• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

LosDaddie said:
Damn...that's a nice Weekly there.
it would be, if the daily challenges were more creative and fun to do other than killing so many enemies. all the "challenges" are just things you will get by just progressively playing.

So who is amped for the Team Classic Playlist tomorrow?

I am, but that AR/pistol gametype is gonna be terrible with 110% damage.

Here's hoping most people vote for rifles (DMR/NR)

GhaleonEB

Meta-game for the Firefight Challenges today: do them all in the same game. I did it on Score Attack 2X on Corvette, adding the three sticky grenade sprees to the six killing sprees. Got a jackpot of 3,000 cR to go alongside the 3,000 for the Challenges. I actually saw the the progress bar move.

The Real Napsta said:
So who is amped for the Team Classic Playlist tomorrow?

I am, but that AR/pistol gametype is gonna be terrible with 110% damage.

Here's hoping most people vote for rifles (DMR/NR)

Is there actually any difference in damage with the pistol/DMR/NR? I can't get on my xbox right now to try it.

But yes, I'm pretty hyped for it, the only probleme is my testweek starts this week so I don't think I have much time to try it =(

Tha Robbertster said:
Is there actually any difference in damage with the pistol/DMR/NR? I can't get on my xbox right now to try it.

But yes, I'm pretty hyped for it, the only probleme is my testweek starts this week so I don't think I have much time to try it =(
The change is weapon damage on the whole iirc.

chess

Yeah the AR's are pretty rough on the smaller maps. It plays better with AR pickups and DMR/pistol NR/pistol spawns.

NR may not be classic but it's SO good with the classic settings. :)

Tha Robbertster said:
Yeah, I should've formulated my question differently: Is the DMR/Pistol now a 4 shot kill or doesn't this make a difference with these settings?

No, you have to do 110% damage/90% resistance or 125% damage/110% resistance to achieve this and it makes nades, rockets, sniper too powerfull.

Like I said before. Halo 4 individual weapons clip/damage control.

The problem with %100 damage in AR/Pistol is that it makes the AR kill faster but the pistol is still a 5 shot kill.

It's gonna be a AR/nade fest.

Rifles is fun though.

The Real Napsta said:
The problem with %100 damage in AR/Pistol is that it makes the AR kill faster but the pistol is still a 5 shot kill.

It's gonna be a AR/nade fest.

Rifles is fun though.

I really hope DMR starts is given a big percentage, infact if it was up to me there wouldn't even be AR starts, the customs that we did a few weeks ago was pretty much exclusively DMR's and it was awesome. I get the feeling matchmaking is going to be AR starts most of the time. :(

Dax01 said:
Just realized the dude who voiced Regret in Halo 2 played Byron in Babylon 5.

The more you know.

Are you talking about Robin Atkin Downes?

He's also the voice of Travis Touchdown in No More Heroes.

That dude makes his living doing video game voiceovers.

Edit: Didn't Bungie decide against increasing the weapon damage in Classic? In the last Classic customs games I played in, someone mentioned that it's not going to be altered. And if I remember correctly, we didn't have the damage increased in our games.

So this could be pottentially awesome...

I have been talking to the nephew of the Halo Voice Guy and he said he is going to Seattle next month and would be able to do 'requests'.

So do you guys have any ideas what I should ask for? I was thinking we could compile a list of things we want him to say, and I will pass it along.

Send me a PM or just reply in here.

Devin Olsen said:

I have been talking to the nephew of the Halo Voice Guy and he said he is going to Seattle next month and would be able to do 'requests'.

So do you guys have any ideas what I should ask for? I was thinking we could compile a list of things we want him to say, and I will pass it along.

"Calling Spree! Duncan can't Reach the phone right now so leave a message after the beep."
Just kidding.

kylej

Banned
Devin Olsen said:

"Shishka'd."

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Devin Olsen said:

"HaloGAF!"

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Tha Robbertster said:
Does the V3 gametypes play very differently from V2, in terms of just gunplay and gametypes? I kinda got used to V2 now/

Not really, gameplay wise. The major differences are the addition and removal of some maps. CTF 5 flag has no touch return now though. It's like how Halo 3 used to be. That changes CTF 5 dramatically.

Tunavi

Banned
Devin Olsen said:

Welcome to Reach
Deal With it
Camper
Halo 2 Arcade
Happy Birthday
HaloGAF
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Just random things I thought would be funny to hear

"Bobs is awesome"

I would actually love to hear him saying everyday stuff lol.

"Pass the salt", "Ill drive", "wheres the remote" - it would be funny as hell to have a conversation with him while hes using the voice.

Im suprised Sai Kun hasnt posted asking for a lady gaga song to be Halovised.

wwm0nkey

More concept art from that Halo: Faith short movie.

234a5d.jpg

JonCha

Would be good to do some impressions that could be used as message tones on our phone. That would be sick.

Oh, and 'Armour Lock' has to be in there somewhere haha.

Get some of our names done as well?

What were the updates again? Adding Action Sack and Classic playlists? Really curious to see what they stick in Action Sack and haven't tried Classic at all so that should be interesting.

wwm0nkey

Squall ASF said:
What were the updates again? Adding Action Sack and Classic playlists? Really curious to see what they stick in Action Sack and haven't tried Classic at all so that should be interesting.
Power Slayer- special kills give you special things like faster movement speed, more damage, invis and ect.

Hockey

Speedflag/pile. CTF and stockpile with the ability to shoot and use AA's while the flag is on your back.

Tashi0106 said:
Not really, gameplay wise. The major differences are the addition and removal of some maps. CTF 5 flag has no touch return now though. It's like how Halo 3 used to be. That changes CTF 5 dramatically.

There no health recharge in V3 as well.

wwm0nkey said:
Power Slayer- special kills give you special things like faster movement speed, more damage, invis and ect.

Hockey

Speedflag/pile. CTF and stockpile with the ability to shoot and use AA's while the flag is on your back.

Power Slayer sounds crazy, not sure how hockey will work but sounds interesting. Will check out.

GhaleonEB

Wait, what?

Was there an influx of stupid that I was not informed of? Dudes were jetpacking all over Hemorrhage. MP Challenges might be easier to get this week than I thought if this keeps up. :lol

Squall ASF said:

I'll just post the whole list of changes because so many people are asking what is coming tomorrow
ACTION SACK
This is a new 4v4 playlist inspired by community map and game variants. The initial lineup isn’t as insane as some players may expect, we’re using this playlist to introduce new gametypes that we’ve scripted up. We’ll be looking at feedback and suggestions for future additions to this playlist, so drop by the Optimatch forum and tell us about your favorite wacky 4v4 gametypes!

Power Slayer
This Slayer gametype is designed to allow players to gain special traits based on the types of kills they perform. Currently there are traits for Basic Kill, Melee Kill, Assassination Kill and Headshot Kill. Each time you perform one of these kills you will gain the traits assigned to that kill for 10 seconds. Killing another player during this period will refresh your timer back to 10 seconds and extend your powers. You can also chain them together to gain multiple types of powers, so if you Melee Kill a player and then Headshot Kill a player before your timer runs out, you’ll gain the traits of both kill types. We haven’t finalized the default traits for each kill type yet, but these will also be configurable in custom games so you can create your own!

Speedpile
The idea of this gametype was based on Stockpile and allows players to carry multiple flags on their back while still using weapons, vehicles and equipment. When a player touches a flag it will automatically attach to their back and will only drop when they are killed. Flags can be assigned different point values which are displayed above the flag in your HUD. Flags which are worth more than 1 point will be larger and on fire as well. Delivering the flags to your Speedpile goal zone will instantly score them and cause the flags to respawn at their original location. This is not a Stockpile variant, so if you want to setup your own maps to work with the gametype you’ll need to Forge it using the Speedpile game variant to have access to the appropriate labels.

Speedflag
This one is pretty simple, it’s a CTF variant which allows you to carry the flag on your back at all times. Just like in Speedpile, you can still use weapons, vehicles and equipment without dropping the flag. It’s worth mentioning that the only way to drop the flag is to either score or be killed, so make sure you want to carry the flag as long as possible before picking it up, you can’t pass it off to a teammate without sacrificing yourself. This game variant will work with any map which is already setup for CTF.

HammerBall / Hockey
In this gametype, Golf Balls spawn on specific points and players use Gravity Hammers to hit them towards a board which has multiple goals that each have different point values. The map we setup was one we found in the Community and we mirrored it so each team of 4 is back to back with a barrier preventing them from interfering with each other, unless of course you’re playing HammerBall Xtreme. The goals are created by team specific hill markers labeled as goals with spawn sequencer set to the point value of the goal. If the Golf Ball reaches the goal, it will be scored and your team will score points equal to the score specified in the object properties. This brings me to our next gametype… Hockey! Hockey uses a game variant of HammerBall and is played on a hockey rink map that we found in the Community as well.

TEAM CLASSIC
This is a new 4v4 playlist featuring game variants with no equipment and custom settings, as well as remakes of Classic Halo maps we found in the Community.

Player Traits which differ from default Slayer:
• Shield Recharge Rate 110%
• Health Recharge Rate 110%
• Damage Modifier 110%
• Melee Modifier 75%
• Player Speed 120%
• Jump Height 125%
• Player Gravity 150%

Maps we plan to use:
• Battle Canyon
• Dreadnought
• High Noon
• Hydro
• Magus
• Prolonged
• Prophet
• Rat Trap
• Rockout

Editor’s Note: You can find all of these maps in the community file collection, but a few have been renamed. Jeremiah was too lazy to link them and he bailed early today. Jerk! I’ll try to round them up for next week so you can take them for a spin prior to the official introduction in matchmaking - Urk

COMMUNITY BTB
Our first round of Community BTB will run in April, featuring BTB maps from the Forgetacular submissions. Future rounds of Community BTB will be lovingly crafted by our Community Cartographers group.

Maps we plan to use:
• Bendarius Ridge
• Montana Gambit
• Outcrop
• Renegade
• Ridged
• Rift

MLG
The MLG playlist will be updated with the MLG V3 maps and gametypes, the lineup can be found below. Visit www.majorleaguegaming.com for more info!

Due to the inclusion of more 100% Forged map variants which do not adequately support splitscreen, the MLG playlist now has a Max Local Players count of 1.

MLG Team Slayer v3
• MLG Countdown v3
• MLG Element v3.1
• MLG Nexus v3
• MLG Sanctuary v3.1
• MLG Zealot v3
• MLG Retroactive v3
• MLG Android v3
MLG CTF 5 v3
• MLG Countdown v3
• MLG Element v3.1
• MLG Zealot v3
• MLG Nexus v3
• MLG Android v3
MLG CTF 3 v3
• MLG Sanctuary v3.1
MLG Bomb Zeal v3
• MLG Zealot v3
MLG Bomb Count v3
• MLG Countdown v3
MLG Bomb Sanc v3
• MLG Sanctuary v3.1
MLG King v3
• MLG Zealot v3
• MLG Countdown v3
• MLG Element v3.1
MLG Territories v3
• MLG Sanctuary v3.1

DOUBLE TEAM
We’re adding sequential King of the Hill to our 2v2 lineup.

The following maps have been modified to support sequential hill in Double Team:
• Unanchored
• Countdown
• Asylum
• Arena Zealot

Random List of Additional Changes

• KOTH now has game variant support for Multiple Teammate Scoring allowing multiple teammates to gain score for their team while in the hill.
• All KOTH matchmaking variants now have a hill movement time of 1 minute.
• All KOTH matchmaking gametypes now allow equipment use while in the hill (2v2/4v4 gametypes limit equipment to Sprint, Jetpack and Hologram – Armor Lock removed from all KOTH loadouts).
• All KOTH matchmaking gametypes now have 1 frag starting grenades.
• Added a HUD widget for CTF gametypes which show when your flag is away from home or held by an enemy.
• More softkills on Pinnacle, Uncaged, Hemorrhage, Countdown and Asylum.
• Modified all default matchmaking map variants to support a static initial hill while playing Crazy Random King.
• Slayer game variants in 6v6 playlists are now 75 to win.
• 3 Ball is now 300 to win.
• Replaced Banshees with Falcons in all non-Invasion gametypes on Breakpoint.
• Increased Banshee respawn time to 180s on Paradiso.
• Decreased the frequency of Bro Slayer and Invasion Skirmish in the Noble Map Pack playlist.
• Replaced all Slayer game entries on The Cage with Uncaged in all playlists.
• Removed all objective game entries on The Cage in all playlists.
• Removed Pinnacle from Team Snipers.
• Removed Evade from The Arena and Double Team gametypes.

Was hoping for a multiplayer weekly this week with all these sweet playlist changes this week. That daily's weekly is MAN SIZED. You can only miss four challenges, I don't have time to play that much.

A27_StarWolf said:
I thought they took the damage modifier out of classic?

Assault rifle here I come!

No they just changed what it was. Originally it was the damage/resistance that made the DMR a 4sk, but that also makes it a 5sk to the body, which is awful, so they switched it to 110 dmg.

It makes the NR a 6sk, which is great I think, but the AR is now a 16sk I believe, so it will g-rape.

KevinRo

Devin Olsen said:

Can you ask him to say, "Get DONGED on" ?

Would make my day.

Top Bottom