• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Tawpgun

Hey You said:
You'll only be able to play Power Slayer and Alpha Zombies as you need maps set up specifically for the gametypes.

Edit: Haha in Default power slayer, you feet are lit on fire and leave a trail behind you.

Assassination = Camo + Feet Flames
Melee = Feet Flames
Headshot: Orange + Feet Flames

wat

Lazslo

Tashi0106 said:
Me neither. I might be doing the Dallas thread for GAF. I'm just waiting on word from another guy who usually does them.
Nice I really enjoy watching that shit. I wish office MLG Halo: Reach brackets were acceptable- I would probably get fired if I tried.

CyReN

Tashi0106 said:
Me neither. I might be doing the Dallas thread for GAF. I'm just waiting on word from another guy who usually does them.

Can't wait. I'll be doing support over at MLG, if anybody needs anything PM me.

Also Walshy isn't going to Dallas anymore.

Tunavi

Banned
Zee-V70 said:
Do the feet flames show up when you walk through water?
FWhLY.png

CyReN

The Real Napsta said:
What happened? What about the rest of "Carbon"?

Tashi0106 said:
Whaaaaa why?

Personal reasons from what I was told by a actual person that knows the situation. Their are a lot of "bad" rumors going around right now. He is ok though. The things going on right now for him are more important than a MLG event.

GhaleonEB

I just had a wonderful game of Firefight Limited on Coutyard; I get matched up with one dude, who doesn't move for a while. And when he does, it's to shoot a Grunt and then quit. So it's me, solo, against the entire Firefight Limited horde for half an hour.

Which is the way I'd like to be able to play in Score Attack. Yay!

I do decently, three deaths and nearly get through the Set. Score of 54,785, 286 kills and three deaths.

Here's a (crummy) screenshot of the post game report that's on my TV (pardon the flash, that turned out to be the most clear image):

IMG_4975.jpg

Note his score of 47 points.

I hop over to bungie.net, as I often do, to look at the details of the game. This game, the actual one I played with this johnsonks fellow, does not appear on bungie.net. It's replaced by this one, with him not quitting, going +70 with a score of 7,723 , me +35 with a score of 2,976.

That game never took place, but it's what was recorded. The epic game I just had, doesn't exist on b.net.

What on earth?

GhaleonEB said:
I just had a wonderful game of Firefight Limited on Coutyard; I get matched up with one dude, who doesn't move for a while. And when he does, it's to shoot a Grunt and then quit. So it's me, solo, against the entire Firefight Limited horde for half an hour.

Which is the way I'd like to be able to play in Score Attack. Yay!

I do decently, three deaths and nearly get through the Set. Score of 54,785, 286 kills and three deaths.

Here's a (crummy) screenshot of the post game report that's on my TV (pardon the flash, that turned out to be the most clear image):

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p172/ghaleoneb/IMG_4975.jpg

Note his score of 47 points.

I hop over to bungie.net, as I often do, to look at the details of the game. This game, the actual one I played with this johnsonks fellow, does not appear on bungie.net. It's replaced by this one, with him not quitting, going +70 with a score of 7,723 , me +35 with a score of 2,976.

That game never took place, but it's what was recorded. The epic game I just had, doesn't exist on b.net.

What on earth?

I don't think he quit. I think you lagged out. It said that you didn't finish the game.

I think what happened is that you lagged out around 3,000, so he had to actually play the game.

If you look at the enemies killed over time, he doesn't start scoring points until you plateau around 3,000.

Edit: Maybe B.net chose his game over yours? I don't know how that aspect of stat tracking works.

GhaleonEB said:

What on earth?

What?

I have never heard anything like that. Crazyness.

GhaleonEB

Hitmonchan107 said:
I don't think he quit. I think you lagged out. It said that you didn't finish the game.

I think what happened is that you lagged out around 3,000, so he had to actually play the game.

If you look at the enemies killed over time, he doesn't start scoring points until you plateau around 3,000.

Edit: Maybe B.net chose his game over yours? I don't know how that aspect of stat tracking works.
I don't think I lagged out, I was clearly host and had no issues. But it does seem the game peeled us off into our own games, and then recorded his instead of mine.

Edit: just saw your edit.

But to make this point again, this is what I want to play in Score Attack. Please urk, ask Lars/NoF/anyone if this is possible. It's either the same Grunt/Jackal/Brute/Skirmisher/Elite structure in Score Attack, or deal with throngs of griefers and AFK players in Limited. Let me play games like this, and I'll be one happy camper.

Trasher said:
Game Informer had one yesterday as well.
GhaleonEB said:
I don't think I lagged out, I was clearly host and had no issues. But it does seem the game peeled us off into our own games, and then recorded his instead of mine.

But to make this point again, this is what I want to play in Score Attack. Please urk, ask Lars/NoF/anyone if this is possible. It's either the same Grunt/Jackal/Brute/Skirmisher/Elite structure in Score Attack, or deal with throngs of griefers and AFK players in Limited. Let me play games like this, and I'll be one happy camper.
Sorry. What I meant by "lagged out" is that one of you dropped, not necessarily you.

Are you asking for a Limited-structured solo playlist? Because that might be the cure for my ODST blues.

Trasher said:
I thought the joke was that they were pulling stories from HaloGAF,
which they were. :p

GhaleonEB

Hitmonchan107 said:
Are you asking for a Limited-structured solo playlist? Because that might be the cure for my ODST blues.
Yup. It's the one thing missing from the Firefight playlists: a solo survival mode. ODST was awesome for it, and while Reach plays different it is in several ways tuned better for a single player. I secretly wish everyone would just quit from every Limited game so I didn't have to deal with them and could just play.

At any rate, here's my Firefight clip of the evening, an appropriately explosive sequence from near the end of that game that wasn't.

Tried to set up a map for Speedpile, and the flags disappeared off my body when I went into a score zone and spawned again, but I didn't get any points for it. Also, I couldn't figure out how to make a flag worth more than one point.

Oh, just found this from Jeremiah:
Set the point value for the flag using the spawn sequence field. Anything greater than 1 is considered an uber flag and is 150% normal size with flames.

equil

Sikamikanico said:
My Onza is on the van for delivery this morning. Is it as good as I hope HaloGAF? I can't wait to get my Bumper Jumper back on! :)

Mine was shipped on the 8th of this month and i still havent gotten it. Im thinking its lost in the mail.

equil said:
Mine was shipped on the 8th of this month and i still havent gotten it. Im thinking its lost in the mail.

:( Mine was DHL Express Delivered, and I tracked it all the way.

It's just arrived. I'm at work sadly, so it'll have to wait until I get it home. But I unwrapped it and plugged into my PC to try it out. It feels GOOD.

WP_000361.jpg

Plus the way it lights up is very pretty. :)

Tawpgun

My question with the Onza is if the shoulder buttons are a pain? I can see myself hitting the wrong one since they're close together.

Also, boo at these challenges. I wanted to get my classic/fire feet on, but now I have to run through campaign and firefight....

Striker

Hitmonchan107 said:
The BR is such a powerful feeling weapon. My main issue with the DMR is that it's a single-shot rifle.

I don't feel like a badass soldier firing one bullet at a time. It's why I use the Needle Rifle.
Halo 3's BR felt like the weakest of the whole series in terms of being a top premier precision weapon. Probably due to the shitty spread and no hitscan. 343i gotta have hitscan in their game. It's a must-have in the Halo MP.

As for "not feeling like a badass"... erm, play Halo 1 much? I wanted Halo 2's BR to be a single shot. At the demo they first revealed, it was. In the little demo they did showing off the lock-on rockets, boarding, sword, etc. they showed how at one point the BR was a single shot when scoped in but a burst when not scoped. Not sure how that would have been delivered in terms of impact, but the single shot has been in Bungie's mind the whole time.

I'm definitely looking forward to impressions on the onza. Shame its wired, but oh well. I'm also not a fan of the start/back button placement.

Karl2177

Sikamikanico said:
My Onza is on the van for delivery this morning. Is it as good as I hope HaloGAF? I can't wait to get my Bumper Jumper back on! :)
Oh dang, I just realized you'd be able to do that again without it feeling awkward to use AAs. I think I might order one with all of this incoming birthday money.

Damn that controller looks good. They've delayed my shipping on it since I ordered pretty late. About two weeks apparently.

Also is that 18K challenge the most credits a challenge has been worth so far?

GhaleonEB said:

I've had this happen to me a couple of times, most recently this one. It showed up on my screen as all of them quitting, but it just split me off and let me finish the game and get the credits. Very odd, but it's better than getting booted back to the menu.

equil

BlueScrote said:
I'm definitely looking forward to impressions on the onza. Shame its wired, but oh well. I'm also not a fan of the start/back button placement.

I actually prefer wired controllers, because I hate having to always charge my controller.

Crucio

GhaleonEB said:

I agree, we should have an option to go into longer games of score attack. Honestly when they came out with "Score Attack X2" I thought it meant that they added another round. Therefore "times 2" rounds. Hehe Got me excited for a sec, but I still love the power of the AR and pistol in X2. Fun Stuff.

Also the Onza thing: What kind of name is that, any explanation? And if I was considering buying one, I'd wait for wireless. Its obvious they're gonna make wireless versions of it. They're just phasing them out to make more money.

Is the Onza really that much better?

On another note, is Power Slayer really gonna have "melting feet"? Thats cool! Except if it combines with Camo and the flames are visible. So is this what urk has been teasing about all along? Neat.

equil said:
I actually prefer wired controllers, because I hate having to always charge my controller.
Man, I have all 4 wireless controllers and 4 rechargable battery packs. It works great, wires are obsolete to me.

equil said:
I feel the same way. Even though my xbox controller is wireless, it's usually almost dead; so I leave it plugged into the charger 90% of the time, essentially making it a wired controller.

All this talk of the Onza had me baffled. Finally checked it out online and to my surprise it's a Razer product. I'm a fan. My computer mouse is a Razer mouse and I love it. I'm too cheap to buy a fancy smancy controller though.

How long will the action sack be online? I hope I'm able to play during my spring break(in two weeks). The next two weeks I've no real time to play.(Maybe this weekend)

A27 Tawpgun said:
My question with the Onza is if the shoulder buttons are a pain? I can see myself hitting the wrong one since they're close together.

I'm not sure yet. I think I'm going to have to adjust how I hold my pad, as I get the same impression. However, the triggers are more of a concern to me. They feel...not quite right, but then I haven't played with them yet.

I'll report back with a more in depth report on the Onza tonight or tomorrow I reckon.

equil

Sikamikanico said:
I'm not sure yet. I think I'm going to have to adjust how I hold my pad, as I get the same impression. However, the triggers are more of a concern to me. They feel...not quite right, but then I haven't played with them yet.

I'll report back with a more in depth report on the Onza tonight or tomorrow I reckon.

I think thats one of the only issues ive seen from other reviews. People are saying the triggers are built more towards racing games, because they have a longer draw distance, which takes longer to actually pull the trigger.

CyReN

I like my Onza so far, the rubber grip is REALLY comfortable. Only problem I've encountered are: the cords length, shoulder buttons are a bit crowded, buttons are a tad weird. Besides that I like it.

Tawpgun

Damn it. This day is going by too slow. I have to wait till 4 EST to get home, pump out the dumb FF and campaign challenges, and then go pooping on everyone in classic. Then when my bowels are emptied I'll have some action sack shenanigans.

Does anyone know if these playlists are planned to be permanent? I hope they'll just keep adding maps and gametypes to them. Classic could use some CTF.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Damn it. This day is going by too slow. I have to wait till 4 EST to get home, pump out the dumb FF and campaign challenges, and then go pooping on everyone in classic. Then when my bowels are emptied I'll have some action sack shenanigans.

Does anyone know if these playlists are planned to be permanent? I hope they'll just keep adding maps and gametypes to them. Classic could use some CTF.

Dammit. I have to study today or that would be my exact schedule.

Who am I kidding I'll be doing this the moment I finish.

Oh godclassicsack I need you

Hey You

-Yeti said:
I've been out of the pile for a few days. Have the playlist changes gone live?
Jeremiah said they should be up by late Afternoon PST.

I hope Action Sack and Team Classic are permanent playlists.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Late afternoon? Damn. Normally I would wait for v3 but I'm in crunch mode for this weeks montage clips. It's lookin to be much shorter than episode one.

Oh and letters, I know you're reading this. Could you message me the font you used to write "episode 01" at the bottom of the banner you made me? Thanks bro.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tashi0106 said:
Late afternoon? Damn. Normally I would wait for v3 but I'm in crunch mode for this weeks montage clips. It's lookin to be much shorter than episode one.

Oh and letters, I know you're reading this. Could you message me the font you used to write "episode 01" at the bottom of the banner you made me? Thanks bro.

Anything substantial in V3?

Letters is banned?

KevinRo

Alienshogun said:

Letters is banned?

The new maps are a good change of sight.

In regards to the old maps, super invis is added on countdown and rockets are in sanct bomb.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Alienshogun said:

Letters is banned?
Yea I think he has a week or so left.

Yesterday I was playing and this guy was bitching to me because I didn't have any kills....it was 30 seconds into the match -_____- I said, "did you just score check me less than a minute into this game?" I lol'd...then he point checked me lol. Apparently he was some top amateur. I had never heard of him. He's a fuckin herb no matter how many points he has. I hate those fuckin people.

Top Bottom