• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Detox

After playing a few games on classic I was reminded forge map spawns are bad. I don't really care if it's the logic or the placement, hopefully 343 come up with a good spawn system that is easy to use in forge 2.0.

Also barrow roll thanks for the update on Arena. I'll try it out later it seems like it can be my go to slayer playlist as well. I really think 5 shot suits the DMR perfectly and it would be amazing with recoil / fixed rate of fire instead of bloom.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
A27_StarWolf said:
I think the spawn logic is fine, prevents spawn camping.

We've never been given an explanation for why they used that spawning system on certain maps and not others, but that is what I assumed however, I don't think spawn camping is a particular threat on the bigger maps where the variable spawn system has proved to be annoying.

GhaleonEB said:
Posted here.

Props for the scale of the changes.

Agreed. This is probably the single greatest playlist update Halo has seen. The number of fixes and gametypes added is amazing. Also really glad with the fast response on Highlands power weapons.

All this, and we still get Community BTB sometime this month.

Dani said:
We've never been given an explanation for why they used that spawning system on certain maps and not others, but that is what I assumed however, I don't think spawn camping is a particular threat on the bigger maps where the variable spawn system has proved to be annoying.

I always assumed it was just to decrease exploits in spawn camping, it is not that big a deal in slayer games.

You can also argue that it gives teams a chance to be on both sides.

Crucio

ncsuDuncan said:
Agreed. This is probably the single greatest playlist update Halo has seen. The number of fixes and gametypes added is amazing. Also really glad with the fast response on Highlands power weapons.

All this, and we still get Community BTB sometime this month.
Agreed, a great update! Well done! I think its all from great communication with the community.

Trasher

Assists seem even harder to get in Classic. Wtf

A27_StarWolf said:
I always assumed it was just to decrease exploits in spawn camping, it is not that big a deal in slayer games.

You can also argue that it gives teams a chance to be on both sides.
It should never spawn you by enemy players. It's as simple as that.

Highlands
* Slayer specific respawn zones added for Red and Blue teams to make teams spawn on the third of the map where their base is located
So does this mean no more red players spawning at blue base? If so, fantastic. This and all the rest of the changes came quick. Damn good job, 343i.
* Hill in "Big Horn River" by the Cliffside moved slightly upstream, between the two boulders
Holy shit. I can't believe I never noticed this while playing the game. Another Easter egg! Further props to 343i.

Pro Pipe at 180 second respawn. :(

Karl2177

So far my enjoyment of the new playlists has been hindered by the idiots of Xbox Live. Also, Jeremiah was worried about frame rate dropping. Did he even look at the Damnation remake? My frustration with this game and all of it's two-left handed-players is almost to the tipping point where I put it in the case and never touch it again.

kylej

Banned
Lazslo said:
That price tag reads $89.99- I remember reading in September the Legendary Sku would be very Limited unlike the Halo 3 Legendary but they had about 10 Halo: Reach Legendary SKU's in Stock at my local best buy.

"The Halo 3 Legendary Edition is so limited that people in our studio can't get them" - Bungie Podcast, Pre-Halo 3 release.

Wait another 6 months until that thing is $19.99.

Tawpgun

Spawn Trapping is good as long as its actually possible to mount a counterattack.

I hate pushing a team back to have them spawn behind me.

I've got so much work to do tonight. I haven't experienced the new playlists, and I might not be able to until tomorrow.

You guys should post as many videos as you can. For me. Because deep, deep down, you barely tolerate me.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Fuck Haloball, stupid idea.

That is all.

Lazslo said:
I finally caved and got a new Xbox Slim w/ Kinect- I was looking for just the regular Xbox Slim 250g without the Kinect bundle as I currently have the old 2007 12g Xbox and it's a nightmare to manage. I think MS is really pushing Kinect Hard to the 'core' gamers because I could not find one Xbox slim with 250g's without Kinect. I called around everywhere and nobody had it in stock. They only had the 4gig SKU (without kinect) I was going to buy that with a 16g thumb drive but by that point it was only $40 cheaper then the Kinect 250g Bundle. Might try and sell the Kinect if anyone is interested for cheap or give it away to charity as I'll never use it and I'm sure kids would enjoy it much more that I will.
-Also I was so close to buying this: That price tag reads $89.99- I remember reading in September the Legendary Sku would be very Limited unlike the Halo 3 Legendary but they had about 10 Halo: Reach Legendary SKU's in Stock at my local best buy.
PJj2a.jpg

They lied, so far the Gears LE is the only real LE (the one with the lancer) that I'm aware of.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
A27_StarWolf said:
Its a joke play list.

Why are you complaining about a JOKE.

RAGE

Because I was forced to play it, waste of how ever much time it took that crap to end.

kylej said:
"The Halo 3 Legendary Edition is so limited that people in our studio can't get them" - Bungie Podcast, Pre-Halo 3 release.

Yep, they are a bunch of fucking liars.

Guess I'll see if Epic lies with gears 3, but they didn't with 2.

Ramirez

OuterWorldVoice said:
I am not even a scrub. I have almost a 1/1 K/D ratio depending on how much I suck. Feel free to ping me or my other scrub friends, Ram and Juices. We will all suck together. AR 4 lief.

Getting lumped into jokes with juices, oh how I've fallen.

I finally got the ITCTHMB achievement. I just wanted to come here to celebrate. Tip of the Spear, on heroic, leaping from the top of the shield tower, slowed enough by the jetpack to keep from dying halfway down. And my wife witnessed it, which means I'm getting laid tonight.

A27_StarWolf said:
Its a joke play list.

Why are you complaining about a JOKE.

RAGE

Meh, I understand what he is saying. Power slayer, speedflag, and speedpile may be a joke to some people, but they are still clearly an FPS gametype. Although HaloBall is kind of cool, I don't think its something that should have a permanent home in matchmaking.

Its all people vote for in that playlist by the way. I played 11 games in there and didn't get to play speedflag, or speedpile outside of Hemorrhage (Why Hemorrhage is still in 4v4 playlists outside of snipers is beyond me).

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
OldMattacus said:
I finally got the ITCTHMB achievement. I just wanted to come here to celebrate. Tip of the Spear, on heroic, leaping from the top of the shield tower, slowed enough by the jetpack to keep from dying halfway down. And my wife witnessed it, which means I'm getting laid tonight.

She gets turned on by video game heroics?

You're both fat aren't you? :p

Steelyuhas said:
Meh, I understand what he is saying. Power slayer, speedflag, and speedpile may be a joke to some people, but they are still clearly an FPS gametype. Although HaloBall is kind of cool, I don't think its something that should have a permanent home in matchmaking.

Its all people vote for in that playlist by the way. I played 11 games in there and didn't get to play speedflag, or speedpile outside of Hemorrhage (Why Hemorrhage is still in 4v4 playlists outside of snipers is beyond me).

More proof that the Halo community are fucking idiots.

Speedpile was fucking awesome though I must say. That is, when we weren't stuck with idlers.

Come to think of it, I think me and Barrow had idlers in every fucking game today.

OldMattacus said:

I swear if the amorous attention of women was determined by halo achievement I would have an ever-willing harem by now; I'd be positioned somewhere around Charlie Sheen's two smooookin hotties setup to, i dunno, Ogre 2's Haloboy mansion of superbouncing bunnies

Alienshogun said:
More proof that the Halo community are fucking idiots.

Speedpile was fucking awesome though I must say. That is, when we weren't stuck with idlers.

Come to think of it, I think me and Barrow had idlers in every fucking game today.

Oh yeah, whenever I enter a playlist by myself, I want to slap people silly for how they vote. Team Slayer is literally Team Sword Base if you are playing solo.

We had some mad quitting sprees on the group I was playing team classic with today. Although, we were doming scrubs pretty hard.

Kibbles

kylej said:

Seriously, what a load of crap, I see them at my local game stores like GameStop and Best Buy all the time, in stacks even. And this is around the Milwaukee area. Luckily, I was able to contain myself and not buy the LE this time around though. I did for Halo 3 and regretted it.

Steelyuhas said:
Oh yeah, whenever I enter a playlist by myself, I want to slap people silly for how they vote. Team Slayer is literally Team Sword Base if you are playing solo.

We had some mad quitting sprees on the group I was playing team classic with today. Although, we were doming scrubs pretty hard.

I noticed a ton of quitters today in the classic playlist. I think people were just trying it out and quitting when they decided they didn't like it. So far I like classic. I'm not sure if it'll replace standard slayer playlists for me, but its a fun change nonetheless.

Oh, and I got a FF match on Unearthed. It plays really well with 4 people.

Tunavi

Banned
I'm at a buddy's house. Can I download DLC from my account onto his xbox and still play it on my own xbox at home? Or should I just download it to the thumbdrive I have my gamertag on?

CyReN

Jroderton said:
Loving Classic so far. It's like I'm playing Halo again.

Exactly my thoughts, it's weird playing with friends and them laughing and having fun like Halo 2 days instead of complaining.

Sai-kun said:
I'm not proud but...

Buck Wild!

You should be! I can't get that medal man

Also where do you find scrubs like that nowadays? They were queing up to eat your lead. Good work

Also I just opened a can of redbull (staying up late, uni work) and i tasted Halo. Been a lot of late nights these past few years

Tunavi said:
I'm at a buddy's house. Can I download DLC from my account onto his xbox and still play it on my own xbox at home? Or should I just download it to the thumbdrive I have my gamertag on?

You can download it to his hard drive. No worries.
- You have to be signed into XBL for that DLC to work on his Xbox.
- It won't affect the DLC on the Xbox you first bought it on.

J-Roderton

CyReN said:
Exactly my thoughts, it's weird playing with friends and them laughing and having fun like Halo 2 days instead of complaining.

Yup. If I dare say, I've had more fun playing this than most of Reach lately. Even had myself a few, run at each other blasting ARs and first one to melee wins encounters tonight.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Steelyuhas said:
Oh yeah, whenever I enter a playlist by myself, I want to slap people silly for how they vote. Team Slayer is literally Team Sword Base/Cage/Countdown if you are playing solo.

fixd

Bread

Banned
Classic is awesome! I already found a group of cool people randomly and I've been playing with them. Someone said it earlier on the page, but it's like I'm playing Halo again.

Tunavi

Banned
ncsuDuncan said:
You can download it to his hard drive. No worries.
- You have to be signed into XBL for that DLC to work on his Xbox.
- It won't affect the DLC on the Xbox you first bought it on.
great! thanks

Top Bottom