• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Raide

I miss the bouncyness of the Hog :(

Like the Sniper Rifle, I always leave vehicles to people that can drive them. I am ok being gunner but thats about it. :p

Like the Halo Classic modes, its a shame the vehicles cannot be tweaked also.

Raide said:
I miss the bouncyness of the Hog :(

Like the Sniper Rifle, I always leave vehicles to people that can drive them. I am ok being gunner but thats about it. :p

Like the Halo Classic modes, its a shame the vehicles cannot be tweaked also.

You miss it?

Lol Reach's Hog is the bounciest and least stable of the series.

JonCha

Think I'm going to go online now. If people want in me, hit me up at Pari4h. I'll host customs if enough people get together.

Happy Birthday Ghal!

Raide

Lead Based Paint said:
You miss it?

Lol Reach's Hog is the bounciest and least stable of the series.

I like it when it was bouncy but still controllable. :D If you bounce just slightly wrong in Reach, it usually ends up with an horrific death.

Falagard

GhaleonEB said:
Thanks for all the birthday wishes, guys. And Dani, I'm 34. Not quite old enough to be Dax's father, unless I got busy earlier that I did.

We're the same age, Ghaleon. I'm turning 34 in two weeks. Happy Birthday!

Gui_PT

I have a question, hopefully someone here will be able to help.

I have a 20GB HD on my 360, and unfortunately I only have about 100mb free at the moment.

I cooouuuld delete Reach's Beta but I keep thinking Bungle might reward people who kept it for some reason.

Anyone know if I can just go ahead and delete it? Maybe someone from Bungie? Thank you.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Gui_PT said:

I have a 20GB HD on my 360, and unfortunately I only have about 100mb free at the moment.

I cooouuuld delete Reach's Beta but I keep thinking Bungle might reward people who kept it for some reason.

Anyone know if I can just go ahead and delete it? Maybe someone from Bungie? Thank you.

Why would they reward people keeping a beta loaded? If anything they would simply reward you for having played it prior.

Delete that shit.

Falagard

Gui_PT said:

They can tell if you played the beta from their tracking data on their servers. They'd never in a million years say "We're giving away something for those of you who still have the beta on your Xbox" it'd piss off too many people.

Gui_PT said:

I would just keep it for the memories.

I hate to be Captain Buzzkill here, but why is GAF going crazy over the Classic settings?

My problems with Reach aren't with jump height or run speed. The only thing that Classic fixes is armor lock (by removing it).

But, to balance this negativity, here are some things I love about Reach:

- The music. It's tied with ODST for Favorite Series Soundtrack.
- Jetpacks. It's like a push-up bra for Spartans. Don't let your game sag -- use a jetpack.
- Firefight. I took Lake's advice and tried it. It turns out that I love it! Who knew? Thanks, man!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hitmonchan107 said:
I would just keep it for the memories.

I hate to be Captain Buzzkill here, but why is GAF going crazy over the Classic settings?

My problems with Reach aren't with jump height or run speed. The only thing that Classic fixes is armor lock (by removing it).

But, to balance this negativity, here are some things I love about Reach:

- The music. It's tied with ODST for Favorite Series Soundtrack.
- Jetpacks. It's like a push-up bra for Spartans. Don't let your game sag -- use a jetpack.
- Firefight. I took Lake's advice and tried it. It turns out that I love it! Who knew? Thanks, man!

I imagine because it's bringing Reach "closer" to Halo 3.

PNut

Banned
Back a couple months ago one of the daily challenges was to destroy the drop pods on Long Night of Solace. Can't remember the name of it but have there been any other daily's that are similar to this one? I also wonder if the daily's are set in stone now and we won't get any more similar to that one.

Miggytronz

My Daughter rockin her BUNGIE gear.

iIvO3.jpg

GhaleonEB

Looks like she's sitting back and admiring her work. :D

Cute stuff.
Mikasangelos said:
haha yeah, me and mom were packing some of her clothes as we just bought our first Home.
Ah. To my kids that would be a buffet to tear through. :lol

Congrats on the first house. Buying ours made me hate the real estate industry even more than I did before.

neoism

Striker said:
The settings are more Halo 1/2, not 3.
Really I play it it really feels like H3 to me. I haven't played H1/2 in a long time though. Still prefer vanilla Reach's feel though.

Put me in the group that thinks that H3's vehicles were too powerful. H2 had the best vehicle balance IMO.

The Falcon is great, its too it was't implemented into multiplayer maps more. It's nice in Invasion games on Spire and Breakpoint though.

Holy hangover!

This H3 talk might make me fire it up today though.

If you have a couple people to vote with you, the Team Objective playlist is actually pretty enjoyable. You still some hemorage stuff, which is pretty damn bad since it's not DMR starts, and Drop shields can be a fucking bitch, but if you can swing to vote to oddball, or classic setting (not the new classic, pretty just sprint only) gametypes, shit's pretty good.

Unfortunately, if you go in without a party, EVERYONE votes for hemorage. There was a voting round with 2 flag classic Zealot (Yay!), 1 flag powerhouse (decent...), and 1 bomb assault on Hemorage, and 5 people voted for hemo. (ended in a 1 to 1 tie, that's with one BK betraying for sniper the entire game)

ARE YOU SERIOUS PEOPLE.

I'm really hoping the May playlist update gives team Objective and BTB some love. IMO, those are the only two playlists that really need help right now, everything else is generally solid, but these two need... something.

electricpirate said:
If you have a couple people to vote with you, the Team Objective playlist is actually pretty enjoyable. You still some hemorage stuff, which is pretty damn bad since it's not DMR starts, and Drop shields can be a fucking bitch, but if you can swing to vote to oddball, or classic setting (not the new classic, pretty just sprint only) gametypes, shit's pretty good.

Unfortunately, if you go in without a party, EVERYONE votes for hemorage. There was a voting round with 2 flag classic Zealot (Yay!), 1 flag powerhouse (decent...), and 1 bomb assault on Hemorage, and 5 people voted for hemo. (ended in a 1 to 1 tie, that's with one BK betraying for sniper the entire game)

ARE YOU SERIOUS PEOPLE.

I'm really hoping the May playlist update gives team Objective and BTB some love. IMO, those are the only two playlists that really need help right now, everything else is generally solid, but these two need... something.

Yeah I go in with a party of four and it is very enjoyable. By yourself though, and you'll be playing a 4-round offense/defense 5 territory AR/Mag game on Hemorrhage.

Just played a couple of games of H3.
It sucks haha

xxjuicesxx said:
Florida lost, now I just need the Sabres to win tonight to stay ahead in the playoff race, and I'd rather have Arizona move on than Conneticut.

Untitled-11.png

Now too good with all the upsets but my one main pick still matters, and Kansas won't choke so any upsets are welcome now.

Regarding HALO! I'll be on for customs, I plan on hitting Field Marshall during customs! I don't know why but I always hit rank ups during HaloGAF customs.
Hell of a March Madness.

Edit: What the what. Give this man a job with brackets.

Hey You

Yep, going in with a team or even one other person makes Team Objective much more enjoyable.

Its my favorite playlist in Reach currently.

Ramirez

xxjuicesxx said:
Terrible officiating, all I'll say about that.

lol, the refs were shooting pretty terrible out there huh? Christ, nothing more annoying than people blaming refs when they lose, VCU outplayed them, so good.

Ramirez said:
lol, the refs were shooting pretty terrible out there huh? Christ, nothing more annoying than people blaming refs when they lose, VCU outplayed them, so good.

Man don't you get it? It was blooms fault, bloom is why people get out DMR'd not because the other guy is better.

Man, it's been a while since I played Reach. What little time I have for gaming now goes to Crysis 2, which turned out better than I had expected.

The game has made me appreciate the beauty of Reach's menu system, though. Reach is streamlined, and the active roster is a gift from the heavens. Crysis 2's system is nowhere near as good. I miss seeing who's online at all times. :p

Hydranockz said:
Sometimes on Multiteam. It rocks so much on Pinnacle. I go camo, my bro goes AL so while they look at him I get the backsmack. It's joyous.
This post made me cringe a bit. It's strategies like this that make people detest AAs.

Barrow Roll said:
This post made me cringe a bit. It's strategies like this that make people detest AAs.
More often than not I am piss weak, it's their own fault for focusing way too hard on the ALer. It's a handy bait that always catches someone out.

Gui_PT said:
Bungle is weird guys! U kno it's tru, just admit it!

(Thank you for the replies)
I still have the Halo 3 beta loaded on my HDD... lol.

I know there is NO reason to keep it, but I just can't see any reason to delete it right now. I love loading it up occasionally just for the into/main menu blast of nostalgia.

DjDJ7.jpg

htsOZ.jpg

Devin Olsen said:
I still have the Halo 3 beta loaded on my HDD... lol.

I know there is NO reason to keep it, but I just can't see any reason to delete it right now. I love loading it up occasionally just for the into/main menu blast of nostalgia.

http://i.imgur.com/DjDJ7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/htsOZ.jpg

*swoon*

I'm glad I didn't get a F&F Halo 3 beta code. I bought Crackdown for the beta, and it ended up being one of my favorite games of the generation.

Crackdown 2, however ...

Striker

electricpirate said:
Those are the only two playlists that haven't been truly updated in a long while. I mean, TO got was removing Drop Shield loadouts from CTF but it still needs removed all together. Put the Hologram in. It isn't abusive and it can't try to ruin Assault games. BTB's only change was adding yet another god damn Slayer variant in Bro Slayer, which is itself pretty bad.

I often see Multi-Bomb rise up on Hemorrhage, but I seem to hardly see it on smaller, symmetrical maps like Zealot, Asylum, or Anchor 9. Why is that? Neutral Bomb on those maps would be fantastic.

BTB needs the following:

Removed - Drop Shield, Countdown, Headhunter, Crazy King, Bro Slayer, Team Snipers, Elite Slayer

Added - Multi-Bomb, Neutral Bomb, 1-Bomb

2-flag: Hemorrhage, Paradiso, Highlands
2-bomb: Hemorrhage, Paradiso, Highlands
Neutral Bomb: Hemorrhage, Paradiso, Highlands
1-flag: Boneyard, Spire, Breakpoint
1-bomb: Boneyard, Spire, Breakpoint
Territories: Boneyard, Spire, Breakpoint

Slayer: Hemorrhage, Paradiso, Boneyard, Spire, Breakpoint, Highlands, Tempest, Boardwalk

I wouldn't mind a Covenant CTF version, either. Basic Covie vehicles, but no Banshee, and use on symmetric maps. Start with Needler Rifle and Plasma Repeater.

Trasher

Ramirez said:
Things I noticed that I loved last night while playing Halo 3...

1. No health! Fast recharging shields
2. Grenades that actually took skill to kill people
3. Radars that don't give away elevation, seriously I got owned so many times on Construct and other elevated maps because I had gotten so used to that crutch from Reach.
4. Melee that makes sense
5. Gunplay that doesn't feel awkward, even with the lag I didn't feel like the game was fighting me for a kill.
6. Sniper doesn't have insane auto aim either
1. Loved that too.
2. Was quite shocking at first to get used to. Sometimes nades would go off and I would wonder why I was alive lol. I think I do like the nades in 3 better as well.
3. Yeah, it was quite shocking realizing how much more of an advantage it is to have the elevation factor in there. I prefer no radar at all, but at least there's a little bit of mystery when you can't tell someone's elevation.
4. Melee felt so good once I got used to it again. Didn't have to worry about stupid assassination animations as well. One thing about those Reach assassinations that frustrates me is that you do them when you don't want to do them, and sometimes when yo DO want to do them it won't work no matter how hard you hold down the button.
5. This is where I disagree with you. I felt like I had to fight for every single kill in those games last night. My BR would HARDLY ever 4-shot anyone. It typically took 5 for me. Halo 3 has always been like that unless I miraculously got host back then. We were also in BTB which makes the lag even worse for me though. At least with Reach I know I can get shots to land where I aim (obviously give or take with the bloom). This just only makes me wish how much Halo 3 had Reach's hitscan and netcode. I would still be playing that game if just for those two changes. Dead serious.
6. Sniper once again felt like a skill weapon. It's ridiculous how much easier it is to snipe in Reach.

Blue Ninja said:
Man, it's been a while since I played Reach. What little time I have for gaming now goes to Crysis 2, which turned out better than I had expected.

The game has made me appreciate the beauty of Reach's menu system, though. Reach is streamlined, and the active roster is a gift from the heavens. Crysis 2's system is nowhere near as good. I miss seeing who's online at all times. :p

Oh definitely. The halo games have always by far had the simplest and most enjoyable multiplayer framework. Everything just seems to work, and everything is placed where it makes sense. I love the active bar on the right in reach, a very welcome addition.

Had an interesting experience today on highlands with a warthog and rockets.. (not rendered)

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=15826870&player=BlueThunder850

Hitmonchan107 said:
*swoon*

I'm glad I didn't get a F&F Halo 3 beta code. I bought Crackdown for the beta, and it ended up being one of my favorite games of the generation.

Crackdown 2, however ...
I bought Crackdown because the demo was awesome, and I got a F&F code. Good times.

You're right about Crackdown 2, sadly. Not as fun. I also only played it for like, a week, at most.

Trasher said:
6. Sniper once again felt like a skill weapon. It's ridiculous how much easier it is to snipe in Reach.
I suck so bad with the Sniper Rifle: I can only kill someone through sheer luck, or if they're standing still. :lol

I'm pretty sure you can still download the Halo 3 Beta. It does still show up on download history, where as some things that have been removed don't.

I mean there's no real reason you'd need or want to but it's still there as far as I can tell. The Reach one might be too, don't recall seeing it though.

Trasher said:
1. Loved that too.
2. Was quite shocking at first to get used to. Sometimes nades would go off and I would wonder why I was alive lol. I think I do like the nades in 3 better as well.
3. Yeah, it was quite shocking realizing how much more of an advantage it is to have the elevation factor in there. I prefer no radar at all, but at least there's a little bit of mystery when you can't tell someone's elevation.
4. Melee felt so good once I got used to it again. Didn't have to worry about stupid assassination animations as well. One thing about those Reach assassinations that frustrates me is that you do them when you don't want to do them, and sometimes when yo DO want to do them it won't work no matter how hard you hold down the button.
5. This is where I disagree with you. I felt like I had to fight for every single kill in those games last night. My BR would HARDLY ever 4-shot anyone. It typically took 5 for me. Halo 3 has always been like that unless I miraculously got host back then. We were also in BTB which makes the lag even worse for me though. At least with Reach I know I can get shots to land where I aim (obviously give or take with the bloom). This just only makes me wish how much Halo 3 had Reach's hitscan and netcode. I would still be playing that game if just for those two changes. Dead serious.
All of this sounds so good (except 5). Next time ya'll are on H3, can I join?

Karl2177

BlueScrote said:
Oh definitely. The halo games have always by far had the simplest and most enjoyable multiplayer framework. Everything just seems to work, and everything is placed where it makes sense. I love the active bar on the right in reach, a very welcome addition.

Had an interesting experience today on highlands with a warthog and rockets.. (not rendered)

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=15826870&player=BlueThunder850
Nice! Another thing I'm glad that Reach did is add the audio loss for nearby explosions.

electricpirate said:

ARE YOU SERIOUS PEOPLE.

I had an experience like this on Friday. The ironic part was that 6 of my teammates all wanted to vote paradiso but the other 9 people voted for you know what -_-. The good part was that we all had mics and my team was actually using them effectively to coordinate our movement and call out enemy positions.

Gamer98

Banned
I find that the Camo helps my game against the people that use AL. I take a couple shots they Lock up while they cant see me. Then I finish them off its the easiest way for me to get to kill AL users. It also helps me sneak up on vehicles. I often find myself clicking RB to confuse the fuck out of people. I don't think enough people realize how awesome and helpful Camo is.

Karl2177 said:
Nice! Another thing I'm glad that Reach did is add the audio loss for nearby explosions.

The only negative side is that many weapons sound way more powerful than they actually are. But now that I've played the game enough it's become irrelevant.

Crucio

Man Unearthed is just an enjoyable FF map. Well made beyond many that came before it.

One thing I need from Bungie/343i is the game time to be increased for that map. I rarely encounter an Arcade game that gets past the 2-4th wave of the last round. Its kinda frustrating. Especially if we end up with AFC people.

Top Bottom