• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Jack Scofield said:
Is that a flaming helmet? I loved playing against kids who were rocking that. It's like, dude, you spent $150 for an in-game particle effect. :lol I always viewed it as a Red Badge of Shame. Strangely enough, kids with the flaming helmet always seemed to be the worst players as well. I wonder if there's a correlation.

I think you're reading to much into it, and your post seems to indicate jealousy. The 150 dollars got you more than the flaming helmet, it also got you a kick ass statue, and an awesome video on waypoint, granted, 70 dollars can get you the same thing now, but that's neither here nor there.

Of course you're going to come back with some sort of "LOL I'm not jealous" retort, but who really cares.

Gui_PT said:
That's actually the pelican blowing up right behind me in the cutscene. I wouldn't use the flaming helmet if I had it :lol

Why not? All the cool kids do! :D

kylej said:
If he pops up as Matchmaking overlord for 343's game I'm going to hang myself.

I am so fucking bad at MLG. So rusty today. ggs Tashi.

You going to be on later?

Tashi, is your friends list full?

I'll be on again after supper.

Plus a lot of people basically get it for free. I don't think I paid a dime in the end for Reach.

Everyone MLG. Got like two and a half hours or so. Its a miracle.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
xxjuicesxx said:
Plus a lot of people basically get it for free. I don't think I paid a dime in the end for Reach.

Everyone MLG. Got like two and a half hours or so. Its a miracle.

I'll be on in about an hour again if your still on bud.

MrBig

The Antitype said:
Ghost Rider has forever mutated my brain. It doesn't matter what helmet the guy is using, if I see the flaming effect, my brain immediately replaces the helmet with a skull.

So if somebody using the flaming helmet was particularly irritating (or good) during a match, and go through the post-game stats to find them, I can never fucking recognize them from their armor...cause none of them have flaming skulls. :lol

Sigh, I guess comic books really do rot your brain.
You'll start seeing skulls in the game as soon as more people find out about the Halloween helmet.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
GG's Kyle. You definitely picked your game up towards the end there. I'm still really pissed we lost that 1 Flag on Reflection. Our 4th was a fuckin idiot. Oh well.

And my list is still full right now Shogun. Sorry. I don't think I'll be on tonight at all. If I do play something it'll probably be SSFIV.

MrBig

Alienshogun said:
And they reach the rank of inheritor (20million) if I remember correctly.
Nope, you can get the last helmet (security) at General, which is all you need.
e: Fuck anyone who boots people. I have never booted a single person that wasn't purposely trying to annoy and kill me. I never boot people in situations where its possible to kill a teammate accidental. But yet I get booted for it all the time.

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
No. Needler is fucking awesome.
I strongly dislike the Needler in Reach. It's my least favorite iteration in the series.

The Nerfle, on the other had, is awesome.
Kuroyume said:
Good thing these FF challanges aren't always worth a lot because the lag is ridiculous.
I got all three of them in two games of Score Attack. (I had a bet with my daughter I could do them all in one game, but there was an astonishing lack of Needlers in the game of Gruntpocalypse.)

For regular FF, I've found the more I played, the better the game got about matching me up in low lag groups. Most of the time, it's almost like a MP game.

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
Even Halo 2? That Needler was positively worthless.
But at least it worked. In Reach, when an enemy dives out of the way, the Needles en route lose their lock. And since pretty much everyone jukes - and it takes a lot of needles to supercombine - it can only be used in certain circumstances. I've emptied multiple clips trying to pop one or two Grunts in campaign, and that's without Catch enabled. It's borderline useless.
The Antitype said:
I pretty much only use the needler if people on the other team start jetpacking. Then it's incredibly fun to use. :D
Aye, it's not bad in MP. I was mostly referring to Campaign and Firefight, but didn't say so.

GhaleonEB said:
But at least it worked. In Reach, when an enemy dives out of the way, the Needles en route lose their lock. And since pretty much everyone jukes - and it takes a lot of needles to supercombine - it can only be used in certain circumstances. I've emptied multiple clips trying to pop one or two Grunts in campaign, and that's without Catch enabled. It's borderline useless.

I pretty much only use the needler if people on the other team start jetpacking. Then it's incredibly fun to use. :D

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
xxjuicesxx said:
Good games tonight. I played awful except a few games but still had tons of fun.

Yeah, same, sorry about the raging, but it was getting super frustrating.

Does anyone have tips on how to NOT always get alone, and surrounded?

I must have lost over 20 kills throughout the night because someone always got backed up, meanwhile I was always solo.

Even when I run to my teammates I end up alone.

MrBig said:
Nope, you can get the last helmet (security) at General, which is all you need.
e: Fuck anyone who boots people. I have never booted a single person that wasn't purposely trying to annoy and kill me. I never boot people in situations where its possible to kill a teammate accidental. But yet I get booted for it all the time.

You just have to buy all the helmets right?

Does that include all the parts too?

MrBig

Alienshogun said:
You just have to buy all the helmets right?

Does that include all the parts too?
It's just the bases. It's never actually been clarified as to whether you have to be at last rank as well. I'll know in a month, I only have to buy 4 more more helmets (the most expensive ones of course)

GhaleonEB said:
I don't know, man. I disagree. I don't think it worked in Halo 2. The Needlers didn't track well at all, even when you used two together, and it was nearly impossible to get kills with it if your target was moving. And not everyone uses evade all the time, so it's not that often they can "dive" out of the way.

Looking at my weapon stats from Reach and Halo 3, the Needler stands around the same position. Heck, I'm already a third of the way there to eclipsing the total number of kills in Social playlists in Halo 3.

I mean, if I had to rank each iteration, it'd be 3/ODST > Reach > Halo 2.

Edit: Oh. You were talking about Campaing/Firefight. Eh...I still find it pretty useful there too.

Lazslo

So has there been any word on the upcoming podcast? I remember reading something about it was coming this week but I'm not sure when, does anyone know anything about it?

GhaleonEB

Lazslo said:
So has there been any word on the upcoming podcast? I remember reading something about it was coming this week but I'm not sure when, does anyone know anything about it?
Last word was that it would come out this week. Maybe it will squeek out a mini-BWU on Friday.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Self Induced said:
I totally just ninja'd AlienShogun's team for the win.

Grats? You had a stacked team of people with Gold rating while my friends and I are bronze, and there were only 3 of us, go get yourself a hero cookie.

You SHOULD have made us go double digit negative, but my nephew even managed to stay positive.

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=372229139&player=AlienShogun

Genesis Knight said:
Anyone use Astro A30s? Are they worth the money?

I use A40s and love them, the A30s are more for travel from what I've been told.

GhaleonEB said:

Aye, it's not bad in MP. I was mostly referring to Campaign and Firefight, but didn't say so.

Ghal try shooting the grunts once in the body/limbs with your DMR/pistol then switch to the needler and fire away. Also grunts who are trying to stick you are extremely susceptible to being supercombined. I got the challenge in 2 games of Gruntpocalypse using the needler. It's a pretty cool metagame.

Sai-kun

Banned
Alienshogun said:
Grats? You had a stacked team of people with Gold rating while my friends and I are bronze, and there were only 3 of us, go get yourself a hero cookie.

You SHOULD have made us go double digit negative, but my nephew even managed to stay positive.

Dude, it's okay to be mad. :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Sai-kun said:
Dude, it's okay to be mad. :lol

That's the point of my post, I am mad. Him gloating over a stacked victory is stupid, thus I made a post of anger.

Anyway, you don't even play Halo anymore, SHOO! :D

GhaleonEB

memecomplex said:
Ghal try shooting the grunts once in the body/limbs with your DMR/pistol then switch to the needler and fire away. Also grunts who are trying to stick you are extremely susceptible to being supercombined. I got the challenge in 2 games of Gruntpocalypse using the needler. It's a pretty cool metagame.
Right, that's what I meant by certain circumstances. I got 18 Needler kills in one game of Gruntpocalypse, so I can use it - I just don't think it's fun to do so as past Needlers. It was my favorite weapon in Halo 1, and it never got back to full glory from there. (Related note, it just occured to me that I've never been supercombined (is that the right term?) by the Needler in MP or Campaign. It's always little pecks one at a time, but never enough to pop me. Weird.)

I got the first Perfectionist commendation tonight, 50 rounds of Firefight without dying. It paid out 250 cR and requires another 200 to get the next level. Definitely a satisfaction > reward kind of feeling. :lol

Alienshogun said:
I don't believe firefight or campaign can supercombine you, they also can't headshot you, I'm pretty sure.
They can headshot you, all right. I've taken many a needle to the dome from a Nerfle in Firefight.

Edit: The game after I posted that, I got domed in Score Attack. :lol

4/4 Challenges today. I haven't done that in a long while.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
GhaleonEB said:
Right, that's what I meant by certain circumstances. I got 18 Needler kills in one game of Gruntpocalypse, so I can use it - I just don't think it's fun to do so as past Needlers. It was my favorite weapon in Halo 1, and it never got back to full glory from there. (Related note, it just occured to me that I've never been supercombined (is that the right term?) by the Needler in MP or Campaign. It's always little pecks one at a time, but never enough to pop me. Weird.)

I got the first Perfectionist commendation tonight, 50 rounds of Firefight without dying. It paid out 250 cR and requires another 200 to get the next level. Definitely a satisfaction > reward kind of feeling. :lol

I don't believe firefight or campaign can supercombine you, they also can't headshot you, I'm pretty sure.

Sai-kun

Banned
Alienshogun said:
That's the point of my post, I am mad. Him gloating over a stacked victory is stupid, thus I made a post of anger.

Anyway, you don't even play Halo anymore, SHOO! :D

:lol Omg, so true. I haven't played halo in almost a week and a half. The worst part is I don't even miss it that much. I miss playing with you guys, but WoW is a hell of a lot more relaxing than Halo.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Sai-kun said:
:lol Omg, so true. I haven't played halo in almost a week and a half. The worst part is I don't even miss it that much. I miss playing with you guys, but WoW is a hell of a lot more relaxing than Halo.

Oh, THAT'S where you went. Makes sense now.

Yeah, Halo is pretty intense, but it's still the best thing on consoles, and I'm not going to toss my life down the bottomless pit that is an MMO. :lol

Sai-kun said:

Yeah I was playing a MLG match today and I was fucking up so bad. Like I knew what I was doing was going to get me killed but I did it anyway. Just really stupid shit like meleeing despite the guy being so far away.

This is why I don't try to play multiplayer matchmaking 2 days in a row. I always suck complete ass on the 2nd day.

So I had to balance it out with some SMG2 which was much more relaxing.

Zennshi

Neo Member
Daily Challenges:

Shootin' and Lootin' - 1500cR
Kill 150 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

Secondary Fire - 4000cR
Earn 25 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Now I have a Machine Gun - 2500cR
Earn 100 kills with automatic weapons in multiplayer Matchmaking. (wtf)

Mostly at Night - 5000cR
Complete Nightfall on Legendary without dying.

shitty Challenges today -_-

Well, it's another 6500 credits to go to my golden visor. That's more than I made yesterday.

Alienshogun said:
Oh, THAT'S where you went. Makes sense now.

Yeah, Halo is pretty intense, but it's still the best thing on consoles, and I'm not going to toss my life down the bottomless pit that is an MMO. :lol
I hear you. Well, that, and WoW doesn't really look all that appealing to me. The MMO concept just doesn't get me excited in general.

Plywood said:
He donged on them with that tank, but wow he's a Hero, wtf.

They are already doing it again and locked in. They get their tank on the others side end up stealing their next banshee and tank and lock their spawns down with all 4 vehicles, nothing the other team can do. (Paradiso)

Plus they are all solid players. (4 heros, field marshall and a legend)

http://www.justin.tv/sforsytosis#/w/660243408/4

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/halo-reach-art-inspiration

Just had a shitty week at work. Intend to game the hell out of Friday and Saturday. Wanna hit Brigadier by the end of it hopefully if the caps don't stop me.

Kuroyume

Banned
Zennshi said:
Daily Challenges:

Shootin' and Lootin' - 1500cR
Kill 150 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

Secondary Fire - 4000cR
Earn 25 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Earn 100 kills with automatic weapons in multiplayer Matchmaking. (wtf)

Mostly at Night - 5000cR
Complete Nightfall on Legendary without dying.

shitty Challenges today -_-

Those are really good. I may be mistaken but I think all the challenges from yesterday barely went over 5000 combined. The only one I don't like there is the Machine Gun one but I think I'll do it. If not there's still an easy 10500 there.

chapel

Banned
Still haven't gone back into MLG. Granted I haven't turned on my Xbox in like a week. I mean to play but I get busy reading website, coding, or playing WoW (damn Cata). It's sad because I expected Reach to be the game of the forever. :(

Gui_PT

Zennshi said:
Daily Challenges:
Earn 100 kills with automatic weapons in multiplayer Matchmaking.

egpsnd.jpg

Hydranockz said:
I don't like quitting, but holy hell, I would've if that happened to me.

There's no way that's legit, 55 kills and no deaths? Was the other team just cowering in a corner?

Louis Wu said:
rofl - he's got 56,489 Matchmaking Multiplayer kills... and 648 of those are with an automatic weapon, and 132 of them are with a small arms weapon. :lol :lol
Noticed that too. I mean, my AR and Pistol kills aren't all that numerous either, but that's just absurd. Guess you can't fire an AR from inside a Banshee. ><

Top Bottom