• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Uggh this Colonel Gr 3 is taking forever. I wanted to be Brigadier by this time. Wheres the 15+k weeklies? ITS A WEEKLY it shouldn't be as much as a daily...

xxjuicesxx said:
Uggh this Colonel Gr 3 is taking forever. I wanted to be Brigadier by this time. Wheres the 15+k weeklies? ITS A WEEKLY it shouldn't be as much as a daily...
As I've stated earlier, I'm sure they are going to begin tweaking the weeklies once the Christmas gifts are given to the little boys and girls who wanted Reach and the Bungie employees return from the holiday break.

Hey You

xxjuicesxx said:
I know. Its killing me. I have 146106 of 220000 left :/

Hydranockz said:
Which one were you? o_O

Good games indeed though. We had a nice streak going. Someone seemingly recognised us from Gaf so we (I) teabagged them.
I think it was Snipez something that we were totally not talking about booting or anything cuz he was in party chat and our BTB party had 9 causing me to be on the other team and get a shit kicking. :lol

Kuroyume

Banned
I'm slowly getting through Colonel Grade 3 too. I play the game because I enjoy it. I've enjoyed it almost as much as I enjoyed Halo 2. I'm not playing to get a bunch of armor or anything. That said I can't help but keep looking at that rank bar everytime I finish a game just because all those numbers pop up. Colonel just feels like a total drag. These 1200+ point challenges aren't cutting it. I want to see more 4000-5000 point dailies and the return of 10000+ weekly challenges.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Kuroyume said:
I'm slowly getting through Colonel Grade 3 too. I play the game because I enjoy it. I've enjoyed it almost as much as I enjoyed Halo 2. I'm not playing to get a bunch of armor or anything. That said I can't help but keep looking at that rank bar everytime I finish a game just because all those numbers pop up. Colonel just feels like a total drag. These 1200+ point challenges aren't cutting it. I want to see more 4000-5000 point dailies and the return of 10000+ weekly challenges.

Wait until you're trying to go from Brig 3 to General. :(

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
MrBig said:
gg mangs gg
halonight.jpg

DAMN you guys went for a while after I left.

It seemed to take a million years to hit Lt. Colonel, which I did just before going to bed last night.

I just have to forget that cR exists ;P

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
NullPointer said:
It seemed to take a million years to hit Lt. Colonel, which I did just before going to bed last night.

I just have to forget that cR exists ;P
I'm only 2,800 cR away from Lt. Colonel! Gonna hit it later tonight... I don't play nearly as much as I did a couple months ago. Looking forward to getting that black visor.

MrBig

Finally purchased the most expensive helmet in the game, Mk VI. Now I only need 730k more cR to get the last four (Including EVA C.) I'm not going to wear anyone of them. I'm still torn between Mk VI and Mk V. I was going to be keeping with V, but it was just up-resed so oddly. It doesn't look right. I just want to collect em all and then get teh Halloween helmet if it just unlocks for all the helmets.

Alienshogun said:
DAMN you guys went for a while after I left.
That +0 on Countdown is the Armor Lock Heroes game :C

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
MrBig said:
Finally purchased the most expensive helmet in the game, Mk VI. Now I only need 730k more cR to get the last four (Including EVA C.)

That +0 on Countdown is the Armor Lock Heroes game :C

I thought we were never speaking of that again. Seriously, that game made me need electroshock.

Striker

MrBig said:
gg mangs gg
[IMGhttp://derekdennison.codebrainshideout.net/gaf/halonight.jpg[/IMG]
What's so sad about that. Two CTF games, and they're just 1-flag, to boot. Ninja needs to readjust the BTB gametype weightings. Too much Slayer or Slayer oriented showings.

Striker said:
What's so sad about that. Two CTF games, and they're just 1-flag, to boot. Ninja needs to readjust the BTB gametype weightings. Too much Slayer or Slayer oriented showings.
BTB Slayer on Atom dude.

neoism

Devolution said:
This is the reason I want an explanation of why dash isn't up right when you spawn. It's not like MLG gametypes have improved spawning, so for dash to be delayed upon spawn is just stupid.
yep I just can't stand it so I'm not playing mlg at all. I'm not that good, but still, it is stupid. :/

MrBig

Was about to go to bed but then I decided I'd stay up to get some shot's of the solstice. Anyone up for some reach to fill the time?

Stackboy

A funny thing happened to me when I was playing last night. I started my first Team Slayer game for the night and about 5 minutes in, got disconnected from Live. It told me the game was over and then acted like I finished the game normally, giving me bonus credits and whatnot. After going back to the menu and playing through my next Team Slayer game without any trouble, I got a jackpot of 8770 credits.

I've dropped out of a few games recently, so I didn't think I was eligible for the jackpot.

Anyone else encountered anything like this recently?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Stackboy said:
A funny thing happened to me when I was playing last night. I started my first Team Slayer game for the night and about 5 minutes in, got disconnected from Live. It told me the game was over and then acted like I finished the game normally, giving me bonus credits and whatnot. After going back to the menu and playing through my next Team Slayer game without any trouble, I got a jackpot of 8770 credits.

I've dropped out of a few games recently, so I didn't think I was eligible for the jackpot.

Nope, I still haven't gotten a jackpot, and I haven't quit.

Epyon MX said:
I'd like to see a FF Grabbag playlist: Rocket Fight, Blind Hunters, Elite Sword Duels. Short matches, but crazy options.

I'd definitely play that playlist as a palette cleanser/ relaxer.
I'd probably play that all day. I'm sure the community could come up with some cool firefight gametypes too.

GhaleonEB

GG everyone. I wasn't expecting to knock off the MP challenges today but it was fun; I have to crash though. Work beacons.

I do wish b.net kept track of cR as well as it kept track of points. Earlier today I had a Score Attack game that got me a Game Complete bonus of 666 cR, and another 666 cR in Commendations. :lol

MIMIC

Banned
Gui_PT said:
Ride the Wave - 4000cR

Complete 100 Waves in Firefight Matchmaking.

Sweet weekly.

Saw this earlier yesterday. Got to 50+ in 4 or 5 rounds. A few more and I'll have it :)

At first, I thought you had to finish 100 firefights and was thinking "OK....14 rounds a day. God this is gonna suck" :lol

Stackboy said:

It's happened to a lot of people. They quit, and get the jackpot in one of their next games, while the ones who don't quit have a lot more trouble getting it. Haven't had the pleasure myself, either. :lol

Random guy in team slayer: "Sucks that they took armor lock out of arena."
Me: "Armor lock is garbage."
Guy: "Your mom is garbage."

If that wasn't bad enough, he proceeds to say...

"Armor lock was the only thing in Arena Doubles that took any teamwork."

I explained how it severely hampers and slow down the speed of the game to which they just sling a barrage of insults towards me. If this is the average Halo player then god help us all.

Barrow Roll said:
Random guy in team slayer: "Sucks that they took armor lock out of arena."
Me: "Armor lock is garbage."
Guy: "Your mom is garbage."

If that wasn't bad enough, he proceeds to say...

"Armor lock was the only thing in Arena Doubles that took any teamwork."

I explained how it severely hampers and slow down the speed of the game to which they just sling a barrage of insults towards me. If this is the average Halo player then god help us all.
The average Halo player sticks their teammate just as they get into a Banshee. When the exploding is done, they take the vehicle for themselves, and promptly go down in a shower of lasers and molten purple alloy.

Darklord

Banned
I just got Halo Reach, don't really follow the news about it but...is the framerate fucking AWFUL in this game? Like god damn in bigger battles its dreadful. Worst than Lords of Shadow. Does installing help much?

Kuroyume

Banned
Yes, the framerate often gets awful. The worst part of the campaign regarding framerate is at the very first level. It gets smoother later one. Multiplayer also suffers from the same problem when a bunch of vehicles gets going making aiming really difficult if not impossible.

Really noticeable on Hemmorhage.

Zennshi

Neo Member
Daily Challenges:

Shootin' and Lootin' - 2500cR
Kill 250 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

Stronger, Harder - 2750cR
Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic with Famine, Tough Luck, and Thunderstorm on.

Fortified Court - 3500cR
Kill 1000 enemies on Courtyard in Firefight Matchmaking.

Go Right Ahead Folks - 1250cR
Earn a First Strike in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

Man, that's a lot of games on Courtyard. :-(

Came across something yesterday that's finally started to irritate the hell out of me. During the voting process, three of us vote for 'none of the above' with no other votes cast. With about four seconds left, three people vote for Slayer on Pinnacle, and that ends up winning the vote (3-3, wtf). I hate that shit; a tied vote should go either to what was chosen first or to a new round of voting with a new third choice, not the hierarchy of how the choices are listed. It certainly didn't help that the game chosen was on Pinnacle, arguably the shittiest map in Reach.

In other news, finally got to play 4v4 on Anchor 9, and I think it might just be my favorite map so far. Easy to learn layout, decent weapon selection, and a space section that works really well to mix up the combat style. Great stuff.

Arnie

On reflection and replay, New Alexandria isn't a bad mission at all, in fact it's a great pace changer from the rest of the campaign and does a good job of grounding you on Reach as you get the sense that the city is a real, large place. The Falcon is a dream to fly as well, I think Bungie's goal for the Falcon was to make it slightly over powered to compensate for player's skepticism when faced with aerial combat. I mean you can just rip through pretty much anything with ease, even on Legendary.

Lock altitude, hold the left stick right, reign death.

GhaleonEB

Zennshi said:
Daily Challenges:

Shootin' and Lootin' - 2500cR
Kill 250 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

Stronger, Harder - 2750cR
Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic with Famine, Tough Luck, and Thunderstorm on.

Fortified Court - 3500cR
cookiewant.gif

Pete Rock

Needs more Rocket Race, a playlist cannot come soon enough. I don't mind running parties of 6+ to vote it through in Multiteam consecutively, but that's a temporary solution to a problem, not an answer.

Tempest & Breakpoint are both awesome with it, so that makes 6 quality maps to fill it out counting the DLC :D

Schmitty

Forgot this was now in community. I was wondering why my subs weren't updated with Reach.

Finally have a gold visor. I just want the Mjolnir shoulder pads and my Halo 1 Master Chief shall be complete

Hey You

Zennshi said:
Daily Challenges:

Fortified Court - 3500cR
This should have been the Weekly, not this weeks weekly.

I got it yesterday. I actually had fun getting it.

Top Bottom