• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

MrBig

Hypertrooper said:
Wasn't that already confirmed as a fake?
I found this on HBO. They don't know yet.

the countdown will end at Tuesday, their usual release day, and at 7, their usual update time.

GhaleonEB

MrBig said:

the countdown will end at Tuesday, their usual release day, and at 7, their usual update time.
Bungie's site is http://www.bungieaerospace.com
MrBig said:

Screams fan hoax to me. Bungie won't announce their next project via a simple web counter like that. Activision is the publisher - it will debut with a bang.

GhaleonEB

Overheard as my daughter plays her inaugural game of Multiteam just now. Elite Slayer, naturally.

"I had the perfect stick, and then he went into armor lock. That's all anyone is doing - stick, armor lock. Stick, armor lock. This is so dumb!"

Even eight year-olds know armor lock is bad stuff.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
GhaleonEB said:
Overheard as my daughter plays her inaugural game of Multiteam just now. Elite Slayer, naturally.

"I had the perfect stick, and then he went into armor lock. That's all anyone is doing - stick, armor lock. Stick, armor lock. This is so dumb!"

:lol :lol

zumphry

Banned
GhaleonEB said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

That's the second thing I've heard this week of kids saying really awesome things.

Letters said:
my body is ready

POUR IT INTO MY VEINS!

unless it's a mmo then maybe drip it..?

GhaleonEB said:

:lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Lol, that's pretty funny Ghaleon
sobchak.png

Thanks for watching!

GhaleonEB said:

:lol :lol :lol

Eventually shes going to end up snapping the disk in half.
Which will then armor lock to avoid breaking.

zumphry

Banned
Alienshogun said:
A little OT since it deals with Halo 3, but someone just pointed out to me something interesting on another forum.

http://www.badcartridge.com/index.php?/topic/836-halo-reach-community-thread/page__view__findpost__p__16254

Is that true? If so, that's pretty cool.

I really liked that detail when I could actually load The Ark on my disc. Though, I'd always be able to get the Chieftain to stay around the staircase leading up to that encounter, or pick off the Jetpack Brutes and Jackal snipers then face him.

Hey You

There were a couple of threads on BNet talking about the BA.org domain. Its registered to a different person in a different state. I'm pretty sure Bungie hosts all their sites on their own servers.

Hydranockz said:
I mentioned it yesterday... but I have no idea how to properly make sense of HBO's layouts and stuff :p

Great customs yesterday. Here is the clip of me splattering Sighkoon with my mongoose on that interesting Zanzibar remake if someone has a free minute to spare. Got a pull medal too :p (I had recommended it to get the achievement. I hadn't realised I was unable to choose who to recommend it to.)
Rendering...

Louis Wu

Hydranockz said:
Great customs yesterday. Here is the clip of me splattering Sighkoon with my mongoose on that interesting Zanzibar remake if someone has a free minute to spare. Got a pull medal too :p (I had recommended it to get the achievement. I hadn't realised I was unable to choose who to recommend it to.)
That's friggin' awesome. :lol :lol

MrBig

Gui_PT said:
A GAF lurker was kind enough to render this for me:
Oh gosh, I did it again

Thank you.
:lol how did he not see it? he barely missed it the first time. Also you're almost to field marshal so"you're fat."

e: I'd just like to point something out again: customs are dead in reach.
I played 4 times as many custom games in H3 as I did matchmaking games. http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/careerstats.aspx?player=Mr Kwatz
Right now I have more matchmaking games in reach than I every did in H3/2
Nobody gets a lobby going unless it's pre-organized somewhere.
What killed it?

Gui_PT

MrBig said:
:lol how did he not see it? he barely missed it the first time. Also you're almost to field marshal so"you're fat."

Why did he even try to drop down the hole? :lol

And I haven't even filled 1/10 of the bar yet. It's going to be an awful grind

Kuroyume

Banned
Yeah, Multi Team is the worst for that. Always feels like I get 10+ kills taken away from me whenever I play. Whenever I play Elite Slayer, which is way too often, I will sometimes switch over to the AL loadout because it's unfuriating to use anything else... Unless you get on one of the larger maps like Pinnacle and then evade is a good choice because of the needle rifle. With crap like AL and Evade making it to the final game just think of the dumb shit they left on the cutting floor before finishing the game.

Striker said:
Because having sprint + jetpack, camo, armor lock, etc would be an overload.
Even still, sprint is a standard for most FPS. Bungie is the king of balancing things out. I'm 100 percent sure they would've figured something out.

Striker

TacticalFox88 said:
Even still, sprint is a standard for most FPS. Bungie is the king of balancing things out. I'm 100 percent sure they would've figured something out.
The base speed would just be set higher - what point of sprint is there if its always available and not an ability? Think back to Halo 1/2's regular base speed and how fast it was. No AA's, no equipment to set apart the gameplay.

I patiently await the DLC that will let me use AAs while driving vehicles.

Armourlock + Wraith

Jetpack + mongoose

Camo + hog

Hologram + banshee....

Make it happen urk :p

hJglT.png

Rules:
  • There are no prizes. It's just fun.
  • You can post your Bungie.net stats till Sunday(01.02.11) 8am(PST/5pm GMT/1pm EST) in this thread. -> It's over dude!
  • It is solo only
  • You have to play the mode online, so we can see your stats online.

This week gametype is: Gruntpoc... OMG! WTF?! by Hypertrooper

Ranking(So far):
Zennshi 39,449
ZayneH 32,413
Louis Wu 30,692
Hydranockz 29,073
Guileless 4,687

This week winner is Zennshi with 39,449points. Next week(tomorrow) is going to be epic, believe me! But only 5 participants is a bit meh. But I'll continue with this stuff.

MrBig said:

e: I'd just like to point something out again: customs are dead in reach.
I played 4 times as many custom games in H3 as I did matchmaking games. http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/careerstats.aspx?player=Mr Kwatz
Right now I have more matchmaking games in reach than I every did in H3/2
Nobody gets a lobby going unless it's pre-organized somewhere.
What killed it?

Customs usually happen to play competativly, or just have a flat out laugh trying out a crazy map. I have a few friends who still jump on Reach for the odd crazy custom, but with the guys I play with we prefer Halo 3 for competative customs.

I doubt less people play customs on Reach - its probably just your friends who arent doing it as much?

Hydranockz said:
I patiently await the DLC that will let me use AAs while driving vehicles.

Armourlock + Wraith

Jetpack + mongoose

Camo + hog

Hologram + banshee....

Make it happen urk :p

Jetpack with Mongoose and Hologram with Banshee NEEDS to happen. :p

I think im going to have to hunt you down if Bungie impliments armour locking wraiths though. :lol

Alienshogun said:
Uh, they were both spamming, the jetpack had elevation advantage and scored the head shot before the other guy could land the last body shot. Not sure what the issue is.

Well that right there is my problem with bloom. :lol

Seriously, Halos short - mid range combat used to be about precision and movement, it was VERY fun, and satisfying.

In that video I dont think the guy using the pistol even bothered aiming, and yet got what seemed like a rapid 5 shot. :/

Top Bottom