• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Willeth

urk said:
And Hank-040, who infamously wore his armor backwards and spent the rest of his days in space retirement with a second, fully-functional, frontward-facing butt crack.

It's totally canon!
I heard in space retirement you get a space pension of spacebucks, confirm/deny

Willeth said:
If SPARTANs have children, the children do have increased agility, strength, awareness and so forth, yes. If you listen to I Love Bees, the radio play created for Halo 2's launch, it's in there. I'd recommend listening to it if you care at all about Halo - it's great. I'm not sure if it's completely canon, but I definitely want it to be. Note that this pertains to survivors of the ORION project, or SPARTAN Is - Kat and Carter are SPARTAN IIIs, and as SPARTAN IIIs are designed to be expendable powerhouses rather than the expensive near-immortals the SPARTAN IIs are, such as Master Chief, the different steroids and chemicals used to boost their performance may affect their offspring in different ways.

As regards limbs, it's possible that SPARTAN children could be deformed due to the supplements and steroids they were given, similar to how some children in our society were born with defects due to medicines and chemicals given to the mother during pregnancy. However, Kat's arm was lost in combat rather than a birth defect, and so any children she might have would not be affected by her lacking her right arm.

Of course, all of this is moot in the case of Kat and Carter, as they're clearly strict professionals.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of answering these questions, you know...
if spartan III go back in time and mate with spartan I does baby come out spartan II?

Willeth

Lake Minnetonka said:
if spartan III go back in time and mate with spartan I does baby come out spartan II?
Hah, okay. Maybe I was wrong before.

Still, though... while it wouldn't work exactly like that, I am now wondering what abilities or issues the hypothetical offspring of a III and I would have. I would assume that the traits of the I would be dominant, giving the child an extreme personality, and the traits of the III would be irrelevant.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
What map is this report from? Sniper, Ghost/s, Hog/s, Mancannon

Valhalla? No. =/

Investigation

Game 1: 30 kbps
Game 2: 15 kbps
Game 3: 15 kbps and 5 ms latency
Game 4: 30 kbps and 150 ms latency
Game 5: 15 kbps and 150 ms latency
Game 6: 15 kbps and 300 ms latency

////////////////// game2, spark08

291.3 (4:50) – Enemy ghost warping. Interesting that ghost warped. It was not moving much. Looks like mostly a rotational warp (changing look vector as it turned).

////////////////// game3, spark08

36.5 (0:42) – Enemy ghost warping while firing at it from warthog gunner seat. Ghost was in close proximity.

////////////////// game5, spark01

254.1 (???) – Film error

////////////////// game5, spark02

63.1 (1:07) – Warthog blending bug and animation weirdness. Looks like there might be minor camera and biped warping, but it’s hard to tell with the animations looking so weird.
231.2 (3:57) – Biped warping halfway across the map (player was zoomed in on them with DMR).

////////////////// game5, spark10

20.1. (0:27) No issue. Grenade explosion covered the enemy biped melee lunge animation and made it appear like a warp. No warp actually occurred.

////////////////// game5, spark11

70.0 (1:12) – Melee lunge mistaken for warping. No issue.
166.4 (2:49) – Camera moves erratically when enemy boards your ghost. This part doesn’t look like a network issue. After the boarding, the vehicle warped as the enemy exited it.

////////////////// game5, spark12

208.0 (3:25) – Player got assassinated. Looks fine.
236.9 (3:54) – Enemy ghost minor warping.

////////////////// game5, spark17

21.0 (0:25) – Ally biped warps while in view of zoomed in sniper rifle.

////////////////// game6, spark02

130.5 (2:17) – Ally biped warped during lunge.
142.9 (2:28) – Crazy shield/damage flashes made CQB look bad. No actual warping occurred.

////////////////// game6, spark03

0.0 (0:07) – Ally biped warping while flying out of mancannon
294.6 (4:59) – Warthog killed player, looked like they might have dodged it. This could be attributed to the broken warthog blending in this build.
299.8 (5:02) – Respawn counter jumped from 5 to 1.

////////////////// game6, spark06

0.0 (0:05) – Ally biped warped standing on rock in front of water base. Film author was about to step on mancannon.
0.0 (0:07) – Film author rubber-banding while flying off mancannon
21.0 (0:30) – More mancannon warping
96.8 (1:45) – Nothing looked out of the ordinary.
191.7 (3:10) – Enemy ghost minor warping
305.6 (5:12) – Enemy biped blended through warthog. Expected behavior (physics are host authoritative, so clients can see blending models pass through objects).

////////////////// game6, spark07

Film error

////////////////// game6, spark09

70.4 (1:18) – Player blending into ragdoll animation looked odd. Doesn’t appear to be a network issue.
172.8 (???) – Film error

////////////////// game6, spark10

30.1 (0:39) – Some MINOR warping of an ally waypoint (service tag Z113 – Spark09).

////////////////// game6, spark15

91.4 (1:34) – While driving a ghost, player got hijacked. Camera moved erratically and animations looked off.

////////////////// game6, spark16

0.0 (0:05) – While going off mancannon, player rubber-banded in-flight

////////////////// game6, spark18

88.6 (1:36) – Player rubber-banded while flying off mancannon. This was the most extreme case (most rubber-bands).

GUI, Big, bobs, good games fellas. I thought that maybe nostalgia was clouding my thoughts, but I genuinely enjoy Halo 3's gameplay to Reach, flaws and all. I really hope the Classic playlist can recapture some of the magic.

And Citadel remake for Classic playlist please.

Willeth

Dani said:
What map is this report from? Sniper, Ghost/s, Hog/s, Mancannon

Valhalla? No. =/
What game is this from? 3 or Reach?

EDIT: There you go.

E2: Oh, is this from the Matchmaking article? I haven't had a chance to look it over yet. Tomorrow's job.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dear Frankie,

My brother bought Halo under my command, he will soon be getting the map packs too.

So your next few rounds of Bacon booze are on me. ;)

Sincerely,

Alienshogun

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Willeth said:
I would assume the initial Spartan spawn for Invasion, where the Banshee sits. There's a river there.

Hmm, maybe. Wouldn't really describe that spawn as a base of any sort though. Totally forgot about that map and the water stream.

Striker

Willeth said:
I would assume the initial Spartan spawn for Invasion, where the Banshee sits. There's a river there.
I.E. the only location that is used in Spire outside the first phase in Invasion for spawns.

They can easily make Spire and Boneyard into decent one-sided 1-flag and 1-bomb maps, sigh.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Ok.

Ok.

Ok.

Fuck Highlands. I am not touching that broken ass map until they fix the weapons and it becomes the best map ever.

Will only play in customs.

Honestly I get so mad on that map.
Bro u mad.

Here have a Rocket Launcher.
wdeb7l.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
urk said:
Check his games. He's playing. He's playing a lot, but he's playing.

Grifball.

On subject of networking improvements, I just pushed Aldridge's "I Shot You First!" deck talking about Reach's sweet netcode. I'm sure you'll all find the Armor Lock examination fascinating. ;)
Oh awesome! I love this stuff. Thanks!

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
Countin' down the minutes until the sweet new Action Sack playlist.

Baby, it's been too long.
Aye. I like that the Weekly and the new playlist goods hit the same week, it'll be fun rolling through it all week.

Kibbles

Are the classic maps coming from the community or did Bungie make them?

I like Highlands, don't have the problems everyone else has. Spire however, is one of the shittiest maps in Halo history I'd say, for BTB. Invasion is better on it, but I hate when I get it on BTB.

Hey You

Community BTB was never scheduled to start on the 29th. It's part of the April lineup but will not go live until April 5th.

The big update goes live tomorrow, I can't give you an exact time but it will probably be in the afternoon (PST).
And the new Halo Gametypes are now available for download from Jeremiahs fileshare!

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/fileshare.aspx?player=Ninja 0n Fire

-(Alpha) Zombie

-Haloball

-Speedpile

-Power Slayer

Speedpile and Soccer are under a new gametype called "Insane". The Announcer will say "Action sack" when the game starts.

Good games, PNut.

Halo 3 + Reach's netcode = Heaven.

The latency is my only issue with Halo 3.

I've grown fond of Reach's gameplay, but I can only play it for 30 minutes to an hour without getting bored.

If it wasn't for my girlfriend's birthday today
the big 19!
I would've played Halo 3 all night.

I appreciate Reach for what it is and the effort Bungie put into it, but after going back to Halo 3 for the first time in months, Reach's multiplayer doesn't compare.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out why. I'm just going to say what's going through my head right now.

The BR is such a powerful feeling weapon. My main issue with the DMR is that it's a single-shot rifle.

I don't feel like a badass soldier firing one bullet at a time. It's why I use the Needle Rifle.

But then you have to contend with bloom. So even when I use the Nerfle, I have to keep my pace slow to win the fight.

I feel constrained in Reach's multiplayer. I feel like I've been drugged with a chemical that makes me inaccurate, and I have to focus and fight off the effects to stay alive.

In Halo 3, it wasn't my fault for the weapon's inaccuracy. It's how the BR was made.

In Reach, it's all me by design. And it's frustrating.

Hey You

Tunavi said:
Customs tonight?
You'll only be able to play Power Slayer and Alpha Zombies as you need maps set up specifically for the gametypes.

Edit: Haha in Default power slayer, you feet are lit on fire and leave a trail behind you.

Assassination = Camo + Feet Flames
Melee = Feet Flames
Headshot: Orange + Feet Flames

Trasher said:
So after watching the Steitzer video, Youtube lead me on a journey to a Steve Downes documentary, and then to a Jen Taylor sort of travel documentary as well. Guess who she visited first in that video?! Did she really not tell some of these people who she was until after talking to them a bit, and did they really not know it was her? These videos are super old I know, but I had never seen them before haha.

First time watching the Downes video, that was great. Still prefer the Jen Taylor one, it really is priceless when people realize who she is.
I'd have the exact same reaction.

Hey You said:
Edit: Haha in Default power slayer, you feet are lit on fire and leave a trail behind you.

Assassination = Camo + Feet Flames
Melee = Feet Flames
Headshot: Orange + Feet Flames
urk said:
wwm0nkey said:
But what about the face melting D:

Feet.
Oh, you.

KS Seven X said:
Do you know if any pros acknowledge the Onza? Also Final Boss looked really good at their last lan.
From what I've heard, the latest MLG equipment rules pretty much unban the Onza. And it was made with feedback and testing from pros. I don't know any names as I care little about pros. :I

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Alienshogun said:
Dear Frankie,

My brother bought Halo under my command, he will soon be getting the map packs too.

So your next few rounds of Bacon booze are on me. ;)

Sincerely,

Alienshogun

Riches.

wwm0nkey

I like the feet being lit on fire bit :lol

Power slayer seems like it will be a lot of fun, wish speedpile would work on regular maps though D:

again if anyone is up for some power slayer or alpha zombies you should join :D

Tashi

I'm checking out that powerpoint presentation now...but hey, I didn't know David Aldridge works for Bungie...

daldridge1.jpeg

lol

KS Seven X said:
Do you know if any pros acknowledge the Onza? Also Final Boss looked really good at their last lan.

There are multiple threads up in the MLG forums offering reviews of the Onza. If you look through the official feedback thread over there I'm sure you'll find some opinions from the pro's; I know Defy has posted in there for sure. Opinions vary as to whether it is better than the offical pad, though a majority consesus seems to have formed in favour of the Onza.

Hey You said:
And the new Halo Gametypes are now available for download from Jeremiahs fileshare!

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/fileshare.aspx?player=Ninja 0n Fire

-(Alpha) Zombie

-Haloball

-Speedpile

-Power Slayer

Speedpile and Soccer are under a new gametype called "Insane". The Announcer will say "Action sack" when the game starts.

Oh shit cool beans.

Anyone on now that wants to when some customs on these gametypes? I want to try them out. GT: Steelyuhas5

Tashi0106 said:
I'm checking out that powerpoint presentation now...but hey, I didn't know David Aldridge works for Bungie...

daldridge1.jpeg

lol

LAWLZ

CyReN

Barrow Roll said:
Shiiiit, I gotta check if my local Best Buy has it. America or Canada?

I got mine in SE Detroit, they had 2.

KS Seven X said:

Defy (H2/H3) Pro used it, he's still uncdecided, he did cut down the triggers because of how they are.

Barrow Roll said:
From what I've heard, the latest MLG equipment rules pretty much unban the Onza. And it was made with feedback and testing from pros. I don't know any names as I care little about pros. :I

It is unbanned. I think only Defy and Heinz have it atm.

MLG Dallas this weekend also, can't wait.

Tashi

CyReN said:
MLG Dallas this weekend also, can't wait.

Me neither. I might be doing the Dallas thread for GAF. I'm just waiting on word from another guy who usually does them.

Top Bottom