just for fun, not out of angst. I think I would definitely do it for the world to see. No point in secretly destroying my own stuff. Gotta let the hate flow :)

Dani said:
The "one more thing" approach facilitates maximum hype. I approve.
steve-jobs-one-more-thing.jpg

justone.GIF

tumblr_lf1eosdLQ41qzizv5o1_500.jpg

As much as I'll buy, play and love it, I'd vote no on a C.E. remake.

GEEZ GUYS quit complaining about such trivial stuff!

I means its only the entire objective side of the game that has been broken; thats not big deal!

Come on guys! Losing the game while arming the bomb or being in front of the flag score over and over again is not that big of a deal!

I have a thought. I feel as if armor abilities and bloom contradict each other to the point of frustration. aka my frustration with bloom.
Bloom asks us to pace our shots and be more careful when taking them, ensuring a good kill. But then you say this while implementing 2 armor abilities; one that rolls in varying directions(rarely consistent in direction and velocity) and sprint which allows to to run very fast away from someone.

Does this make sense to anyone else?

These two armor abilities are actively working to undermine bloom and piss people off. (Still don't know why evade is even a human ability, you guys hard it right in the beta.)

Hey look at me... I can use invis and pick up a sniper rifle and be a douche bag, too! http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=537874024&player=XxDeputyMoonman It's so unbelievably dirty, though. The other team had to have been miserable. This is why I don't do that stuff. It's cheap and it's lame. If there really is going to be a play-list that is gonna have no armor abilities, it can't get here any sooner.

I've started using invis, mainly on pinnacle, because that map is a favorite for people to just camp. It usually ends up being the only way to get around without getting spawn camped. I don't even know why people choose it since it always ends up being completely one-sided.

Deputy Moonman said:
Hey look at me... I can use invis and pick up a sniper rifle and be a douche bag, too! http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=537874024&player=XxDeputyMoonman It's so unbelievably dirty, though. The other team had to have been miserable. This is why I don't do that stuff. It's cheap and it's lame. If there really is going to be a play-list that is gonna have no armor abilities, it can't get here any sooner.

I've started using invis, mainly on pinnacle, because that map is a favorite for people to just camp. It usually ends up being the only way to get around without getting spawn camped. I don't even know why people choose it since it always ends up being completely one-sided.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss I know

I eagerly await it just for the exclusion of evade.

JonCha

I'm not buying this CE remake either. If the studio mentioned (I forget their name) is working on it then it could be very dodgy. You don't take your flagship game and give it to a studio that has very little reputation and experience. And while the campaign is easy enough to bring over, the multiplayer is entirely different. The experience needs to be INCREDIBLY refined. You don't let a a bunch of nigh amateurs handle that kind of pressure.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
JonCha said:
I'm not buying this CE remake either. If the studio mentioned (I forget their name) is working on it then it could be very dodgy. You don't take your flagship game and give it to a studio that has very little reputation and experience. And while the campaign is easy enough to bring over, the multiplayer is entirely different. The experience needs to be INCREDIBLY refined. You don't let a a bunch of nigh amateurs handle that kind of pressure.

I love how you label a studio with published games on the PS3/360 "amateurs". Besides, they've developed more games than 343i have so far. ;)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GhaleonEB said:
The what?

You can get the Defiant achievements by saving the proper gametype from MM, loading it up in a Custom game with a friend or guest and cheese them the easy way. It's a glitch that won't be fixed and the achievements will unlock this way as it's been confirmed by many folks. No chance of a ban or anything.

JonCha

Dani said:
I love how you label a studio with published games on the PS3/360 "amateurs". Besides, they've developed more games than 343i have so far. ;)

Near amateurs. ;)

I know they've developed more games than 343, but it wasn't great. That's the point. I don't have confidence in a studio that doesn't seem to have the experience for this kind of project.

zlatko

Banned
Played a game of BTB on Paradiso I think is the map name. A guy from the other team got our scorpion at our spawn and just sat near the waters edge making it impossible for us to get out.

He went 63 and 0.

The best kills on our team was 5 and I think I had 4. :/

zlatko

Banned
Hitmonchan107 said:

What stinks is my team just kept feeding him the points. It was me and one other guy who after dying twice in a spawn loop to him decided to just run to their spawn area to get vehicles then make our way to getting the laser to take the scorpion out. Unfortunately he had everyone else during that time to mass up kills and win the game before we could get the laser back over to our spawn. :(

I'm surprised I only went -3 during this carnage.

GhaleonEB

zlatko said:
Played a game of BTB on Paradiso I think is the map name. A guy from the other team got our scorpion at our spawn and just sat near the waters edge making it impossible for us to get out.

He went 63 and 0.

The best kills on our team was 5 and I think I had 4. :/
That is a typical experience on Paradiso. The BTB playlist is in desperate need of adjustment. :(

Yeah! they should totally hire someone who would be in charge of editing those playlists like BTB and objective...

o wait! they actually have a guy whose actual job is to do that.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Tha Robbertster said:
Really a good read. I'd love a similair article about the Elite history.

my only probleme with the article was that it had some Cryptum spoilers in it. I dind't expect to find them overthere so maybe you could post that at the start of the article

Apologies - we have added a disclaimer to the top to ensure that doesn't happen again. =)

I've noticed that I almost exclusively use the Sprint AA now. Playing Reach with friends, they've started agreeing with my Armor Lock hate.
"If it's so overpowered, why don't you use it yourself?"
All I can think of is the last time I used AL to save my ass and rob someone of a kill.
*throws lightsaber into the chasm*
"Never. I'll never turn to the Dark Side. You've failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."

squidhands said:
I was hoping he was going for the weekly when the power went out. :)

Well it looks like the game was playing itself on autopilot, unless that was the attract video or something.

ncsuDuncan said:
Well it looks like the game was playing itself on autopilot, unless that was the attract video or something.
Does Reach have the gameplay montage like the other Halo's do if you let it sit for a while? I've never bothered to check.

Bread said:
I don't know about you guys, but I love the bloom on the DMR. It rewards patience and skill in keeping your reticule over the enemy even when you can't shoot. There's nothing better than taking out an enemy in 4 slow shots as they miss constantly because they can't time it right. Maybe it's just because I've gotten pretty good with it, but I prefer it over the H2 BR now.

maybe i'd agree if 4 skilled shots were capable of killing an enemy 1 on 1

Top Bottom