• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Trasher

Lead Based Paint said:
You miss it?

Lol Reach's Hog is the bounciest and least stable of the series.
That was the other thing I noticed while playing H3 last night. The Reach hog BLOWS in terms of driving it around. It's quite unrealistic and frustrating when your hog in Reach will get tipped over from someone shooting it with a pistol. Wtf @ hog physics in Reach.

zlatko

Banned
Crucio said:
Man Unearthed is just an enjoyable FF map. Well made beyond many that came before it.

One thing I need from Bungie/343i is the game time to be increased for that map. I rarely encounter an Arcade game that gets past the 2-4th wave of the last round. Its kinda frustrating. Especially if we end up with AFC people.

I haven't had this happen yet, but can this map be played in the matchmaking for competitive multiplayer? It's such a good map that I'd love to play team slayer on it. :)

GhaleonEB

Crucio said:
Man Unearthed is just an enjoyable FF map. Well made beyond many that came before it.

One thing I need from Bungie/343i is the game time to be increased for that map. I rarely encounter an Arcade game that gets past the 2-4th wave of the last round. Its kinda frustrating. Especially if we end up with AFC people.
This touches on one of the things I wonder about in the playlist management: all maps in a given playlist are configured similarly. Corvette and Overlook have the same time limits, while all maps in a MP playlist have the same load outs. I wish they would tailor the settings on a per-map basis.

Unearthed is indeed fantastic. In Score Attack, try Crashsite. Some of the most intense 10 minutes you can have in the entire game. On most of the maps the defense strategy is pretty one-dimensional, but on Unearthed, every time I play I figure out better and better ways to hold each location.
zlatko said:
I haven't had this happen yet, but can this map be played in the matchmaking for competitive multiplayer? It's such a good map that I'd love to play team slayer on it. :)
Multiplayer and Firefight use different game engines, and the map would have to be rebuilt as a MP map. Jeremiah on the Optimatch forums said converting one to the other would be like building a new map from scratch.

zlatko

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
This touches on one of the things I wonder about in the playlist management: all maps in a given playlist are configured similarly. Corvette and Overlook have the same time limits, while all maps in a MP playlist have the same load outs. I wish they would tailor the settings on a per-map basis.

Unearthed is indeed fantastic. In Score Attack, try Crashsite. Some of the most intense 10 minutes you can have in the entire game. On most of the maps the defense strategy is pretty one-dimensional, but on Unearthed, every time I play I figure out better and better ways to hold each location.

Multiplayer and Firefight use different game engines, and the map would have to be rebuilt as a MP map. Jeremiah on the Optimatch forums said converting one to the other would be like building a new map from scratch.

Strange. I would have thought it'd be just a matter of placing spawn points and throwing in power weapon points.

Karl2177

zlatko said:
Strange. I would have thought it'd be just a matter of placing spawn points and throwing in power weapon points.
If you want to get technical, I think it is because the .map file has the netcode built in. Since FF uses synchronous and MP uses asynchronous, they'd have to be separate files.

MrBig said:
It's because of the techniques they use to build them and the required objects that would need to be in the maps for it to be able to be used with gametypes from the MP side.
This makes more sense.

MrBig

Karl2177 said:
If you want to get technical, I think it is because the .map file has the netcode built in. Since FF uses synchronous and MP uses asynchronous, they'd have to be separate files.
It's because of the techniques they use to build them and the required objects that would need to be in the maps for it to be able to be used with gametypes from the MP side.

Crucio

Cool stuff! I finally managed to get the Defiant Stockpile achievement!

I followed the suggestion of someone who said to go in Team Objective, lo and behold it was a lot easier to get it then I thought. Awesome.

Now all that's left is that pesky 960000 points in Halo Wars. Worst achievement in Halo history.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Happy Birthday Ghaleon!

I'm heading home from being out the whole weekend. I have like 3 days to gather clips and put out this weeks montage. Lol I'm fucked. I'm gonna do my best to get clips. I have only one so far.

MrBig

Finally putting a face to the voice I've been hearing for 10 years is just going to make me smile more whenever I get medals

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Decom said:
Interesting that he says that "Cheneymania" was for killing a teammate rather than getting a 10 kill spree with the shotgun (as it was in the H3 beta). Either way, it's too bad that they didn't keep it in the game.

He was just assuming. He would have got the scripts with rough explanations.

OuterWorldVoice said:
He was just assuming. He would have got the scripts with rough explanations.
Yeah I was going to say this is just likely an assumption on his part. I doubt they would have told him many details regarding what the announcements were specifically for.

Frankie this guy sounds much different than the Halo 1 voice actor... Is it a different person? Or did you guys just ask for a different style of voice from him.

GhaleonEB

I do wish "you suck" had been kept somehow. I'd be hearing it a lot in Multiplayer. :lol

It's great to have a face for that voice, guy looks awesome.

Tashi

GhaleonEB said:
I do wish "you suck" had been kept somehow. I'd be hearing it a lot in Multiplayer. :lol

It's great to have a face for that voice, guy looks awesome.
It would be good for when a player drops a goose egg in a match lol.

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
I'm getting on tonight. But I'm gonna be going for montage plays in MLG lol
Well that will take years. Triple kills get boring. Hopefully you can do a bit more in your next one. It was quite the yawn-fest!

Tashi

Trasher said:
Well that will take years. Triple kills get boring. Hopefully you can do a bit more in your next one. It was quite the yawn-fest!

LOL

You're right though, I need more than just triples. I feel like I won't get too many clips for this montage but if I get an overkill, I'll be alright.

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
LOL

You're right though, I need more than just triples. I feel like I won't get too many clips for this montage but if I get an overkill, I'll be alright.
Haha I'm just messin' with ya, bro!

Tashi

Trasher said:
Haha I'm just messin' with ya, bro!

;)

I think the population floats around a couple thousand. I honestly don't pay much attention to the population counter when I'm on.

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
;)

I think the population floats around a couple thousand. I honestly don't pay much attention to the population counter when I'm on.
You should dong on kids with me, Nutter, and Ram for a bit IMO.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tashi0106 said:
;)

I do because with low population counts you either end up against people way better/worse than you or people across the globe.

Karl2177

Tashi0106 said:
LOL

What are you using for music? I've thought Justice would make some awesome montage songs.

GhaleonEB

I've been putting poor, AFK or griefing players on my Live avoid list for a few weeks in the Limited playlist. I'm honestly shocked I even get matched up at this point since that describes about 90% of the playlist population. I mean, seriously people. Please shoot more, my wrist isn't designed for that kind of work.

And I started a thread about it on Optimatch, but betrayal booting needs to be turned back on. While gunfire and grenade-based friendly fire is turned off, players can kill others with a vehicle, or while a player is in a vehicle by destroying it (one reason I never, ever get in them). It's hard to do this on accident. But as it is, about half of the games on Beachead turn into me dodging ghosts and Warthogs as guys go for team mate splatters. And with betrayal booting turned off, we have no recourse at all. There's no reason for it to be off.

Tashi

Trasher said:
You should dong on kids with me, Nutter, and Ram for a bit IMO.

If MLG isn't working out and I'm playing like shit, I'll hit you guys up for sure.

Music wise, I don't know who Justice is. Link me a song. I have a song in mind already but I don't know how it'll work out.

Ramirez

It's wonderful how Bungie implements easy ways to grief in their game, like joining playlists with one more player than can actually be on your team, so that extra guy can quit and leave your team a man down, I mean really...?

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
Cool songs. Genesis sounds like it might be a little repetitive for a montage. Don't ya think?
Aren't your triple kill montages repetitive as well? It would work well together!
lololololol ;P

Top Bottom