• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
GhaleonEB said:
I really want to know if they did anything to Firefight Limited, since Arcade changes were made, including that new game type. Betrayal booting would be a gift from the gods.

Jeremiah will eventually (probably) get the full changelist up in Optimatch. Deploy days are busy days for our gentle Fungineer.

Striker

xxjuicesxx said:
Is this the page where we measure our k/d penis size?

Anyways, did they get rid of drop shields in objective finally??
2uP7B.jpg

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
MrBig said:
How is the CTF widget shown? I'm not going to play any more today and all I played was classic and action sack.

Clear, obvious text centred at the bottom middle of the screen.

"Your flag is away"

"Enemy has your flag"

CyReN

Tashi0106 said:

Any idea when the MLG Dallas thread is going up? They just released all the rosters for the all the teams today. Can't wait for Friday!

I'll be on tonight if anybody wants to play mlg/classic. Still getting used to my Onza:(

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
CyReN said:
Any idea when the MLG Dallas thread is going up? They just released all the rosters for the all the teams today. Can't wait for Friday!

I still haven't gotten word from the guy who usually posts the thread. I might PM a mod to make sure I'm clear to do it. Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen any event specific threads on GAF. I could be mistaken though. If I get the OK though, I'll post it Thursday I guess.

Also, I heard Walshy was in the hospital? Is that true? I hope he's OK.

I don't mind the disabled weapon pickup in Fiesta Attack, but I really wish we could pick up grenades still.

Good games, Wu. Classic is great; I hope Bungie starts adding the regular maps into rotation for the next round.

Also noticed that feet are aflame in Classic if you assassinate. Is that intentional?

Steelyuhas said:
Is that your gamertag? o_O

squidhands said:
I don't mind the disabled weapon pickup in Fiesta Attack, but I really wish we could pick up grenades still.

Good games, Wu. Classic is great; I hope Bungie starts adding the regular maps into rotation for the next round.

Also noticed that feet are aflame in Classic if you assassinate. Is that intentional?

You have flaming feet if you have OS.

Crucio

I don't think melting feet is intentional in Classic..weird. Are you sure you weren't playing Power Slayer?

Dani said:
Defiant/Highlands power weapon spawn timers and ammo counts have been fixed. No more Rocks and Snipes for everyone.
Neat. Great update so far!

Looking forward to that change list.

MrBig said:
But still no constant icon like there has been for the last 6 years, only a supplement to the sound indicator?

I haven't played a Flag game today, but I assume that stays up on the HUD the entire time the Flag is away if thats what you mean.

MrBig

Crucio said:
I don't think melting feet is intentional in Classic..weird. Are you sure you weren't playing Power Slayer?
Yes it is in classic for when you pick up the overshield, since their is no glowing shield effect like there was in past games.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I heard there are some errors in MLG v3. Countdown CTF is still touch return and apparently you can pick up the bomb in Sanctuary. I haven't played either of those yet in the playlist to 100% confirm.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Crucio said:

Neat. Great update so far!

Looking forward to that change list.

It definitely just happened in classic with us too. I think one of the pickups (overshield) does it.

Crucio

Alienshogun said:
It definitely just happened in classic with us too. I think one of the pickups (overshield) does it.

Oh that makes sense. I keep forgetting that they put power ups in. Heh, thats a great way to expose the enemy's overshield! Brilliant! I'm so impressed that Bungie had these design features implemented so far ahead of schedule.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Sai-kun said:
dude are you kidding me bungies textures have ruined every fucking map since forever. they're all basically unplayable due to textures
damn bungie dont know how to make textures anymore

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
I heard there are some errors in MLG v3. Countdown CTF is still touch return and apparently you can pick up the bomb in Sanctuary. I haven't played either of those yet in the playlist to 100% confirm.
You aren't supposed to be able to pick up the bomb? What do you mean?

Trasher said:
You aren't supposed to be able to pick up the bomb? What do you mean?

I assume he means after its armed. On Sanctuary, there isn't any disarming the bomb.

EDIT: beaten

Second EDIT: how do you delete a post?

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
On Sanctuary, once the bomb is armed, it's a point. You can't disarm it.
Ah ok. That's dumb.

The way you said that in the previous post implied you couldn't pick it up at all or something lol.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Tashi0106 said:
On Sanctuary, once the bomb is armed, it's a point. You can't disarm it.

"Oh shit! The bomb's armed in our base!"

"So? Just go over there, lift it and toss it some place not in our base and they won't get the point."

Tawpgun

Can someone eleborate on the Highlands spawns?

The Sniper and Rocket are STILL in the enemy bases but they have lower ammo and higher respawns? Is that correct?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
A27 Tawpgun said:
Can someone eleborate on the Highlands spawns?

The Sniper and Rocket are STILL in the enemy bases but they have lower ammo and higher respawns? Is that correct?

In both bases, lower ammo count - Snipe has 4 spare rounds, Rock has none. Increased respawn times and corrected max item on map count (so you can't have 7 Snipers or 5 Lasers, etc).

Timers/Item counts for the Laser/Pro-pipe/Plasma Launcher also fixed/nerfed/corrected.

Dani said:
In both bases, lower ammo count - Snipe has 4 spare rounds, Rock has none. Increased respawn times and corrected max item on map count (so you can't have 7 Snipers or 5 Lasers, etc).

Timers/Item counts for the Laser/Pro-pipe/Plasma Launcher also fixed/nerfed/corrected.

But what about the spawns?

GhaleonEB

urk said:
Jeremiah will eventually (probably) get the full changelist up in Optimatch. Deploy days are busy days for our gentle Fungineer.
Understandable. I'm just surprised there are so many changes that weren't in the updates from the past two weeks. I imagine you've probably read my exasperated pleas with a smile.

I've been avoiding Firefight Arcade since it went live, due to the weapon pick ups. I'll be all over it now. Fiestafight is so, so good.

Edit: full playlist update here: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=58426048

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
A27_StarWolf said:
But what about the spawns?

You mean the player spawns? Like how you can spawn on any side of the map after the initial spawn at the start of the game and the base swapping and stuff?

That's intentional and by design. Unfortunately.

Apparently a good portion of the MM community didn't receive the memo about the Classic Playlist. On numerous occasions I witnessed a mass exodus on both sides when players came to the realization that there weren't any loadouts or AA's available. At one point a cry of "WTF no sprint this sux!!" was heard as one player proceeded to betray his teammate and bail as soon as possible. Other than that I'm having a blast.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Trasher said:
Well the spawns on the Lockout remake are awful.

Yup, was fighting a guy on elbow when two dudes on his team spawned beside him on the elbow, next to me, and beat the shit out of me. Not a pleasant surprise.

So in the wake of the Classic and Action Sack playlists it seems everyone has forgotten about the small change they made to The Arena. Evade is gone. You know what else they changed but didn't announce? Grenade starts is back to 1.

Sprint, Jetpack, Hologram
1 Grenade
AR/DMR starts

I just played a match and I gotta say, I think this is the definitive Slayer playlist for me and I'm going to tell you why. But first, here are my thoughts on Classic.

I don't like Classic. Reach isn't classic Halo, and it never will be no matter how much you try to tweak or emulate the old settings. I would have been an advocate of faster movement speed before but now that I've had some time with it, I don't think it works with Reach. Hitting faster moving targets with single-shot precision weapons constantly afflicted with bloom that are still 5sk is an exercise in frustration. The movement speed worked in previous titles because the weapons were designed to work in that environment, this just feels sloppy.

ARs got beefed up unnecessarily, so that Magnum is pretty worthless in close range now. Grenades also got an unnecessary power boost from the already strong Reach nades. Non Rifle gametypes boil down to AR and Grenade fests which just aren't fun. You still have to contend with the overpowered grenades in Rifle gametypes too.

I also feel like some of the maps just aren't meshing well with the settings. That Midship remake is totally borked, it plays nothing like it should. And they're ugly as sin, but that's Forge World for you.

Now if you can accept or deal with Reach as a different spin on Halo, then The Arena should be your new home. The DMR/NR and bloom work much better with the default movement speed. The 3 chosen AAs are pretty balanced with their pros and cons. Single grenade starts is a godsend with the buffed Reach grenades. Always DMR/AR starts. The maps are the Reach maps, you either hate them or accept them but at least they aren't all grey. It's very enjoyable and cuts down on a lot of the bullshit.

blamite

Dani said:
You mean the player spawns? Like how you can spawn on any side of the map after the initial spawn at the start of the game and the base swapping and stuff?

Sounds like they changed it so you only spawn on your own side, though.
Jeremiah said:
* Slayer specific respawn zones added for Red and Blue teams to make teams spawn on the third of the map where their base is located
It's crazy how much 343 has done to improve their maps in a month when Bungie has made very few and minimal changes to the shipping maps since release.

EDIT: What the hell? Why was Cowbell removed from FF Arcade? That was one of my favorite parts of the playlist, launching crates and forklifts into enemies. It should at least be used in Fistfight and Nadefight.

GhaleonEB

Assault
* Players can now see the low priority nav points indicating their home location
* Assault now supports multiple bomb planting locations per team​
Yay!

I remember a coversation during an early game of Neutral Assault on Condemned.

"They've got the bomb, heading toward our base now!"

"Where's our base?"

"I have no idea!"

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Dani said:

They fixed it:

* Slayer specific respawn zones added for Red and Blue teams to make teams spawn on the third of the map where their base is located​
Huge playlist update is huge.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
blamite said:
Sounds like they changed it so you only spawn on your own side, though.
It's crazy how much 343 has done to improve their maps in a month when Bungie has made very few and minimal changes to the shipping maps since release.

EDIT: What the hell? Why was Cowbell removed from FF Arcade? That was one of my favorite parts of the playlist, launching crates and forklifts into enemies. It should at least be used in Fistfight and Nadefight.

Holy shit.

<3 343i!

I made this fix to my first Highlands map as I considered it top priority. Cannot believe they implemented it. So good.

Someone go tell Bungie to fix up Tempest in the same fashion.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Dani said:
Holy shit.

<3 343i!

I made this fix to my first Highlands map as I considered it top priority. Cannot believe they implemented it. So good.

Someone go tell Bungie to fix up Tempest in the same fashion.

Not sure if the entire change list has been posted on Bnet yet, but we'll have all the changes to the Defiant maps posted soonish on Waypoint.

CyReN

Tashi0106 said:
I still haven't gotten word from the guy who usually posts the thread. I might PM a mod to make sure I'm clear to do it. Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen any event specific threads on GAF. I could be mistaken though. If I get the OK though, I'll post it Thursday I guess.

Also, I heard Walshy was in the hospital? Is that true? I hope he's OK.

Those are just rumors at this point. I'm not going to go pass what his real life friend said, which was "personal issues". I'd just wait for a tweet or blog from him.

Lazslo

I finally caved and got a new Xbox Slim w/ Kinect- I was looking for just the regular Xbox Slim 250g without the Kinect bundle as I currently have the old 2007 12g Xbox and it's a nightmare to manage. I think MS is really pushing Kinect Hard to the 'core' gamers because I could not find one Xbox slim with 250g's without Kinect. I called around everywhere and nobody had it in stock. They only had the 4gig SKU (without kinect) I was going to buy that with a 16g thumb drive but by that point it was only $40 cheaper then the Kinect 250g Bundle. Might try and sell the Kinect if anyone is interested for cheap or give it away to charity as I'll never use it and I'm sure kids would enjoy it much more that I will.
-Also I was so close to buying this: That price tag reads $89.99- I remember reading in September the Legendary Sku would be very Limited unlike the Halo 3 Legendary but they had about 10 Halo: Reach Legendary SKU's in Stock at my local best buy.
PJj2a.jpg

Top Bottom