• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Alienshogun said:
Jesus christ, if you don't have a full team to vote for pro, every game ends up being armor lock heros.

Damn, still?

I stopped playing Halo a few weeks ago as we headed into the holidays, and I was wondering if I should get back in after the new year. I only checked this thread to see if Armor Lock was gone/changed yet :lol

Gui_PT

First Challenges of the Year!

There Are Many Like... - 1000cR

Kill 100 enemies with precision weapons in the Campaign today.

Short, Controlled Bursts - 1000cR

Kill 50 enemies with automatic weapons in the Campaign today.

Above the Law - 2500cR

Complete a Round in Firefight Matchmaking without dying.

Un, Deux, Trois - 1300cR

Win 3 games in multiplayer Matchmaking.

They're not greeeeeat, but at least we get a mix of Campaign, FF and MM

GhaleonEB

Decent Challenges today. I'll knock off two just working on my playthrough. I was hoping for some bigger payouts, but I'll take it. (Brigadier is so far away....)

My first game of the new year was good - Multiteam, my partner and I both get 25 kills, and I unlock two Achievements in it (double-kill from the grave, double-kill with the shotty). Here's hoping the rest of the year goes as well.

Gui_PT

You guys remember that 57 second long betrayal I got on the Spire with a few stickies?

I did it again, only this time it took almost a minute and a half :lol

Here it is. Don't render is because it's over a minute long, but if you're on your 360, give it a look. Got a few neat kills while the stickies are just flying around :lol

Gui_PT said:
First Challenges of the Year!

There Are Many Like... - 1000cR

Kill 100 enemies with precision weapons in the Campaign today.

Short, Controlled Bursts - 1000cR

Kill 50 enemies with automatic weapons in the Campaign today.

Above the Law - 2500cR

Complete a Round in Firefight Matchmaking without dying.

Un, Deux, Trois - 1300cR

Win 3 games in multiplayer Matchmaking.

They're not greeeeeat, but at least we get a mix of Campaign, FF and MM

Boooo urns

I guess its better spent NOT challenge grinding, but I was sort of hoping for lots of special holiday challenges. Either way happy new year guys - no doubt this is the year we finally find out what Aerospace is, and see inklings of 343's first Halo game. :D

Arnie

TacticalFox88 said:
Trying to take down Elites with Human Weapons=doing it wrong. @_@ Dammit. I feel so clueless now. :lol
Definitely. As long as you have a precision weapon to bag the headshot plasma is the way to go. It must be said though, begrudgingly...
the AR is great for killing Elites

*Goes for a cold shower

Arnie said:
Definitely. As long as you have a precision weapon to bag the headshot plasma is the way to go. It must be said though, begrudgingly... THE AR IS GREAT FOR KILLING ELITES.
*Goes for a cold shower
Slightly modified and put in bold for good measure.

:D :D :D

Arnie

Dax01 said:
Slightly modified and put in bold for good measure.

:D :D :D
:D

Can't argue to be honest, that thing is a miracle at higher difficulties when the Elite's are bobbing and weaving like Ali.

Oozer3993

Dani said:
Once Ghaleon started giving out tips, everyone here is now triple MLG Pro. That reminds me, got to add a few xx's and 0's to my GT.

xX0MGx1Tz0DaniXx

Shake Appeal said:
I will play this videogame again some day soon!

I'm in the same boat. I've got a bunch of stuff to play first before I can get back to Reach. Damn Christmas.

Happy new year halogaf!

I finally got out of las vegas after being stuck 2 extra days because of the snowpacalypse, and I'm looking forward to some gaming that doesn't cost a 10 ante. :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
electricpirate said:
Happy new year halogaf!

I finally got out of las vegas after being stuck 2 extra days because of the snowpacalypse, and I'm looking forward to some gaming that doesn't cost a 10 ante. :lol

We had tornadopocalypse here yesterday. 2 F3s and 3 F0s, one of the F3s may be upgraded to F4.

BTW I haven't seen you on in forever!

I wish Reach had an equivalent of Wager matches in Call of Duty Black Ops. You have to put up a certain amount of credits to participate, and if you score with a margin at the end of the game, you get more credits.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I forget who said it before, but I wish Reach on B.net would show most used AAs by time used/activated. Then you could see who plays how. THAT would be a welcome addition.

Popeck

Alienshogun said:
I forget who said it before, but I wish Reach on B.net would show most used AAs by time used/activated. Then you could see who plays how. THAT would be a welcome addition.

Indeed, my secret indentity, the Black Locker, would be revealed.

Seriously, I never use Armor Lock.

Gui_PT

Alienshogun said:

I'm sure they'll get to that once the fix the Spartan Model image on b.net

Alienshogun said:
What do you expect from such a feature? You want to see that AL is the most used AA?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Gui_PT said:
I'm sure they'll get to that once the fix the Spartan Model image on b.net

Yeah, so right around "Go fuck yourself, and never." :lol

2ch3ta9.jpg

Hypertrooper said:
What do you expect from such a feature? You want to see that AL is the most used AA?

I explained what I wanted to see, you would see exactly how someone plays, just like looking at their overall tools of destruction.

Magni

Dax01 said:
Excuse me, but this is an American thread, so that means we speak American in here.

I speak no Finnish or Gaeilge (?) yet I understood what was posted above, I never understood why my fellow Americans were so afraid of foreign languages ><

was that a joke about the assholes online proclaiming that "Halo is an American game so we speak American!" (or even worse, "we're in America so you have to speak English!" with the usual insults and slurs) ? I haven't slept in a while so my ISD may be broken..

Sai-kun

Banned
MagniHarvald said:
I speak no Finnish or Gaeilge (?) yet I understood what was posted above, I never understood why my fellow Americans were so afraid of foreign languages ><

was that a joke about the assholes online proclaiming that "Halo is an American game so we speak American!" (or even worse, "we're in America so you have to speak English!" with the usual insults and slurs) ? I haven't slept in a while so my ISD may be broken..

I'm pretty sure dax was joking :p

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Happy New Year everyone!

I just picked up Reach yesterday. Are those customs still on for tonight? I'd like to play a couple games with Halo-GAF.

GT: JUDDERMANG

Arnie

Had some great MLG games tonight, won one with a 4-3 flag capture on Zealot in the dying seconds, felt so good, especially as we went 2-0 down right off the bat. I always have fazes with Reach where one day my DMR is monstrous but the next day it's a nervous wreck, same goes for my sniping and pro piping. It also takes me a few games to warm up when I first come on.

Damn my Astros are awesome, definitely gives you a noticeable advantage whilst playing, especially on maps such as Sanctuary where you're sat top middle just listening to where the opponents are. The only thing is my Rx unit for the mixamp is eating up batteries, decided to order the rechargeable one from their website.

Starting to warm to Zealot with MLG's spawns, feels much better than the Vanilla version. I also like being able to predict where enemies are going to come from just for the added strategy, especially in objective games where shutting the opponents down takes on an extra importance.

Zealot and Countdown are actually pretty decent maps, despite my initial skepticism at launch. We just need Anchor 9 to be imported into the playlist and we would have a pretty good stable of maps a few months out.

Top Bottom