• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Magni

Just got back from VGL Paris '10 :D But no Halo this year =( But I got Tommy to promise me some Halo (and some Pokémon too :D) next year, I'll be back for sure :D :D

As for those of you in or near Seattle, they'll be there next month premiering Halo Reach's OST with Marty ;-)

edit: got home just in time for the BWU, reading now

If you look closely, you can see the Legendary difficulty logo on Johnson's mug.

Noble Six is pointing up at the mistletoe and holding the Rookie... bow chicka bow wow.

And it looks like Usze ‘Taham on the far left, the 4th person co-op Elite from Halo 3, is holding a plasma grenade. Is he going to kill them all?!?
edit: oh it's for decorating the tree heh.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Grimm Fandango said:
If you look closely, you can see the Legendary difficulty logo on Johnson's mug.

Noble Six is pointing up at the mistletoe and holding the Rookie... bow chicka bow wow.

And it looks like Usze ‘Taham on the far left, the 4th person co-op Elite from Halo 3, is holding a plasma grenade. Is he going to kill them all?!?
edit: oh it's for decorating the tree heh.

It's also a female 6.

LMAO. I just got an Extermination in Slayer on Pinnacle. Used the pistol for the first kill (jetpacker) and to weaken another, tossed a grenade to kill the second and weaken three and four. Then took out the AR and picked off the third guy before meleeing the last. :lol

There should be some kind of 'Garage sale' achievement or bonus for using literally every offensive weapon in your arsenal within the span of like 5 seconds. :lol

Dax01 said:
I hope a lot of people realize that this isn't just the AR. It includes the Needler too.

That should be pretty easy if you play a couple of games of Invasion.

Great, so that means even more people picking the Worst Halo Experience Ever, also known as Elite Slayer w/ Armor Lock.

Just grand.

Trasher

Dax01 said:
Halsey never had a husband, but I think that's Keyes.
Oh really?

Miranda Keyes, born Miranda Halsey, was a Lieutenant Commander in the UNSC Navy. Keyes served as the commanding officer of both the UNSC In Amber Clad as well as the UNSC Forward Unto Dawn and was the commander of the Human expedition force to Installation 00 in late 2552. She was the daughter of the late Captain Jacob Keyes and Doctor Catherine Elizabeth Halsey.

Not husband, but how about fuck buddy? :lol

Magni

Alienshogun said:
Dax doesn't know what that means, don't ruin his innocence. Please, think of the children.

:lol :lol :lol

Being his age, I hope he knows what that means :lol

But seriously that pic is all kinds of awesome sauce, thanks Bungie and Happy Halodays everyone <3

zumphry

Banned
Poor Bungie, losing 23k MM games.:lol

Love the Christmas card. :lol at Tartarsauce rug, Noble Six/Rookie mistletoe, and trolling with Chief's helmet removed :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
MagniHarvald said:
:lol :lol :lol

Being his age, I hope he knows what that means :lol

But seriously that pic is all kinds of awesome sauce, thanks Bungie and Happy Halodays everyone <3

I'm just funnin', of course he knows what it means.

Happy holidays to too bud and everyone else non Dax related! :D

Oh hell, you too Daxypoo.

And to get you all in the mood, here's a present to unwrap.

29gcug1.jpg

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dani said:
Mind editing that inappropriate pic out, Big? Not really suitable here.

GhaleonEB said:
Seriously. I read GAF on a computer that's in the den next to the TV. Kids are present.

Tashi0106 said:
Creeeeeeeepy

Sorry bout that, feel slightly responsible. Hopefully he gets back on the forum soon so he can remedy that.

Hopping back on, anyone wanna join me?

Alienshogun said:
Sorry bout that, feel slightly responsible. Hopefully he gets back on the forum soon so he can remedy that.

Hopping back on, anyone wanna join me?

I missed the entirety of the Mr. Big Picture Experience. Is there some sort of ASCII version? Is there a "HaloGAF: Unedited, Uncut, Unapologetic" alterna-thread that I should be subscribing to for this sort of thing?

Oh and Happy Vacation Times Student Types...even if you're playing COD:BO.

MrBig

Bregmann Roche said:
I missed the entirety of the Mr. Big Picture Experience. Is there some sort of ASCII version? Is there a "HaloGAF: Unedited, Uncut, Unapologetic" alterna-thread that I should be subscribing to for this sort of thing?

Its from the gif requst thread in OT if you really want to see it.
Sorry about that.

zumphry

Banned
Great. Nightfall is broken for me where if I start from the beginning and try to skip the cutscene, it just goes back and replays it over and over again. If I watch it, it goes back to the cutscene.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Jesus christ, I think I die more due to teammates hitting me than I to the enemy hitting me.

The worst part about it, is the enemy gets credit.

Bregmann Roche said:

Eh, it was just some questionable dispensing of shock gel upon some ripe recruits for the spartan II program.

Teknoman said:
Are Halo GAF nights still Fridays? Havent been able to really game in awhile so im kinda out of the loop.

They're Saturday nights usually...not that I've ever had the free time to join one.

Friday night is reserved for posting pictures that will offend members of Ghaleon's family and scar Dax's fragile psyche.

Teknoman

Bregmann Roche said:
They're Saturday nights usually...not that I've ever had the free time to join one.

Friday night is reserved for posting pictures that will offend members of Ghaleon's family and scar Dax's fragile psyche.

Oh right Saturday!

feel

This kid goes into an MLG match and then proceeds to commit suicide 37 times.

Just sad...

And why does the game allow this kind of stuff? There should be an instaboot after a few suicides.

GhaleonEB

Nightfall on Legendary is ridiculous. Just had a 30-minute game where I got the last wave of guys dropped off by drop ships when the smugglers were, with the ordnance. And one Elite chases me down back to where the mules were, absorbs a full clip of DMR fire and a sniper round without dropping shields, and kills me with a plasma rifle from about 25 yards away - when I had full health.

I still don't like how Legendary is balanced in Reach. Elites are over-buffed, and everyone deals too much damage. Rather than facing difficult, smart enemies I feel fragile. It reminds me of how Halo 2 was balanced, rather than Halo 3.

feel

Oh, and that postcard is pretty amazing. Spent a while earlier just staring at it, every character and detail, reminiscing about the good times this universe and cast has provided the past 10 years. Thanks Bungie.

Dax01 said:
Man, I wish Bungie would do a title update for the warthog controls alone. I mean, I like the way most of the vehicles control in this game, but the warthog controls need to be more grounded; they're too floaty as is. I'm afraid to do any of the moves I could do in the Halo 3 warthog in Reach for fear that I'll flip the warthog over. I feel like a pebble could cause the 'hog in Reach to flip over.
If only one thing gets fixed in a title update, it'd be this.

Kuroyume

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Nightfall on Legendary is ridiculous. Just had a 30-minute game where I got the last wave of guys dropped off by drop ships when the smugglers were, with the ordnance. And one Elite chases me down back to where the mules were, absorbs a full clip of DMR fire and a sniper round without dropping shields, and kills me with a plasma rifle from about 25 yards away - when I had full health.

Legendary in Reach is balanced worse that Halo 2 was.

You can skip that entire part. That's what I did.

edit:

Oh sweet. Rocket Race followed by Rocket Race... Fucking Multi Team. 3 people quit already including my partner. Guess I'll just stay idle hidden in one of the big structures on Boneyard. I hate this shit.

Top Bottom