• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Kibbles

A27 Tawpgun said:
If my system hadn't started acting like a bitch a few minutes into any game I play, I'd definitely pop into some H2V. I blame Crysis: Warhead. I was playing that a bunch in the "Turbo Extreme" mode on my laptop, and it probably overheated my system. I got a laptop cooler but looks like the damage was already done. Unless there is something else wrong, but I don't want to reboot my entire computer to find out.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Crucio said:
Halo 2 really did destroy everything else. It was king for I say 3 years.

It was good to watch that ViDoc again.

Luckily people didn't really figure out instant noob combo til the final days.

Striker said:
"It's fun to play as the attacker, it's fun to play as the defender"

Very true, and they built it brilliantly in Halo 2. Burial Mounds, Zanzibar, Ivory Tower, Relic, Terminal, what happened to those maps in Halo 3 and Reach? They were non-existent.
Asymettrical maps that were good for both offence and defensive rounds - High Ground, Longshore, and to a less extent Ghost Town & Last Resort.

Just got back from watching I Love You Phillip Morris. Splendid movie.

So, um, yeah...about Halo...lookin' forward to the playlist updates on Tuesday. That and the new ME2 DLC.

Striker

Zeouterlimits said:
Asymettrical maps that were good for both offence and defensive rounds - High Ground, Longshore, and to a less extent Ghost Town & Last Resort.
Always loved Zanzibar, much moreso than Last Resort. At first I thought I liked the open area in the base, but in the end it wasn't the greatest idea. Most of it was unused. And Camp Froman really turned into Camp Froman. Hated that.

Also forgot about Turf, and Ghost Town closely resembles that. But when you compare the two for all gametype facets, it's not even close.

Longshore was pretty disappointing. Terminal and Relic, ugh, so good.

Dax01 said:

So, um, yeah...about Halo...lookin' forward to the playlist updates on Tuesday. That and the new ME2 DLC.

Amazing movie.

Classic is not for me, but I am looking forward to Action Sack.

O D I N

Dax01 said:

Yes to both.

Now I have to convince the wife I need more space bucks.

Heres the low down of the last twenty minutes

I still tried adjusting to my new tv, its not going to happen too much input lag
AR'd to death in classic customs so I left
hooked it up back in my room on a smaller monitor I'm used to
Went into Dubs with Trasher
We voted 2 DMRs on Unanchored
They voted 2 none of the above but our votes were on top so they switched it at last minute to Slayer Uncaged
Barely won because of Uncaged and terrible maps
Got in full party went into Objective
Played Hemmorage in a 4v4 playlist!

AHHHH I really like this game but its almost like trying to make my fuckin blood pressure blow myself up.

MrBig

Watching that ViDoc made me cringe about the fact that their focus completely shifted from all about Objective to these multi-purpouse, slayer-oriented maps that we got on disc on Reach. What happened? Shishka? Sage? CoD?

Striker

MrBig said:
Watching that ViDoc made me cringe about the fact that their focus completely shifted from all about Objective to these multi-purpouse, slayer-oriented maps that we got on disc on Reach. What happened? Shishka? Sage? CoD?
Halo 3 wasn't much different - look how quickly they ditched Ranked BTB and Team Objective in it.

HiredN00bs said:
pray

for

Mojo
pray_for_mojo.jpg

GhaleonEB

If you only watch one of my "Ghaleon did what? on Beachhead," last man standing videos please watch this one. I have no idea how I lived.

I can't freaking believe I got nailed by a Hunter circling back for the rockets, after the clip ends.

Too many disconnects so sitting here with a 10 minute ban. Hey Bungie, try to distinguish between a quit and a dropped game.

edit:
That video eased the wait, and goddamn do I miss Halo 2's maps. Especially Headlong 1 Flag...

moop2000 said:
Too many disconnects so sitting here with a 10 minute ban. Hey Bungie, try to distinguish between a quit and a dropped game.

edit:
That video eased the wait, and goddamn do I miss Halo 2's maps. Especially Headlong 1 Flag...
Spend 10 minutes trying to improve your connection :p

Sorry I had to leave Customs early. I had to live blog the 3DS midnight launch at my local GameStop.
I was really tempted to call out a guy by name for buying Samurai Warriors Chronicles, but he was nice.

I just bought a 2-liter of Crush orange soda, so I'm set to play until the morning light. If you want to party up, just let me know.

GhaleonEB said:
If you only watch one of my "Ghaleon did what? on Beachhead," last man standing videos please watch this one. I have no idea how I lived.

That was pretty ballsy to charge the Wraith as the last man standing.

Lazslo

A27 Tawpgun said:
That Vidoc brings back great memories- What a great, revolutionary game. It literally changed the way games are played now /Halo 2 Rant]

Anyway- Hey Franky or anyone else that can help- What is this map found in that Vidoc. It looks so familiar but its untextured and I can't tell, it's bothering me now. It's found at 3:32 in the Halo 2 Vidoc- Help me Pleeazz
rbcT6.png

NH8P3.png

Pgu50.png

It looks like a beta version of Foundation maybe but who knows.

Striker

xxjuicesxx said:
I thought it was like a early Headlong.
With it being 1-CTF, that makes sense. The ramp section reminded me of the parts in Terminal's base myself. Headlong's interior got a makeover.

GhaleonEB said:

I can't freaking believe I got nailed by a Hunter circling back for the rockets, after the clip ends.
holy crap i need to show my cousins this you make lots of good firefight videos i can see in your profile there are a lot of them. i will watch them all then maybe watch them again later or when my cousins come over i was literally holding my breath when you charged in like that it was so crazy but you must be very brave cause you didnt even hesitate. i play a lot of firefight but only offline because of lag or maybe i can try to play with you if you send me friend request i dont think im as good actually theres no way because those video show it but if you still want to we can be firefight friends

Lazslo

Lake Minnetonka said:
holy crap i need to show my cousins this you make lots of good firefight videos i can see in your profile there are a lot of them. i will watch them all then maybe watch them again later or when my cousins come over i was literally holding my breath when you charged in like that it was so crazy but you must be very brave cause you didnt even hesitate. i play a lot of firefight but only offline because of lag or maybe i can try to play with you if you send me friend request i dont think im as good actually theres no way because those video show it but if you still want to we can be firefight friends
Hahahaha Eazy seriously stop man, we get it.

Ughh now that I remember H3... I'm 100% satisfied with the fact vehicles die easier in Reach. Fucking FOURTY THREE warthog kills. Thats all that needs to be said you can't kill vehicles in Halo 3! the weapons don't do anything to them...its basically pointless to shoot at them and they can just sit from afar and rape all game, especially if the one vehicle stopping weapon was taken.

In conclusion fuck Shishka for ruining most of the H3 playlists, fuck NinjaOnFire for ruining Reachs playlists.

Remake Halo 3 with hitscan no spread BR and optimized netcode and 60fps and put me in playlist management.

I'm honestly sick to my stomach after tonights Halo gaming. Everyone else was just talking shit about how Bungie doesn't know what they are doing the entire team anyways.

Striker said:
Always loved Zanzibar, much moreso than Last Resort.
Dude, BTB 1 Flag and Assault on Zanzibar were so much fun. Mass chaos, but so good. Headlong dominated. I liked how a lot of the maps in Halo 2 were designed almost specifically for the objective based game. Relic, Terminal, Zanzibar, Headlong, and Burial Mounds come to mind. And yet, even the slayer maps handled the flag and assault games really well. Lockout, Ivory Tower, Sanctuary, Colossus, Ascension, Beaver Creek, Elongation, Midship, and Turf, were equally fun. Oops, forgot Warlock. I loved that map.

It seems like a lot of that Objective focus has been lost. Team Objective was my favorite in Halo2. Since then, I haven't enjoyed Objective nearly as much.

xxjuicesxx said:
Ughh now that I remember H3... I'm 100% satisfied with the fact vehicles die easier in Reach. Fucking FOURTY THREE warthog kills. Thats all that needs to be said you can't kill vehicles in Halo 3! the weapons don't do anything to them...its basically pointless to shoot at them and they can just sit from afar and rape all game, especially if the one vehicle stopping weapon was taken...

...Remake Halo 3 with hitscan no spread BR and optimized netcode and 60fps and put me in playlist management.
Ramirez said:
Team ARs, just as bad as ever.
kaneklapqo6.gif

Striker

Deputy Moonman said:
Dude, BTB 1 Flag and Assault on Zanzibar were so much fun. Mass chaos, but so good. Headlong dominated. I liked how a lot of the maps in Halo 2 were designed almost specifically for the objective based game. Relic, Terminal, Zanzibar, Headlong, and Burial Mounds come to mind. And yet, even the slayer maps handled the flag and assault games really well. Lockout, Ivory Tower, Sanctuary, Colossus, Ascension, Beaver Creek, Elongation, Midship, and Turf, were equally fun.

It seems like a lot of that Objective focus has been lost. Team Objective was my favorite in Halo2. Since then, I haven't enjoyed Objective nearly as much./IMG]
Halo 2 had amazing asymmetric maps in both Team Skirmish AND Big Team Battle. Why its been so ignored in Halo 3 and Reach saddens me. That's why I often feel it seems like there were two different teams in charge. :\

You can name every Halo 2 map sans two (Backwash and Gemini) and you'll name at least ONE skirmish gametype that played fantastic there. You cannot do that for any other Halo game. Turf-3 Plots. Sanctuary-2 flag. Zanzibar-1 flag. Burial Mounds-1 bomb. Colossus-2 flag. Beaver Creek-2 flag. Elongation-Neutral Bomb. Relic-1 flag. Terminal-1 bomb. Midship-Neutral Bomb. Shit can go on forever. :(

xxjuicesxx said:
Ughh now that I remember H3... I'm 100% satisfied with the fact vehicles die easier in Reach. Fucking FOURTY THREE warthog kills
Vehicle-infantry combat perfect yo.

Guessing they held onto the Spartan Laser, and killed your team's hog instantly if you were able to hop in it.
xpq4xk.gif

Kibbles

Lazslo said:
Also This:
gFvta.png

What could have been...
Yeah there were also mongooses and GRUNT voice masking. 8)
Cocopjojo said:
Just owned some nubs in H3 Matchmaking.
Funny you mention that, me and my friend popped in Halo 3 today to play. Unfortunately we kept getting booted back to the menu, we figured cause the maps wouldn't load. We lost ranks in the progress. Not cool! Then we went back and dominated on Reach.

[edit] Oh wow, didn't even know GAF had setup H3 customs.\

Top Bottom