• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

ShinAmano

ICallItFutile said:
It doesn't help enemies in Halo take many more shots (even more than one with headshots in some cases). Beating Legendary alone is impossible for me.

Anyone mind sharing their gamertag to play Firefight in the near future?

Happy Birthday squidhands.
ShinAmano - usually on after 7pm est monday - thursday and sometimes on the weekend.

If you use the plasma pistol in combination with the DMR or pistol you will be alright and get the hang of it. Charge PP...shoot which breaks all shields and one shot to the head for the finish.

Louis Wu

squidhands said:
Thankfully I'm not the oldest guy on NeoGAF. :lol
Not by a LONG shot. :lol :lol

And oh, Ghal, I hate to do this to you after yesterday's challenge (since you're probably SERIOUSLY sick of Courtyard), but...

new_courtyard_leaderboard.png

:D

LosDaddie

Banned
ShinAmano said:
So did Bungie just give up on updating the Spartan images on the website?

This would be nice to know.

ICallItFutile said:
Beating Legendary alone is impossible for me.

No, it's not. A charged Plasma Pistol is your savior on higher difficulties. I also leaned a good deal on the Bubble Shield too, since it fully recharges your health/shields. And yes, Patience & Strategy are essential too.

Meh, after yesterday the challenges don't seem too enticing today. Guess I'll play the tons of Steam games I just got. And there's like 10 more days of deals to go.

Don't think my wallet will last.

MrBig

LosDaddie said:
This would be nice to know..
I think we're assuming they're waiting until after the christmas population boost. I'm pretty sure they were saying at launch that this is one of the things it wouldn't have been possible to test and that's why it broke when so many millions of people were updating their spartan and then they just turned it off.

Concept Artist-Senior-MGS-343 Industries-Halo (722465) Job
I would almost look into this if I had more experience and was actually taking art classes instead of teaching myself from scratch for the last two years. I wish I had started on art sooner. I've only got basic experience in mudbox, 3ds max, and texturing. Maybe in a few years after I go to college.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to go into concept art or air force.

I would actually love to go for the Multiplayer Design lead role. :lol I just havent got the experience. :(

These 2 requirments seem almost contradictory:

At least one AAA title with a strong multiplayer mode

Rabid Halo fan - be prepared to demonstrate that you've played all of the games and thought a lot about the franchise

Bringing someone in from another big company is just going to lead to him bringing aspects of the other game into Halo. I hate to say it, but the Shadowrun influence on Reach is HUGE. Ideally you would want someone fresh, with new ideas.

Then again, you need someone with experience, and if they have worked on one AAA title they will be able to work on another one. I guess there are people out there who are working on games but would jump ship immediatly to work on Halo.

squidhands said:
Thanks guys. :D 38 is a really weird age...

Ah, Happy Birthday! We almost share the same Birthdays. Mine was yesterday though.

Aren't Christmas Birthdays the best? My family always combines my Birthday presents with my Christmas presents. Been that way since I was a kid. :(

:lol

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
LosDaddie said:
Let's hope so.

I wish a Bungie employee on here would give us a heads up.

You just have to play more games to lift the player model cap!

(Unfortunately, the image update doohickey is coupled to some super other important stuff. That super important stuff is consequential enough to make live testing too risky. Before I left on vacation I did hear some encouraging grumbles from the online team, but I'm leery of making any promises on their behalf.)

ShinAmano

urk said:

(Unfortunately, the image update doohickey is coupled to some super other important stuff. That super important stuff is consequential enough to make live testing too risky. Before I left on vacation I did hear some encouraging grumbles from the online team, but I'm leery of making any promises on their behalf.)
At least you let us know it is not a lost cause.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Grimm Fandango said:
Quickly now, Dax is at the door again. What do you do??!?!?

I would tell him the only way he's getting in is if he sacrifices his soul to Cthulu.

Then swiftly scrub the door handle with hand sanitizer.

urk said:

Ah, ok.

Could you just update mine?

GhaleonEB

Louis Wu said:
Not by a LONG shot. :lol :lol

And oh, Ghal, I hate to do this to you after yesterday's challenge (since you're probably SERIOUSLY sick of Courtyard), but...

new_courtyard_leaderboard.png

Damn, that's most impressive. I did mostly Sniper Attack and Grunpocalypse last night, since I'd burned out on regular Score Attack. So I'll let you keep that one. For now!

But I couldn't help but notice you have yet to even attempt Mythic Attack...

MythicCourtyard.jpg

equil

I got some free stuff in anyone wants them.

DTHKF - 7VRTY - JQJTT - RMP9R - 687CD
QCK39 - YYGTC -VGHM9 - 9XRV9 - HBH7J
VG3J9 - 86B83 - YQV68 - VT6VH - FBT4Y
B7782 - 8YCR9 - TTQH7 - 7BD3J - RHJWM

GhaleonEB said:
Damn, that's most impressive. I did mostly Sniper Attack and Grunpocalypse last night, since I'd burned out on regular Score Attack. So I'll let you keep that one. For now!

But I couldn't help but notice you have yet to even attempt Mythic Attack...

Yeah, Mythic ate my lunch in my one and only attempt, lol. I'll have to give it another go sometime, but it sure won't be on Courtyard.

Does anybody on this forum do any streaming of their matches on justin.tv or something?

I'd love to see some great players in action in the MLG playlists or the Arena, so I can try to take some pointers. :D

The Antitype said:
Does anybody on this forum do any streaming of their matches on justin.tv or something?

I'd love to see some great players in action in the MLG playlists or the Arena, so I can try to take some pointers. :D
lol

Tashi streams his matches all the time. I don't have the link personally, but I bet someone will link it shortly (unlike Dax, who likes to just lol).

Edit: See? Told ya.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
LosDaddie said:
No, it's not. A charged Plasma Pistol is your savior on higher difficulties. I also leaned a good deal on the Bubble Shield too, since it fully recharges your health/shields. And yes, Patience & Strategy are essential too.

I said for me. :lol

Hey You

Just went into a custom lobby with a kid that modded his rank to be a Inheritor and have the Bungie symbol nameplate while real Bungie Employee in the game :lol . I don't think the real employee has any power to do anything about it, hopefully he talks to someone who does.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yea Dax why do you have such an ugly picture of her there?

Also, I haven't played MLG in like a week. I haven't played anything in a week actually. Except for like 5 matches of Halo 3 on Monday. If I do get on and stream I'll link it here for sure.

LosDaddie

Banned
urk said:

Thanks for the info. I hope there's at least one more BNET image update left in you guys.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tashi0106 said:
Yea Dax why do you have such an ugly picture of her there?

Also, I haven't played MLG in like a week. I haven't played anything in a week actually. Except for like 5 matches of Halo 3 on Monday. If I do get on and stream I'll link it here for sure.

Just further evidence that Dax's taste sucks.

He hates MLG, he thinks Shims are hot, seriously pick men or women, he probably likes that shitty music that he linked to, and he thinks the needler/nerfle is a good weapon.

xxjuicesxx said:
Which 343 job fits me as an individual.

Ah hell I'll just take MP lead design. Thanks bro.

Just get behind me, I'll go in there like gang busters to prove I'm the man for their security, in the mean while position yourself for maximum benefit. :D

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
watching my nephew play firefight...

holy shit, you can assassinate brutes!? i tried several times when the game first came out and it never seemed to work, so i figured it wasnt possible, but my nephew just did a bad ass one. heh, so cool to find new shit in a game i've already put countless hours in!

op_ivy said:

holy shit, you can assassinate brutes!? i tried several times when the game first came out and it never seemed to work, so i figured it wasnt possible, but my nephew just did a bad ass one. heh, so cool to find new shit in a game i've already put countless hours in!
I've only been able to do it once, but it was pretty sweet. Wish I would have saved it...

op_ivy said:

You can assasinate pretty much anything. I've even performed it on grunts.

Top Bottom