• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Gui_PT said:
Could someone render a short video for me please? T'would be appreciated.

So, I was trying to work on the Flawless Cowboy commendation on the PoA. Everything is going fine, I reach the last part of the level where I rarely die and then this happens =\

That's a Blame Stosh if I ever saw one :lol

Aren't there easier levels to do that on? I can't believe that shelf punched back though. :lol

LosDaddie

Banned
Zennshi said:
Daily Challenges:

Gunslinger - 1250cR
Kill 75 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Covenant-cide - 1000cR
Kill 90 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

Blast Radius - 1400cR
Kill 20 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking with grenades.

That Pink Mist - 2000cR
Kill 40 enemies with a Supercombine from the Needler or Needle Rifle in Firefight Matchmaking.

Nice! A couple rounds of Score Attack and that's an easy 5k cR. :D

Which Firefight playlist is good for the Needler/Needle Rifle Challenge? Regular score attack? Gruntpacalypse?

GhaleonEB

LosDaddie said:
Nice! A couple rounds of Score Attack and that's an easy 5k cR. :D

Which Firefight playlist is good for the Needler/Needle Rifle Challenge? Regular score attack? Gruntpacalypse?
Either works. With Gruntpocalypse you can scoop up lots of Needlers. With regular Score Attack there are Nerfles as well, but your opportunity to use them is more limited due to the variety of the enemies. That said it took me two rounds of Score Attack the last time this one came up, using the Nerfle on the Brutes and Elites.
Gui_PT said:

So, I was trying to work on the Flawless Cowboy commendation on the PoA. Everything is going fine, I reach the last part of the level where I rarely die and then this happens =\

:lol

The wall didn't like being hit.

Louis Wu

Gui_PT said:

That's happened to me before. :lol :lol

LosDaddie

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Either works. With Gruntpocalypse you can scoop up lots of Needlers. With regular Score Attack there are Nerfles as well, but your opportunity to use them is more limited due to the variety of the enemies. That said it took me two rounds of Score Attack the last time this one came up, using the Nerfle on the Brutes and Elites.

OK, thanks. Sounds like a couple rounds of Gruntpocalypse it'll be for me.

Just checked my BNET stats and I'm about 25k cR away from having enough to get the Halo CE helmet. My armor will be complete after that. The only thing I kinda want is the gold visor color. Going to be a grind for that though.

LosDaddie said:
OK, thanks. Sounds like a couple rounds of Gruntpocalypse it'll be for me.

Just checked my BNET stats and I'm about 25k cR away from having enough to get the Halo CE helmet. My armor will be complete after that. The only thing I kinda want is the gold visor color. Going to be a grind for that though.
It's an epic grind to be sure. I've been saving for almost two weeks now, just hit 180.000 credits. Makes me regret buying the black visor. :p

zumphry

Banned
Gui_PT said:

:lol :lol :lol

I always get that crate to pop up unintentionally. It isn't until the Generals that I need it. Mostly.

Gui_PT

Weekly is done yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! What a grind :lol

ZayneH said:
:lol :lol :lol

I always get that crate to pop up unintentionally. It isn't until the Generals that I need it. Mostly.

Worst thing is, I didn't even need ammo. I'm just used to doing that as soon as I reach that area =P

Wow. Am I the only one who thinks the 3 new maps are like, orders of magnitude better than all of the maps that shipped with the game?

I mean, aside from Powerhouse, nothing that shipped with the game feels like it's even int he same league as Tempest and Anchor 9.

I actually like Boneyard and Spire for Invasion (**** for anything else), and Breakpoint is even better.

MS Points well spent. Looking forward to the next DLC. :D

The Antitype said:
Wow. Am I the only one who thinks the 3 new maps are like, orders of magnitude better than all of the maps that shipped with the game?

I mean, aside from Powerhouse, nothing that shipped with the game feels like it's even int he same league as Tempest and Anchor 9.

I actually like Boneyard and Spire for Invasion (**** for anything else), and Breakpoint is even better.

MS Points well spent. Looking forward to the next DLC. :D
Did you read this thread?

FourDoor

:lol @ gui getting pwnwalled. :lol

The Antitype said:
MS Points well spent. Looking forward to the forgetacular contest maps. :D

fixed for you since I doubt we'll be getting any new DLC maps anytime soon. :(

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
The Lamonster said:
Thanks but I've already looked there. Can't find a page that summarizes the Reach MLG settings.

Here's all the changes according to a bunch of playtime:

• No radar
  • Movement speed increased
  • Jump height increased
  • Sprint AA is what you spawn with
  • Evade and Jetpack AA are pick-ups around the maps
  • DMR and Needle Rifle w/ 2 frags each are the only Loadouts
  • Melee damage reduced to 75% (3 melees to kill someone)
  • 5 second delay between spawning and being able to use your AA except for the initial game spawn
  • All spawns are red or blue spawns, no neutral spawns

There's probably more subtle tweaks but those are the most noticable ones.

Domino Theory said:

• No radar
  • Jump height increased
  • 5 second delay between spawning and being able to use your AA except for the initial game spawn

Perfect! Thanks a lot man. The changes sound great.

LosDaddie

Banned
Blue Ninja said:
It's an epic grind to be sure. I've been saving for almost two weeks now, just hit 180.000 credits. Makes me regret buying the black visor. :p

I bought the blue visor very early on. Mainly because blue is my favorite color, but also because I didn't know there was a gold visor. But yeah, it's going to take a while for me to get the gold visor. I can't even imagine the grind to get those 1M credit armor effects. Saw a couple of those last weekend.

RE: New Maps

Definitely great maps. Probably the best maps in Reach, but I still enjoy the old maps too.

What I like most about them are the 2 odd-numberd cheevos. I got the Breakpoint Invasion cheevo and now I FINALLY have a nice, rounded gamerscore again! :lol That is, until I get the other odd-numbered cheevo :(

Domino Theory said:

• No radar
  • Jump height increased

They also upped the player gravity to %150, which makes jumps feel less floaty.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
electricpirate said:
They also upped the player gravity to %150, which makes jumps feel less floaty.

It sticks you to the ground better so you can strafe left and right easier, it also makes the jetpack more of a jumppack.

Basically MLG is the polish on the turd that is Reach, the only thing they weren't able to fix was the bloom.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Gui_PT said:
Weekly is done yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! What a grind :lol

Worst thing is, I didn't even need ammo. I'm just used to doing that as soon as I reach that area =P

Why are you ignoring me?!??!?!

On a side note, last final done, books turned in, tonight, is Halo night. Bitches better prepare yourselves, lube your anuses, it's time to get elbow deep!

WHO'S WITH ME!?!?!?

pakkit

Banned
Alienshogun said:

On a side note, last final done, books turned in, tonight, is Halo night. Bitches better prepare yourselves, lube your anuses, it's time to get elbow deep!

WHO'S WITH ME!?!?!?
goatse.jpg

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Alienshogun said:

WHO'S WITH ME!?!?!?

DADT

electricpirate said:
A) 25 ;)

B) don't forget the 2 other 20k post threads you are now required to read :lol

Welcome to Halo GAF. Now go do your homework.

Thats the worst welcome ever. Your new to these parts? Go read the entire archive of whats been said here. :lol

Not everyone here is as hostile dude, dont worry. :D

For what its worth I literally cant stand playing on most Disk maps, but im having a blast on the dlc maps. They really are a huge step in in quality - I think it helps that they feel more like traditional Halo maps. Breakpoint is a bit meh though - I played invasion on it earlier today and I think they used the space wrong to be honest. Not only that but we dont get the good stuff like Falcons till stage 3!??

Gui_PT

Alienshogun said:

WHO'S WITH ME!?!?!?

What did I ignore? That post where you said there were easier levels?

Well, there are, but I really like PoA.

HAPPY?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Gui_PT said:
What did I ignore? That post where you said there were easier levels?

Well, there are, but I really like PoA.

HAPPY?

I didn't say there were, I was asking! I wanna join the exploitz crew too! :lol

Letters said:
sphzj5.jpg

Final stretch till my beautiful Mark VI

201k to go.. le sigh

Jesus 220,000 points?!?!? Is colonel another warrant officer?

bobs99 ... said:
Thats the worst welcome ever. Your new to these parts? Go read the entire archive of whats been said here. :lol

Not everyone here is as hostile dude, dont worry. :D

For what its worth I literally cant stand playing on most Disk maps, but im having a blast on the dlc maps. They really are a huge step in in quality - I think it helps that they feel more like traditional Halo maps. Breakpoint is a bit meh though - I played invasion on it earlier today and I think they used the space wrong to be honest. Not only that but we dont get the good stuff like Falcons till stage 3!??

Recalibrate your internet joke detector.

I figured the laughing face was enough, but yet again, I was wrong. :lol

Alienshogun said:
I didn't say there were, I was asking! I wanna join the exploitz crew too! :lol

Starting from Colonel, everything is worse than Warrant Officer. Once you hit Field Marshall, there aren't even grades anymore so it's an even longer slog to get the next promotion. All the more rewarding when you hit it, I imagine.

Squall ASF said:
Starting from Colonel, everything is worse than Warrant Officer. Once you hit Field Marshall, there aren't even grades anymore so it's an even longer slog to get the next promotion. All the more rewarding when you hit it, I imagine.
But the rate of credits earned does increase the more you rank up, though. I went through Captain, Major and Commander a lot faster than I'm now doing for Colonel or Warrant Officer.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
OTP: Rectal fisting and ball juggling.

Squall ASF said:

Yikes, that's going to suck.

electricpirate said:

Wait, are you joking about joking? Or are you not joking about the joke in which you are now joking?

electricpirate said:

Yeah I was only half serious myself, but it must have been a pretty shitty reception for the dude that posted. :lol

Just so you know I only responded to your post because I was too lazy to scroll up and quote Hypertrooper - it was really his post I was refering to.

Also, getting to Brig is HARD - but once your like General apprently you earn so many credits a game ranking up feels like its flying through?

Blue Ninja said:
But the rate of credits earned does increase the more you rank up, though. I went through Captain, Major and Commander a lot faster than I'm now doing for Colonel or Warrant Officer.

That's true, you do get more per game. I was merely commenting on how many credits you need to go up. That said, it doesn't seem to help much in the Colonel region :|

Alienshogun said:
Wait, are you joking about joking? Or are you not joking about the joke in which you are now joking?

Malkovich Malkovich?

Multiteam should really have had a "this week only" name change to "6 team King of the Hill". Thanks weekly challenge!

MrBig

Alienshogun said:
The last grade in a rank always takes double the amount of credits as it does to go up in the grade for the rank. Every rank is like that. (Until you get beyond military ranks I guess.)

I'm at brig G1 now and need another 120k to be able to buy Mk VI. I was planning on sticking with Mk V, but after seeing it more in-game I think it looks much better.

Gui_PT

Alienshogun said:

350k cR from General G4 to Field Marshal.

I considered spending money on the Mark VI, but ended up getting this baby.

bwcKp.jpg

Hi Zayneh :D

Gui_PT said:
350k cR from General G4 to Field Marshal.

I considered spending money on the Mark VI, but ended up getting this baby.

http://i.imgur.com/bwcKp.jpg[IMG]

Hi Zayneh :D[/QUOTE]

Is that a flaming helmet? I loved playing against kids who were rocking that. It's like, dude, you spent $150 for an in-game particle effect. :lol I always viewed it as a Red Badge of Shame. Strangely enough, kids with the flaming helmet always seemed to be the worst players as well. I wonder if there's a correlation.

Gui_PT

Jack Scofield said:
Is that a flaming helmet? I loved playing against kids who were rocking that. It's like, dude, you spent $150 for an in-game particle effect. :lol I always viewed it as a Red Badge of Shame. Strangely enough, kids with the flaming helmet always seemed to be the worst players as well. I wonder if there's a correlation.

That's actually the pelican blowing up right behind me in the cutscene. I wouldn't use the flaming helmet if I had it :lol

MrBig

Jack Scofield said:
That's the pelicans engine all fucked up. e: ^^

Ghost Rider has forever mutated my brain. It doesn't matter what helmet the guy is using, if I see the flaming effect, my brain immediately replaces the helmet with a skull.

So if somebody using the flaming helmet was particularly irritating (or good) during a match, and go through the post-game stats to find them, I can never fucking recognize them from their armor...cause none of them have flaming skulls. :lol

Sigh, I guess comic books really do rot your brain.

Top Bottom