• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

vhfive said:
How old are you?

This is a serious question, I'm just curious.
in my 20s but dont havnt had a job for a while im looking though and gunna download the new firefight map when i can when i have a little more money but i want it mostly to play at my cousins and they dont have fast internet

if i get the firefight map can i put it on their xbox when i come over?

Tawpgun

Jack Scofield said:
Waterworks didn't have any interactive stalagmites.
HURR HURR

Whatever. You know what I mean.

Also, in speculation of Halo 4... what if 343 did decide to take another step from the tried and true classic Halo (2,3) and went in the opposite direction from Reach.

What if they made the game even faster? Keep kill times more or less the same, but increase base movement and mobility. Imagine actually feeling like a SPARTAN. As in the books.

We would have crazy mobility, insane speeds. The entire pace of the game would be upped. We would still have reticle aiming, power weapon, item, area control. Guns, Grenades, Melee.

Maybe instead of armor abilities it would be everyone set with preset bursts of power. Kind of like Crysis's power suit. But there would be nothing that affects player health and damage. Sprint would be in, but perhaps you don't put your gun down. Instead your accuracy might go slightly down. Maybe not even at all. There would also be a high/long jump.

Maybe not.

But a faster paced Halo seems like a sweet idea to me.

Gui_PT

Lake Minnetonka said:
in my 20s but dont havnt had a job for a while im looking though and gunna download the new firefight map when i can when i have a little more money but i want it mostly to play at my cousins and they dont have fast internet

Come on EazyB, we know that's you. You can stop it now.

Lake Minnetonka said:
haha are guys talking about me! i searched for easyb and it doesnt make sense. sorry if im missing something or are not talking to me
Chopper, Prowler or Spectre? Which one do you want back in Halo?

Tawpgun

Lake Minnetonka said:
haha are guys talking about me! i searched for easyb and it doesnt make sense. sorry if im missing something or are not talking to me
I'll be the honest one and say its because of the way you type in addition to some silly ideas you had (Halo 4's focus being Firefight)

Dani said:
You might just be on to something here.
I actually went back to my post to make sure I didn't actually type that.....

MrBig

A27 Tawpgun said:
I'll be the honest one and say its because of the way you type in addition to some silly ideas you had (Halo 4's focus being Firefight)
srIrM.jpg

Thermite

Lake Minnetonka said:
I love your idea! its something i like to think about even though i cant get the last maps because i cant buy them but i always like the idea for new maps especially hours about the skyscrapers that are symetrical andd that you can fly to them it would be crazy lol you could be so high in the air and people would be on the road way below and youd fight i think invasion is dumb though so there no point in having part of the map being invasion but i dont want to be selfish so i know some people like it so maybe bungie can have a vote and see

hey that a good idea! why dont bungie have votes when you start the game that asks questions? they could ask us all sorts of things and everyone who plays online can vote so bungie would know but you can only vote once so not being selfish. and for offline people they can have you call phone number and vote through your phone as long as you have phone of course :)

These are some of the best ideas I've ever heard.

Tawpgun

Lake Minnetonka said:

Redemption time. Let's see if we can make some sense out of you.

Z9Djw.jpg

WHAT COUNTRY YOU FROM.

Crucio

Holy mother of greatness: This may actually be doable for me now.

"Also, I dont know if this applies, but the General points requirement was lowered from 2,400,000 to 960,000 with TU4" On Halo Wars.

Lake Minnetonka said:

What do you think of Shiska?

A27 Tawpgun said:
HURR HURR

Also, in speculation of Halo 4... what if 343 did decide to take another step from the tried and true classic Halo (2,3) and went in the opposite direction from Reach.

What if they made the game even faster? Keep kill times more or less the same, but increase base movement and mobility. Imagine actually feeling like a SPARTAN. As in the books.

We would have crazy mobility, insane speeds. The entire pace of the game would be upped. We would still have reticle aiming, power weapon, item, area control. Guns, Grenades, Melee.

Maybe instead of armor abilities it would be everyone set with preset bursts of power. Kind of like Crysis's power suit. But there would be nothing that affects player health and damage. Sprint would be in, but perhaps you don't put your gun down. Instead your accuracy might go slightly down. Maybe not even at all. There would also be a high/long jump.

Maybe not.

But a faster paced Halo seems like a sweet idea to me.

I have only just watched Iron Man 2, LTTP I know, but ever since the first movie ive been pining for a video game that lets you do the crazy shit that the Iron man suit makes possible. Having that kind of power and agility would be sweet in a video game, Crysis 2 seems like its given the power armour thing the most work and even that doesn't feel as seamless as I would want, so it would be a challenge to implement that feeling of awesome in a video game lol.

Jack Scofield said:
I weep that apparently nobody knows the difference between zero-g (zero GRAVITY) and reduced gravity.

I weep over the fact that you nitpick to that extent. I actually honestly dont know whether to laugh or cry, given the context of his post you would have to go out of your way to not understand what he meant.

Invasion has potential for Forging roll-your-own interactive objects to a degree. I've seen a map where the 1st leg is spent assaulting a Helms Deep style wall and by planting the bomb at its base, it destroys a large portion of it opening up the "interior" area for the next leg, in this case a flag objective. Not news to most but clever forging to be sure.

Trasher

Lake Minnetonka said:

I've never read such dumb posts before. I refuse to believe this is a legit account with a 20 year old behind it. I get dumber every time I read his posts. The spelling mistakes, grammatical mistakes, sentence structuring, etc etc are going to force me to ignore someone for the first time ever I think.

Willeth

Lake Minnetonka said:
Yes, you can, but you'll also need to bring your profile and you have to be signed in to Live for it to work.

Note that you can't buy Unearthed on its own. You have to buy the whole pack which also contains Highlands and Condemned for 800 MSP.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
Something has come up, won't be at Customs. Someone else be kind and do the hosting duties this week.
I'm not sure how much I'm going to make either, since tomorrow is my birthday and I'm taking the kids out to eat and party tonight.

KevinRo

neoism

A27 Tawpgun said:
HURR HURR

lol That is how I feel about REACH <3

Lazslo

Dani said:
Something has come up, won't be at Customs. Someone else be kind and do the hosting duties this week.
Noooooooo. How dare you have something to do on a Saturday night! I'll host some games if nobody else steps up, but I don't have many Maps downloaded so if anyone want else wants to be Dani tonight- they should. I like when Nutter is host- hes got some good stuff saved.
Lake Minnetonka said:
I love your idea! its something i like to think about even though i cant get the last maps because i cant buy them but i always like the idea for new maps especially hours about the skyscrapers that are symetrical andd that you can fly to them it would be crazy lol you could be so high in the air and people would be on the road way below and youd fight i think invasion is dumb though so there no point in having part of the map being invasion but i dont want to be selfish so i know some people like it so maybe bungie can have a vote and see.
hey that a good idea! why dont bungie have votes when you start the game that asks questions? they could ask us all sorts of things and everyone who plays online can vote so bungie would know but you can only vote once so not being selfish. and for offline people they can have you call phone number and vote through your phone as long as you have phone of course
Hahahahahahahahah So Goooood

Also Happy Birthday Ghal! Hope it's a great weekend...

Merguson

Banned

Thermite

Trasher said:
I've never read such dumb posts before. I refuse to believe this is a legit account with a 20 year old behind it. I get dumber every time I read his posts. The spelling mistakes, grammatical mistakes, sentence structuring, etc etc are going to force me to ignore someone for the first time ever I think.

Don't hate, Trash. He is the single best, and EASILY the most insightful, poster that HaloGAF has ever been fortunate enough to have. Dude is a baller.

Lazslo

Hitmonchan107 said:
I have no words. I'll be online if anyone wants to play ...
My Bracket went down with the ship that was Duke, It's a shame. I'm over College Basketball anyway, bring on Opening Day 2011- Yankees take Boston(The New Evil Empire™) down in game 5 of the 2011 World Series. Believe.

Florida lost, now I just need the Sabres to win tonight to stay ahead in the playoff race, and I'd rather have Arizona move on than Conneticut.

Untitled-11.png

Now too good with all the upsets but my one main pick still matters, and Kansas won't choke so any upsets are welcome now.

Regarding HALO! I'll be on for customs, I plan on hitting Field Marshall during customs! I don't know why but I always hit rank ups during HaloGAF customs.

xxjuicesxx said:
Florida lost, now I just need the Sabres to win tonight to stay ahead in the playoff race, and I'd rather have Arizona move on than Conneticut.

Untitled-11.png

Now too good with all the upsets but my one main pick still matters, and Kansas won't choke so any upsets are welcome now.

Regarding HALO! I'll be on for customs, I plan on hitting Field Marshall during customs! I don't know why but I always hit rank ups during HaloGAF customs.

You have to try out the map Mr. Big and I made :D

MrBig

A27 Tawpgun said:
Since there's really no host I'm assuming people will just start to amass until we get a hefty custom force.
I can set it up at first since I have a bunch of stuff collected from other customs I host, but I doubt I'll last long before getting off for the night today. Been having a terrible headache all day.

We can do the stuff from the classic playlist and Community BTB.

Top Bottom