• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Trasher said:
Aren't your triple kill montages repetitive as well? It would work well together!
lololololol ;P

6/10 :p

I'm playing really shitty tonight. I think it's because I'm pretty wiped out.

GhaleonEB

Tonight's Firefight Limited videos.

Thing One: The only thing that strikes terror into my heart in Firefight - other than my team mates - is the drop pod of the four Elite Ultras. Those guys rock the house. So I took great delight in using the Target Locator on their drop pod. They took greater pleasure in what happened next.

Thing Two: someone decides the runway down the middle of Beachhead is a good vantage point to park the Rocket Hog and man the turret. He does take down an Elite, to his credit. And then dies what might be the single most violent death I've seen in Firefight so far.

GhaleonEB

Falagard said:
What did happen? I couldn't tell.
Target Locator fail. Every now and then, it doesn't work: you hear the sound of the missiles firing but they don't actually come. I was all excited about toasting the Ultras and it's a big whiff. It just need a wah-wah-waaaaa at the end.

Ramirez

Annnnnnnd the only loss of the night comes from the dbags who stacked their party so that they could make our team of 3 be outnumbered, awesome. Any chance of seeing parties capped at 4 for 4v4 playlists? If people have more than 4 people, then they should play customs, people use this to grief more than people to use it to actually play I'm sure.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
yvzG3.jpg

JonCha said:
I think you mean beast blood.
JxUeo.jpg

dtiQQ.jpg

So either True Skill is really doing it's magic or I've just recently gotten pretty terrible at this game. Either way, it's pretty demoralizing. :(

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Barrow Roll said:
So either True Skill is really doing it's magic or I've just recently gotten pretty terrible at this game. Either way, it's pretty demoralizing. :(
if your bad game at this good skill true may best try firecampaign

good tiem have guarantee

I've played this weekend some elite slayer on Highlands for the first time and I was surprised that it's even more fun than the regular spartan slayer, the better balanced power weapons make it a blast to play, very very fun indeed. Few armor lockers as I splattered a lot of people with ghosts xD.

molekiller said:
I've played this weekend some elite slayer on Highlands for the first time and I was surprised that it's even more fun than the regular spartan slayer, the better balanced power weapons make it a blast to play, very very fun indeed. Few armor lockers as I splattered a lot of people with ghosts xD.
Elite is nothing compared to Slayer DRM or Slayer Pro. The Elite slayer games, I played, were terrible, because everyone had chosen the class with the needler. Damn. That is frustating. No skill needed. You only have to press the button. You don't have to aim, too.

Hypertrooper said:
Elite is nothing compared to Slayer DRM or Slayer Pro. The Elite slayer games, I played, were terrible, because everyone had chosen the class with the needler. Damn. That is frustating. No skill needed. You only have to press the button. You don't have to aim, too.

Are we talking about the same map? I hate the typical "elite slayer on sword base" but in Highlands you will usually destroy a needler guy with the NR, when not with a plasma launcher... In smaller maps I use the noob combo against those guys, it works wonders. But as I've said, it's on Highlands where I find it fun.

molekiller said:
Are we talking about the same map? I hate the typical "elite slayer on sword base" but in Highlands you will usually destroy a needler guy with the NR, when not with a plasma launcher... In smaller maps I use the noob combo against those guys, it works wonders. But as I've said, it's on Highlands where I find it fun.
Touché, Monsieur. You're right, I never played Elite Slayer on Highland. But I played it on Breakpoint, ForgeWorld's BTB Maps and there were only one other person in the game, that chose an other class. Maybe I'm only playing against Noobs in Halo: Reach :(

Trasher said:
What was exaggerated, and by who? Ambiguous posts are dumb.
Matchmaking times? I didn't mean to be ambiguous, the statement is in the same sentence and separated by a comma. Seemed pretty clear to me. By who? Quick Google search...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26194220&postcount=11112

I also recall bobs99 saying stuff about it being slow, among others as well. I was kinda only kidding around by saying GAF exaggerates, everyone is obviously just posting their own experiences with it. I'm getting into full Social Slayer games at 4am in 30 seconds-less than a minute. Seems pretty okay to me.

Hypertrooper said:
Touché, Monsieur. You're right, I never played Elite Slayer on Highland. But I played it on Breakpoint, ForgeWorld's BTB Maps and there were only one other person in the game, that chose an other class. Maybe I'm only playing against Noobs in Halo: Reach :(

Highlands plays different, there's no banshee and no wraith, and there are 5 ghosts, 4 or 5 plasma launchers and a good combination between open and close combat, personally I have no reason to pick AC+needler having evade+NR.

Trasher

Barrow Roll said:
Matchmaking times? I didn't mean to be ambiguous, the statement is in the same sentence and separated by a comma. Seemed pretty clear to me. By who? Quick Google search...

I also recall bobs99 saying stuff about it being slow, among others as well. I was kinda only kidding around by saying GAF exaggerates, everyone is obviously just posting their own experiences with it. I'm getting into full Social Slayer games at 4am in 30 seconds-less than a minute. Seems pretty okay to me.
The most recent posts about Halo 3 had been from a few of us who had been playing the other night so I thought maybe you were referring to our remarks. How in the heck was I supposed to know it was about a post that was made in February lol? I don't even know what you Google searched to find that post.

Matchmaking times in Halo 3 are still very close to the Reach ones. Depending on certain playlists of course.

Trasher said:
The most recent posts about Halo 3 had been from a few of us who had been playing the other night so I thought maybe you were referring to our remarks. How in the heck was I supposed to know it was about a post that was made in February lol? I don't even know what you Google searched to find that post.
Naw, bro. Simple misunderstanding here. And you weren't supposed to know that I was referring to a post made in February because I wasn't specifically referring to it, lol. You asked for an example and I found one. I was just echoing some remarks that I've heard here and there about the Matchmaking times in this thread.

As for the Google search, site:neogaf.com halo 3 long matchmaking times.
First result, easy peasy. :p

Matchmaking times in Halo 3 are still very close to the Reach ones. Depending on certain playlists of course.
Indeed, things are running pretty smoothly. Except for AR starts on Valhalla.

Anyways, if you guys want/need another in your Halo 3 escapades, I'd be happy to join. I'm no 50, but I'm not terrible either.

GhaleonEB

Dedication/Time

Complete 24 Daily Challenges this week. 18000cR
Not much room for error on this one, gotta be 4/4 on six of seven days. But that's a big pile of cash. This is one way to get me playing MP for a week. :lol

Trasher

Barrow Roll said:
Naw, bro. Simple misunderstanding here. And you weren't supposed to know that I was referring to a post made in February because I wasn't specifically referring to it, lol. You asked for an example and I found one. I was just echoing some remarks that I've heard here and there about the Matchmaking times in this thread.

As for the Google search, site:neogaf.com halo 3 long matchmaking times.
First result, easy peasy. :p

Indeed, things are running pretty smoothly. Except for AR starts on Valhalla.

Anyways, if you guys want/need another in your Halo 3 escapades, I'd be happy to join. I'm no 50, but I'm not terrible either.
Ha, I just searched "Halo 3 matchmaking" and got nothing close. Was all stuff from the Reach Reveal thread lol.

Also, while we played our three or four H3 games, I think we still saw Rockets Valhalla and Team Duals each pop up...god the playlists are so wretched for that game.

Justice is good I used DVNO for a quick doubleshot/quickscope montage in Halo 2.

Dedication/Time
Complete 24 Daily Challenges this week.

Barrow Roll said:

To be fair I was trying to go in as a team of 3 at 50 high. In social stuff its not so bad, but when you want to scratch your snipers itch matchmaking is horrible.

Shake Appeal said:
Partly your own fault for being from the UK, bob!

Very true lol!

Good games guys, nice Perfections Dani. :p Ill try and wake up a little and jump back on H3 if people are interested. The Reach weekly is kinda tempting though.

As for a montage, I would be interested in seeing how the music from this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VywzNrXgN1w works played to Halo gameplay. I can kinda imagine someone matching up the BR shots to the stuttery beat, not sure how it would work for a Reach montage. In general though its not really montage music. :p

Epic interview with Frankie. (sorry if its been posted already):

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...we-dont-always-get-it-right-but-we-love-halo/

We're looking to prove ourselves to the gamers. We're not going to rest on our laurels but neither are we going to just reinvent the wheel just because we want to mark it with our stamp. Every single person we hired wants to work on a Halo game because they love Halo. Nobody wants to work on a Halo game because they like driving games right?

Ultimately the core game mechanic and strength of the universe doesn't need to be changed, it just needs to be taken deeper. We want to make Halo games - we don't want to make Call of Duty or Ridge Racer. We want to make Halo games because we understand what's special about Halo.

Love you Frankie.

Who knows. We could do something that works on Kinect, for example. There's no will against it but we're not working on it right now.

ewww.

Shake Appeal said:
Some songs I would put Halo montages to, if I made Halo montages:

Kahn - Like We Used To
Lil B - I'm God (includes the line "I got killers putting cash on Halo")
Drake - Fireworks [Deadboy's Slo-Mo House Edit]

Tashi, if you make a montage to 'I'm God' I will love you forever.
That Kahn song is legit.

Karl2177 said:
What are you using for music? I've thought Justice would make some awesome montage songs.
Have you heard this monstrous remix of Phantom Pt. 2 by Boys Noize? Catchy as all get out.

Top Bottom