• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Tawpgun

First game of classic was amazing. Was on the midship remake.

Too bad my team sucked and we lost. I had 23 kills.

EDIT: 19100 replies.

Is a name for the new OT set, or should we get to thinking?

MrBig said:
It's not worth loading it up for just gameplay and only a few maps that are better.
ಠ_ಠ

Dude, all you do is change discs, not much effort involved. :lol

And gameplay is the paramount to having fun, and it still has infuriating grenades and all grey ugly maps.

Alienshogun said:
I liked the movement though, but yeah, Reach grenades are deathtraps without AAs, too bad they can't tone those down in classic.
Well, 1 grenade starts would be a huge improvement. Hell, 1 grenade starts for every gametype please.

wwm0nkey said:
Classic playlist+maps = <3

Oh yeah. Loving the custom powerups despite them not functioning in the way that traditional powerups should but I'll take it. And while not entirely 100% accurate to their original versions the remakes are still pretty solid. Dammy remake FTW!

Crucio

Well, I only got to play FRGfight and Rocketfight. It seems both have disabled pick ups. Cool.

Power Slayer, pretty insane. You turn yellow when you stack power ups and I think that when you die as a Stacked yellow guy there's this sound FX like a powering down sound.

Veelk

Banned
Hey halo gaf

I'm mostly a scrub, but I'm tired of constantly being on my own with no team work, and I'm sick of quitters. If anyone would be kind enough to invite me to their party, I would be grateful. I can't promise how effective a player I'll be, but I can't play this game alone anymore.

GT: ValyrianSoldier

blamite

Alright, played a couple games. Comments.

Eclipse, the Lockout remake, is way too dark. The Tempest version would be much better. The map is built under that cliff near the waterfall, so the entire map is in shadow. Not great for visibility. Also, the sword on the maps has its physics set to fixed, so when its dropped, it just floats in the air.

Spartanball is cool. Players can go walk around on the sboadr though, I don't know if this was intentional, or if it even affects the game.

Hockey is grazy. It's hard to score until you figure out to use the AR to push the ball in.

Classic Slayer is great, though I'm not sure about the rifles version. I only played it once on Magus, but it was a little too hectic, maybe?

Power Slayer is weird.

Great update overall, much love to Jeremiah and the rest of the sustain team.

FourDoor

I agree, Eclipse is way tooo dark and the classic jumps aren't there. Who's Lockout remake was the one that HaloGAF was endorsing?

Overall I am loving the classic playlist. I found my new home for Reach!!!!

So far today I've seen mentioned in the thread: "Lockout" and "Wizard/Warlock"... what else are you guys coming across classic map wise? And again load up a film, I'll render it. I'd really like to see what these things look/play like and I'm pulling a long shift today. Don't just wait for your montage worthy Killtacular no-scope spree, any nice 1v1 battles or come from behind moments will do :)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
In one of my earlier games on Prophet some guy was swearing up and down that it was not a Midship/Heretic remake and that it was either Derelict or "some halo 2 map", I facepalmed so hard.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Generic said:
Hey halo gaf

I'm mostly a scrub, but I'm tired of constantly being on my own with no team work, and I'm sick of quitters. If anyone would be kind enough to invite me to their party, I would be grateful. I can't promise how effective a player I'll be, but I can't play this game alone anymore.

GT: ValyrianSoldier

I am not even a scrub. I have almost a 1/1 K/D ratio depending on how much I suck. Feel free to ping me or my other scrub friends, Ram and Juices. We will all suck together. AR 4 lief.

Dani said:
Bumper Jumper for life. Not going to let AA ruin my perfect, comfortable setup.

With vanilla Reach jumping is pretty much non existent anyway, so I use Default for Jetpack use, its like a compromise of not having bumper jumper but still using LB to go up lol. With classic settings im really tempted to switch back, but find it tough to switch between the 2 settings, which is odd considering how easily I can switch between Halo 3 and Reach.

BTW Action Sack and Classic playlist are both really fun, I love 4sk. :p

Hockey is straight up hilarious with a bunch of Spartans sprinting around clubbing each other over the head Tiger Woods style with golf clubs all the while knocking around a giant virtual golf ball complete with an explosion of flaming skulls indicating a successful goal. I think a Benny Hill song would be more than fitting background music for the frantic action that's taking place lol

GhaleonEB

Firefight updates were made, there're just being kept secret or something. :lol

I just played Fiesta Attack in Firefight Arcade. New game type, new settings, no notice or change update about it.

Random weapons, 2x damage, 2x overshield, weapon pickups disabled.

It's pretty much the greatest thing ever. I tore shit up with the Spiker.

I'm utterly delighted, but I wonder what else they changed? What's with the secrecy?

Change list, please. :)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
v3 finally in matchmaking is very nice.

Also, I love the new flag indicators. Should have been there the whole time but it's nice to finally have them.

I have a hunch about something else changed too but I'm not too sure yet. Gotta play more to see.

Classic is amazing! Needs objective ASAP, H2 style hopefully. 4SK gametype should be removed though.

Played some action sack as well. I've already played enough HaloBall to last me a lifetime (as I'm typing this it is voted for again), Power slayer is interesting, but I can never remember what power up I get for what, which is confusing. I have only played speedpile on Hemorrhage (three times, still don't know why this map is in any 4v4 playlist except snipers). Speedpile will be cool on a regular map I think. Haven't gotten to play speedflag yet. Also played Hockey, which was kind of fun, but my teammates didn't understand to use the AR to shot the ball.

Anchor 9 speedflag just came up (DLC map WHAAAAA), people voted for hockey...

Hey You

Tashi0106 said:
Real men play Recon
*High Five*

They disabled Weapon Pick up in Arcade? Thank you lars!

And the Action Sack playlist is really fun. I like Haloball, but not the Xtreme version. It turns pretty much into a slayer game and the other team sitting in your goals hitting the balls out :/

Oh and another change not mentioned in the WU is that the Infection Betrayal glitch has been fixed and Betrayal booting turned off.

Does that mean we can betray and not get booted?

GhaleonEB

A27 Tawpgun said:
Any reason why Elbow to S2 jump is broken as hell?
Let's see. A remake, using Forge, in a different game, with non-standard movement speed and jump height.

Nope, no idea why certain jumps might be off.

Tashi0106 said:
Real men play Recon
QVRzp.gif

Looks like I'll be getting back into Reach.

Sai-kun

Banned
Dax01 said:
Boy, you hintin' there's texture shenanigans going on in these remakes?

dude are you kidding me bungies textures have ruined every fucking map since forever. they're all basically unplayable due to textures

Tawpgun

GhaleonEB said:
Let's see. A remake, using Forge, in a different game, with non-standard movement speed and jump height.

Nope, no idea why certain jumps might be off.
No, they actually made an effort to make that jump a reality. There's a little protrusion, but its way off to the side, and when you jump to get back on the door frame you hit something that makes you fall to your death.

The Real Napsta said:
I just play 12 games of Team Classic and didn't get AR's once.

Playlist is amazing.

My favorite map in the playlist is Damnation, by far.

I was worried that the AR/Mag starts because of the 110 dmg, but it played great in the games we played actually, I was still able to pistol charging AR players.

The NR on 110 is amazing though. Playlist is great.
Objective NOAW!

Tashi0106 said:
v3 finally in matchmaking is very nice.

Also, I love the new flag indicators. Should have been there the whole time but it's nice to finally have them.

I have a hunch about something else changed too but I'm not too sure yet. Gotta play more to see.

Do the MLG v3 flag gametypes have the new Flag UI?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
GhaleonEB said:
I didn't have the Spiker the whole game!

I really want to know if they did anything to Firefight Limited, since Arcade changes were made, including that new game type. Betrayal booting would be a gift from the gods.

I didn't use spiker. I was giving out free sun tans to the covies.

Top Bottom